PDA

View Full Version : TNA in the UK (Why 1 week behind)

westy
03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Just seen the latest Impact from the US. Brilliant, me and my gf thought it was fantastic. Just wanted to get that out. But why if anyone can tell me please. Now TNA is on Challenge in the UK why are we still 1 week behind. Bravo we were 2 days behind. I don't want to watch Impact by other means, I would like to sit down sat night and be able to watch it. Not last weeks. What's up with this?

TNA is fantastic right now. So good to see them putting on some really good shows.

PJaybe
03-06-2011, 09:46 AM
The really annoying thing is that it's on the old Bravo timeslot on a Saturday night, but 9 days out of date. Bloody stupid if you ask me.

Philip

LeeNicholsonUK
03-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey Guys.
Just to let you know, with TNA airing in the USA on a Thursday, UK fans can watch that ep on a Tuesday night on Challenge, the Saturday night one you are on about is the Tuesday night repeat, then PPV's always air on the Wednesday.

Hope this helps.

Lee.

PJaybe
03-06-2011, 10:30 AM
That's what I meant. If you are showing the program on a saturday, two nights after new episodes premiere, then why make up wait until Tuesday, then take up Saturday nights with a completely out of date show. Get the new episdodes on on the weekends, don't make us wait for the Tuesday night.....

Philip

westy
03-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree Phillip. We UK fans are very good to TNA. That's why they hold 3 shows here a year. They are getting great ratings. Bravo was nice. 2 days we can wait for that. That is news to me that it's on Tuesday night. Thank you Lee. But still, were still 5 days. I can wait 5 days, others thought can't and will get Impact from the net I'm sure.

Just liked it the way it was before, thought it worked well. Just means for 5 days we can't be on the site. I for one have turned my back on spoilers, because they do just that :) Much better to watch Impact and see the surprises happen. Great stuff.

Well I will be watching Tuesday nights now, again thanks Lee :) It is a great show, it really is. Won't spoil it but brilliant!!!

ChrisQ1
03-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm no expert but I think that's theres a degree of logic as to why its being shown on a tuesday. If you think about the key demographic that TNA aims for (Males 18-30) then they are more than likely going to be out on a saturday night, whereas if they were going to show it on a tuesday these same people are more likely to be stopping in. Therefore it makes total sense to have iMPACT shown on a tuesday because TNA are trying to maximise there ratings here in the UK.

eboy
03-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Wait when do you guys get impact the saturday after the week its aired in the us

Nay_Than
03-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I just stream TNA now. Fuck waiting a whole week to watch it

westy
03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
As the above poster said, he streams Impact. This is what will happen if they don't show it earlier. They must understand we have the net now, and we don't have to wait. Internet fans especially know how. If they make us wait too long more will copy.

But I understand what your saying ChrisQ1 about demographs. Most 18-30 should be out on a saturday night. A place I should be too :)

steveorton
03-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok, I'm jus sayin...

Lowki
03-06-2011, 02:19 PM
It's only five days. iMPACT is already spoiled 3 weeks in advance anyways which i think is much worse!

Nay_Than
03-06-2011, 02:21 PM
It's only five days. iMPACT is already spoiled 3 weeks in advance anyways which i think is much worse!

Fully agree

The Red Ryda
03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
3 shows a year? LOL

wallyman
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
dont forget...tna doesnt choose the timeslot....it the tv executives who choose it ^^

xAzureSkye
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Annoys me too. They air impact on Saturday nights, but it's the episode from the Thursday before, not the Thursday that just past.

TLK
03-06-2011, 04:45 PM
dont forget...tna doesnt choose the timeslot....it the tv executives who choose it ^^

Exactly. Right now before TNA left bravo it was getting about 50,000 viewers. Now it is getting over 150,000 viewers now it is on challenge on Freeview. It is now challenge's biggest ratings show and given this as how many viewers are watching on a Tuesday. They may consider moving it to a premium slot in the future. Also as this channel is owned by sky. They have probably decided to slot it in on Tuesday so not to clash with WWE programming. But 5 days later is better than none at all.