PDA

View Full Version : The Tna Reason

steveorton
03-06-2011, 08:54 AM
The question I put forward to you today: Why did you start to watch Tna?
I watched it on and off but it was when the Instant Classic Christian Cage debuted did I start to watch it full time. Presently I hate the Tna product its a clusterfuck show, I'm jus sayin...

jethro
03-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Question about TNA in WWE thread?

My reason is back then I read somewhere about Jeff Jarrett create a promotion call TNA in Nashville,watch it on starworld channel early 2003 and I'm impressed with what X division shown,the moves I never seen before...I remember wow'ed by Low Ki's Ki krusher and Dragon clutch,along the way I've become a fan of Jerry Lynn,Low Ki,AJ,Amazing Red and Maximos,Kazarian,Sabin and Daniels...dislike Michael Shane though with the fans doing the stupid dance.

Kashdinero
03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
I followed it, through magazines, from day one. A few months after it's inception I procured the first 10 episodes on VHS, and I've been watching it ever since! Not the greatest promotion and full of ups and downs, mostly downs, but there have been enough ups to keep my interest piqued.... Well, at least there use to be plenty of ups, but these days it's going down faster than a drunk Kelly Kelly on a first date!

TheDevilsAdvocate
03-06-2011, 10:14 AM
I started watching it when 3 live cru?(or whatever they were called were dominating the iMPACT! zone with Team Canada that had Robert Roode as one of the members. I was crazy about it. The night it would come on, which I think it was Saturday or Sunday, I made sure that I never missed an episode. It. Was. Just. That. Entertaining. I was a huge fan of Abyss, Christofer Daniels, and all of the other X-Division guys an even the KO's! It was a breath of fresh air. TNA just seemed really great when Jim Cornette was there. I am not sure if he played a creative hand though. He could have.

K-Jammin
03-06-2011, 10:41 AM
When Kurt Angle joined! best move TNA's ever done.

steveorton
03-06-2011, 10:44 AM
@jethro sorry about that I'm use to posting threads about the WWE and @kashdinero lmfao dude, I'm jus sayin...

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I been a fan since day one follwing it on the Internet, and through the magaizines.... The classic NWA title, NWA tag title, and X division matches that made TNA famous.....
Ultimate X, AJ Styles and Abyss falls cout anywhere, Six sides of Steel, the 1st TNA cage match Triple Ladder match and so much more....
Besides it the best alternative with the greatest chances to succed on TV on to be number 2 wrestling company in the world!!!! With some of the greatest stars to grace the TNA ring!!!!!

steveorton
03-06-2011, 11:51 AM
@HCollins-TNA1 you seem like a huge fan but how do you feel about the current state of Tna with Hogan, Flair, etc, I'm jus sayin...

Nay_Than
03-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I started watching TNA 3 years ago

I was flicking through the channels and saw their Bound for Glory PPV on TV and since then, i've been hooked.

Never really watched wrestling before then.

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
@HCollins-TNA1 you seem like a huge fan but how do you feel about the current state of Tna with Hogan, Flair, etc, I'm jus sayin...

It just a era TNA is going through!!!!!
One thing people think Hogan got creative control!!!!!! When he only got creative control only for his character.... All Hogan has and was meant to be was talent enhancement for TNA, to gain media, and national exposure....
Do I think he done that yes.... but one thing people forgets Hogans TNA contract runs out at the end of this year!!!!
Thus let me make the prediction for Bound for Glory Hogan vs Sting Loser leave TNA/Retirement match!!!!!

As for Flair he adds to the list of great wrestlers who have wrestled or appeared in TNA.....

So to answer how do i feel about TNA.... it just going through an era, as all wrestling companies has or had in the past and will in the future!!!!

steveorton
03-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Ok cool, I respect your answer, I'm jus sayin...

WWTNA Mark
03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
I actually got a poster of TNA Slammiversery back in 2004 in the mail and I was like "what the fuck is this?!?" Then I started to follow there shows ever since.

Bodom
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
I actually got a poster of TNA Slammiversery back in 2004 in the mail and I was like "what the fuck is this?!?" Then I started to follow there shows ever since.

I thought there wasn't a Slammiversary in 2004?

evilgenius780
03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I started watching TNA here and there when they got a tv deal with Spike, every now and then over the past few years I tune in to see if its gotten half decent..so far not..but one day I hope to watch an episode from start to to finish and be able to say "that wasn't so bad"

willos19991
03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
well the way that i discovered tna was when kurt went to tna and tna had commercials during wwe programing advertising how samoa joe was undefeated and he was going to face kurt, but i didnt watch tna untill last year and i dont watch tna anymore because from last year to this year tna has suck however i do know why people like tna and its mostly because of 2005 and 2006

Lowki
03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
2004 when they had Team Canada. I liked the Ultimate X, King of the mountain, X-division and the X-Cup! That cup used to be awesome, one thing i actually used to look forward to in TNA. It was just great seeing people like Puma, Shocker, Jushin liger (who i always liekd back in WCW), Incognito (who is in FCW now). It was just a faster, more wrestling based company and they used crazier moves than WWE; Canadian destroyer is an example.
Now TNA is meh. It's just lost that charm now it's trying to use WCW/WWE style storylines rather than taking advantage of the things that made them unique and gained them a fanbase to begin with.

WWTNA Mark
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lScPvBHZNak

Bodom
03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lScPvBHZNak

I remember that match. That was when they had the weekly pay per views. Pretty sure they didn't start naming shows till late 2004/early 2005

steveorton
03-06-2011, 06:39 PM
I think Bodom is right, the paperview started from 2005 and I went to search for 2004 slammiversry I got the same vid, I'm jus sayin...

merhardt03
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
It just a era TNA is going through!!!!!
One thing people think Hogan got creative control!!!!!! When he only got creative control only for his character.... All Hogan has and was meant to be was talent enhancement for TNA, to gain media, and national exposure....
Do I think he done that yes.... but one thing people forgets Hogans TNA contract runs out at the end of this year!!!!
Thus let me make the prediction for Bound for Glory Hogan vs Sting Loser leave TNA/Retirement match!!!!!

As for Flair he adds to the list of great wrestlers who have wrestled or appeared in TNA.....

So to answer how do i feel about TNA.... it just going through an era, as all wrestling companies has or had in the past and will in the future!!!!

Finally somebody with logic! Thank You.

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
I remember that match. That was when they had the weekly pay per views. Pretty sure they didn't start naming shows till late 2004/early 2005

Slammiversary was called that before the monthly PPVs if i remember right.... This year will be SlammiversaryIX

THEKEVINBRAND
03-06-2011, 07:50 PM

there wasn't it started only in 2005, and that was at TNA's Second Anniversary Show during its weekly PPVs the real PPVs we know now started on November 7, 2004, when TNA aired Victory Road 2004.