PDA

View Full Version : Convince me about tna...

Leggo
03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Hi guys, new to the forum, but not to wtestling.

Have been a fan of wwf/wwe since the mid eighties. Watched wcw throughout, and, until vince took over... Have dabbled in tna a bit but always thought they were playing catch up. In your opinion, what does tna have that wwe doesn't...

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 05:52 PM
A great Tag Team Division. TNA builds there Tag Teams like gold. They actually care about there Tag Team division. With great Tag Team like MCMG, Beer Money, and Gunner & Murphy, it just shows that TNA knows what to do with there Tag Team Division.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 05:55 PM
1)half filled arena's

2) a low budget

3) a dumb ass named Dixie Carter that don't know shit about tv production or anything about pro rasslin.

U MAD???

thejman93
03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
1)half filled arena's

2) a low budget

3) a dumb ass named Dixie Carter that don't know shit about tv production or anything about pro rasslin.

U MAD???

I'm with The Pisser here; I try to love TNA, I really do, but ^ makes it very hard.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
http://wrestlingupdateonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TNA_Eliminate_The_Hate_20101101_0001.jpg

You can't say one nice thing about TNA? I mean I know TNA has ALOT of problems but they do have a great roster and a great Tag Team Division, i'll give them that.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I forgot to say the KO Division. :)

samoan619
03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
well they have actual wrestling, a non pg enviornment, they have the three man voltron known as bischogarusso lol.. actually, you know what, im gonna need some convincing myself..

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Something nice about TNA huh???? How about I'm happy the company hasn't folded yet, nice enough for you my developmentally delayed friend WWTNA.;)

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Something nice about TNA huh???? How about I'm happy the company hasn't folded yet, nice enough for you my developmentally delayed friend WWTNA.;)

http://gifgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/joker-bravo.gif

Thats what i'm talking about. :)

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Does TNA have a couple of great tag teams? Sure. But a whole great division? Hardly.

The best thing about TNA at the moment is the unintentional comedic genius that is Dixie Carter. I seriously think she should be Steve Carell's replacement on The Office.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
on a side note WWTNA, your sister was scaring people again in public, I just happened to have my video camera with me, check her out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6PpP-pAcg

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Does TNA have a couple of great tag teams? Sure. But a whole great division? Hardly.

The best thing about TNA at the moment is the unintentional comedic genius that is Dixie Carter. I seriously think she should be Steve Carell's replacement on The Office.

At least they care about there division. I'm not saying that they have the best division but there is no denying the fact that they know what to do with there divisions.

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
At least they care about there division. I'm not saying that they have the best division but there is no denying the fact that they know what to do with there divisions.
Hahahahahahahaha. Ever heard of a little thing called an X-Division? The current state of that completely renders your statement as all types of incorrect.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:32 PM
on a side note WWTNA, your sister was scaring people again in public, I just happened to have my video camera with me, check her out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6PpP-pAcg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuRsBgak998

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
[/B] Hahahahahahahaha. Ever heard of a little thing called an X-Division? The current state of that completely renders your statement as all types of incorrect.

I'm pretty sure I was talking about the Tag Team Division....

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
[/B] Hahahahahahahaha. Ever heard of a little thing called an X-Division? The current state of that completely renders your statement as all types of incorrect.

Iron Ape you have to forgive my asshat little friend WWTNA he knows not what he say's.

Plus don't forget-------Behind every argument is someone's ignorance. -Louis D. Brandeis

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I was talking about the Tag Team Division....
You said that they know what to do with their divisions, and that's plural.

And, again, I don't see how having 2 or 3 good to great tag teams makes for a great division. It just makes for having 2 or 3 good to great tag teams.

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2011, 06:37 PM
TNA have a handful of good tag teams. TNA has a decent womens division (WWE's division is on the up though).
But TNA also (like Ape said) has a low budget, half full arenas, and a backstage team (with the exception of Tommy Dreamer and a few others) that doesn't have a clue on how to run a successful company!!

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Iron Ape you have to forgive my asshat little friend WWTNA he knows not what he say's.

Plus don't forget-------Behind every argument is someone's ignorance. -Louis D. Brandeis
Yeah, I'm definitely getting that.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Really got to work on your grammar. :p Anyways, I think TNA has alot of flaws but has a few things that are going for them.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
TNA have a handful of good tag teams. TNA has a decent womens division (WWE's division is on the up though).
But TNA also (like Ape said) has a low budget, half full arenas, and a backstage team (with the exception of Tommy Dreamer and a few others) that doesn't have a clue on how to run a successful company!!

Exactly what I feel about TNA.

TheMadThinker
03-05-2011, 06:42 PM

Every time I see her on TV she is like a dear in the headlights. The segment she did with Hogan/Flair/Bischoff was so uncomfortable and out of place it is almost passes for entertainment.

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Really got to work on your grammar. :p Anyways, I think TNA has alot of flaws but has a few things that are going for them.
Heads-up, grammar Nazi: "alot" is not a word. ;)

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Every time I see her on TV she is like a dear in the headlights. The segment she did with Hogan/Flair/Bischoff was so uncomfortable and out of place it is almost passes for entertainment.
I was just saying in another thread that the awfulness is what keeps me watching these days. Almost every Impact seems to have a cringe-worthy or uncomfortable element to it that reminds me of a less intentional Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

Automatic
03-05-2011, 06:54 PM
How does it come that TNA still has steady ratings if the show is that bad?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 06:54 PM

Its a form of speech my sperm burping gutter slut friend WWTNA.

WWTNA Mark
03-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Its a form of speech my sperm burping gutter slut friend WWTNA.

I'm going to quote a friend of mine, "I take this with a grain of salt." ;)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm going to quote a friend of mine, "I take this with a grain of salt." ;)

Was the gutter part a bit too harsh???;)

Bodom
03-05-2011, 07:00 PM

That's just it.

The numbers don't grow. They've stayed in the same zone for 4 years

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Since when have ratings ever been indicative of quality? I mean, you are aware that Two and a Half Men is the biggest comedy on television, right?

THEKEVINBRAND
03-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Since when have ratings ever been indicative of quality? I mean, you are aware that Two and a Half Men is the biggest comedy on television, right?

sorry was.... it's cancelled

Rassling_Fan
03-05-2011, 07:16 PM
TNA has some of the best wrestlers on TV, who are underpaid unless they're higher on the card. They still have a Tag Team Division, even though there's only three real teams in TNA. The Woman's division is alright, not as good as it was a few years ago. The X-Division is their crown jewel, though that Jewel isn't as sparkly as it once was...

But in pure positive, they have Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. Ric Flair is still one of the best on the Mic. And Mr. Anderson is in the upper card like I wished he was in WWE (for now).

merhardt03
03-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Good one Ape!!!
The way I see it, if you dont like TNA after watching than that is your opinion, but there is no need for constant TNA bashing threads. If you dont watch it ever & you "go with the crowd" & bash TNA, then you are a mindless dull unindividualistic drone & need to shut up.

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
A re-run from this past week won it's time-slot, so that's kind of irrelevant.

The Brown One
03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
On topic, some things that TNA does better than WWE:

* A women's division, where many of the women have more wrestling ability than most of the WWE women's roster. Even Angelina Love, and Velvet Sky can wrestle to a decent standard.

* The women aren't afraid to take bumps. Over the course of TNA's existence, we have seen women in matches that they aren't usually in e.g. Steel Cage, Street Fights, matches where both competitors are intoxicated, and they do stuff that the WWE hasn't done since the Attitude Era days e.g. Daffney being thrown off the stage into thumbtacks/barbed wire, Mickie James hitting a Louse Thez press(sorry for incorrect spelling) off a steel cage.

* TNA's best tagteam is better than the WWE's best tagteam, in terms of promos and wrestling skills-Beer Money>The Corre.

* TNA has more tagteams than WWE, and they put on better matches too e.g. Beer Money, Ink Inc, EY and OJ, Gunner and Murphy, Gen Me> Corre, Santino and Kozlov.

* TNA has more controversial stuff than the WWE..i.e. they cross the line, no pun intended. If you like controversy, then you will like what TNA has to offer. Just this week we saw a wedding ruined, and a father "losing" his child in a custody battle.

* Wrestlers have more freedom on the mic i.e. they can swear, and make sexual references as much as they want(with the exception of the F word, which is bleeped). If you miss the vulgarity of the Attitude Era, then TNA is for you.

* Slightly better technical wrestling. We can see this from Douglas Williams, and Kurt Angle.

* More wrestling in the show, as opposed to promos, and we see longer matches too, from everyone, including the women.

Automatic
03-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Allright that's true, but that means that that 1.0 - 1.3 rating is the part of the WWE audience that didn't like the PG and keep watching TNA because they are to stubborn to see that it is a bad show? Btw I'm not aware of the current bigger/ more popular shows in America.

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2011, 10:07 PM
@ Leggo:

Do you want us to convince you to watch TNA or convince you not to watch it? Because one of those tasks is much easier than the other!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2011, 10:59 PM
TNA has some of the best wrestlers on TV, who are underpaid unless they're higher on the card. They still have a Tag Team Division, even though there's only three real teams in TNA. The Woman's division is alright, not as good as it was a few years ago. The X-Division is their crown jewel, though that Jewel isn't as sparkly as it once was...

But in pure positive, they have Kurt Angle and AJ Styles. Ric Flair is still one of the best on the Mic. And Mr. Anderson is in the upper card like I wished he was in WWE (for now).
Actually TNA got 5 or 6 tag teams compare to WWE 3 or 4 teams!!!!
Beer Money, MCMGs, Gen Me, Ink Ink,OJ and EY, Gunner and Murphy

TNA got a talent filled women divison
Tara, Mickie James, the BP, Winter, Sarita, Rosita, Madison Rayne, Cookie and always adding to it ...

They got a great but lacklust X division these days....
Kaz, Suicide, Kendrick, MCMGs, Gen Me, Doug Williams, Amazing Red, and etc.

Mid Card is strong but it lacks
Stenier, Rob Terry, Abyss, Crimison, Hernandez, Matt Morgan, RVD, Matt Hardy, Ken Anderson, Double J, and etc....

The the same for HW
Angle, Anderson, RVD, Hardy and Sting

Really TNA lacks that one big name or breakout star or breakout storyline!!!! also notice if WWE's ratings is up TNA's rating is up

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2011, 11:00 PM
How can I forget AJ Styles!!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I was just saying in another thread that the awfulness is what keeps me watching these days. Almost every Impact seems to have a cringe-worthy or uncomfortable element to it that reminds me of a less intentional Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

The same feeling I have have about the WWE for the past 5 to 10 years......
It sorta been lacking something????? Other then what the Rock brought back a few weeks ago!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
My advice if you watching TNA, you can't compare it to the WWE.....
It no secret it no where the size of the WWE..... Comparing TNA to WWE would be like comparing Coke to Sam's choice or some lesser known soda!!!

As i said a few minutes ago TNA is missing one or two things..... That one big surprise!!!! and that one breakout star, which i think they got now!!!!

Bodom
03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
To all of you speaking of current, great tag team divisions, I have just three letters for you.

ROH

HCollins-TNA1
03-05-2011, 11:17 PM
To all of you speaking of current, great tag team divisions, I have just three letters for you.

ROH

Agree ROH and TNA got the best Tag Teams....
Follow by the NWA!!!!!

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Allright that's true, but that means that that 1.0 - 1.3 rating is the part of the WWE audience that didn't like the PG and keep watching TNA because they are to stubborn to see that it is a bad show? Btw I'm not aware of the current bigger/ more popular shows in America.
That's a complete leap in logic that I'm not going to take.

Bodom
03-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Agree ROH and TNA got the best Tag Teams....
Follow by the NWA!!!!!

TNA has maybe two solid tag teams.

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2011, 01:10 AM
TNA has maybe two solid tag teams.

TNA got 6 or 7 solid may i say read my above statement or this one!!!!
Beer Money, Gunner and Murphy, MCMGs, Gen Me, Ink Ink, OJ and EY

SilverGhost
03-06-2011, 02:04 AM
TNA got 6 or 7 solid may i say read my above statement or this one!!!!
Beer Money, Gunner and Murphy, MCMGs, Gen Me, Ink Ink, OJ and EY

Those are the true tag teams. Ink Inc is close. But we know what happened to Shelly :(

rko619
03-06-2011, 03:01 AM
great tag teams

THEKEVINBRAND
03-06-2011, 03:07 AM
If TNA was still producing the awesome television, I would've loved to see The Kings of Wrestling or The Briscoes get a share in the spotlight, but i won't see that happening at least for now

eboy
03-06-2011, 03:26 AM
5 best things about TNA

1.TAG DIVISION
2.KURT ANGLE
3.AJ STYLES
4.LOCKDOWN
5.MR ANDERSONS ASSJOLE GIMMICKS

5 REASONS WHY I PREFER TNA TO WWE

ShockMaster
03-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Pineapple Juice rules

steveorton
03-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Tna sucks, I'm jus sayin...

jethro
03-06-2011, 08:54 AM
To answer op question - checkout TNA 2002-2008 stuff especially X division and tag team matches,back then they have X cup tournaments,special attraction match featuring jushin thunder liger and hiroshi tanahashi.Also Don west is very charismatic commentator,i miss his commentating.

Lowki
03-06-2011, 08:59 AM
It's not. This season was cancelled but not the show. They have had to stop it currently due to charlie sheen being batshit crazy, abusing drugs heavily and giving bizare interviews. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5aSa4tmVNM

He also verbally attacked and threatened Chuck Lorre (the head producer). It's not cancelled as a show yet, but it hinges on Charlie Sheen's sanity.

That's just it.

The numbers don't grow. They've stayed in the same zone for 4 years
Yeah, i think the majority of fans that watch TNA now are the same people that loved it back in 2006, when it was actually a good show. I only know one person who can sit down, watch it and find it entertaining. However, he only watches TNA because he doesn't have access to Raw or Smackdown so whilst he does like the show, it's mainly because TNA is the only access to wrestling he gets. Anyone else that has watched it once have dismissed it and continued to watch WWE.

I hate that i'm watching a show that looks poorly produced. It just doesn't have that polish that WWE has. It may just be the impact zone, but the production value isn't much better than WCW/WWF back in the 90s. It does have a "realer" feeling about it though, but i'm not a fan of the reality TV approach - wrestlers giving their thoughts backstage with what looks like a guy filming it with an Iphone. I prefer promos if anything is done backstage. Some people shouldn't have much mic time - RVD is one of them. He always sounds stoned. I agree with whoever said about half filled arenas.
There are the odd wrestling gems in there though. One thing i truly hate is Russo swerves, too. You could be watching a potential match of the year then somebody interferes and then there's a bullshit ending. They need to keep the Russo swerves to a minimum and used them sparodically for a better effect.

TBO was spot on though. WWE has NEVER been about tag team wrestling! There's no point going on about a division that Vince has always used to push one v one storylines - two fued being given shared spotlight and to give them something to do that isn't a promo/one on one match. It delays the inevitable one on one match by several weeks. The other thing about tag teams is that he likes to use them to build up one guy, then break them up and he has earned a possible main eventer and a jobber from the team (I like to call it "the Rocker effect").There have been the odd period where we got a load of tag teams in one period (E&C, hardys and dudleys) but most of the time tag teams are big fish in small ponds so to speak. Even LOD were shit on during their first WWF run and were given a stupid ventreloquist dummy...They were fueding with demolition (Crush replaced Ax which lost it's value) and nasty boyz.

gokhanx99
03-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Xdivision usedd to be epic. i remember joe, aj, daniels tripple threat. best match tna ever had. those days are gone tho. its on a slide. and has any1 els notice that know one has anything nice to say about the tna whc belt. if they focus more on xdivsion again and forget what wwe are doing then they can be great again.