PDA

View Full Version : The Rebooking of TNA: January 4th 2010

VKM
03-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Now its not a secret that TNA's January 4th 2010 impact show was complete garbage. The matches didn't make since, and they spent more time talking then they did wrestling. I believe that if TNA had done better, they would have gained more fans in the long run. Their biggest chance pf drawing in fans was Hulk Hogan and he doesn't even open up the show. Obviously the ratings went down during the show because they kayfabely made it seem as though Hogan hadn't even arrived - who were they trying to fool. At this time the champions were: (I'm getting rid of the knockouts tag team championships)

TNA world Heavyweight Championship:
AJ Styles

TNA Global Championship:
Eric Young

TNA X Division Championship:
Amazing Red

TNA Tag Team Championships:
British Invasion

TNA Knockouts Championship:
Tara

(I will post the rebooking of TNA JAN 4th 2010 sometime this weekend)

VKM
03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Backstory
The Knockouts Tag Team titles are gone. For weeks, there has been vignettes of the debut or return of someone. Daniels is still rivalring with AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe is still rivalring with Kurt Angle. Please give feedback.

TNA January 4th 2010

The show kicks off from Orlando, Florida, the iMPACT! Zone. Mike Tenay and the color commentator, Taz welcome us to the first Impact of the year, an impact that will be the best Impact in TNA's episodic history. The stage and entrance ramp explodes with pyros and fireworks as the fans cheer on and anticipate the TNA debut of Hulk Hogan. This is a 3 Hour - Live iMPACT broadcasting

Now the first match of iMPACT begins

Ultimate X match for the X Division Championship
Amazing Red © vs. Suicide vs. Jay Lethal vs. Homicide
Amazing Red controls half of the match with his ariel offensive attacks from the top rope and even the top cables. However, Homicde powerbombs Red from off the cable, flat on the mat. This gives Jay Lethal a lead in the match as he hangs on the cable, working his way to the covanent X Division title. While he climbs, Suicide and Homicide stop their brawling and try to take down Lethal. However, Red jumps off of the top rope and onto the cable and kicks down both Suicide and Homicide. Now Lethal trie sto unhook the title but Red fights him off of the title. Lethal and Red goes for multiple kicks but Red connects with a high kick to the head of Jay Lethal and unhooks the title, retaining the title at 18: 45.

After the match, Homicide brings out a wooden bat and hits Lethal, Suicide and Red with it. Homicide stands in the ring with the bat looking down at his victims. As he stands in the ring, the lights shut off momentarily and turn back on with a video being shown on titantron of all of viginettes that were shown during the weeks peeking up to this very moment. And then....JEFF HARDY!!! JEFF HARDY!!! Jeff Hardy returns from the crowd and attacks Homicide and finish him off with the Twist of Fate!

Afterwards, Tenay and Taz hype up Hulk Hogan's debut some more. We see a shot of Hulk Hogan's limo, complete with police protection on every side of him, making his way to the Impact Zone.

Backstage we see Christy Hemme with Kevin Nash. Nash talks about how Hogan is finally coming. He says he's happy because TNA is going to get bigger and he's going to make more money. He says he just got off the phone with Hulk Hogan and he'll be here very soon -- and he's not alone.

Knockout’s Championship
Tara © vs. ODB
Good back and forth match. Finish came with a reverse roll-up from Tara. Tara gets the 1-2-3 for the pinfall and the victory. Tara retains her TNA Knockouts championship.

*Commercial Break*

VKM
03-06-2011, 05:03 PM
The show opens back up with Taz and Mike Tenay. Taz informs us that a major annoucement has been made earlier today. Hulk Hogan has annouced that the Global Championship has been changed into the Television Championship and as of today is vacant. A tournament for the newly championship will be held tonight until Genesis. The winner of the semi-finals will go on at Genesis to face a secret opponent.

TV Championship Tournament Match 1:
Samoa Joe vs. Eric Young
Before the match, Eric Young comes out and says that he is pissed that the title has been stripped from him and has now been made into the TV title. He says that the Global Championship was sacred and it meant something to all minorities here in the USA. He says that when he wins the TV title, he wills send a message that Minorities rule American Television.
Somoa Joe completely tares Eric Young apart. Eric Young tries to work on Joe through submission manuevers but Joe powers out of every single one of them. Young goes up to teh top rope but Joe attacks him before he can even fly off. Joe then connects with the muscle buster and the 1, 2, 3 pin! Joe advances in the semi-finals.

Bobby Lashley and his wife Kristal come to the ring. Kristal gets on the mic. She says Bobby has a message for Hulk Hogan. She talks about Bobby being an MMA fighter. She says pro wrestling is a bunch of inbred, toothless people. She continues to trash the wrestling business. She says that's why tonight Bobby asks for his immediate release from his TNA contract. She says they have better things to do. That's it. They walk out of the ring and head to the back.

Now titantron is live with a limo being shown pulling up to the curb of the Impact Zone! But then...Right behind that limo comes another limo! Who could it be!?

*Commercial Break*

VKM
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Impact opens back up from the commercial break and look who is coming out to the ring! Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff! The fans are going carzy! Hogan says that in his wrestling career, he has done everything that he could possibly do. He says now that chapter of his life is over with. He says that he now has more to offer than just wrestling. He says now he can bring up a wrestling company that deserves to be at the top. He says that as of now, TNA will shoot up beyond the roof and into the sky because they are going all the way. He says that "change" is finally here and it starts now...

Suddenly, Kevin Nash comes down to the ring. He shakes hands with Bischoff and Hogan. Kevin says that he is glad to see Hogan. He says that a "change" is definiately here in TNA. He says that he knows some guys who are dying to see Hogan. As he says this, Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, who were in the audience, jump the guard-rail and security try to stop them. Hogan tells security to let them in the ring to speak their piece. Hall says that he heard from Nash that Hogan and Bischoff were back. He says now that they are back, it's time to make money again. Hogan says that he's not like that anymore. Nash says that when him and Hogan were talking, Hogan never said that he wasn't about the money. Nash says that Hall and Sean need some money in their pockets and want to get hired. Hogan says there is no point to hire them when all they'll do is take more than they'll give. Hogan says that he has a better idea though. Hogan says that Kevin Nash is now fired from TNA as of right now because he knows that Nash is all about money. He suggest that Nash and his company leave the ring. And they do so by heading to the back. Hogan says that everything in TNA that is bad will be no more.Bischoff then ask for the format sheet. He says he saw it earlier and nothing is wrong with it, but he rips it up anyways. They go to leave and we see that Sting has been in the rafters the whole time watching them.

Tag Team match:
British Invasion vs. Motor City Machine Guns
This was an awesome match. British Invasion picks up the win after Doug hits the Chaos Theory on Chris Sabin for the win.

Backstage, we see Jeff Jarrett walking around as if something is on his mind.

*Commercial Break*

VKM
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
We open back up to AJ Styles being interviwed by Jeremy Borash bacskatge. AJ says that he is excited to see to the change here in TNA. Jeremy asks AJ about his TNA World title match with Kurt Angle at the upcoming Genesis PPV. Eric Bischoff comes in and interrupts. He says he's heard a lot about AJ. He says he's got good news and bad news for him. He says the bad news is AJ won't be wrestling Kurt Angle at Genesis. AJ looks upset. Bischoff says the good news is AJ is defending the World title tonight in the main event against Kurt Angle.

Back to the ring, Jeff Jarrett comes out and looks a little upset. He says that when he and Dixie sealed the deal with Hogan, he was very happy. However, after seeing what Hogan did to Nash, he is wondering where is Hogan’s mindset right now. He says that him and Dixie didn't hire Hogan to just fire people unreasonably.

The titantron screen is shown with Hogan on it. We see Hogan backstage saying nobody cares about Jarrett or his speech. He says Jarrett did start TNA but in a short amount of time he ran the company into the ground. He says he's now Dixie Carter's partner. He says all the young guys are going to get a real shot now. He says as far as Jeff's past accolades - nobody cares. He says the only thing he got right is that with Hogan and Dixie Carter, TNA is going all the way to the top. Hogan says Jarrett has to get his boots and get in line with the rest of the crew. He says he has to prove himself. He says he fired Nash for all the right reasons. He says Jarrett should have done it a long time ago. He says that it is time for Jarrett to man up.

TV Championship Tournament Match 2:
The Pope vs. Abyss
Abyss beats down The Pope in the corner by trading monsterous blows. Abyss runs back to the rope and comes back to collide with The Pope with a splash but misses! The Pope signifies that is his turn to gain momentum. The Pope runs at the cornered ring-posted Abyss with the the DDE and the 1...2...3!!! The Pope has moved to the semi-finals.

Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Kurt Angle. Angle talks about winning his World title back tonight in the main event against AJ Styles, a match that Bischoff made earlier tonight.

*Commercial Break*

VKM
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
TNA World Heavyweight Championship
AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle
This match was the greatest match put on TNA showing. Both competitors hit their finishers on each other more than twice and neither would give up. AJ Styles goes for a pinning manuever but Kurt Angle counters with a pin of his own and AJ counters agian...But with the Styles Clash!!! AJ isn't done yet, as he connects with a springboard 450 splash!!! AJ goes for the pin and 1...2...3!!! AJ retains the title and celebrates after a great victory.

After the match, Daniels and Wolfe come out and beat on AJ and Kurt Angle. But AJ and Kurt both fight back and clear out the ring! Eric Bischoff comes out and annouces that at Genesis, it will be a fatal four way match for the TNA world title. AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe vs. Daniels.

*End of Show*

nrb6304
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Backstory
The Knockouts Tag Team titles are gone. For weeks, there has been vignettes of the debut or return of someone. Daniels is still rivalring with AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe is still rivalring with Kurt Angle. Please give feedback.

TNA January 4th 2010

The show kicks off from Orlando, Florida, the iMPACT! Zone. Mike Tenay and the color commentator, Taz welcome us to the first Impact of the year, an impact that will be the best Impact in TNA's episodic history. The stage and entrance ramp explodes with pyros and fireworks as the fans cheer on and anticipate the TNA debut of Hulk Hogan. This is a 3 Hour - Live iMPACT broadcasting

Now the first match of iMPACT begins

Ultimate X match for the X Division Championship
Amazing Red © vs. Suicide vs. Jay Lethal vs. Homicide
Amazing Red controls half of the match with his ariel offensive attacks from the top rope and even the top cables. However, Homicde powerbombs Red from off the cable, flat on the mat. This gives Jay Lethal a lead in the match as he hangs on the cable, working his way to the covanent X Division title. While he climbs, Suicide and Homicide stop their brawling and try to take down Lethal. However, Red jumps off of the top rope and onto the cable and kicks down both Suicide and Homicide. Now Lethal trie sto unhook the title but Red fights him off of the title. Lethal and Red goes for multiple kicks but Red connects with a high kick to the head of Jay Lethal and unhooks the title, retaining the title at 18: 45.

After the match, Homicide brings out a wooden bat and hits Lethal, Suicide and Red with it. Homicide stands in the ring with the bat looking down at his victims. As he stands in the ring, the lights shut off momentarily and turn back on with a video being shown on titantron of all of viginettes that were shown during the weeks peeking up to this very moment. And then....JEFF HARDY!!! JEFF HARDY!!! Jeff Hardy returns from the crowd and attacks Homicide and finish him off with the Twist of Fate!

Afterwards, Tenay and Taz hype up Hulk Hogan's debut some more. We see a shot of Hulk Hogan's limo, complete with police protection on every side of him, making his way to the Impact Zone.

Backstage we see Christy Hemme with Kevin Nash. Nash talks about how Hogan is finally coming. He says he's happy because TNA is going to get bigger and he's going to make more money. He says he just got off the phone with Hulk Hogan and he'll be here very soon -- and he's not alone.

Knockout’s Championship
Tara © vs. ODB
Good back and forth match. Finish came with a reverse roll-up from Tara. Tara gets the 1-2-3 for the pinfall and the victory. Tara retains her TNA Knockouts championship.

*Commercial Break*

Everything in your iMPACT is extremely solid, BUT what I don't like/understand is the Ultimate-X match. Yes I understand that its a BIG episode of iMPACT and that your trying to attract new veiwers BUT, you're gonna get viewers with the debut of Hogan ANYWAYS, so why BLOW the biggest most orginal match up you have right out the front? EVEN MORE SO when all that match up is doing is building towards Jeff Hardy's re debut in TNA?

Ultimate-X should be a match people have to PAY to see, a 20 minute Ultimate-X match should be co main event of a PPV, not the opening match.

JUST MY THOUGHTS.

Everything else was awesome though

VKM
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Everything in your iMPACT is extremely solid, BUT what I don't like/understand is the Ultimate-X match. Yes I understand that its a BIG episode of iMPACT and that your trying to attract new veiwers BUT, you're gonna get viewers with the debut of Hogan ANYWAYS, so why BLOW the biggest most orginal match up you have right out the front? EVEN MORE SO when all that match up is doing is building towards Jeff Hardy's re debut in TNA?

Ultimate-X should be a match people have to PAY to see, a 20 minute Ultimate-X match should be co main event of a PPV, not the opening match.

JUST MY THOUGHTS.

Everything else was awesome though

Yeah i see what you mean

WWTNA Mark
03-06-2011, 10:02 PM
This is good! My only problem is that I feel like the Tournament could've been placed next week or so. I mean this episode was to show that TNA is serious about being a legit great company so why not show that with alot of regular to bring the casual or new fans to your show? I think the Tournament was too much for the show, thats all. Great though!

VKM
03-06-2011, 10:29 PM
This is good! My only problem is that I feel like the Tournament could've been placed next week or so. I mean this episode was to show that TNA is serious about being a legit great company so why not show that with alot of regular to bring the casual or new fans to your show? I think the Tournament was too much for the show, thats all. Great though!

Well the tournament isn't over yet. I would plan more semi final matches next week.

WWTNA Mark
03-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Well the tournament isn't over yet. I would plan more semi final matches next week.

No, I mean the tournament in general. I think the tournament could've been held next week or so. I mean January 4th was the night that is suppose to bring in new & casual fans to see what TNA is about. I think showing casing your talent rather then have them compete in a tournament for the TV title would've been better IMO.

VKM
03-12-2011, 10:46 AM
This is how TNA Genesis PPV would look.

AJ Styles © vs. Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe vs. Christopher Daniels

TNA TV Championship
Samoa Joe vs. ?

X Division Championship
Amazing Red © vs. Homicide

TNA World Tag Team Championships
British Invasion © vs. Hernandez & Matt Morgan

Knockouts Championship
Tara © vs. ODB

Singles Match
The Pope vs. Abyss

Tag Team Match
Beer Money Inc. vs. Kings of Wrestling
(If Nash and Hall win, they get TNA contracts)

WWTNA Mark
03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
This is how TNA Genesis PPV would look.

AJ Styles © vs. Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe vs. Christopher Daniels

TNA TV Championship
Samoa Joe vs. ?

X Division Championship
Amazing Red © vs. Homicide

TNA World Tag Team Championships
British Invasion © vs. Hernandez & Matt Morgan

Knockouts Championship
Tara © vs. ODB

Singles Match
The Pope vs. Abyss

Tag Team Match
Beer Money Inc. vs. Kings of Wrestling
(If Nash and Hall win, they get TNA contracts)

Thats how the Genesis card should've looked like! lol

VKM
03-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Thats how the Genesis card should've looked like! lol

I would have Joe's mystery opponent being....

MR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANDERSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
ANDERSONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!
AND I'M AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!