PDA

View Full Version : Batista vs. Shamrock?

Rich Cranium
03-05-2011, 10:58 AM
There are rumors going around about a possible Batista vs Ken Shamrock fight. Merely rumors at this point! I agree with what JR said, it would be a train wreck. I'd rather see a Lashley/Batista fight and shouldn't Ken be retiring and training others instead of getting his assed kicked? There was a time that I thought of him as the man in MMA but that was in the olds days of the UFC! Thoughts?

Tommy Thunder
03-05-2011, 11:40 AM
When I think of Ken Shamrock I think of an MMA master, and a man that would destroy most people inside the octagon. As you say, that was a long time ago, and I'm shocked that Shamrock is still in the game to be honest. He should be taking a step out of MMA and helping with training guys up, rather than humiliating himself by getting beat up. You could compare him to Hogan and Flair. Both those guys are reluctant to stop wrestling, when both would be better suited in backstage roles, or non-wrestling roles.
Batista vs Shamrock can't be something good. Like you say, Lashley vs Batista is a more appealing fight, even if it is only because both are former wrestlers.

thedag
03-05-2011, 11:45 AM
is Shamrock even a heavy weight?

Bodom
03-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Always been a big Shamrock fan, but the guy is years past his prime and Batista is well.........Batista.

JR called it right, this would be a trainwreck.

I'd still watch it for the lulz though.

PrimusSucks
03-05-2011, 02:35 PM
It you have no knowledge of MMA and only knowledge of WWE then this sounds pretty good, but anyone who has followed MMA for more than a year (or even less like me) knows this can't be good. Batista can't have more than a years worth of training and Shamrock is no longer the fighter he was in the 90's.

Robstar
03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Throw in Lashley and Kimbo and we'll make it a fatal four way. Like a plane crash into a train wreck at a level crossing with 2 semi-trailers filled with shit. haha, but really yes

Iron Ape
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Throw in Lashley and Kimbo and we'll make it a fatal four way. Like a plane crash into a train wreck at a level crossing with 2 semi-trailers filled with shit. haha, but really yes
Hahaha. Now we're cooking.

I still don't know how Shamrock continues to get medically cleared to fight. Then again, I'm not sure how he's still able to find his own house. If his brain ever gets donated to science, one of the technicians are going to think someone brought salsa to work and they're going to reach for the Tostitos.

Rich Cranium
03-06-2011, 12:23 AM
Hahaha. Now we're cooking.

I still don't know how Shamrock continues to get medically cleared to fight. Then again, I'm not sure how he's still able to find his own house. If his brain ever gets donated to science, one of the technicians are going to think someone brought salsa to work and they're going to reach for the Tostitos.

You make an excellent point! Why would they allow him to fight? Shamrock is going to end up with punch drunk syndrome if he keeps this up!

THEKEVINBRAND
03-06-2011, 12:51 AM
hey! ken shamrock can still go i'm watching him fight as we speak! oh wait never mind i just found out this is from 1996 :P

Iron Ape
03-06-2011, 12:55 AM
You make an excellent point! Why would they allow him to fight? Shamrock is going to end up with punch drunk syndrome if he keeps this up!
I don't understand how he doesn't have Punch Drunk Syndrome already. He's been getting the shit knocked out of him for over a decade now.

Kashdinero
03-06-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't understand how he doesn't have Punch Drunk Syndrome already. He's been getting the shit knocked out of him for over a decade now.

Wow, has it been that long?

~thinks back to a time when shamrock was great, it takes a while~

Shit, your right!

Hey, I wonder if he saved his money?

perfectbluefan
03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Shamrock is washed up but I'd still go for him. Batista got his ass kicked by Booker, a guy with no real MMA, training once, so God knows what Shamrock can too, old or not.

blackout version 1
03-20-2011, 09:45 PM
I dont mean to sound like im looking for trouble but i dont exactly get why mma is covered on this site !

HCollins-TNA1
03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Poor Batastia will be tapping......
But i'm surprised Ken still fighting!!!! Notice he trying to get a fight with him and Tank Abbott as well as facing Antony Rea!!!!

HCollins-TNA1
03-20-2011, 10:04 PM
I dont mean to sound like im looking for trouble but i dont exactly get why mma is covered on this site !

The wrestling background and submission part.....

Rich Cranium
03-20-2011, 10:06 PM

Because there are MMA fans here as well as other sports.

HCollins-TNA1
03-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Because there are MMA fans here as well as other sports.

Also many MMA stars have wrestling backgrounds being amateurs, or collegiate!!!

Rich Cranium
03-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Also many MMA stars have wrestling backgrounds being amateurs, or collegiate!!!

Also the fact that their are former professional wrestlers in MMA like Batista, Lesnar, Lashley, Shamrock, Severn and ex MMA guys in wrestling like ADR!

thedag
03-21-2011, 01:06 AM
two guys in there 40s fighting? what the fuck is this TNA?

RevolutionIcon
03-21-2011, 05:04 AM

It doesn't matter what you get!

RevolutionIcon
03-21-2011, 05:12 AM

Yeah, one has asthma, and one punch to the artery that you can see through the skin of his chest will cause him to need you to turn off the lights whenever he is in the building.

The other guy could have been the Kurt Angle of MMA if he would have won some more fights, had less injuries, the steroid shit didn't help either. It's such a shame. I hope he kicks Batista's ass, is this actually scheduled?

thedominator92
03-21-2011, 08:51 AM

You have to be in your 50's to make it to TNA....

Shamrock should have retired a long time ago...maybe 8 years ago

Hopefully the roids are out of Bastisa's system by now

Bodom
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Lashley is 34 years old! Wikipedia is your friend.

I thought this thread was about Batista vs Shamrock? Who said anything about Lashley?

Rich Cranium
03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I thought this thread was about Batista vs Shamrock? Who said anything about Lashley?

Oops, I was reading an article about Lashley stating he is willing to fight Batista so I threw myself off! Good catch boss!

Trips88
03-29-2011, 11:09 PM
There are rumors going around about a possible Batista vs Ken Shamrock fight. Merely rumors at this point! I agree with what JR said, it would be a train wreck. I'd rather see a Lashley/Batista fight and shouldn't Ken be retiring and training others instead of getting his assed kicked? There was a time that I thought of him as the man in MMA but that was in the olds days of the UFC! Thoughts?

I don't want to see Ken fight anymore. It would just tarnish his rep.