PDA

View Full Version : TNA Tourette Nonsence Action

mrfunk
03-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Is it me or have half of the TNA Roster developed Tourette Syndrome? Week after week after week someone is either saying Bitch.. F*ck...Bastard...Sh1t... etc etc.. Matt Morgan with Motherfuc*er this week.

Hell i dont mind swearing and cussing, and starring out my words above cus i dont know if your aloud to use them on the forums without a warning, BUT what do they achieve in professional wrestling?? for the love of god they just get bleeped out all the time anyway, so its pointless... i know TNA is for the more mature adult audience but familys with kids may not allow them to watch their show cus of it. Not that i give a damn about kids cus i dont.. but just seems silly to keep having this language on a wrestling show where we live in a PC world and people over here in the United Kingdom kick up a fuss and write letters of complaints to the TV stations or newspapers if they hear offensive words... fags i know... :p

Point being..whats the?

WWTNA Mark
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Is it me or have half of the TNA Roster developed Tourette Syndrome? Week after week after week someone is either saying Bitch.. F*ck...Bastard...Sh1t... etc etc.. Matt Morgan with Motherfuc*er this week.

Hell i dont mind swearing and cussing, and starring out my words above cus i dont know if your aloud to use them on the forums without a warning, BUT what do they achieve in professional wrestling?? for the love of god they just get bleeped out all the time anyway, so its pointless... i know TNA is for the more mature adult audience but familys with kids may not allow them to watch their show cus of it. Not that i give a damn about kids cus i dont.. but just seems silly to keep having this language on a wrestling show where we live in a PC world and people over here in the United Kingdom kick up a fuss and write letters of complaints to the TV stations or newspapers if they hear offensive words... fags i know... :p

Point being..whats the?

TNA is trying to push the envelope in every aspect they can but its just tasteless and over the top. If they keep thinking that blood, swearing, and other things like that are going to help them grow as a company and cover up there flaws, they are going to be where there at for a long time.

el gabo
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
TNA is trying to push the envelope in every aspect they can but its just tasteless and over the top. If they keep thinking that blood, swearing, and other things like that are going to help them grow as a company and cover up there flaws, they are going to be where there at for a long time.

Now they have shifted from trying to be WCW to imitating ECW.

Next week we will probably see Jeff Hardy crucify Anderson.

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Now they have shifted from trying to be WCW to imitating ECW.

Next week we will probably see Jeff Hardy crucify Anderson.

If TNA were that desperate for ratings.

Bodom
03-02-2011, 08:52 PM
If I had Tourette Syndrome, I'd be insulted that my disorder was being used to describe TNA.

VKM
03-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I wish I could just buy TNA and control it. TNA would be a awesome if I had the control

The Brown One
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Swearing=ratings. Not.

Rich Cranium
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Matt Morgan used to have a stuttering gimmick in his WWE days, so he could easily transfer that to Tourettes and yell out obscenities.

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 11:56 PM
If I had Tourette Syndrome, I'd be insulted that my disorder was being used to describe TNA.

Swearing=ratings. Not.

Basically this.

SevenCagedTigers
03-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Matt Morgan used to have a stuttering gimmick in his WWE days, so he could easily transfer that to Tourettes and yell out obscenities.

I've always said that TNA has one major problem, and its that it has a responsibility to cater to two completely different demographics.

TNA: IMPACT! airs on Spike TV, the first network for men which caters to the 18-34 male demographic. So they need to use cheap tricks like violence, sexual themes and profanity to cater to an adult crowd.

However, IMPACT! is taped in WALT DISNEY WORLD in Orlando Florida, which means that THERE ARE A LOT OF CHILDREN IN THE AUDIENCE. These two things seem to be at constant odds with one another. It is offensive to have TNA use profanity and over the top blood and violence in front of children in that way, simply for the greater good of catering to a national audience. Do children really need to see Crimson virtually murder Abyss with a bat full of nails?

I've always said TNA needs to do one of two things. 1) Film IMPACT! at another venue where they can get a more adult audience. Or 2) Switch Networks, become PG, and begin filming IMPACT! as a wrestling-centric program on the Dysney channel.

I know everyone is gonna say that last idea is absurd, but really. Consider how conflicting it is to have Spike TV and Disney World associated with one another. You can not adequately satisfy the needs of both parties.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-03-2011, 01:04 AM
I've always said that TNA has one major problem, and its that it has a responsibility to cater to two completely different demographics.

TNA: IMPACT! airs on Spike TV, the first network for men which caters to the 18-34 male demographic. So they need to use cheap tricks like violence, sexual themes and profanity to cater to an adult crowd.

However, IMPACT! is taped in WALT DISNEY WORLD in Orlando Florida, which means that THERE ARE A LOT OF CHILDREN IN THE AUDIENCE. These two things seem to be at constant odds with one another. It is offensive to have TNA use profanity and over the top blood and violence in front of children in that way, simply for the greater good of catering to a national audience. Do children really need to see Crimson virtually murder Abyss with a bat full of nails?

I've always said TNA needs to do one of two things. 1) Film IMPACT! at another venue where they can get a more adult audience. Or 2) Switch Networks, become PG, and begin filming IMPACT! as a wrestling-centric program on the Dysney channel.

I know everyone is gonna say that last idea is absurd, but really. Consider how conflicting it is to have Spike TV and Disney World associated with one another. You can not adequately satisfy the needs of both parties.

I may not live there but I know for a fact that Disney World and Universal Studios are different theme parks

Lowki
03-03-2011, 05:32 AM
I've never been either but i'm sure Kevinbrand is 100% correct...Universal is more of a Teen/adult theme park and because of the content and their TV rating, i'm sure it would be a 14+ entry restriction (Park security work the doors after all). I tend to notice more adults in the crowds than children anyways.

Point being..whats the?

Depends what time the show is on though. Pre-watershed you would get a fuss, but certainly not after 10pm because by law any complaints about swearing after 10pm can be ignored aslong as there is a warning.
Yeah i noticed a lot of swearing too.

Markstyle2010
03-03-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't say the swearing is good, but keep in mind these guys are actors first and foremost. If we don't believe them or buy into their character, they might as well clean out their locker and go home. Nobody is going to believe in Stone Cold givin a good old Butt Whoopin, or saying Heck Yeah. If they want to get these new guys across, someone needs attitude and fire, you're not going to get that across as easily without swearing time to time

IPOOPINTHEBATH
03-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Jesus Christ, when did wrestling fans become such pussies?

merhardt03
03-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Jesus Christ, when did wrestling fans become such pussies?

No shit! I like hearin the occasional F-Bomb, Bitch, etc. It gives itedge. Also if WWE did this.... My God would the IWC be lovin it that its more TV-14 again. But b/c the IWC is so anti-TNA, then its a problem. How lame & predictable. It gets so old. I am a proud fan of TNA. I love the WWE & Ive watched it for nearly 20 years, but I have no issues with TNA either. If its so bad , then don't watch it!