PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy: TNA made him world Champ

The Grand Wizard
03-02-2011, 11:01 AM
I do not understand why people insist that WWE made all the talent in TNA that have switched.
Yes I agree there are and have been tons of over there prime guys (Kip James) but Jeff Hardy was never taken serious before he left WWE as a singles wrestler. He went to TNA and became World Champ and then he went back to WWE and became world champ. He would never have been taken serious if he never left. Before you guys start with the drug comments just read and think for yourselves. I'm not a fan of Hardy but I still think he would never have gotten the push if he never went to TNA. Think of Christian Cage did not the same thing happen to him? Sorry he has not won a WWE world Championsip title yet, but we all hope one day he can carry the torch.

johnadah
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I do not understand why people insist that WWE made all the talent in TNA that have switched.
Yes I agree there are and have been tons of over there prime guys (Kip James) but Jeff Hardy was never taken serious before he left WWE as a singles wrestler. He went to TNA and became World Champ and then he went back to WWE and became world champ. He would never have been taken serious if he never left. Before you guys start with the drug comments just read and think for yourselves. I'm not a fan of Hardy but I still think he would never have gotten the push if he never went to TNA. Think of Christian Cage did not the same thing happen to him? Sorry he has not won a WWE world Championsip title yet, but we all hope one day he can carry the torch.

Jeff Hardy did not win the World Championship during his first run in TNA. That's why during his most recent return, he got on the mic and said that he wanted to "complete" his collection of World Championships. He was a 1-Time WWE Champ and 2-Time World Heavyweight Champion before ever winning the TNA Championship. And the length of time that it took him to win the WWE Title had nothing to do with whether or not they thought he was a good enough singles wrestler. It was the fact that they didn't know if they could trust him to stay off drugs long enough. Hardy and other WWE talent and officials speak openly about that fact on WWE's Jeff Hardy DVD.

KJ PUNK
03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Actually Jeff Hardy never even won a title in his first TNA run. He competed for it a few times, but never won it. How about you do some research and think for YOURSELF.

PrimusSucks
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I remember never taking Jeff Hardy seriously until his title shots in TNA, but he never did win the gold there.

Lamar8902
03-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Look Jeff Hardy never won a world tittle in TNA because they (TNA management and JJ) didn't think Hardy would be a good world champion that's why Hardy left to WWE and then WWE gave Hardy the championship because he was a fan favorite everyone became a fan even the ones who bash him here at the time he was the biggest wrestler in WWE even bigger than Cena then he left and became champ in TNA cause of his fan base

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Look Jeff Hardy never won a world tittle in TNA because they (TNA management and JJ) didn't think Hardy would be a good world champion that's why Hardy left to WWE and then WWE gave Hardy the championship because he was a fan favorite everyone became a fan even the ones who bash him here at the time he was the biggest wrestler in WWE even bigger than Cena then he left and became champ in TNA cause of his fan base

Never a fan and HE NEEDS TO GET OFF THOSE DRUGS! HE ISN'T TRAVELING THAT MUCH!

Maybe if he would get off the stuff, he wouldn't wrestle like a zombie.

Absolutely PERFECT!
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Never thought he should have gone further than his brother.

cainecollin
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I too never cared for him as a singles competitor.

KJ PUNK
03-02-2011, 02:17 PM
The only time Jeff was relevant to me was as the Hardy Boyz. He always seemed too sloppy to me as singles competitor to be taken seriously.

Rassling_Fan
03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Hardy may have gotten shots in TNA before WWE, but he never won them (most likely because they were associated with the NWA Title at the time). WWE made him Heavyweight Champion to use his popularity to help sales and ratings. Sadly, they didn't trust him with a long run so his reigns were short. He came back to TNA and tried to use his popularity by making him their champion, but it hasn't worked the same way for them.

CodenameRKO
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Jeff Hardy minus Drugs = Kofi Kingston

Both High-flyers, and for alot of the time stuck in the IC Title divison, both have large fan-bases. But the exception being is Hardy is a junkie and Kingston isn't, Hardy doesn't deserve the World Title anymore, there are more deserving wrestlers out there.

wallyman
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
i think tna showed that jeff hardy can work as a singles competitor...and this might of given wwe and jeff hardy the credit he needed to b singles competitor...but i am not a fan of his...

SevenCagedTigers
03-02-2011, 04:14 PM

WWE has made plenty of small guys champion. Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, and Shawn Michaels were all smaller guys who the WWE made champions. Jeff Hardy didn't need to go to TNA to be appreciated, the WWE will make anyone champion so long as they draw. Jeff Hardy attracted people, but the WWE tries to maintain a responsible image and having a drug-user as a champion is not a good way to represent a publicly traded company. Just look at what happened to RVD. On top of the world with the ECW and WWE titles and one embarrasing arrest later due to possession of marijuana and hes stripped of all his titles. Thats whats called creating responsible role models. Everyone agrees that TNA making Jeff champion when he has pending legal issues is completely idiotic, because it paints the company as being one that endorses drug abuse.

Point is, if you think its ok for Jeff Hardy, a known drug user to represent a company, then you obviously don't have kids. I wouldn't want my kids looking up to that crap. YOU think for yourself.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-02-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PR_rzF8ofw

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpi9svxwIPk

I'll put this here.

The WORST match out of the whole Wrestle Kingdom V card.

WWTNA Mark
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM

I'll put this here.

That was a pretty descent match for Jeff Hardy in my opinion.

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
That was a pretty descent match for Jeff Hardy in my opinion.

It was really a bad match. I saw the whole 3 hours of Wrestle Kingdom. Great matches but this one was bad IMO.

RVD put up a better match against Toru Yano than the Naito/Hardy match. Basically Jeff wrestled like always in TNA, a zombie.

WWTNA Mark
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
It was really a bad match. I saw the whole 3 hours of Wrestle Kingdom. Great matches but this one was bad IMO.

RVD put up a better match against Toru Yano than the Naito/Hardy match. Basically Jeff wrestled like always in TNA, a zombie.

I think the reason that the match didn't look all that bad to me is because Tetsuya Naito carried him in that match. I almost think that Naito was kinda getting frustrated with Jeff's performance in the match to me. That match with RVD and Toru Yano was good btw.

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
I think the reason that the match didn't look all that bad to me is because Tetsuya Naito carried him in that match. I almost think that Naito was kinda getting frustrated with Jeff's performance in the match to me. That match with RVD and Toru Yano was good btw.

Yeah if Naito wasn't carrying Jeff or slowing down his performance for Jeff, the match could have been better.

Hesterica
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM

I'll put this here.

He messed up that running exchange at 2:05...was pretty hard to watch...

SilverGhost
03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
He messed up that running exchange at 2:05...was pretty hard to watch...

The match itself is hard to watch with Zombie Hardy.

The Grand Wizard
03-03-2011, 01:19 AM
WWE has made plenty of small guys champion. Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, and Shawn Michaels were all smaller guys who the WWE made champions. Jeff Hardy didn't need to go to TNA to be appreciated, the WWE will make anyone champion so long as they draw. Jeff Hardy attracted people, but the WWE tries to maintain a responsible image and having a drug-user as a champion is not a good way to represent a publicly traded company. Just look at what happened to RVD. On top of the world with the ECW and WWE titles and one embarrasing arrest later due to possession of marijuana and hes stripped of all his titles. Thats whats called creating responsible role models. Everyone agrees that TNA making Jeff champion when he has pending legal issues is completely idiotic, because it paints the company as being one that endorses drug abuse.

Point is, if you think its ok for Jeff Hardy, a known drug user to represent a company, then you obviously don't have kids. I wouldn't want my kids looking up to that crap. YOU think for yourself.

I do have kids bro. Funny you say champs should never take drugs? What about the Hit Man in his bio he states he took cocaine. I bet even Cena takes pills to help with the pain.

THEKEVINBRAND
03-03-2011, 01:22 AM
i doubt we can name a single person in WWE or TNA (other than CM Punk) that have stayed clean their whole wrestling career

Spear-O-Matic
03-03-2011, 10:15 AM
i doubt we can name a single person in WWE or TNA (other than CM Punk) that have stayed clean their whole wrestling career

Completely clean? Probably not. But drugged into oblivion like the Hardy's? Unlikely. I'd dare to say many of WWE's stars take prescription drugs when they're injured, but Hardy has a thing for taking those, and other drugs, whenever he wants. And as for Hart doing drugs in the late 80s and throughout the 90s, remember that that was a different time and a different era. That was before the PG Era, before the drug testing era. It was the era of chairshots to the head, blading, and TV14... *insert TNA being stuck in the Attitude Era joke here*

johnadah
03-03-2011, 10:41 AM

My dyslexia works in very strange ways. I usually don't see entire sections of words, rather than scrambling them up. So I was about to write CM Punk and then realized you actually said it in parentheses. Anyway, Ken Anderson claims to be drug free also, other than taking what was necessary after surgeries. Then again, Billy Gunn claimed to be a clean athlete for a long time and he eventually admitted to abusing drugs for most of his career. Also, as far as I know, Shelton Benjamin has remained drug free, largely due to the environment he grew up in.

Rich Cranium
03-03-2011, 10:46 AM
My dyslexia works in very strange ways. I usually don't see entire sections of words, rather than scrambling them up. So I was about to write CM Punk and then realized you actually said it in parentheses. Anyway, Ken Anderson claims to be drug free also, other than taking what was necessary after surgeries. Then again, Billy Gunn claimed to be a clean athlete for a long time and he eventually admitted to abusing drugs for most of his career. Also, as far as I know, Shelton Benjamin has remained drug free, largely due to the environment he grew up in.

Does being drug free include prescription meds? Then, if so, one could argue against Punk being legitimately straight edge.

PrimusSucks
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Does being drug free include prescription meds? Then, if so, one could argue against Punk being legitimately straight edge.

I don't believe it does, because I remember when whatever happened with Punk's eye during the Jeff Hardy rivalry where he said he only uses medication when it is prescribed.

johnadah
03-03-2011, 11:19 AM

It really depends on the individual. The principles of Straight Edge are based on respecting and honoring your own body. I've got plenty of friends that are Straight Edge and some of them will take prescriptions for and injury and some won't. The ones that don't take them say that they believe it's wrong to put any form of drug in your body under any circumstances. The ones that do take prescriptions say that they believe they would be dishonoring their bodies if they allowed themselves to suffer pain rather than using the medication to prevent it. The whole point for them is not to use drugs recreationally.

merhardt03
03-03-2011, 11:51 PM

I never thought of it that way. You bring up a very good point.

Markstyle2010
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I think Jeff's a good performer, but he hasn't found the niche to be great yet. In tag teams the Hardys were one of the most talented teams together, but apart they never had the charisma and personality to make it on their own name. I think personally that Hardy's biggest setbacks are the known drug usage, missing scheduled appearances and shows, and now his antichrist persona. The gimmick's not the worst but keep in mind that TNA needs sponsors to keep going. How many sponsors are going to take your company seriously when you come to the table with a proposal, asking for money to support your wrestling company whose top guy isn't a huge hero, he's the self-proclaimed antichrist of pro wrestling. That's not an easy idea to pitch to some sponsors

Iron Ape
03-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I do have kids bro. Funny you say champs should never take drugs? What about the Hit Man in his bio he states he took cocaine. I bet even Cena takes pills to help with the pain.
Was Bret's cocaine use made available for public consumption when he was champ? No, so it's kind of irrelevant.

PrimusSucks
03-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Was Bret's cocaine use made available for public consumption when he was champ? No, so it's kind of irrelevant.

This, plus that was a different era, where drug use wasn't as frowned upon.

Rich Cranium
03-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Also, back in the day when there wasn't a wellness policy, there was also a time when roids were not illegal.

WWTNA Mark
03-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Also, back in the day when there wasn't a wellness policy, there was also a time when roids were not illegal.

Yeah. Remember the Vince Mcmahon trial? I heard that if he was found guilty of making his wrestlers take steriods then he would've went to jail for 20 years. Luckily Vince won the trial.

Iron Ape
03-04-2011, 12:34 AM
It's also before a prominent member of the company killed his wife and kid before killing himself, with some alleging that drugs were the cause. So, really, whatever nose candy Bret Hart was tricking and treating on, way back when, has a whole lot of nothing to do with this discussion.

Rich Cranium
03-04-2011, 12:47 AM
It's also before a prominent member of the company killed his wife and kid before killing himself, with some alleging that drugs were the cause. So, really, whatever nose candy Bret Hart was tricking and treating on, way back when, has a whole lot of nothing to do with this discussion.

I don't recall mentioning Bret Hart.

Iron Ape
03-04-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't recall mentioning Bret Hart.
No, I wasn't directing that at you. It was just in reference to the person who brought Bret's cocaine use up, which is where the last couple of comments stemmed from.

merhardt03
03-04-2011, 01:09 AM
Bret Hart was mentioned awhile back from a member for admitting to be a coke snorter.

Cynicism
03-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I thought Jerry Lawler was meant to be clean on the whole drink and drug front, probably cause he cant afford those habits and ladies at the same time

Anyway there's a big difference in taking drugs and being taken to court for drug trafficking, there's the scale for a start and also the publicity. Part of me will always wonder if MVP didn't got further cause of his past, or if that's why R-Truth will always be in mid card obscurity. To be honest he belongs there for his poor attempts at rapping and his dire dancing skills. Criminal records don't make you look good as a public figure, and when Jeff parted with the E he was obviously on the way to one, looking back it was probably always on the cards for him

Markstyle2010
03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Here's the thing that's a trip. We can get Karen Angle/Jarrett, Kurt Angle, and Jeff Jarrett doing a segment about their love triangle and affair, so why not turn Hardy's drug problem and legal problems as an angle too? I hate the Jarrett and Angle segments but seems hypocritical of them. They want controvery? They want ratings? How about turning Jeff's situation into a part of the show and use it as a twist