PDA

View Full Version : Just another day in TNA

Reloval
02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Once again, what a letdown with their "big suprise". Truth be told, Sting is 51 years old, does it really matter where he goes or what he does anymore? Who really cares? The only reason I think people were so behind him, hoping that he was the 02/21/11 person was for the nostalgic effect they would get by seen him and the Undertaker one on one at Wrestlemania. The fact that TNA through the title on him in his first match back really shows they are desperate right now, and the 03/03/11 video shows me they are more worried about what the WWE is doing then creating there own product.

I want to like TNA, I really do, be they are a mess. I remeber the good days (a few years ago) Where I could watch WWE for entertainment and TNA for wrestling. Do they not realize besides the occational spikes, that there ratings really haven't increased since they started paying big bucks for old ECW, WCW and WWE stars? TNA, remember who go you through the first 5 years, those are the people that should be in the main event.

The Red Ryda
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Once again, what a letdown with their "big suprise". Truth be told, Sting is 51 years old, does it really matter where he goes or what he does anymore? Who really cares? The only reason I think people were so behind him, hoping that he was the 02/21/11 person was for the nostalgic effect they would get by seen him and the Undertaker one on one at Wrestlemania. The fact that TNA through the title on him in his first match back really shows they are desperate right now, and the 03/03/11 video shows me they are more worried about what the WWE is doing then creating there own product.

I want to like TNA, I really do, be they are a mess. I remeber the good days (a few years ago) Where I could watch WWE for entertainment and TNA for wrestling. Do they not realize besides the occational spikes, that there ratings really haven't increased since they started paying big bucks for old ECW, WCW and WWE stars? TNA, remember who go you through the first 5 years, those are the people that should be in the main event.

i totally agree with u 100%
i wanna like tna and do like tna but its no fun if they r just copying wwe! and doin a half ass poor job of it!

johnadah
02-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I have no problem with seeing Sting win a 14th World Heavyweight Championship, even at 51 years old. However, I'm a Sting mark. He's been my absolute favorite wrestler since I was 4 years old (I'll be 25 in 9 days), so I've spent a long time cheering him on. There's a lot of older guys that I don't want to see in the business anymore, like Hogan. But Sting is one of the guys that can still move and put on a show, and he understands ring psychology. Also, Sting has always been able to work well with the younger guys in TNA. AJ Styles has benefited significantly from Sting's teaching, as the phenomenal athlete became and equally phenomenal ring psychologist. TNA definitely needs to focus on bringing their young guys back to the for front. I just think Sting is one of the few older guys who can legitimately help bring out the best in them while still appearing on screen instead of just maintaining a behind-the-scenes roll. Much the same way that Triple H benefited Sheamus last year.

sly2414
02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah it does suck. I kinda feel bad for Anderson in all this too. He has the title for what a month? They took it off Hardy for the drug thing and put it on Anderson. I'm not saying anderson is the best or anything. He is over with the ppl though. But really he should have kept it. We all knew sting was going to resign with tna. I know the title means nothing anymore, but come on. Whats gonna happen next month. Put the title on Hogan. I wouldn't be surprised.

johnadah
02-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah it does suck. I kinda feel bad for Anderson in all this too. He has the title for what a month? They took it off Hardy for the drug thing and put it on Anderson. I'm not saying anderson is the best or anything. He is over with the ppl though. But really he should have kept it. We all knew sting was going to resign with tna. I know the title means nothing anymore, but come on. Whats gonna happen next month. Put the title on Hogan. I wouldn't be surprised.

I would throw up.

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I would throw up.

http://www.tomrichmond.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hulkhogan.jpg

Its gonna happen BROTHER!

Absolutely PERFECT!
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I am a total 'old timer' mark. I cream my shorts with every HOF announcement and promptly make my 20 year old girlfriend google the person or put in a dvd so she can learn. I am 34 soon. Geez that sux.
Point being I dont mind Sting. But there was zero build up. How would we feel if Nash poweboms Miz ala Bob Backlund? If you dont know......google it barbara. Do you guys see what I mean. Wish they could get a t.v. Slot for old timers. That would be awesome.

Reloval
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I am also starting to have a terrible feeling that there is going to be a Ric Flair vs Sting Feud for the title. Also in most other circumstances, Sting winning the title wouldn't be so bad. But not when its already changed had 4 times this year, not in your first night back, and not as part of an angle that just proves that TNA cannot worry about there product when they are more concerned about the WWE's.

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 11:18 AM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID19726/images/jeff_hardy_wrestler_north_carolina_celebrity_oops_ arrested_drugs.jpg

Another day in TNA...on drugs...

Ladygodiva
02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
They can't possibly make Hogan champ. Just about every TNA fan hates him and wants him gone :(

Bodom
02-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Which is exactly why they'll put the belt on him.

johnadah
02-28-2011, 11:26 AM
They can't possibly make Hogan champ. Just about every TNA fan hates him and wants him gone :(

That's precisely why they would do it, if they actually did. It would build an incredible amount of heat, and people would be dying to see anyone take the belt off of Hogan.

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 11:26 AM

Yes they can.

You are only talking about a PART of the TNA fan base. The rest is the Impact Barn Zone. Those guys will flip and throw money to see the TNA strap on Hogan.

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Which is exactly why they'll put the belt on him.

That's precisely why they would do it, if they actually did. It would build an incredible amount of heat, and people would be dying to see anyone take the belt off of Hogan.

Ninjas are awake today!

My idea is wrong ._.

CGBigMan
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I liked seeing Sting return but i didnt want to see be champion straight away
maybe in time
i can only think hes champ to make the next winner seem good

Ladygodiva
02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
I can catagorically state if he became champ I'd never tune in again.

Don't think I've ever met a Hogan fan here loool.. Must be different over there..

Bodom
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Hell, they put the belt on Foley. Hogan as champ isn't much of a stretch.

johnadah
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
I can catagorically state if he became champ I'd never tune in again.

Don't think I've ever met a Hogan fan here loool.. Must be different over there..

I'm pretty sure all of us were Hogan fans back when he was relevant to the business (those of us who are old enough or have been watching long enough). It's just past time for him to leave though.

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Hell, they put the belt on Foley. Hogan as champ isn't much of a stretch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ladygodiva
02-28-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure all of us were Hogan fans back when he was relevant to the business (those of us who are old enough or have been watching long enough). It's just past time for him to leave though.

Been watching 20 years :P Never liked him.

You know sometimes you just take an instant dislike to someone famous or whatever? That's me with Hogan.

thejman93
02-28-2011, 11:52 AM
If TNA wanted to put the title on Hogan after a feud with Sting they culd, in their own fucked up way, justify it. Sting and Hogan have a history, Sting took the belt off of the leader of Hogan's faction, Hulk wants revenge, Hulk becomes champ.

Damn, I just pulled a Russo.

The New Guy
02-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm not trying to be wallyman in this thread
But this is a little of an overrraction

The only reason why sting is champ is because tna needed to take the title away from Hardy, and they thought putting the belt on sting it will be like givindg the middle finger on WWE.

The only problom I see into this is that they just destroy Anderson credibility. Yeah guys Sting is old, but is a strech to comparing him to the blader (Flair) or the crippled (Hogan).

I prefer Sting as champion more than hardy. Plus I like more his make up :)

Bodom
02-28-2011, 12:02 PM
The only reason why sting is champ is because tna needed to take the title away from Hardy, and they thought putting the belt on sting it will be like givindg the middle finger on WWE.

Ever heard the phrase "cut of your nose to spite your face"?

Rings true here.

Absolutely PERFECT!
02-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Just about every TNA fan hates most of what they do and they don't seem to care about that. We never even got to see Anderson with the supposed NEW belt before he dropped it back to Raven....ummm I mean Jeff Hardy

shotque
02-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I have the ultimate solution for all of this and I think both WWE and TNA could benefit a lot from it.

For TNA create a specific LEGENDS title belt and only allow wrestlers like Sting, Hulk, Flair, Foley etc to contend for it.

For WWE create a HOF title belt and establish it as a division primarily for Hall of Famers.

Sure its a small division in TNA's case and possibly not many in the WWE HOF can still wrestle.....but they could limit the matches for the to SPECIFIC PPVS. That way the old guys can still get their limelight but not at the expense of younger talent....and we still get the nostalgia of seeing legends wrestle.

It really is that simple

Mikeyboy7777777
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
don't like it either but oh well it's TNA

johnadah
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
If TNA wanted to put the title on Hogan after a feud with Sting they culd, in their own fucked up way, justify it. Sting and Hogan have a history, Sting took the belt off of the leader of Hogan's faction, Hulk wants revenge, Hulk becomes champ.

Damn, I just pulled a Russo.

Sting and Hogan's history alone would be enough cause for that type of feud. Sting has 9 victories over Hogan without a single loss.

evilash
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
With all this comotion about TNA putting the belt on Sting - it's all really because he's been the talk of the wrestling world, recently.

Basically, TNA higher-ups have been thinking "Everyone is really excited about Sting appearing in WWE as part of the 2.21.11 vignettes. But they don't know that we are talking to him about returning. Well, since Sting is the main topic of wrestling fans today, let's have him come back, via a rip-off of WWE's 2.21.11 vignettes, and have him win the TNA title - that way, people won't be disappointed and actually have Sting be the man behind the messages, and not 'Taker. Plus, we get to stick it to WWE. Oh yes, bring on the ratings!"

Or something to that effect...

TNA are dumbasses, STOP COPYING WWE! COPYING WWE DOES NOT EQUAL RATINGS! NEITHER DOES PUTTING THE WORLD TITLE ON A VETERAN! WAAKKEEYY WAAAKKKEEYYYY!!!

Aye...feel better.:cool:

Mikeyboy7777777
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
like jericho said tna can do better

johnadah
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
With all this comotion about TNA putting the belt on Sting - it's all really because he's been the talk of the wrestling world, recently.

Basically, TNA higher-ups have been thinking "Everyone is really excited about Sting appearing in WWE as part of the 2.21.11 vignettes. But they don't know that we are talking to him about returning. Well, since Sting is the main topic of wrestling fans today, let's have him come back, via a rip-off of WWE's 2.21.11 vignettes, and have him win the TNA title - that way, people won't be disappointed and actually have Sting be the man behind the messages, and not 'Taker. Plus, we get to stick it to WWE. Oh yes, bring on the ratings!"

Or something to that effect...

TNA are dumbasses, STOP COPYING WWE! COPYING WWE DOES NOT EQUAL RATINGS! NEITHER DOES PUTTING THE WORLD TITLE ON A VETERAN! WAAKKEEYY WAAAKKKEEYYYY!!!

Aye...feel better.:cool:

The problem is that the internet buzz wasn't about Sting returning. It was about the possibility of Sting going to WWE and facing Undertaker. Honestly, no one really cares if Sting is back in TNA. I'm a Sting mark, so it's always good to see him on TV, but I'm happy if I just see an interview with him. I don't even care if he gets in the ring. The possibility of Sting vs. Undertaker, however, has always been looked at as something monumental.