PDA

View Full Version : Good Ideas And Why There Are So Few New Ones

Robstar
02-27-2011, 03:15 AM
It seems, not just in wrestling but the world over, when it comes to thinking and new ideas, it's recycle, rehash and repackage these days. They say everything's been done, said, written and thought of before. Maybe so. Here's my theory.

With so much access to information and the inevitable sensory overload that it brings, there's just no time or space for free thinking to occur, new ideas to spawn, new discoveries, new inventions - everything is affected in a domino (or butterfly;)) effect.

Time was when people had plenty of time to sit and reflect or read or write or discuss and debate. In these times, new ventures and ideas were being tried out all the time; new theories formed; new concepts dreamed up from the creative part of people's souls.

Unfortuantely, it doesn't work like that anymore. It seems the only new things are discovered off the back of something else, with minimal new thinking invested. We are too distracted by the pretty lights to be inspired to invention. But hey, maybe that's how they want us to be. Placid. Appeased. Lazy. Uninspired.

Thoughts?:confused:

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Mr friend from down under I think your forgetting your cell phone in your pocket is a mini computer. We have GPS in cars and it can even tell us which way to avoid the most traffic. Hell where I live we have sensors in the road to tell if there is ice on them or if traffic is slowing down for rush hour. Not to mention the US government has technology that is well over 50 years ahead of us right now. Just think of it like this, whatever you saw in star Trek we have already done it. We even live longer with all the medical breakthroughs we have had in the last 20 years, just ask Magic Johnson. New idea's are out there, it just takes someone with a brain and imagination to come up with them.

read this.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts biotechnology company says it can produce the fuel that runs Jaguars and jet engines using the same ingredients that make grass grow. Joule Unlimited has invented a genetically-engineered organism that it says simply secretes diesel fuel or ethanol wherever it finds sunlight, water and carbon dioxide.

Rich Cranium
02-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Also I would have to say 'motivation to get it done' is a key factor as I have thought of lots of things over the years but that's all they were, thoughts.

Robstar
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Mr friend from down under I think your forgetting your cell phone in your pocket is a mini computer. We have GPS in cars and it can even tell us which way to avoid the most traffic. Hell where I live we have sensors in the road to tell if there is ice on them or if traffic is slowing down for rush hour. Not to mention the US government has technology that is well over 50 years ahead of us right now. Just think of it like this, whatever you saw in star Trek we have already done it. We even live longer with all the medical breakthroughs we have had in the last 20 years, just ask Magic Johnson. New idea's are out there, it just takes someone with a brain and imagination to come up with them.

read this.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - A Massachusetts biotechnology company says it can produce the fuel that runs Jaguars and jet engines using the same ingredients that make grass grow. Joule Unlimited has invented a genetically-engineered organism that it says simply secretes diesel fuel or ethanol wherever it finds sunlight, water and carbon dioxide.

I'm not saying there aren't benefits IPITS but at what cost? At the expense of our humanity? What's the cost of a sterile soul?

Anyway, I'm outta here for a week! Have fun with these hand wringing issues! ;)

SaberToothTigerz
02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
ummm i believe what robstar meant was
there are probably alot of new leonardo da vinci geniuses around but they cant develop their own minds properly due to the busy and fast pace society rhytmn
however new discoveries are made.
just not made by one single person now all scientific or technologic breakthroughs are achived in groups

Rich Cranium
02-27-2011, 02:24 PM
ummm i believe what robstar meant was
there are probably alot of new leonardo da vinci geniuses around but they cant develop their own minds properly due to the busy and fast pace society rhytmn
however new discoveries are made.
just not made by one single person now all scientific or technologic breakthroughs are achived in groups

That's the most intelligent thing I have ever read from you! Bravo!

SaberToothTigerz
02-27-2011, 04:12 PM
That's the most intelligent thing I have ever read from you! Bravo!

oh wow what did i just said?

Robstar
08-22-2013, 07:02 PM
What a great thread