PDA

View Full Version : A Pay Per View Poll

Robstar
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Upon thinking about it the other day, I realised that although I am pretty fanatical about wrestling, I only feel the urge to order a couple of wrestling PPV's a year. On the other hand I order almost every UFC PPV they have. The reasons for this is simple - with wrestling I get to see it several times a week and PPV's have just become like extended episodes of Smackdown or Raw. I mean really, PG has most affected the PPV. Time was, you'd order them because you knew you'd be seeing some high spots; that little something extra that would set it apart from the weekly shows. Not so anymore.

It sounds a little un-loyal of me but I know I can catch the highlights and read up the results online. And being perfectly honest, I have felt let down by the PPV's I have ordered in recent times.

With UFC, there's no weekly installment, just a few hype shows for upcoming PPV's and then PPV's that deliver. Mostly. It can be hit and miss, you can get a card of boring matchups with fighters afraid to mix it up and trying to win on points. I tune in however because I know that chances are, I'm going to see at least one great fight. Last time I didn't order one it turned out I missed a classic.

I just don't view the wrestling product on offer as 'must see' or 'can't miss' anymore.

Thoughts?

thejman93
02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree with what you said but why not use a stream to watch wrestling PPV's? I was gonna post about this later but I think part of watered down WWE PPVs is that there are just too damn many of them.

Bodom
02-26-2011, 06:14 PM
This pretty much the exact reason why I almost never order PPV's.

HeelTurn
02-26-2011, 06:15 PM
The fact every PPV is gimmicky is what dissapoints me, time was you only had 1 Hell In A Cell a year, and that was only when there was a heated rivalry. Luckily in the UK we dont have to buy every PPV, but when we do I have to have a think about it based on the matches, that being said they only really seem to advertise 3 or 4 matches before the show.

Robstar
02-26-2011, 06:18 PM
I finally got the poll up. You can vote for multiple choices

The Brown One
02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I only order the best WWE PPVS- RR, and WM. Everything else isn't worth it, since it is really predictable.

thejman93
02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I'll probably order WM but I might just deal with a stream for free.

Robstar
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I won't do streams, not only doesn't my intrawebs service provider not supporting, I seriously just don't have that much interest in them, quite happy to read results as they are posted. Don't know about anyone else but when they're posting results to UFC & MMA cards I usually scroll straight to the results. Reading about ground and pound and failed chokeholds doesn't piqùe my interest

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I won't do streams, not only doesn't my intrawebs service provider not supporting, I seriously just don't have that much interest in them, quite happy to read results as they are posted. Don't know about anyone else but when they're posting results to UFC & MMA cards I usually scroll straight to the results. Reading about ground and pound and failed chokeholds doesn't piqùe my interest

Good Sunday morning mate. I hope you had your bowl of fruity pebbles. (on a side note if you cant get them I will be happy to ship you a box, for realz, I never shipped anything to Australia but I'm willing to learn, not sure if they allow food to be shipped or not. Hell I'm not sure you guys have fed ex or UPS, let me know if you want me to do this, after all they are deliciously fun and wholesome part of a complete breakfast.):D

you don't want to miss these fights tonight/afternoon for you. Its going to be a great night and I predict many KO's.

Robstar
02-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Good Sunday morning mate. I hope you had your bowl of fruity pebbles. (on a side note if you cant get them I will be happy to ship you a box, for realz, I never shipped anything to Australia but I'm willing to learn, not sure if they allow food to be shipped or not. Hell I'm not sure you guys have fed ex or UPS, let me know if you want me to do this, after all they are deliciously fun and wholesome part of a complete breakfast.):D

you don't want to miss these fights tonight/afternoon for you. Its going to be a great night and I predict many KO's.

Oh I have it ordered. Almost got tickets too but couldn't afford it.

You'll be glad to hear that I CAN get Fruity Pebbles I just have to wait for USA Foods to have them in. Anything else you can suggest?

Necroyeti
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
I only order wrestling PPVs, and since last year I order more than 10 a year.

We get most of the WWE PPVs for free over here, but bigger events like Royal Rumble, Wreslemania and Summerslam usually sets us back a measly £15. TNA's events are shown for free, but I stream(ed) that shit anyway.

Most of my coin has been going into indy iPPVs though. Dragon Gate USA had two iPPVs on one weekend last month and ROH's 9th Anniversary Show is on tonight.... before Christmas, there was Final Battle 2010 and Cage of Death XII. And there are a few on demand ROH/CZW/BJW/CHIKARA shows I wouldn't mind paying for. It's becoming a real popular format.

MMA... I frankly don't enjoy it enough or know enough about it to actually spend money/time on it. K-1 and WEC is/was pretty cool, but again, I just download them.

The New Guy
02-26-2011, 06:49 PM
I wish I could order ppvs
But neither WWE or UFC allow me to do it
Apparently I'm the only colombian fan
so If there's not a stream I can't watch it :(

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh I have it ordered. Almost got tickets too but couldn't afford it.

You'll be glad to hear that I CAN get Fruity Pebbles I just have to wait for USA Foods to have them in. Anything else you can suggest?

You'll be hooked on them. Its really crack for kids, they are that good. Try Coca Pebbles too. I almost forgot, the fights tonight are in your backyard.

this link you can buy Fruity Pebbles. http://store.postcereals.com/post/c.aspx?ID=18&PID=126

Androo
02-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Normally only order Wrestlemania to be honest, although ordered Royal Rumble this year and may continue with RR and Mania. Usually watch other WWEs, that arent on SkySports, online. Being a tax dodging student i need all my money for piss ups and pizzas, and so i find it incredibly hard to part with my dolla dolla for something i can watch for free...i know its bad and a selfish view! Im sorry!

UFC ppvs watch most of them online, or sometimes miss them completely if the card doesnt really appeal to me.

Kashdinero
02-27-2011, 03:31 AM
I pay an extra tenner a month for ESPN so that's UFC covered.

I wouldnt pay for TNA's PPV's if you gave me the money! I do watch every one though and download them the next day, but it takes a while before I sit down and watch them as I never feel any real urgency to see them.

I've never missed a WWE PPV in 20 years, and fifteen quid doesn't really break my bank. I'm far from loaded but to tell the truth I hardly miss it.

There's also all the Indy/Puro DVDs and shoot interviews I buy, plus the iPPV's.... Wait a minute this is starting to get expensive!

Robstar
02-27-2011, 03:50 AM
I have to pay $35 to $40 for each ppv! There is no free option for me, only Raw and Smackdown, the cable stations gave up on TNA! lol You can see TNA shows like Xplosion on free digital but the signal hasn't reached where I am yet! :(

The Brown One
02-27-2011, 04:06 AM
I have to pay $35 to $40 for each ppv! There is no free option for me, only Raw and Smackdown, the cable stations gave up on TNA! lol You can see TNA shows like Xplosion on free digital but the signal hasn't reached where I am yet! :(

Its strange..because we live just on the other side of the ditch, and WWE PPVs here are $20, even Wrestlemania!

Kashdinero
02-27-2011, 04:17 AM

Lol@waiting for the signal, you make it sound like you live in the outback (Jack)!

Robstar
02-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Lol@waiting for the signal, you make it sound like you live in the outback (Jack)!

I kinda do! I live in the country so it's pretty fucked with some things.

Haha, Brownie, that's cos your dollar is so worthless and you can save your money for your jandals, lol ;)

Kashdinero
02-27-2011, 04:36 AM
I kinda do! I live in the country so it's pretty fucked with some things.

Haha, Brownie, that's cos your dollar is so worthless and you can save your money for your jandals, lol ;)

Is it a bit like this?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DoHR7WYShjg/Sj9V0Qk39pI/AAAAAAAAAyM/sCOEiJlceD4/s1600/Australian+House+250+-+tint+2+ac+bc.jpg

TheDevilsAdvocate
02-27-2011, 06:24 AM
The one an only PPV that I have ever bought was Survivor Series 2003. I just woke up one morning thinking that something was going to happen to The Undertaker an I was right. It was the last appearance of him as Big Evil. They also had Lita Vs Molly Holly an Team Bischoff vs Team Austin on there. I had a lot to look forward to when buying it. It was a decent card, and this was my first pay per view ever. It is permanantely frozen into my brain, and it was one of the funnest moments I had with my Grandpa.