PDA

View Full Version : Greatest tag team of all time!!!

Leonardo
09-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Althought the WWE tag team genre has been down to just two actual teams Hart dynasty and rikishi's sons(the USos) I was thinking that there have been real good team throughout wrestling....right now the best teams are the MCMG and beer money hands down....but aside from that I want to know who you think is the best actual team of all time......pick three best better good

3 picks
Steiner Brothers
Rick and Scott(not big poppa pump) were very good wrestlers with a good move set they were exciting to see in the ring and
just very good matt wrestlers

Road Warriors
Spiked football gear thats it
very good team too and knew how to sell a story

Harlem Heat
prior to king booka,spinaroonie,and all that booker T was very good to see and would sell the persona even though they had very little to work with.....the theme song was awesome

NightWolf
09-16-2010, 08:39 AM
APA. In my opinion this was a team that should have never ended. But, then again, JBL shot way up to the top after the initial split took place. Another team I could name would be E&C. They had those segments that would make you laugh so hard you would blow chunks! I remember sitting down one night an E&C were talking about their nuts to the interviewer, and it turned out at the end of the segment they were talking about Cashews. XDDDDDDD

Ram Bradford
09-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Road Warriors
Awesome chemistry between Hawk and Animal. You knew someone was getting their @$$ whipped when that music hit.

Steiner Brothers
As stated before,the move set was great and can go with anyone at the time.

Dudley Boyz
It may spark a debate but they have won Tag gold 23 times. Excellent mic work by Bubba Ray that by the time he was done,you wanted to strangle the guy.
Sorry couldn't get more in depth but i gotta run. Great thread btw

Tha Crows Nest
09-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Im sorry I know they didnt last as long as most Tag Teams but in the ring and ass a team its no contest for me. Its The Worlds Greatest Tag Team Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin.

KSTornado
09-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Road Warriors -Obvious reasons.

British Bulldogs - Obvious reasons.

Heart Foundation - Obvious reasons.

Steiner Brothers - Obvious reasons.

Dudly Boyz - Obvious reasons.

Rock N Roll Express - Obvious reasons.

I would put Harlem Heat but I just don't think they were that good to be honest and when I think of greatness I just don't think of them. I also don't think you can just narrow this down to 1 tag team as the best as all had their great moments because all were original and innovative.

ch.brooks24
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
How are Edge and Christian not on here? They weren't just a thrown together tag team. They were a legit team for years and (correct me if Im wrong) they won all 3 of the epic TLC matches between them, The Hardyz and The Dudleys.

But my vote goes to the Dudleys. They've held tag gold from all the major promotions and, no matter what company they were in, have been dominating the tag team scene for 15 years and are still going strong.

Ruggy
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
LOD obviously ;)

AGEOFFALL
09-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Edge and Christian.

the Bigz
09-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Does Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard and The Hollywood Blondes count or are they classed as thrown together teams? if not then Hart Foundation,British Bulldogs and The Steiners

Robstar
09-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Blanchard & Anderson can hardly be considered "thrown together", as they were together in the original Four Horsemen.

I'll always say The Road Warriors, even though I know there were more 'entertaining' and 'versatile' teams, they were my favourite.

I think The R&R Express were HIGHLY OVERRATED.

Bulldogs, Steiners, Hart Foundation, E&C were all great teams too

crazyj11
09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
The Ding Dongs from WCW

bkdlots
09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Ivan and Nikita Koloff
The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika)
The Midnight Express
The Funks
The Megapowers

Young Guns
09-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Edge and Christian... 5 second pose for the benefit of those with flash photography!

IrkenInvader
09-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Glamorella!

Freder
09-16-2010, 07:07 PM
1. Road Warriors. 2. Freebirds. 3. Von Erichs. 4. Steiners. 5. RnR Express. 6. Dudleys 7. Midnight Express. 8. Harlem Heat. 9. Edge/Christian. 10. tie British Bulldogs and Arn/Tully

Tom George
09-16-2010, 08:12 PM
The Eliminators...hands down best tag team ever.

merhardt03
09-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Double Trouble Crap on a Stick. Big Show N Billy Gunn lol

RagnarokNRoll
09-17-2010, 06:59 AM
The Eliminators...hands down best tag team ever.

Without a shadow of a doubt, but just for the hell of it here's my top ten.
1.Eliminators
2.Road Warriors
3.Anderson and Blanchard
4.Age Of The Fall
5.Steiners
6.Steve Williams and Terry Gordy
7.Edge and Christian/Hardy Boyz/Dudley Boyz
8.Pitbulls (Gary Wolfe and Anthony Durante)
9.The Acolytes
10.The British Bulldogs

Ruggy
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Kronik!!!! ;)

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
09-18-2010, 12:40 AM
E and C, Steiner Brothers, Midnight Express.

Danny Des
09-29-2010, 06:10 AM
Edge and Christian

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 03:36 PM
You can't deny Team 3-D's championship resume, but the greatest tag tem would be the duo the started the death of WCW. The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. They were the ones who started the revolution that changed the name of wrestling forever. That certainly puts their names in the hat as one of the greatest. Who else can say they destroyed a company.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Blanchard & Anderson can hardly be considered "thrown together", as they were together in the original Four Horsemen.

Certainly, they're the foundation of a legendary stable. They were in no way "thrown together"

Ruggy
09-29-2010, 04:20 PM
You can't deny Team 3-D's championship resume, but the greatest tag tem would be the duo the started the death of WCW. The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. They were the ones who started the revolution that changed the name of wrestling forever. That certainly puts their names in the hat as one of the greatest. Who else can say they destroyed a company.

Hall & Nash were great, but 1 was a already a world champ and one a mainstay off the WWF at that time.

Team 3D's achievements were immense, can't believe The Bulldogs or Rockers didn't make the list.

JimmytheBlack
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Hall & Nash were great, but 1 was a already a world champ and one a mainstay off the WWF at that time.

That's right. Building respectable singles resumes, opened the door for them to be the Juggernaut that they were. Another thing to add to their resume, they ended Goldberg's 173 winning streak.

MarcusMiller84
09-29-2010, 06:34 PM
umm....

NEW AGE OUTLAWS!!!!!!!!!

stone cold bruiser brody
09-23-2012, 04:16 AM
DEMOLITION!!
http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader.php?file=demolition.gif

Karsten Langenfeld
11-18-2012, 01:55 PM
The Brothers of Destruction.

magglis
11-18-2012, 02:43 PM
I can't really say i always loved team 3D and New Age Outlaws

Murphdogg4
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
I really wish people would make the title of these threads "the greatest since I have been watching". For all we know the fabulouse Kangaroos were the greatest tag team of all time. From what I've read they were the team that made tag team wrestling popular. From the teams I've seen I'll go with the Midnight Express.

AWrestlingGod
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM
The Dudley Boyz best heel tag team since I started watching wrestling..

AWrestlingGod
11-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I didn't see the "other" part well I would have put that for The New Age Outlaws.

And if you didn't know your ass better call somebody.