PDA

View Full Version : Sting is a dumbass

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I said it.

I never in my life thought I would say this, but if this is true and he did indeed sign with TNA .... then Sting is a dumbass. Really. Think about it. WWE owns ALL of Sting's clips from WCW which is where his career was at his prime. Does he honestly think he will be remembered more in TNA than in WWE? Does he honestly think being in TNA will do his career better than signing with WWE? The guys passed up a match of a lifetime. I guarantee you WWE would have thrown Sting against Taker for the hell of it if he signed. The schedule wouldn't have been bad either. He could easily work a possible legends contract where he can help make new stars in better quality storylines. Also, think of how much of an influence he could have been on the kids. Yet he passed ALL of that up ... for TNA?

What is there left for him to do in a crappy company like TNA? He has had a match with almost everyone in TNA. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, etc.

I'm sorry but Sting's pride got the better of him here. He is making a bad decision. Yeah, he is doing what he wants but at what cost? A legends contract will make the load a lot less. Sure, he may not have selled out, but he is passing up a prominent career for a lackluster career in TNA. That, IMO, makes him a dumbass.

sXeKid
02-25-2011, 12:23 AM
I guess he's just one prideful summbitch haha

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 12:24 AM
Sting is a man and every man has his reasons of doing things whether we like it or not. You have no right of calling him a dumbass. You don't even know his reasons behind his choice so just cut it out dude.

Rich Cranium
02-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Guess he REALLY dislikes McMahon!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I said it.

I never in my life thought I would say this, but if this is true and he did indeed sign with TNA .... then Sting is a dumbass. Really. Think about it. WWE owns ALL of Sting's clips from WCW which is where his career was at his prime. Does he honestly think he will be remembered more in TNA than in WWE? Does he honestly think being in TNA will do his career better than signing with WWE? The guys passed up a match of a lifetime. I guarantee you WWE would have thrown Sting against Taker for the hell of it if he signed. The schedule wouldn't have been bad either. He could easily work a possible legends contract where he can help make new stars in better quality storylines. Also, think of how much of an influence he could have been on the kids. Yet he passed ALL of that up ... for TNA?

What is there left for him to do in a crappy company like TNA? He has had a match with almost everyone in TNA. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal, etc.

I'm sorry but Sting's pride got the better of him here. He is making a bad decision. Yeah, he is doing what he wants but at what cost? A legends contract will make the load a lot less. Sure, he may not have selled out, but he is passing up a prominent career for a lackluster career in TNA. That, IMO, makes him a dumbass.

you may call him a dumbass but he sure ain't a sellout

sXeKid
02-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Yeah I'm not mad at the man lighter work schedule does him good at 51.
He'll keep the "only legend to never work in WWE" title so he'll be remembered.

Dameduse823
02-25-2011, 12:47 AM
you may call him a dumbass but he sure ain't a sellout

Damn sure can't disagree with that, but one way or the other I think that stings career will be wrapping up pretty soon, maybe this year or next year i can't see him being around to long. Even if he had gone to WWE it would only be for a very short time and probably only so they could put him in teh hall of fame

THEKEVINBRAND
02-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Damn sure can't disagree with that, but one way or the other I think that stings career will be wrapping up pretty soon, maybe this year or next year i can't see him being around to long. Even if he had gone to WWE it would only be for a very short time and probably only so they could put him in teh hall of fame

the HOF is overrated imo

Snair
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Vince must have really pissed him off somewhere along the line

THEKEVINBRAND
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Vince must have really pissed him off somewhere along the line

and TNA did the right thing by taking a jab at WWE's low budget promo

yesimtbird2
02-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Copying WWE was the right thing? I added that to the list of the dumbest things TNA has ever done along with the current Jarret/Angle plot. TNA used to pride itself on being an alternative to WWE. If you want to be new and diferent you DON'T copy other company's ideas!! I watched that promo and laughed. Current TNA is a mirror of the end days of WCW in trying to copy everything and used washed up WWE stars, ex-WWE stars that couldn't cut it or ex-WWE stars that just want a lighter work load. The only thing the current TNA will be know for in the future that will be diferent from WCW is having gone out of business a hell of a lot faster and for Sting not to see this and allow TNA put him in a copy promo does show he is a dumbass unless he's getting paid millions.

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 01:29 AM
and TNA did the right thing by taking a jab at WWE's low budget promo

I disagree. What they did was a bad promotional tactic on there part. All you hear is TNA wrestlers taking shots at WWE but there only promoting WWE in a way when you think about it. If TNA keeps this up, they can forget about competing with WWE.

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Copying WWE was the right thing? I added that to the list of the dumbest things TNA has ever done along with the current Jarret/Angle plot. TNA used to pride itself on being an alternative to WWE. If you want to be new and diferent you DON'T copy other company's ideas!! I watched that promo and laughed. Current TNA is a mirror of the end days of WCW in trying to copy everything and used washed up WWE stars, ex-WWE stars that couldn't cut it or ex-WWE stars that just want a lighter work load. The only thing the current TNA will be know for in the future that will be diferent from WCW is having gone out of business a hell of a lot faster and for Sting not to see this and allow TNA put him in a copy promo does show he is a dumbass unless he's getting paid millions.

This right here proves why people are mad by TNA doing this.

Finally..
02-25-2011, 01:34 AM
did the wwe even approach the man these last few months though? i know the speculations about him signing with the wwe started after the 21-2-2011 vid aired but we can't be sure that the wwe even approached him ever since his contract with tna ended so how can one say that he passed up the option of going to the wwe if we don't have any evidence that the wwe was in fact an option for him in the 1st place?

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 01:38 AM
did the wwe even approach the man these last few months though? i know the speculations about him signing with the wwe started after the 21-2-2011 vid aired but we can't be sure that the wwe even approached him ever since his contract with tna ended so how can one say that he passed up the option of going to the wwe if we don't have any evidence that the wwe was in fact an option for him in the 1st place?

I do believe WWE contacted him when they signed Booker and Nash but nobody can make the analogy that Sting was the original man for 2/21/11.

JohnnyPhantom
02-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Haha did that guy just say you couldnt call Sting a dumbass? Bahahaha!!

The fact that Sting resigned with TNA isnt a suprise, he has this "Loyalty" with TNA that can only be commended. Thats something that you dont see with all the selling out and jumping ship.

buutttt on the other hand one of the guys before made a great point, WWE does own all the old WCW vidoes. On a proffesional and legacy standpoint it was dumb not to head "Up north". From DVD's to the Hall of Fame and action figures, not to mention a massive Wrestlemania match it would seem that Sting missed out on a HUGE Payday!!!

On the 3-3-11. It just seems like a jab at WWE, even though and no offense to the WCW and TNA Fans... Undertaker is a bigger draw than Sting. But as they always say... Immitation is the finest form of Flatery. :D

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 02:05 AM
Haha did that guy just say you couldnt call Sting a dumbass? Bahahaha!!

The fact that Sting resigned with TNA isnt a suprise, he has this "Loyalty" with TNA that can only be commended. Thats something that you dont see with all the selling out and jumping ship.

buutttt on the other hand one of the guys before made a great point, WWE does own all the old WCW vidoes. On a proffesional and legacy standpoint it was dumb not to head "Up north". From DVD's to the Hall of Fame and action figures, not to mention a massive Wrestlemania match it would seem that Sting missed out on a HUGE Payday!!!

On the 3-3-11. It just seems like a jab at WWE, even though and no offense to the WCW and TNA Fans... Undertaker is a bigger draw than Sting. But as they always say... Immitation is the finest form of Flatery. :D

Maybe money isn't everything to Sting. Just because WWE owns the video to his legacy doesn't mean that he should go where he feels isn't the best thing for him to do career wise. At the end of the day, Steve Borden knows whats best for Steve Borden so calling him a dumbass isn't right at all.

johnnyvine
02-25-2011, 02:35 AM
WWE copied many things from WCW in the day, and you can't call him a dumbass because he is doing what he thinks is right for him and his family.
Obviously money isn't the most important thing to him.

thedag
02-25-2011, 02:39 AM

no he will be forgotten in 10 years. new fans wont know him in 10 years. hell some of the fan dont know half the people in the hall the fame now. sting is missing out on the HOF, toys, books and real dvd not ones that TNA puts out after a wrestler is there a week.

steveorton
02-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Sting - New tna champion, how sad I don't what to say about Sting anymore I hope I wish you the best since you will never amount to anything whilst in the wrestling world even if you held that Tna title for a year, I am done with you Sting, worst decision of your life, I'm jus sayin...

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 02:56 AM
I just want to know if he's still using that spray on hair-in-a-can stuff that Steven Seagal uses in his direct-to-video movies. The last couple of times I saw Stinger, dude was looking sort of silly.

sXeKid
02-25-2011, 03:09 AM
he might as well shave it and go full head paint would look sick lol

lostbot101
02-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Why should sting go to wwe just to do a job for the undertaker? and let the wwe piss on wcw legacy.
anymore then they already have. I don't see where that promo copy wwe. it's almost the same
promo he did for Starrcade 1997 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khw3_7wXBlA
sting in the man. was the man he's always going to be the man.

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry, but I really don't see how losing to the friggin' Undertaker at the Super Bowl of the pro wrestling industry would be a step down from winning a silly purple belt from a drug addict in clown make-up on a show watched by knuckle-draggers and mobile home enthusiasts. But maybe that's just me.

TakerMania
02-25-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm sorry, but I really don't see how losing to the friggin' Undertaker at the Super Bowl of the pro wrestling industry would be a step down from winning a silly purple belt from a drug addict in clown make-up on a show watched by knuckle-draggers and mobile home enthusiasts. But maybe that's just me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree 1000%

and also just several months ago Sting said that his ONLY problem with WWE is that his body now is not near WWE expectaions for him in a Big time Match or something like that

and he really likes Vince and respect him and he always said that Vince have always been good to me

and what ever the reason that stoped him from going to WWE

I still feel very bad that an Icon like him will end his career in TNA

it's just sad

The Brown One
02-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Sting is a man filled with pride. Anyone can judge him as they want, by his actions, since apparently its a free country. But I'll respect him no matter what. We'l always have his WCW work to look at, if we want to remember him. But to say that WWE has the WCW tapes, and Sting will not be remembered because he never signed with them is bullshit. If someone really wanted to remember Sting, they would, and would watch his WCW stuff if they appreciated him.

Ok, that was a fucking riot! If it was shorter, it would be my signature :)

voltaire
02-25-2011, 03:37 AM
I don't see his resigning with TNA hurting his chances off being inducted into the hall of fame one day. Every hall of fame he is not signed with TNA there will be a thread on this site titled "Sting to hall of fame?" He would be a great draw and will always be on the short list of hall of fame inductees it's just a matter time.

jethro
02-25-2011, 03:45 AM
Sting return to TNA and instantly become the new tna champion instead of build him up from rank up...okay,if thats what TNA want.

The Brown One
02-25-2011, 03:58 AM
Sting return to TNA and instantly become the new tna champion instead of build him up from rank up...okay,if thats what TNA want.

To me, it still made alot more sense than the reveal of the first "They".

Saiga
02-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Sting's loyalty is with TNA just like Undertaker's loyalty has been with WWE the past 20 years....

Tommy Thunder
02-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I said it.

How can you call him a dumbass?! Sting is a wrestling icon!! He is one of the reasons I started watching wrestling!! And he's one of my all-time favorites, let alone one of the all-time greats!!
I have lots of respect for Sting for not jumping ship to WWE. Sure, I'm sad that he's never had a chance to headline Wrestlemania, and go out on the grandest stage of them all, and work 'dream matches' with the likes of The Undertaker. But credit for him to stick by his guns and cast aside the money factor and stay with a company that offers him the schedule he wants etc.
And how on earth can you say that he won't be remembered by staying in TNA?! Of course he'll be remembered!! He'll be remembered as the biggest wrestling superstar never to have worked for WWE!!

Regal>Cena
02-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Ultimately TNA needs a few big names to stick with them and add some credibility to the organisation so that younger talent coming up in the industry will have an alternative to the juggernaut that is WWE.

I still prefer to watch WWE, but TNA has come a long way since I started watching it 5 years ago. I'd like for it to be an real alternative to the product Vince McMahon offers, but for now maybe just another sports entertainment show will do.

I'm glad Sting chose to resign with TNA, and ultimately I suspect he will be there after Hogan and Bischoff.

Tenzach
02-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Sadly, I have to agree.

Nay_Than
02-25-2011, 06:22 AM
I bet you any money if this would have turned out the other way round..

TNA Used a promo to hype a return which turned out not to be sting
Then WWE made a copy of TNA's hyping video which was the return of sting

Everyone would be shittin their pants and further taking the piss out of TNA. Sting would be the greatest man alive and ofcourse we would hear how TNA will be dead in a few months.

Its always the fucking same, Most of you are fucking WWE marks that dont like that TNA actually one-upped WWE.

I personally thought it was fucking funny what TNA done LOL

The Brown One
02-25-2011, 06:52 AM
I bet you any money if this would have turned out the other way round..

TNA Used a promo to hype a return which turned out not to be sting
Then WWE made a copy of TNA's hyping video which was the return of sting

Everyone would be shittin their pants and further taking the piss out of TNA. Sting would be the greatest man alive and ofcourse we would hear how TNA will be dead in a few months.

Its always the fucking same, Most of you are fucking WWE marks that dont like that TNA actually one-upped WWE.

I personally thought it was fucking funny what TNA done LOL

Actually it was only a few people that still held out hope for Sting's signing to WWE, even though there was outstanding proof that he wasn't. I can't bad mouth TNA for hiring Sting(again), since they do it every year, and I'm actually glad that hes done well for himself upon his return(I don't want to spoil it for you if you didn't see it). As for the 3.3.11 video, I'd say that WWE one-upped TNA on that. They had the vignettes airing for weeks, unlike TNA, who did it the week before its supposed to happen. Also, the quality for WWE's vignettes were far better.

Nay_Than
02-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Actually it was only a few people that still held out hope for Sting's signing to WWE, even though there was outstanding proof that he wasn't. I can't bad mouth TNA for hiring Sting(again), since they do it every year, and I'm actually glad that hes done well for himself upon his return(I don't want to spoil it for you if you didn't see it). As for the 3.3.11 video, I'd say that WWE one-upped TNA on that. They had the vignettes airing for weeks, unlike TNA, who did it the week before its supposed to happen. Also, the quality for WWE's vignettes were far better.

Na its alright, ive already read the spoilers lol

And i think it was just supposed to be a joke.

Fan4Now
02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I always respected Sting & still do. As a kid he was literally my # 1 Favorite wrestler & I can't stress that enough until Y2J came along but I still love Sting though age is wearing on him. I was pretty sure he wouldn't sign with WWE during all the
2-21-11 hype. At first I thought maybe?! But one of his reasons for not going before was the WWE had the tv-14 & had too much violence & sex etc. etc. Yet not only did he resign with a company that is the SAME way but he did it 3 or 4 times now? But I respect him for not going. It's his decision. Going to WWE probably just to lose to 'Taker which isn't a career killer b/c at Mania he's undefeated but he probably (IF EVEN CONTACTED) didn't want to do that. 'Taker could have returned the favor at Summerslam or something. Unless he was going to retire after HOF then Mania he might of not wanted his last match to be a very famous loss even though it is Undertaker. But it looks like he would of stayed 'til Summerslam at least since he obviously signed another whole year with TNA. I guess. But I won't lose much sleep. Hopefully my #1 guy will come back soon.

yagepolo
02-25-2011, 09:57 AM
im with you Sting is one of my favorites wrestler of all time. but i have to a lot of point.
1.- why TNA copie 2-21-11 format comercial in his 3-3-11 comercial always a reproduction of the wwe product.
2.- why TNA booked in the same nigth the return and a championchip figth. they bury a momentun, please, before the rock return to the
wwe the highest topic in the net was sting. they has a Victory Road PPV on March 13, they have a time to booke a championchip figth, the jeff hardy's case is pospone to March 21. i dont get it.

Nay_Than
02-25-2011, 10:02 AM
im with you Sting is one of my favorites wrestler of all time. but i have to a lot of point.
1.- why TNA copie 2-21-11 format comercial in his 3-3-11 comercial always a reproduction of the wwe product.
2.- why TNA booked in the same nigth the return and a championchip figth. they bury a momentun, please, before the rock return to the
wwe the highest topic in the net was sting. they has a Victory Road PPV on March 13, they have a time to booke a championchip figth, the jeff hardy's case is pospone to March 21. i dont get it.

Please learn to spell. Thank you.

Pittbull
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
This isn't about the WWE or TNA... it's about Sting's fans! We all want to see him wrestle at Mania against the Undertaker, and out of it he could get his WCW days onto DVD to line his pocket for a rainy day! I'm sure he has decided to do this for his own reasons, but if he wants to be remembered at the one legend who never worked for WWE than the man that did it all and ended on a high rather than have no storyline come 3 months time in TNA... thats his decision!

CobraNightviper
02-25-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think sting is a dumbass because at his age and his career is ending soon anyway so of course he would want a lighter schedule and knowing wwe he would be used just like Nash one appearance and now he's gone yes the money would be good but at least he kept his word and thats something you don't see in wrestling now days plus I don't really think sting needs the money after the career he had but I wonder what Mcmahon did to him?

therealdegenerate
02-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Look I get the WWE is the big company and all of that, but they aren't all of wrestling. A wrestler doesn't have to signify their career by ending it with the wwe. Sting obviously feels he can still go and wants to wrestle for his fans, which there are more of in tna than wwe. Team 3D, Kurt Angle, RVD, Foley, Bischoff, and Hogan have already proven their success through wrestling, they don't need a hof induction or a legends contract to end their careers. Sting made the right choice, and wwe fans are getting the better wrestlemania match bottom line

Jaitsu
02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Sting made his choice, he chose not to sell out for "DVD sales" and etc. people need to respect his decision and understand theirs more to it then just merchandise, he chose to continue with what he said years ago and not join with the WWE, respect it or shut up.

Los Conquistador
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
i don't think McMahon did anything directly

i think is goes back to the invasion storyline and how all the WCW and ECW guys were handled poorly

i think he's just scared WWE will ruin his legacy
maybe jobbing him to younger up and comers

similar to the effect of wade barrett eliminating kevin nash in the RR in under 3 mins

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
So Sting decides to not go to WWE and stay with TNA.

Financially, that is a pretty dumb move. Gail Kim, for example, is making more money being in a love triangle (which seems to be over) then she was as TNA Knockouts Champion. I'm sure the payday Sting would have made would be about a good 70% larger then his contract with TNA. The question is, was this a dumb move for personal reasons?

If you look at it one way, you can say he's loyal to TNA and isn't a sellout. If you look at it the other way you can say he's prideful and hates WWE. There are points that show the first view (he has helped TNA get more notice and possibly refused a big paycheck to stay with them). Then there are points that show the other view (someone here said he would go to WWE if they weren't TV-14, and yet he's on TNA who's more adult then the WWE is right now and he's pretty much ignoring all his fans who want to see him in the WWE).

We don't know the reasons behind his decision. It could be for loyalty to TNA. It could be contempt for WWE. All we can do is see where this goes.

lostbot101
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Man! what happen to the good old days when not selling out was respected.
McMahon has a track record do any of you remember guys like tazz befor
the wwe got a hold of them and that go's for most of ecw.

raden238
02-25-2011, 11:57 AM
It's called loyality. Sting is going to be remembered not only in TNA but in the whole wrestling world as the man who never sold out to vince and the wwe. Sting isnt going to sign will the wwe to face the undertaker and lose to him. You need to understand that the wwe fanbase wouldnt even give him a good reaction, they wouldnt even know who he is. I know you must of been crying when you found out that sting wasnt the one coming at 2 21 11. Im glad Sting is staying in TNA.

LCWfan
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Personally, I'm with the WWE all the way. To be honest, I've never watched a full episode of TNA, but I must say their mocking promo was well deserved, not so much bought on by the WWE, but by fan rumors and improper media reports. They were addressing the rampant rumors, which have taken up a lot of internet space as of late. I see nothing wrong with it! If anything, I think it's a jab at the fans and how we all can jump to conclusions...

FaceOfSpades
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
itz alwayz uh inglish klass wit yaall enternett doodz if yuu kan uhndastan whut sumone iz sayin y due yuu hav tuu b uh aswhole?

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
itz alwayz uh inglish klass wit yaall enternett doodz if yuu kan uhndastan whut sumone iz sayin y due yuu hav tuu b uh aswhole?

No disrespect but I cannot understand your post.

RomanFlare
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM

Disrespect meant, not even a dyslexic, pre-teen, l33t-reading nerd girl could understand what you just said.

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 12:48 PM
If anything, I think it's a jab at the fans and how we all can jump to conclusions...

Yes, let's make fun of the fans that we're trying to get so our ratings improve. That will surely not backfire on us.

It's called loyality. Sting is going to be remembered not only in TNA but in the whole wrestling world as the man who never sold out to vince and the wwe.

You know who also has that, but also not for TNA? Abdullah the Butcher (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_the_Butcher) Wrestled for every major wrestling company in the world except TNA or WWE. Not sure about ROH though.

FaceOfSpades
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
No disrespect but I cannot understand your post.

none taken its just i hate when people say "oh learn to spell" like this isnt the internet. i meant to reply to the dude who told the other guy "learn to spell" but it just looks like i made a random comment. my post says "its always an english class with y'all internet dudes if you can understand what someone is saying why do you have to be an asshole"?

El_Dandy_LWO
02-25-2011, 12:55 PM
YO SOY EL DANDY....and I singed a new deal with TNA

FaceOfSpades
02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Disrespect meant, not even a dyslexic, pre-teen, l33t-reading nerd girl could understand what you just said.

disrespect taken, you punk ass internet smarks or marks are always trying to call someone out on their spelling when its the damn internet. i had no idea i had to pass english 101 to post on the internet with a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than act like old ass professors. no one has to impress you i get no credits for posting on here and when applications get looked over my reference is not going to be ewn so they can know i can spell. more aggrivating than striker saying what sto stands for in svr 2010. i dont wanna get banned so ill keep it clean...forget u

LCWfan
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
To Rassling Fan: What I meant was, a shout out to the fans who jumped to conclusions regarding WWE promo. I think TNA are saying, "If this is what you wanted (ie. Sting), then we got it here!" Thanks for your upstanding marketing analysis....

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
disrespect taken, you punk ass internet smarks or marks are always trying to call someone out on their spelling when its the damn internet. i had no idea i had to pass english 101 to post on the internet with a bunch of losers who have nothing better to do than act like old ass professors. no one has to impress you i get no credits for posting on here and when applications get looked over my reference is not going to be ewn so they can know i can spell. more aggrivating than striker saying what sto stands for in svr 2010. i dont wanna get banned so ill keep it clean...forget u

TBH, internet or not, nobody knows what your saying so you really should't get mad at other people for calling you out on it.

Anywho, I think people need to stop with the "Sting made a dumb choice" crap and get over it. Just because he passed up a paycheck in WWE doesn't mean it ruined his legacy. We don't know the reason behind his choice not to go to WWE so that doesn't give us the right of calling him a dumbass.

Lowki
02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
If he's ever gong to WWE, it's going tobe when he knows he is in his final months and has made the decision to retire.

At 51 it's not so much money, it's more about time with your family. He doesn't want to be on the road that much and if there were talks, i guess Vince didn't see him as "big enough" to get Undertaker/HBK/Mysterio schedules (Not even flair could get that!)

merhardt03
02-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Copying WWE was the right thing? I added that to the list of the dumbest things TNA has ever done along with the current Jarret/Angle plot. TNA used to pride itself on being an alternative to WWE. If you want to be new and diferent you DON'T copy other company's ideas!! I watched that promo and laughed.

Read the bolded words. My job here is done!

Stinger187
02-25-2011, 02:13 PM
this is probably going to offend some people, but it has to do with his beliefs in the Christian god, religion is most of whats wrong with this world and people let there "god" control what they do in life. Stupid people, stupid Sting, oh well... END RANT

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
To Rassling Fan: What I meant was, a shout out to the fans who jumped to conclusions regarding WWE promo. I think TNA are saying, "If this is what you wanted (ie. Sting), then we got it here!" Thanks for your upstanding marketing analysis....

You'll be surprised how many people can take it the wrong way. Look at how many people here are complaining that it's ripping off WWE's Promo.

EDIT: A better example, South Park. They were about to finish up a major Two Parter that revealed Cartman's Father. Instead the next week was a Terrance and Phillip episode. So many people complained to them about that the episode in question gets rarely shown.

SevenCagedTigers
02-25-2011, 03:19 PM

I am convinced that someday, the WWE will bag that fish. Hell, they got Goldberg and DDP. The WWE is relentless and they will eventually work out a deal that will be favorable to Sting.

lostbot101
02-25-2011, 03:24 PM
whats wrong with Standing for what you believe in?
man this dam generation has no back bone

SevenCagedTigers
02-25-2011, 03:27 PM

This is what bothers me. Its almost as if Sting will not negotiate a new contract unless he is brought back in and made champion. Its absolutely ridiculous that TNA has been building up several storylines and feuds for months, only to end them all in one night with Sting winning the title. What happens to the Jeff/Anderson feud now? It will go unfinished. What about RVD trying to get his revenge back on Hardy, and his gripe about being stripped of the title? What about Matt Morgan and his rise to the main event level and him wanting his shot? Sting just comes back one night and is given a title shot? You would never see that in WWE, they would have capitalized on his return and built it toward a PPV. This is why TNA is the minor leagues.

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 03:31 PM

This...

This is what bothers me. Its almost as if Sting will not negotiate a new contract unless he is brought back in and made champion. Its absolutely ridiculous that TNA has been building up several storylines and feuds for months, only to end them all in one night with Sting winning the title. What happens to the Jeff/Anderson feud now? It will go unfinished. What about RVD trying to get his revenge back on Hardy, and his gripe about being stripped of the title? What about Matt Morgan and his rise to the main event level and him wanting his shot? Sting just comes back one night and is given a title shot? You would never see that in WWE, they would have capitalized on his return and built it toward a PPV. This is why TNA is the minor leagues.

It's one thing to stay with TNA. It's another to stay in TNA so you can have a belt.

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 03:44 PM

Its not wrong to have your beliefs. Just sometimes your beliefs will lead you to bad decisions and a certain mindset.

lostbot101
02-25-2011, 03:53 PM
This...

It's one thing to stay with TNA. It's another to stay in TNA so you can have a belt.

it would be ridiculous for them not to give sting the belt.
think about it! everbody that is a wrestling fan knows who
sting is.If you don't beileve that just go to some of the svr game sites
and see how many caws there are of him out there.
Sting has alway sticks with the smaller guys many time in wcw the guy
could have jumped ship.But he didn't and look how awesome wcw became.
it was like a few weeks ago when scott steiner came back and they got hightist rating yet.
like it are not tna was doing nothing befor guys like sting came along. they where the same is roh. and I like roh don't get me wrong. but who do you think is making more money right now..

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 04:04 PM
think about it!
We have. We don't like it.

everbody that is a wrestling fan knows who
Look at Kurt Angle. How long did he wait to get a title shot after returning?

And he stood there as the ship sunk.

it was like a few weeks ago when scott steiner came back and they got hightist rating yet.
Seriously!?!

like it are not tna was doing nothing befor guys like sting came along. the where the same is roh. and I like roh don't get me wrong but who do you think is making more money right now..
WWE. TNA's ratings are frikkin low and ROH's only reason for that is they're on a channel not everyone gets. Put them on Spike at TNA's timeslot and we can see how they can really do.

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 04:06 PM
ROH would make more ratings than TNA.

ROH shows WRESTLING. Not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT like what TNA puts up. Since TNA copies WWE, its basically Sports Entertainment.

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 04:10 PM
ROH would make more ratings than TNA.

ROH shows WRESTLING. Not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT like what TNA puts up. Since TNA copies WWE, its basically Sports Entertainment.
True, but I think it's important to make the distinction that it's poorly done sports entertainment.

TNA was better off when they just put the focus on the actual wrestling. Since shifting away from that, they've just become lesser versions of superior products.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
02-25-2011, 04:14 PM
That lighter schedule argument is not a very good one. WWE can give him a light schedule. All he needs to do is sign a legends contract.

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
True, but I think it's important to make the distinction that it's poorly done sports entertainment.

TNA was better off when they just put the focus on the actual wrestling. Since shifting away from that, they've just become lesser versions of superior products.

This is true.

TNA has alot of issues. Copy and pasting WWE stuff won't make them any better.

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
This is true.

TNA has alot of issues. Copy and pasting WWE stuff won't make them any better.
Yeah, they'll never have a shot at truly becoming something special until they get over this obsession with living in WWE's shadow. They need to quit acknowledging WWE and focus on striking out on their own with a product that can't be found elsewhere (and that goes way beyond just offering up ridiculous SAW-level buckets of gore and gratuitous profanity). Their in-ring product needs to be something that can't be found anywhere else, completely across the board, as do their characters and story-lines. And this living in the past bullshit needs to be completely done away with, as the only place that they need to be looking is towards the horizon.

The one unique aspect of TNA that I think they are genuinely doing right is the cinema vérité approach to their backstage segments (a la ReAction). It's a shame that everything surrounding that stuff isn't equally as fresh and original.

SevenCagedTigers
02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
So Sting decides to not go to WWE and stay with TNA.

Financially, that is a pretty dumb move. Gail Kim, for example, is making more money being in a love triangle (which seems to be over) then she was as TNA Knockouts Champion. I'm sure the payday Sting would have made would be about a good 70% larger then his contract with TNA. The question is, was this a dumb move for personal reasons?

If you look at it one way, you can say he's loyal to TNA and isn't a sellout. If you look at it the other way you can say he's prideful and hates WWE. There are points that show the first view (he has helped TNA get more notice and possibly refused a big paycheck to stay with them). Then there are points that show the other view (someone here said he would go to WWE if they weren't TV-14, and yet he's on TNA who's more adult then the WWE is right now and he's pretty much ignoring all his fans who want to see him in the WWE).

We don't know the reasons behind his decision. It could be for loyalty to TNA. It could be contempt for WWE. All we can do is see where this goes.

Its not about loyalty vs being a sell out. Its about him being older and not wanting to subject himself to WWE's schedule, plain and simple. He can make good money in TNA due to his name value and still have a light schedule which allows him time to see his family. That makes him neither loyal nor a sell out. It makes him opportunistic.

Personally, I am indifferent to Sting. The Crow persona seems old and misplaced. It was awesome back in the day under the 90's context. Sting had "come back from the dead" and he had returned to get vengeance on NWO for in effect "killing" WCW. It made sense. For Sting to still be wearing the trench coat and the baseball bat and facepaint, it is simply out of place. Once you take the context out of a gimmick, it stops being cool because it is no longer valid to the times. Does anyone understand what I'm saying? It would be like Iron Sheik returning and spouting about the Cold War. Its irrelevant to the times.

SevenCagedTigers
02-25-2011, 05:12 PM
The one unique aspect of TNA that I think they are genuinely doing right is the cinema vérité approach to their backstage segments (a la ReAction). It's a shame that everything surrounding that stuff isn't equally as fresh and original.

I personaly think those backstage segments are the worst. Not style-wise, but content wise. Some people can pull off decent promos. For example, I actually enjoyed the Wynter/Velvet Sky backstage verbal confrontation last night. It painted both characters well.

However, anything with RVD, AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson seems droll because there is simply too much exposition. It is as if their characters verbalize every possible though. It is like the Fred Savage approach to where every guy says exactly what he's thinking. I mean, is it really necessary for Jeff Hardy to say a line like "I am going to take my title back". In WWE, Randy Orton says very little, but he says it very well. TNA's dialogue seems like it has been written by an internet mark lately, with Styles saying Bischoff ruined the company and the like. I just think that their dialogue contains some of TNA's weakest content.

WWTNA Mark
02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I personaly think those backstage segments are the worst. Not style-wise, but content wise. Some people can pull off decent promos. For example, I actually enjoyed the Wynter/Velvet Sky backstage verbal confrontation last night. It painted both characters well.

However, anything with RVD, AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson seems droll because there is simply too much exposition. It is as if their characters verbalize every possible though. It is like the Fred Savage approach to where every guy says exactly what he's thinking. I mean, is it really necessary for Jeff Hardy to say a line like "I am going to take my title back". In WWE, Randy Orton says very little, but he says it very well. TNA's dialogue seems like it has been written by an internet mark lately, with Styles saying Bischoff ruined the company and the like. I just think that their dialogue contains some of TNA's weakest content.

Exactly. Thats like Scott Hall, Nash, and Waltmen coming to TNA and talking about what they did in the past in WCW, oh wait........

SevenCagedTigers
02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
think about it! everbody that is a wrestling fan knows who
like it are not tna was doing nothing befor guys like sting came along. they where the same is roh. and I like roh don't get me wrong. but who do you think is making more money right now..

By your logic, Triple H, The Undertaker, and The Rock should all have titles by now. Your logic is flawed.

The Rock, Triple H, and The Undertaker all made successful debuts, and none of them needed to be involved in the title picture for their returns to be impactful.

Their returns were successful based on the ratings. The only way to know if putting the title on Sting was a smart idea will be to look at the ratings. But I guarantee you that if anything, it may improve their ratings for a week, but not in the long term.

TNA favors SURPRISE returns, SURPRISE swerves, all for the sake of adding short term ratings. But it comes at the cost of storyline continuity, and TNA simply does not understand that continuity is what creates repeated viewership.

CobraNightviper
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
yeah they can give him the Nash schedule show up once and then disapear all together.
That lighter schedule argument is not a very good one. WWE can give him a light schedule. All he needs to do is sign a legends contract.

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Its not about loyalty vs being a sell out. Its about him being older and not wanting to subject himself to WWE's schedule, plain and simple. He can make good money in TNA due to his name value and still have a light schedule which allows him time to see his family. That makes him neither loyal nor a sell out. It makes him opportunistic.
I'm sure a legend's contract can give him the same thing. Look at Nash and Booker T. Heck, Hacksaw has a Legends contract (as I recall) and can take bookings elsewhere. He could have gotten that lighter schedule in the WWE if he tried.

But then again, that's still because we don't know the reason behind it. You could say he wants to be with his family. You could also say he too stubborn to hang up his boots. None of us know the story behind his reason so all this is speculation.

TJHawkesybaby
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
What they are trying to do is ride the coat tails of all of us lot marking out that Stinger may actually be coming back...

But what they dont realise is is that we were marking out due to the fact he was goin to the 'E and maybe facing Taker...

All of this buzz about Sting coming back there trying to cash in on it basically by the looks of it... and by mocking/copying, not sure what yet, the Taker promo there pulling (attemptin) us in...

Another thought who's to say they didnt have that promo shoot done ages ago before the Taker one was shown...? Just a thought lol!

Discuss...

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, they'll never have a shot at truly becoming something special until they get over this obsession with living in WWE's shadow. They need to quit acknowledging WWE and focus on striking out on their own with a product that can't be found elsewhere (and that goes way beyond just offering up ridiculous SAW-level buckets of gore and gratuitous profanity). Their in-ring product needs to be something that can't be found anywhere else, completely across the board, as do their characters and story-lines. And this living in the past bullshit needs to be completely done away with, as the only place that they need to be looking is towards the horizon.

All truth here.

I bash TNA for reasons such as this...

Murphdogg4
02-25-2011, 05:42 PM
In a shallow world a man with integrity is called things like a dumbass. I respect the hell out him for his decsion. He would of made more money, and got to perform infront of real crowds but instead did what he thought was right.

merhardt03
02-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Jeesh, let the guy go down in history as "The greatest professional wrestler to never have worked for WWE". Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that notoriety. Somebodies gotta do it at some point if you ask me. Even if he gets a legends contract, I doubt WWE would use him properly. Id hate to see him have a lackluster gimmick. But , I do agree with the majority of you on this thread about Sting being new champion being ludacris. It will not create long-term ratings like so many of you have said. TNA really is about HERE & NOW. I dont know where Im going with this comment anymore. Grrrrrr:mad:

imswm
02-25-2011, 06:13 PM
In WWE, Sting wouldn't be able to get away with half the crap he pulls in TNA, such as cutting what are basically babyface promos when he's supposed to be a heel, getting those angles where he continues to get paid handsomely and never actually wrestles, etc. Plus only he and Vince know if he was even offered a "legends" schedule--at least not at money comparable to what Carter's paying him. As far as WWE owning all the tape rights, no biggie. He goes into the Hall after he retires, everyone plays nice, and then they put out the DVD package.

TheEnigmaticEnigma
02-25-2011, 06:19 PM
i would have sting v taker at wrestlemania 28

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 06:20 PM

I would agree that the content is usually awful, but I was mainly referring to the documentary-style filming approach with the handhelds (hence the mention of cinema vérité). It's something that distinguishes them from the other guys, and the more of that the better.

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Jeesh, let the guy go down in history as "The greatest professional wrestler to never have worked for WWE". Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that notoriety. Somebodies gotta do it at some point if you ask me. Even if he gets a legends contract, I doubt WWE would use him properly. Id hate to see him have a lackluster gimmick. But , I do agree with the majority of you on this thread about Sting being new champion being ludacris. It will not create long-term ratings like so many of you have said. TNA really is about HERE & NOW. I dont know where Im going with this comment anymore. Grrrrrr:mad:
http://www.mainlinemusic.com/white.jpg

Huh?

TJHawkesybaby
02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
What they are trying to do is ride the coat tails of all of us lot marking out that Stinger may actually be coming back...

But what they dont realise is is that we were marking out due to the fact he was goin to the 'E and maybe facing Taker...

All of this buzz about Sting coming back there trying to cash in on it basically by the looks of it... and by mocking/copying, not sure what yet, the Taker promo there pulling (attemptin) us in...

Another thought who's to say they didnt have that promo shoot done ages ago before the Taker one was shown...? Just a thought lol!

Discuss...

copied coz it got lost on the other page I WANNA BE HEARD DAMMIT lol!

maar13
02-25-2011, 06:54 PM
First of all most people judging Sting are right out of line here.

Sting is part of Wrestling History adn deserves a little respect for his acomplishments waht ever they might be. If he didn't wanted to WWE he has his reasons, "But why he wouldn't be part of the biggest match of WM?" We don't know if that was even though about. Legends contract? Why? I mean in this regard Sting owns nothing to the WWE and the same goes for the WWE, they don't own anything to Sting so why would they give him a legends contract to begin with? Stings knows this and while WWE might offer him a very good deal the schedule could be still very demanding for his liking, just take Goldberg for example of what kind of contract Sting might be offered and probably it will still be very demanding for him.

Make no mistake about it, the "2.21.11" promos were all the time meant for the Undertaker, because it the kind of promo he always get when he is coming back, western, dark, even a little depresive if you will. TNA copying this was cheap adn crappy, making fun of WWE? don't thing so for the result of the promos (if don't want to know, don't read the spoilers).

Now Sting is back in TNA and if he wants to retire there good for him, at least is not wrestling at bars infront of 2 people at 51 (it is nice whe you are beggining but I don't see anyone to be there still at the end of their career) or dead. At 51 the guy still matters and has a nice following which at the ends is what matters.

Now serioulsy, why anyone started to think it was Sting on the promo? I mena I have been a fan all miy life (31), whatched a lot of companies (WWF/E, WCW, ECW TNA and a lot others around the World) and first thing I though when I saw it was: Undertaker, how come Sting fixed into them? just because he was a free agent? Because you seriously seem as he promissed it to you when in reality there was no real indcation from neither, Sting or WWE about a deal.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-25-2011, 07:05 PM
first i disagree with this thread sting a dumbass for doing what he wants that is just well i like to call it a clouded vision but you have been told already
second hall of fame is overrated well about half of the times i want road warriors in it if they don't get in there soon i'll hate WWE forever i mean it not that they care though but it would damage the entertainment for me in wrestling i mean they are THE tag team the duo that made me watch wrestling but oh well

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.mainlinemusic.com/white.jpg

Huh?

I never thought to see Luda in a Sting thread xD

lostbot101
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
We have. We don't like it.

Look at Kurt Angle. How long did he wait to get a title shot after returning?

And he stood there as the ship sunk.

Seriously!?!

WWE. TNA's ratings are frikkin low and ROH's only reason for that is they're on a channel not everyone gets. Put them on Spike at TNA's timeslot and we can see how they can really do.

Well you can't talk for all of us tna fans. I love when sting is the champ.
I mean they had Aj as the champ and I didn't see that do anything for rating.
they didn't pick up in till Jeff Hardy got the title. people like to watch people
they know in wrestling. as far as everbody saying that tna copy wwe so what!
I remember when ecw was at the top of it's game. almost ever week wwe/wwf would
copy something new from ecw. ecw was where the wwf attitude era came from.

yes that ship may have sunk. But how many wrestlers can say that they beat the wwf at there own game. for the most part it was the match that sting and hogan was going to have starrcade that was beating the wwf.
it was like a few weeks ago when scott steiner came back and they got hightist rating yet. oh yes it's true.

see I didn't ask about wwe. now did I. you know that tna is just like wcw and ecw when they started out they have come along ways in 10 years there rating are higher then ecws was in 1999 and wresting was at a real high point then unlike now. tna has alot more to offer right now then people give them credit for. as for as roh thing I have never been to
wal-mart and seen roh toys/video game/ are trading card. I have seen all of this on tna.....

SilverGhost
02-25-2011, 07:13 PM
they didn't pick up in till Jeff Hardy got the title. people like to watch people
they know in wrestling. as far as everbody saying that tna copy wwe so what!

yes that ship may have sunk. But how many wrestlers can say that they beat the wwf at there own game. for the most part it was the match that sting and hogan was going to have starrcade that was beating the wwf.
it was like a few weeks ago when scott steiner came back and they got hightist rating yet. oh yes it's true.

see I didn't ask about wwe. now did I. you know that tna is just like wcw and ecw when they started out they have come along ways in 10 years there rating are higher then ecws was in 1999 and wresting was at a real high point then unlike now. tna has alot more to offer right now then people give them credit for. as for as roh thing I have never been to
wal-mart and seen roh toys/video game/ are trading card. I have seen all of this on tna.....

SO MANY THINGS WRONG HERE!

I swear there is alot of faults.

Iron Ape
02-25-2011, 07:15 PM
I never thought to see Luda in a Sting thread xD
We have the failings of the American public school system to thank for that. ;)

Rassling_Fan
02-25-2011, 08:11 PM
they know in wrestling.
What ratings are you following? Ratings have been the same since they got on Spike TV.

as far as everbody saying that tna copy wwe so what!
So explain to me why ECW failed?

UFC, Eric Bishoff who takes all the credit. The Cruiserweight Division that delivered great matches when that match failed to live up the hype. The fact this was built up for a year.

You're so frikkin wrong here it's illogical. Ratings were lower on that night and the week after's increase was because of the second They reveal, not Steiner.

see I didn't ask about wwe. now did I. you know that tna is just like wcw and ecw when they started out they have come along ways in 10 years there rating are higher then ecws was in 1999 and wresting was at a real high point then unlike now.
ECW on Scifi was doing better in ratings compared to ECW in 1999 and TNA now. As you can tell, Ratings do not mean a better promotion.

tna has alot more to offer right now then people give them credit for. as for as roh thing I have never been to
ROH doesn't gave a toyline, video game or Trading cards. They just have better wrestling and better PPVs.

Outsider
02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Imagine this. Steve Borden is an old man who can't walk anymore and he is sitting in his chair. One day he sees his grandson watching a WWE match on TV and he calls him over to sit in his lap. This is what he will tell him:

"Young lad, I used to be one of the biggest stars in the industry back in the day, but no one remembers who I am. I had an opportunity to inspire kids for generations and generations but I was soon forgotten because I let my pride get the best of me.

Why did I let this happen? Because -- I was a dumbass."