PDA

View Full Version : Sting reportedly re-signs with TNA

The Brown One
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
"While not confirmed, two separate sources within TNA Wrestling claim Steve "Sting" Borden has re-signed with the organization. This is not surprising as they've been in talks for the last month or so."

Thoughts?

thejman93
02-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll never get to see my #1 dream match but I'm happy this whole thing is over.

The Brown One
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Yeah..its not confirmed, but its obvious that the deal is already set, and Sting will be in TNA for another year..and will be put into strange, confusing storylines.

WWTNA Mark
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
TBH, I really want Sting to retire as he does not have anything left to prove in wrestling. Hes done it all and is getting older but if you can go, you can go.

thejman93
02-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah..its not confirmed, but its obvious that the deal is already set, and Sting will be in TNA for another year..and will be put into strange, confusing storylines.

You mean....... YES!!! On 2.24.12 Sting is coming to WWE!!! :D

Iron Ape
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
I always enjoyed Sting back when WCW was around, but I haven't really been particularly excited about a single thing that he's done in TNA. It's all just been so completely forgettable.

Guess Stinger's family gotta eat.

Outsider
02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
too bad that he likes to have his last match in front of 300 rednecks and not in front of 80.000 people in GEORGIA DOME > The home of WCW

thejman93
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Sting will be in TNA for another year..and will be put into strange, confusing storylines.

Apparently he is the #1 contender for Jeff Hardy's title.

HeelTurn
02-24-2011, 04:24 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/14/5542e454-472d-4041-9550-bb5b60070e8d.jpg

Seriously, Sting has nothing to do in TNA, he has done it all, as has already been said he will just be involved with dumb storylines. Well whatever makes him happy.

Rassling_Fan
02-24-2011, 04:27 PM
At least it's a better surprised then a Jersey Shore person.

And I think that newspaper who said Sting signed a year with WWE probably mistaken TNA for WWE.

Iron Ape
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
At least it's a better surprised then a Jersey Shore person.

And I think that newspaper who said Sting signed a year with WWE probably mistaken TNA for WWE.
That newspaper wasn't "mistaken". It was The Sun, and they're notorious for just making things up. Shit, at one point they reported that Eddie Murphy was going to be The Riddler in the new Batman flick. So, yeah.

thejman93
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/7/14/5542e454-472d-4041-9550-bb5b60070e8d.jpg

Seriously, Sting has nothing to do in TNA, he has done it all, as has already been said he will just be involved with dumb storylines. Well whatever makes him happy.

On a totally unrelated note: That pic made me wanna play Mass Effect 3 so bad...

HeelTurn
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
On a totally unrelated note: That pic made me wanna play Mass Effect 3 so bad...

Yeah theres a lot of ME discussions in the video game thread lol

merhardt03
02-24-2011, 04:58 PM
You mean....... YES!!! On 2.24.12 Sting is coming to WWE!!! :D

O please no!!!!!! ROFLMAO

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
02-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Alright. I never in my life thought I would say this, but if this is true and he did indeed sign with TNA .... then Sting is a dumbass. Really. Think about it. WWE owns ALL of Sting's clips from WCW which is where his career was at his prime. Does he honestly think he will be remembered more in TNA than in WWE? Does he honestly think being in TNA will do his career better than signing with WWE? The guys passed up a match of a lifetime.

I guarantee you WWE would have thrown Sting against Taker for the hell of it if he signed. The schedule wouldn't have been bad either. He could easily work a possible legends contract where he can help make new stars in better quality storylines. Yet he passed ALL of that up ... for TNA? What is there left for him to do in a crappy company like TNA? WWE could have paid him MUCH more in salary for feuds with Taker and new stars than TNA could ever do. This is obviously an issue of pride and I honestly feel it is getting the better of him here. He is making a bad decision.

alexrules01
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Stin's still coming on 2.21.11 dammit!! Have Faith!

thejman93
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM

You tell 'em buddy!

efrum
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Alright. I never in my life thought I would say this, but if this is true and he did indeed sign with TNA .... then Sting is a dumbass. Really. Think about it. WWE owns ALL of Sting's clips from WCW which is where his career was at his prime. Does he honestly think he will be remembered more in TNA than in WWE? Does he honestly think being in TNA will do his career better than signing with WWE? The guys passed up a match of a lifetime.

I guarantee you WWE would have thrown Sting against Taker for the hell of it if he signed. The schedule wouldn't have been bad either. He could easily work a possible legends contract where he can help make new stars in better quality storylines. Yet he passed ALL of that up ... for TNA? What is there left for him to do in a crappy company like TNA? WWE could have paid him MUCH more in salary for feuds with Taker and new stars than TNA could ever do. This is obviously an issue of pride and I honestly feel it is getting the better of him here. He is making a bad decision.

Actually im not aware of there ever being any communication between the two.
But if there was and Sting said no... Then thats a level of integrity we arent used to seeing because WWE couldve made him a packet.

Bodom
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah theres a lot of ME discussions in the video game thread lol

Goddamn right there is.

Bodom
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM

*looks at calender*

Today is 2/24/11

Krysys
02-24-2011, 07:05 PM
dream killer... lol

clrj3514
02-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Yep, the story will suck but I hope he comes back as the heelish face like he was in WCW. He had that sort of bad guy mentality but everybody loved him. Maybe he wants to keep his reputation as the biggest star to never go to the 'E. Regardless of his decision I still have the utmost respect for him. I've read his book & he's a devout Christian, which being a Christian myself I admire.

jwt15
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Like i have said before Sting is a very loyal person and will end up retiring in TNA but he can still go and putting him with fortune would be real good. Sting holds grudges and he wont ever be going to WWE.

Robstar
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
It's resigned not re-signed!!! I have proof! (see my other thread)

jwt15
02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
It's resigned not re-signed!!! I have proof! (see my other thread)

lol yea I looked through it :) how do you explain him being backstage at Impact then ;)

steveorton
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Sting will grow old and retire in TNA, I feel so sad for you Sting but you are the biggest idiot for not signing with the greatest wrestling organisation in the world, to quote the JERICHO, "YOU IDIOT", I'm jus sayin...

jwt15
02-24-2011, 08:00 PM
I have to disagree he is more respectable not going. He would have been jobbed out to Taker at Mania after that they would have treated him like shit imo because be honest Vince wouldn't let a man who has public stated his dislike for him to do anything good. He has more upside in TNA him and Styles are great friends (Which is one of the reasons AJ will never go to WWE imo) But he can still put on great matches and give alot to the young guys which in WWE politics would eat him apart

steveorton
02-24-2011, 08:35 PM
When Sting was in WCW I loved to see him, when now debut on Tna I was excited but now he has just grown stale, he is about to end his career, You say he looks more respected he just an overblown ego and until he gets over himself he will never be a wrestling titan in my eyes, don't get me wrong I respect the guy and what he has done for the business but ask yourself why does he do it for the fans or the money, and if your answer is fans you will agree that most of his fans want him to retire in style and wants him to retire with a show that everyone knows WWE, VKM will insult all he wants but I don't think for one minute he will treat Sting with disrespect, Sting you had your chance and you blew it I hope you are happy retiring in a Z class wrestling company, I'm jus sayin...

Robstar
02-24-2011, 08:53 PM
lol yea I looked through it :) how do you explain him being backstage at Impact then ;)

He's saying goodbye to his boyfriend Hogan. Hey did you know they took gullible out of the dictionary?

K2Jelly
02-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Um........yay?

The Brown One
02-25-2011, 03:07 AM
too bad that he likes to have his last match in front of 300 rednecks and not in front of 80.000 people in GEORGIA DOME > The home of WCW

That is bullshit. He competes in front of 1000 rednecks.

Apparently he is the #1 contender for Jeff Hardy's title.

Thanks for the spoiler(?).