PDA

View Full Version : Announce team at wrestlemania

Ravsta
02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
with the king and micheal cole, in a match at wrestlemania , no one has given thought to the announce team.
soo who will be the announce team.
well like everyone im hoping that JR will be there however more then likely not.
So with that in mind. IT probably will be josh mathews and bookerT, but thats very dull. Mabey / hopefully add Matt Striker
too me thats good but not wrestlemania quality....

any thoughts...

sXeKid
02-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I think it would be cool for JR to call Kings wrestlemania match! So I'm goin with JR, Cole, and King until the match and then cole and BOOOKA!

Trips88
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
I think that we will still see Cole and King at the table during Mania, either after their match if their early in the card, or before the match if their later in the card. Also I still think that J.R. will announce at Mania. I mean it's not like he's gonna come back full time, but I think he can fit this one day of the year into his schedule lol.

Bodom
02-23-2011, 10:06 PM
The GM Macbook and Booker T

sXeKid
02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
I think that we will still see Cole and King at the table during Mania, either after their match if their early in the card, or before the match if their later in the card. Also I still think that J.R. will announce at Mania. I mean it's not like he's gonna come back full time, but I think he can fit this one day of the year into his schedule lol.

I dont know man i hear his BBQ "business is picking up" hehehe

The New Guy
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
If the Cole/Lawler match happens, I don't see either at the announce table.
And if the IWC rumor is true and is Lawler last appereance, It may be good to have striker or josh at the table to push them more.
I'm not a big fan of Booker so I hope he's not at the table.
And JR would be gold!!!! :)

thedominator92
02-23-2011, 10:27 PM
The GM Macbook and Booker T

And I QUOTE can you dig it sucka

The Brown One
02-23-2011, 10:42 PM
I can still see both men at the announce table, because the show is 4 hours after all, so WWE will need them for commentary. Also with them, will be Booker T, and Josh Matthews. They will have 2 announce tables, 1 for Raw, and 1 for Smackdown.

SilverGhost
02-23-2011, 10:43 PM
Booker T, Matthews and JR. Special guest: GM laptop

THEKEVINBRAND
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
There is some speculation as to who will be announcing WrestleMania 27 as the feeling is it doesn't make much sense to have Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole call most of it and then work a match against each other. Jim Ross is always being speculated on for a return but at last year's WrestleMania, early plans were for him to announce but he didn't. Shawn Michaels and Undertaker even requested that Ross work the pay-per-view but it wasn't the direction that Vince McMahon wanted.

Trips88
02-23-2011, 11:07 PM
I dont know man i hear his BBQ "business is picking up" hehehe

lol good one :)

tshizzy34
02-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm really hoping they will bring back good ole JR at least for Mania but only time will tell. I doubt they will have Cole and Lawler announce much since they will probably continue to push the angle of these 2's match all the way leading to Mania. I'm thinking probably JR, Striker, and Matthews. Maybe they will let the winner of the Lawler/Cole match return afterwards to announce since they won. Man so many possibilities guess we'll soon see!

sXeKid
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
lol good one :)

Thanks brah :)
epic staredown FTW (HHH/Taker)

Trips88
02-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Thanks brah :)
epic staredown FTW (HHH/Taker)

No prob. :)
So who do you see working the table at Mania?

straightedge916
02-24-2011, 03:09 AM
JR and Josh Matthews or Matt Striker im thinking and hoping

Jaws
02-24-2011, 03:37 AM
After Punk beats Orton let him announce. (This would never happen and Orton will probably go over Punk but I can dream, right?)

the wrestling shade
02-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Who knows maybe it will be special guest announce team Tony Schiavone and Don west!!!! hhhhhhh

Dax
02-24-2011, 04:08 AM
I definitely wouldn't rule out JR due to WWE's recent attempt to gather attention by bringing back these "legends" (Booker T, Nash, HHH, Undertaker, Rock, STSA and Stratus to name a few), but you never know. Come to think of it, is a Lawler v. Cole match confirmed yet? If not, I can see the announce booth being used as a tool for their feud. But as I said it's all speculation.

samoan619
02-24-2011, 04:58 AM
hope they add matt striker at least, the announce team for elimination chamber was horrible, booker t seemed lost most of the time and cole tries so hard to cheer for the heels to pull heat, but IMO he pulls heat because its so horribly acted..

alexrules01
02-24-2011, 05:07 AM
After Punk beats Orton let him announce. (This would never happen and Orton will probably go over Punk but I can dream, right?)
That would be awesome!
Punk, Cole, King and JR working half the night, having Punk and Cole being pals and we all know the fantastic chemistry King and JR can produce. The feud can be slowly built up throughout the night, while not taking away from the matches in progress. Then the rest of the night JR and Punk, and maybe Mathews.

I just had that idea when i saw your post, but I originally felt The Rock might wear the headset, seeing as he hosting and all?

streaking
02-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Josh Matthews, the godawful Booker T, and Michael Cole.

Have the King/Cole match about halfway to two-thirds of the way through the card.

When it's the match BEFORE King/Cole, Cole could then leave to get ready for his match with King, leaving Josh and Booker to the commentary.

Once King rapes Cole, it could either remain Josh/Booker, or could be King/Josh/Booker.

Say what you want about Michael Cole, but until Matthews has continued this recent intensive work for a while longer, I think Cole is the strongest commentator.

Screw it, let's have...

DEL RIO & PUNK on commentary ;)

Tommy Thunder
02-24-2011, 06:43 AM
I think J.R. will call the King vs Cole match.

Lowki
02-24-2011, 07:10 AM
It will be King, Cole, Booker T until their match. Then during the match we will see Matthews and Striker (or J.R.). After the match i think they will sell Cole's 'injuries' or 'fear' by not returning for the night (or at least until the Miz match). So at somepoint it will be King, Booker and Matthews.

hystrix
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking it will be the stellar team of Mike Adamle, the Great Kahli, and Eli Cottonwood. heck, just as good as anyone elses guess.

merhardt03
02-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan & "Mean" Gene Okerlund. Lol,
Adamle, Khali, & Eli would be EPIC!

SgtGohan
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
I think J.R. will call the King vs Cole match.

I am with you on that one, i would make sense.

steveorton
02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I hope JR comes back even if its for 1 match at the showcase of the immortals, I'm jus sayin...

Grind_Bastard
02-25-2011, 06:25 PM
DEL RIO & PUNK on commentary ;)

Cool but what about Punk+Rock+a returning Chris Jericho?

Rich Cranium
02-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't count out JR just yet! I'm sure he will announce at least one match at WM27 and like some of you previously mentioned, it will probably be the Cole vs. King match!

Bodom
02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm still pulling for Macbook GM and Booker T.

jethro
02-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Shawn Michaels and Undertaker even requested that Ross work the pay-per-view but it wasn't the direction that Vince McMahon wanted.
I didnt know this,and Vince turn down from two most iconic wrestlers request o_O

hope they add matt striker at least, the announce team for elimination chamber was horrible, booker t seemed lost most of the time and cole tries so hard to cheer for the heels to pull heat, but IMO he pulls heat because its so horribly acted..
I agree Booker T and Josh was...how to put it,theres no chemistry.I thought Matt Striker will announce as usual but instead I hear Booker,this guy could spill out profanity out of nowhere (the wcw promo on hogan)

I hope atleast Michael Cole and Matt Striker...Josh is dull,hoping for Jim Ross is impossible at this point imo.

Edit: Spoke too soon,just finish watch Raw and Jerry lawler challenge Cole for a match at WM...I only hope Matt Striker and Jim Ross,please...please.