PDA

View Full Version : SpikeTV should buy a part of TNA

mistertna
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
ok so spike supports tna alot but what would happen if spike bought say between 30 and 50% of tna from panda energy. since spike would own tna they would realy get behind it because now its not just a tv show they air, they own part of it, and want it to make money so spike would start promoting tna on other networks and getting them out their. they would also put more money into tna, as common knowledge of the IWC spike support tna more than panda energy, the only reason they own them is because of bob carter, so spike would start raising wages for tna stars and start to invest in the product more. lastly, as reported on this very site in january the reason tna is taping out of the impact zone is because of spike, after they attended a tna house show hevily pushed them to tour impact, so if they came into ownership it may be fair to say goodbye to the impact zone for awhile or maybe even forever:)

efrum
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
ok so spike supports tna alot but what would happen if spike bought say between 30 and 50% of tna from panda energy. since spike would own tna they would realy get behind it because now its not just a tv show they air, they own part of it, and want it to make money so spike would start promoting tna on other networks and getting them out their. they would also put more money into tna, as common knowledge of the IWC spike support tna more than panda energy, the only reason they own them is because of bob carter, so spike would start raising wages for tna stars and start to invest in the product more. lastly, as reported on this very site in january the reason tna is taping out of the impact zone is because of spike, after they attended a tna house show hevily pushed them to tour impact, so if they came into ownership it may be fair to say goodbye to the impact zone for awhile or maybe even forever:)

I don't see how this would benefit Spike?

SevenCagedTigers
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM

The problem with this idea is that if Spike owned TNA, then as soon as TNA stopped being profitable, Spike TV would drop TNA from its programming. Its better for TNA to stay independent, in case Spike TV decides to drop it for whatever reason, they can just go to another network and try to sell their programming there.

mistertna
02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
it doesnt like panda energy owning tna doesnt benifit them

efrum
02-21-2011, 12:45 PM
it doesnt like panda energy owning tna doesnt benifit them

Maybe not but throwing millions of dollars at TNA doesn't necessarly benefit them much either

Iron Ape
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
SpikeTV should try and get good at being a television network before they try their hand at wrestling promotion. Terrible idea.

thejman93
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
SpikeTV should try and get good at being a television network before they try their hand at wrestling promotion. Terrible idea.

Yeah, they do a nice job with the UFC but other than that? meh......

merhardt03
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
The problem with this idea is that if Spike owned TNA, then as soon as TNA stopped being profitable, Spike TV would drop TNA from its programming. Its better for TNA to stay independent, in case Spike TV decides to drop it for whatever reason, they can just go to another network and try to sell their programming there.

U sir are a genius lol. Very well said.

Iron Ape
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, they do a nice job with the UFC but other than that? meh......
Yeah, UFC is the only thing really worth a damn on Spike. Everything else ranges from instantly forgettable to insultingly awful. They seem to have this misguided idea that all guys are barbaric meat-heads with no taste in quality programming, and it really, really sucks.

K2Jelly
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, UFC is the only thing really worth a damn on Spike. Everything else ranges from instantly forgettable to insultingly awful. They seem to have this misguided idea that all guys are barbaric meat-heads with no taste in quality programming, and it really, really sucks.

i.e. Manswers

Iron Ape
02-21-2011, 02:35 PM
i.e. Manswers
That's right up there with 1,000 Ways to Die and Blue Mountain State for completely garbage programming. I'm not sure how this trash finds an audience.

I was mistaken when I said that everything on the channel aside from UFC sucked, as I completely forgot about a little gem called DEA (narrated by the great Lance Henriksen). Its similarities to a couple of other programs, namely Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force, had me thinking it was on A&E.

SilverGhost
02-21-2011, 02:37 PM
1000 ways to die is not so bad....just how they do it though is pretty dumb.

Iron Ape
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
1000 ways to die is not so bad....just how they do it though is pretty dumb.
Execution is everything.

HCollins-TNA1
03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
My opinion Spike TV has some good shows Manswers and 1000 ways to Die and Deadlist Warrior and Auction Hunters as well as UFC.....
Can't wait till COAL debuts March 30th.....
But SpikeTV should invest more time into TNA maybe 2 or 3 more hours????