PDA

View Full Version : IMpact ratings are in!

Stinger187
02-18-2011, 10:01 PM
-- This week's edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a 1.13 (1.1) cable rating, with an average of 1.5 million viewers. That is about the same as last week. The show did a .9 M18-49, a .55 in M18-34. Quarter hour ratings still come.

-------------------
Well we all know dixie wanted push the young guys, and she cares about the ratings! Well they dropped again, looks like there going to get buried again for the WWE rejects and old guys! But will have to wait and see they already recorded next weeks iMpact, see if they change things up! I want more X matches damn it

The Brown One
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Wooooo next week Ric Flair will be back on Impact! Lets see how his appearance plays out.

Stinger187
02-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Wooooo next week Ric Flair will be back on Impact! Lets see how his appearance plays out.

Here in the states he was on this weeks impact, you a week behind?

THEKEVINBRAND
02-18-2011, 10:20 PM
who gives a sh*t about ratings anymore? Either you watch TNA or you don't it's simple

Stinger187
02-18-2011, 10:29 PM
who gives a sh*t about ratings anymore? Either you watch TNA or you don't it's simple

Well.... I don't care, just it was said earlier this week Dixie cares about it and wanted to push young guys and ratings drop will see if the old guys are showed more which sucks

Iron Ape
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
It's kind of funny to me how Dixie, as well as most of the IWC, are under the impression that there's an absolutely finite correlation between the content of the shows and said shows' ratings. It sometimes seems as if outside factors are never even considered. Such a misguided and short-sighted approach to how she determines the direction of her company is going to lead to nothing but more water-treading, and that's unfortunate.

Stinger187
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
It's kind of funny to me how Dixie, as well as most of the IWC, are under the impression that there's an absolutely finite correlation between the content of the shows and said shows' ratings. It sometimes seems as if outside factors are never even considered. Such a misguided and short-sighted approach to how she determines the direction of her company is going to lead to nothing but more water-treading, and that's unfortunate.
I'm just sayn what's been reported which could be crap! But we know Dixie could be like that! And most likely will bury the TNA guys we all know and love

Rich Cranium
02-18-2011, 10:49 PM
we all know dixie wanted push the young guys, and she cares about the ratings! Well they dropped again

I bet Matt Hardy won't take credit for this one!

thedag
02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
i would watch TNA if i didnt read what happens weeks ahead.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-18-2011, 11:03 PM
i would watch TNA if i didnt read what happens weeks ahead.

lol and i'm assuming you wouldn't watch ROH that tapes like 2 months ahead

thedag
02-18-2011, 11:10 PM
lol and i'm assuming you wouldn't watch ROH that tapes like 2 months ahead

i never see ROH spoilers online. but i don't watch ROH or Smackdown unless i read something good happens. but if TNA didn't tape so far ahead or went live i would watch it. but if i read stupid shit happening i won't watch.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-18-2011, 11:15 PM
i never see ROH spoilers online. but i don't watch ROH or Smackdown unless i read something good happens. but if TNA didn't tape so far ahead or went live i would watch it. but if i read stupid shit happening i won't watch.

they usually tape every two weeks it isn't too bad but it saves money on production rather than going live

wallyman
02-18-2011, 11:28 PM

u obviously dont know how networks work....do u see all thos commercials in between shows...welll lets just say if a show with a .3 rating charges for commercials a show with as 1.1 charges like 10x as more for that commercial to air and thats how networks make their money....thats why tna cares about the ratings bcuz the network can cancel them cuz they aint worth the air time to sale ad space...:)

The New Guy
02-18-2011, 11:36 PM
u obviously dont know how networks work....do u see all thos commercials in between shows...welll lets just say if a show with a .3 rating charges for commercials a show with as 1.1 charges like 10x as more for that commercial to air and thats how networks make their money....thats why tna cares about the ratings bcuz the network can cancel them cuz they aint worth the air time to sale ad space...:)

Yeah the ratings are a big deal for the network. But do you really believe spike will cancel them?
I think they bring more than enough ratings for that channel.
The minute dixie stops worring about ratings, and put more attention to her product, will mark the begining of a tna growth
Besides ratings doesn't matter what they used to, most of the people just record the show and see's it without commercials
:)

Bodom
02-18-2011, 11:43 PM

Wait for it.............wait for it.....

THEKEVINBRAND
02-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Wait for it.............wait for it.....

i agree, i find his posts annoying and sometimes irrelavent

Iron Ape
02-18-2011, 11:59 PM
I never said that TNA doesn't care about ratings, you spectacular simpleton. If you were actually able to comprehend the things that you were reading, I wouldn't need to explain this to you:

As someone who works in television, I'm keenly aware of how the system works. What you're not getting, though, is that bumps in numbers can't be immediately construed as a sure-fire indicator of the direction that your company needs to go. TNA could put on a great show that's low on marquee value, and a low rating return would immediately lead them to believe that the lack of names is the sole problem, all the while completely ignoring outside factors such as an overall decrease in viewership across the board for ALL programming. A long-term quality gameplan needs to be conceived, initiated, and executed, as that's how significant viewership is gained and audiences are built. This week-to-week tinkering with pushing geezers back to the forefront every time the numbers dip will amount to a .1 bump or so in the short-term, yeah, but that's just a shoddy patch job that's not going to solve one single long term issue.

wallyman
02-19-2011, 12:10 AM
i agree, i find his posts annoying and sometimes irrelavent

i am explaining to him why ratings matter so much...genious so its relevant...

THEKEVINBRAND
02-19-2011, 12:11 AM
I never said that TNA doesn't care about ratings, you spectacular simpleton. If you were actually able to comprehend the things that you were reading, I wouldn't need to explain this to you:

As someone who works in television, I'm keenly aware of how the system works. What you're not getting, though, is that bumps in numbers can't be immediately construed as a sure-fire indicator of the direction that your company needs to go. TNA could put on a great show that's low on marquee value, and a low rating return would immediately lead them to believe that the lack of names is the sole problem, all the while completely ignoring outside factors such as an overall decrease in viewership across the board for ALL programming. A long-term quality gameplan needs to be conceived, initiated, and executed, as that's how significant viewership is gained and audiences are built. This week-to-week tinkering with pushing geezers back to the forefront every time the numbers dip will amount to a .1 bump or so in the short-term, yeah, but that's just a shoddy patch job that's not going to solve one single long term issue.

its not for nothing you're a God :P

wallyman
02-19-2011, 12:11 AM

ok sorry...i thought u was talking about ratings didnt matter at all...but all i wanted to say was that tna cares bcuz spike would take em off the air if they didn show decent ratings///

Iron Ape
02-19-2011, 12:15 AM
i am explaining to him why ratings matter so much...genious so its relevant...
You shouldn't condescend people by calling them genius when you can't even spell it properly, Corky. It makes you look like, well, the complete opposite of a "genious".

Rich Cranium
02-19-2011, 12:44 AM

Why is it whenever I read these quotes I think of Ren And Stimpy? See below for an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsJfBsNpTJM

SilverGhost
02-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Dixie worrying about ratings now would bring her down. TNA needs serious work then focus on ratings.

SaberToothTigerz
02-19-2011, 07:11 AM
weird...
wasnt matt hardy going to solve this issue?

The Brown One
02-19-2011, 07:48 AM
weird...

Hahahahaha like that happened.

Stinger187
02-19-2011, 08:26 AM
weird...

He's been on the last two weeks and look the rating fell!

SaberToothTigerz
02-19-2011, 10:46 AM
He's been on the last two weeks and look the rating fell!

LOL true
matt hardy in the ring = piss match

CobraNightviper
02-19-2011, 03:04 PM
speaking of Hardy I wonder if he is dumb enough to take credit for this because from what Iv'e seen from him(youtube and twitter)no publicity is bad publicity.

SaberToothTigerz
02-19-2011, 04:58 PM
speaking of Hardy I wonder if he is dumb enough to take credit for this because from what Iv'e seen from him(youtube and twitter)no publicity is bad publicity.

:D i think he will blame it now on tna creatives that he isnt pushed properly hence the ratings not going up xD

CobraNightviper
02-19-2011, 06:33 PM
yep I think so too.
:D i think he will blame it now on tna creatives that he isnt pushed properly hence the ratings not going up xD

The Brown One
02-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Then he will try to do something stupid to get out of his TNA contract. But TNA will think that it is edgy, which they like, and so they will give Hardy a huge push, and make him world champion.

SaberToothTigerz
02-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Then he will try to do something stupid to get out of his TNA contract. But TNA will think that it is edgy, which they like, and so they will give Hardy a huge push, and make him world champion.

could happen