PDA

View Full Version : JR's BBQ Sauce?

Rich Cranium
02-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Just wondering has anyone ordered any of JR's products and if so, what are your thoughts?

Rich Cranium
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
bump...............

Bodom
02-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I know a guy who tried JR's ketchup. Said it was amazing.

Been meaning to buy a bottle myself.

Rich Cranium
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I ordered the sampler and it's all good if you like your condiments spicy.

Bodom
02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Love spicy foods.

The New Guy
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
good i would love to buy one...
I hate that I cant order anything of WWE
:(

Bodom
02-17-2011, 09:31 PM
You can buy JR's sauces directly from him at his website.

The New Guy
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
You can buy JR's sauces directly from him at his website.

yeah sure but they don't ship to colombia
Neither WWEshop
so I cant
But buy one for me Bodom :)

Bodom
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
I charge double for all shipments outside of the US :p

The New Guy
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I charge double for all shipments outside of the US :p

Eyy
that may work
Maybe that way i can buy wwe and roh dvds. I feel like such a leach watching them on internet :)

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I love me some spicy food, but I was pretty disappointed with his products. They're not awful by any stretch, but the novelty of having JR's name slapped all over everything is probably the biggest selling point.

Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I make a homemade honey and chipotle BBQ sauce that blows any of his stuff completely out of the water. Making your own is not hard, either- it's just a little time consuming. If you make it in big batches, though, it's well worth the effort.

The New Guy
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I love me some spicy food, but I was pretty disappointed with his products. They're not awful by any stretch, but the novelty of having JR's name slapped all over everything is probably the biggest selling point.

Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I make a homemade honey and chipotle BBQ sauce that blows any of his stuff completely out of the water. Making your own is not hard, either- it's just a little time consuming. If you make it in big batches, though, it's well worth the effort.

Do you ship your sauce to colombia Iron ape?
:)

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Do you ship your sauce to colombia Iron ape?
:)
When it gets a little warmer here and I get around to making some for the summer, I'd be happy to ship a couple of Mason jars worth to you. Just send me some quality coffee beans in return and you've got a deal.

The New Guy
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
When it gets a little warmer here and I get around to making some for the summer, I'd be happy to ship a couple of Mason jars worth to you. Just send me some quality coffee beans in return and you've got a deal.

Thanks, that would be my first bbq "american style" in my country you just pour beers in the meat.
Not that I'm complaining but I also love my food spicy, so we have a deal :)

Rich Cranium
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
The mustard is pretty good too if you like it sweet and spicy! The beef jerky is awesome as well!

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks, that would be my first bbq "american style" in my country you just pour beers in the meat.
Not that I'm complaining but I also love my food spicy, so we have a deal :)
Beer and whiskey are great in a lot of marinades. Not only do they help to impart flavors, but the alcohol also serves as a tenderizer because it works to break down fibers in the meat.

This might sound kind of bizarre, but some sodas work well, too. I often marinade pork chops in just plain Coca Cola before throwing on the grill, and they taste nothing like you would think. Not only are they always super tender, but the sugars in the soda really help to form a bold, sweet caramelization on your sear.

Bodom
02-17-2011, 11:09 PM
You can generally never go wrong when cooking with alcohol.

I make a mean Beer Butt Chicken

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Yeah, cooking with alcohol is great. And I mean both putting it in the food as well as consuming it while putting the meal together.

I made a pot roast last night where I cooked everything in a dutch oven with red wine, maple syrup, and fresh thyme, and it was completely off the chain.

Rich Cranium
02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah, cooking with alcohol is great. And I mean both putting it in the food as well as consuming it while putting the meal together.

I made a pot roast last night where I cooked everything in a dutch oven with red wine, maple syrup, and fresh thyme, and it was completely off the chain.

I'm sold! Do you have a website?

Bodom
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
That sounds fucking amazing, I'm need to try that one of these days.

Iron Ape
02-17-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm sold! Do you have a website?
No, but I've got tons of both family and personal recipes, and I'm always willing to share.

Iron Ape's Pot Roast
4 lb. boneless chuck roast
4 medium potatoes (cut into chunks)
3 cups baby carrots
1 large red onion (cut into chunks)
1 1/2 cups of red wine
1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock
4 tablespoons maple syrup
4 to 5 tablespoons fresh thyme
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
Adobo all purpose seasoning (enough to rub all sides of the roast)
salt & pepper (season to taste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
a couple of tablespoons of flour for the gravy

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a dutch oven, heat your olive oil until shimmering and then add butter. Take seasoned chuck roast and sear on both sides (about 5 minutes on each side).

3. Cut off the heat to the dutch oven, then add potatoes, carrots, and onion. Pour in your wine and stock, and then drizzle maple syrup across the top. Sprinkle your garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper over everything and then cover with lid.

4. Stick dutch oven in your regular oven and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

5. When finished, put your meat on a separate platter and cover with foil, allowing 10 to 15 minutes for the meat to rest before slicing (you also want to place your vegetables in a covered bowl to wait while the meat rests up). Meanwhile, take your dutch oven filled with delicious wine, stock, and roasting juices and return to your stove-top on medium heat. While bubbling away and reducing for that 10 to 15 minute period, periodically whisk in some flour until your gravy has reached its desired thickness.

6. Serve and enjoy!

Bodom
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
What do you recommend for a Maple Syrup in this recipe? a Grade A or a Grade B?

Iron Ape
02-18-2011, 12:29 AM
What do you recommend for a Maple Syrup in this recipe? a Grade A or a Grade B?
I personally use Grade B, simply because it's a lot more rich and intense in flavor.

This isn't a complicated dish, by any stretch, but I think you'll be surprised by the complexity of the flavors. Hands down, it makes for the best pot roast I've ever eaten.

Bodom
02-18-2011, 12:42 AM
I personally use Grade B, simply because it's a lot more rich and intense in flavor.

This isn't a complicated dish, by any stretch, but I think you'll be surprised by the complexity of the flavors. Hands down, it makes for the best pot roast I've ever eaten.

I'v never really found any recipe to be too complicated or intimidating. As long as you posses basic cooking knowledge and can follow a list of instructions, you can cook pretty much anything. Or at least that's how I approach cooking.

I might try and figure out a substitute for the Adobo, I live in Miami and people put that in EVERYTHING here and I get sick of it.

I'm definitely saving this recipe for the next time I make a pot roast.

Iron Ape
02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
I'v never really found any recipe to be too complicated or intimidating. As long as you posses basic cooking knowledge and can follow a list of instructions, you can cook pretty much anything. Or at least that's how I approach cooking.

I might try and figure out a substitute for the Adobo, I live in Miami and people put that in EVERYTHING here and I get sick of it.

I'm definitely saving this recipe for the next time I make a pot roast.
I just put the all purpose seasoning in there so as to not intimidate people by listing a ridiculous amount of spices for just the rub. If you want my personal recommendation, though, I'd go with equal parts of the following: salt, white pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, cinnamon sugar, and smoked paprika. I sometimes add just a little bit more of the smoked paprika than everything else because I absolutely adore the stuff.

Bodom
02-18-2011, 01:21 AM
I just put the all purpose seasoning in there so as to not intimidate people by listing a ridiculous amount of spices for just the rub. If you want my personal recommendation, though, I'd go with equal parts of the following: salt, white pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, cinnamon sugar, and smoked paprika. I sometimes add just a little bit more of the smoked paprika than everything else because I absolutely adore the stuff.

That sounds fantastic. Good call on the smoked paprika.

Rich Cranium
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I'll have to try this! Thank you Iron Ape- ;)

Iron Ape
02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
I'll have to try this! Thank you Iron Ape- ;)
Like I said, I have loads and loads of recipes for a huge variety of different dishes, so feel free to ask me for whatever at any time. Homemade soups made from scratch are kind of my specialty, so you'll really be in luck if you're ever looking for anything along those lines.

Rich Cranium
02-20-2011, 03:17 PM
An FYI, when I received my Sampler, the top of the Jr's Original BBQ sauce was completely torn off and the sauce was everywhere. Not JR's fault but probably FedEx's. Anyway, I sent JR's Website an email on this matter and received the said bottle plus a pack of Jerky ASAP so they have great customer service!

hoosmobby
03-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Услуги переводчика

IPEEINTHESHOWER
03-09-2011, 01:02 PM
An FYI, when I received my Sampler, the top of the Jr's Original BBQ sauce was completely torn off and the sauce was everywhere. Not JR's fault but probably FedEx's. Anyway, I sent JR's Website an email on this matter and received the said bottle plus a pack of Jerky ASAP so they have great customer service!

A long time ago IPEEINTHESHOWER worked for FedEx and I can assure you they don't give a fook about your mail. Its all about speed with them, I didn't work there for that long but I learned a valuable lesson. When its say's fragile on your package, that's a sure way your stuff will be arriving in small little pieces. Best advice I could give, ALWAYS insure your package, ALWAYS!!!!!