PDA

View Full Version : TNA to focus on young talent ?

K-Jammin
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
"Amongst TNA Wrestling officials, there has been talk of changing the focus from "big name" veteran stars of yesteryear to the younger performers in the organization.

One source stated that the members of Fortune—AJ Styles, James Storm, Robert Roode and Kazarian—would be among the top babyfaces in the company and that "it would be interesting to see" what happens when the contracts of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair come up. However, the source added that while creative is behind the proposition, plans could easily change."

Surely people have been waiting ages to hear this? if its true that is. Thought's?

thejman93
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Yay! Dixie just needs to stick to that plan and TNA might actually go somwhere.

K-Jammin
02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Yay! Dixie just needs to stick to that plan and TNA might actually go somwhere.

yup :) i just pray it's true! if it is true then its the best TNA news I've heard in a long long time.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Best news all year (so far)

Rich Cranium
02-16-2011, 05:13 PM
This is great news for TNA which was what they were doing before they put an ad out for ex WCW stars!

darkace9194
02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
WOW I wonder what lit a fire under their asses to finally realize this?

HHHBK
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm glad to hear this. i just hope its true.

ChrisQ1
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

K-Jammin
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM

i want to say i lit it :/ btw, super saiyan 3 goku????? your my hero

Nay_Than
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm sure the IWC will find a way to dis TNA even further.

PandaMassacre
02-16-2011, 05:33 PM
TNA should stay on this path an there might actually be hope for them in the future. I am just hoping that they do not sign Isis the amazon. The only thing phenomenal about her is her height. I want the KO division to continue being fast pace instead of them slowing down just so some giant could waddle across the ring to them an deliver 1 chokeslam an then the match is over. Some may disagree with me but I really do not care. I know what I hate an I will stand by my views.

HeelTurn
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Hopefully they will realise what we all realised a long time ago, bringing in the likes of Hogan, Flair, RVD, Hardy even Angle hasnt helped them in the ratings that much. Pushing young talent wont solve all their problems, but its a damn good start.

PrimusSucks
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I honestly don't think this will help, although I applaud them for pushing young talent I have to say that it seems like they are doing it to copy WWE and their youth movement, and TNA should already know that copying WWE isn't going to equal ratings.

$$$ Maker
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Damn! I was about to make a thread about this.

thedag
02-16-2011, 06:11 PM
they did all this before. lets face it. it will go maybe a 3 months until someone gets in dixie ear and she does something else.

The Brown One
02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Lets say that TNA get rid of ALL of their veterans. I'm talking about Hogan, Flair, The Dudleys, Tommy Dreamer, Scott Steiner, Bischoff, and replace them with young wrestlers that we have never heard of. Sorry if this brings down people's moods, but will people take to them? I know many in the TNA crowd and fans watching at home, who hadn't seen someone like AJ or Daniels wrestle in the indys, but watched their first AJ/Daniels match on that Impact, were really into it. Well will the new generation deliver? TNA can always rely on the current young wrestlers, but they will need some new faces for a refreshing change. I'm sure "nobodys" will cost alot less than employing those legends, and vets, and will contribute more to TNA too, in terms of wrestling. But I'm afraid that TNA fans will not take to them so easily.

johnnyvine
02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
The old talent can't wrestle that well anymore, and sooner or later they have to go.
It's time to focus on the younger talents, they will be the veterans pretty soon.
They don't need the older stars to put them over, what can Hogan do to put them over?
Surely wrestling them isn't in the cards, and it wouldn't help in the first place.

ICRAPINTHEURINAL
02-16-2011, 06:31 PM
Newer talent pushes & ideas is good. Do any of you have any new ideas, or do you drone like the losers that you all are? U will learn to loathe me & despise me. If you are offended , you should be. ARE U READY FOR THIS???

TNA Ambassador
02-16-2011, 06:34 PM
I think this a great idea for TNA. TNA has a boatload of young talent, and when you bring them to the front of the line, they will be the one who carry TNA. It was good to see Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, and anyone else who is over 40. There time has come and gone. I always said that TNA needs to get out of the Impact Zone.

Xv DREWBIE vX
02-16-2011, 06:57 PM
lets hope, i like and respect all the older wrestlers, but the younger guys need to establish a name and credit for themselves

ToWhomItConcerns.
02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
isn't this the reason most of us started watching TNA years ago?

personally i started watching in like 2004 and was just amazed by what AJ Styles was doing...it was nice to see somebody younger doing great things. i'm all for TNA going younger but i also don't hate seeing icons and legends...just as long as they know their place and don't hog all the damn screen time.

Stinger187
02-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Hopefully they will realise what we all realised a long time ago, bringing in the likes of Hogan, Flair, RVD, Hardy even Angle hasnt helped them in the ratings that much. Pushing young talent wont solve all their problems, but its a damn good start.

damn is right heelturn that pic of James in your sig is fn' hot

WWTNA Mark
02-16-2011, 07:56 PM

Matt Hardy. :)

Hesterica
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Just continue on with great matches between the young guys then the young guys vs older (ie Angle, Hardy, etc) and you're good! In my opinion, TNA already has a good mix in young and veteran talents so pushing would be easy for them.

Draven
02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
If they can do this AND keep the established stars, then we are getting somewhere.

mr.dpac
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
To be honest, I'm really happy TNA is going towards the young talent, they do have potential there...
I know, some might say they're copying WWE, but who cares, as long as it works for the company, I say, go for it...

But, I have a question, tell me guys, what does younger talent really means?

what is the age range to be in this "young talent" category?

darkace9194
02-16-2011, 09:11 PM
hopefully this means the return of the X-Division = )

Jaitsu
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
to that weirdo who's copying IPEEINTHESHOWER and acting as if he's some kinda great heel, your not cool, your not funny, and your not badass, get over yourself.

VKM
02-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Having the legends in TNA is not the problem. Its how TNA is utilizing them. TNA is using them as though they were 20 or 30 something years old. If TNA used Eric Bischoff as more of a general manager like how WWE did, that would be fine. They should make Ric Falir manage a younger wrestler so that wrestler can be pushed. They just need to worry about young wrestlers instead of legends who already made a name for themselves cuz really, all they would be doing is recycling by using legends.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-17-2011, 10:50 AM
goodbye hardys:D please go away:O

ShockMaster
02-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Tna will be interesting to watch again once they get rid of bischoff, flair, hogan and russo.

ShockMaster
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Having the legends in TNA is not the problem. Its how TNA is utilizing them. TNA is using them as though they were 20 or 30 something years old. If TNA used Eric Bischoff as more of a general manager like how WWE did, that would be fine. They should make Ric Falir manage a younger wrestler so that wrestler can be pushed. They just need to worry about young wrestlers instead of legends who already made a name for themselves cuz really, all they would be doing is recycling by using legends.

No no, see that's where they've been going wrong by using the "how WWE did" thing.

AndyWonder
02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
They really should not call them "young" anymore. It makes them sound like they are fresh outta high school. I think they should be called the "natives." What I mean is, AJ, Kazarian, the Beer Money guys, Jay Lethal, Abyss, Hernandez, Samoa Joe, etc. made TNA their first major promotion. They were not part of WWE, got scrapped by WWE and got signed by TNA just because of that (i.e. Rhyno, Scott Steiner, Nash, Test, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg, etc.). Matt Morgan did not become the major sensation in WWE because Vince thought his "stuttering problem" was gonna get him to the main event. Morgan became a bigger star in TNA, but has not won the heavyweight title like I would like him to. Likely because he didnt get the WWE attention that Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, etc. got.
Ratings have not increased over the years by bringing in former WWE wrestlers who won major titles in WWE and only giving them all the TNA heavyweight titles wins. Yes those guys are more entertaining cause they had "WWE entertainment training" but give titles to Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, even Hernandez and Robert Roode. AJ can get some more as well.
But turning Fortune against Immortal is already flopping. Jeff Hardy already won the TNA heavyweight title back. I hoped Mr. Anderson could have kept it.
And another thing: TNA's backstage segments are much more boring than WWE's. TNA's backstage segments feel more like scenes from The Real World or Jersey Shore with yelling and heartfelt confessionals. At least in WWE's segments there is more walking around involved and brighter lights.

VKM
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
No no, see that's where they've been going wrong by using the "how WWE did" thing.

But before WWE used Eric Bischoff as a general manager, WCW used Eric Bischoff as a general manager. So the question is who was copying who? WWE was copying WCW. So let me correct myself, "TNA should use Eric Bischoff how WCW did which is a general manager"

merhardt03
02-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Tna is the 40 year old alcoholic at the high school reunion that is trying to relive its glory days and bullshit with the now esteemed lawyer that is the wwe................ Awesome signature my friend!!!!

ShockMaster
02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
But before WWE used Eric Bischoff as a general manager, WCW used Eric Bischoff as a general manager. So the question is who was copying who? WWE was copying WCW. So let me correct myself, "TNA should use Eric Bischoff how WCW did which is a general manager"

I'm just saying in general to say "how wwe did" seems to be the way they operate. WWE has WCW and ECW meshed in with them since the acquisition. So as long as they have the rights, they basically own most of the standards set in professional wrestling.They've managed to almost fully seperate themselves from the attitude era stuff with the exception of their icons like the rock and stone cold. Not to sound like a nut-hugging wwe fanboy but I do understand what WWE is trying to achieve. UFC cornered the fighting market and set new standards, but that's another story entirely. What I'm trying to say is to do anything in hopes of it being like something else is unoriginal and a bland formula if you're trying to move forward with a company that used to have promise (tna).