PDA

View Full Version : TNA Why Why Why??

mrfunk
02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
TNA, i used to love it.. part of me still does, but lets examine last sundays Against All Odds card.

Angle Vs Jarrett
Dudley vs Dudley
Anderson Vs. Hardy
Hardy Vs RVD

4 MATCHES made up with all former WWE Stars. Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy Kurt Angle, and i think the Dudley feud done right could be one of the hottest feuds in a very long time, i thought that was the best thing on the card.. you could go so many ways with it. Have the kids turn on their dad down the line. etc etc..

Anyway, back to this. I dont understand why TNA needs to do this, 4 matches with former WWE Stars...I dont understand why TNA needs to hire all these former WWE guys in the first place...

Hulk Hogan to me is a cancer. Sorry to say it, but hes there for the money, does nothing, brings nothing to the table, proved that by moving to monday night... People in 2010/11 have the option to record one, watch another, they never had that in the 90s, there will NEVER BE any other rating wars in my opinion.

I say, get rid of Hogan and Eric Bishoff, obviously two people who dont listen to the fans and want to re create WCW

TNA if you watch their old stuff, its fantastic, 6 sided ring, X Division Tag Division Knockout Division.

TNA Present... get rid of Sonjay Dutt, Williams, Daniels... Currently the X Division is suffering. Ok there trying to ressurrect it, but they should never have got it to that point in the first place. Same with the knockouts, get rid of Kong, ODB, Wilde focus on Victoria and Mickie James, yet again WWE Stars!

TNA need to stop using WWE ideas that have already been done, and name dropping WWE or making reference to them, they dont need to do that. Ideas such as when they hung cookie up in a cage in a match between Lethal and Robbie E?? why?? why the hell do that, made no sense to me, just reminded me of when they did that with Chyna in the WWE.

TNA need to go back and watch their early stuff and realise how damn good it was. Focus on their own, make the youngsters / originals on top. Hell Kaz would look good in the main event to me other than old WWE guys.

Kazarian, Doug Williams, Matt Morgan (i know he was in WWE but they made him a stuttering idiot, cant count him) Hernandez, AJ Styles, Joe, Pope (another WWE guy, but look at how hes transformed himself) Jay Lethal, and not to mention one of the guys who could go far if done right. ROBERT ROODE.. All these guys would be watchable in a top level position.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-15-2011, 06:47 PM
TNA, i used to love it.. part of me still does, but lets examine last sundays Against All Odds card.

Angle Vs Jarrett
Dudley vs Dudley
Anderson Vs. Hardy
Hardy Vs RVD

4 MATCHES made up with all former WWE Stars. Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy Kurt Angle, and i think the Dudley feud done right could be one of the hottest feuds in a very long time, i thought that was the best thing on the card.. you could go so many ways with it. Have the kids turn on their dad down the line. etc etc..

Anyway, back to this. I dont understand why TNA needs to do this, 4 matches with former WWE Stars...I dont understand why TNA needs to hire all these former WWE guys in the first place...

Hulk Hogan to me is a cancer. Sorry to say it, but hes there for the money, does nothing, brings nothing to the table, proved that by moving to monday night... People in 2010/11 have the option to record one, watch another, they never had that in the 90s, there will NEVER BE any other rating wars in my opinion.

I say, get rid of Hogan and Eric Bishoff, obviously two people who dont listen to the fans and want to re create WCW

TNA if you watch their old stuff, its fantastic, 6 sided ring, X Division Tag Division Knockout Division.

TNA Present... get rid of Sonjay Dutt, Williams, Daniels... Currently the X Division is suffering. Ok there trying to ressurrect it, but they should never have got it to that point in the first place. Same with the knockouts, get rid of Kong, ODB, Wilde focus on Victoria and Mickie James, yet again WWE Stars!

TNA need to stop using WWE ideas that have already been done, and name dropping WWE or making reference to them, they dont need to do that. Ideas such as when they hung cookie up in a cage in a match between Lethal and Robbie E?? why?? why the hell do that, made no sense to me, just reminded me of when they did that with Chyna in the WWE.

TNA need to go back and watch their early stuff and realise how damn good it was. Focus on their own, make the youngsters / originals on top. Hell Kaz would look good in the main event to me other than old WWE guys.

Kazarian, Doug Williams, Matt Morgan (i know he was in WWE but they made him a stuttering idiot, cant count him) Hernandez, AJ Styles, Joe, Pope (another WWE guy, but look at how hes transformed himself) Jay Lethal, and not to mention one of the guys who could go far if done right. ROBERT ROODE.. All these guys would be watchable in a top level position.

WOW! listen, all of TNA's champions except for the TNA Champion are all TNA homegrown talent, not ex-WWE stars. Without former WWE stars there, there would barely have any vets to put them over, and plus it doesn't matter who's there, they're there to get a pay and entertain us fans, stop picking apart TNA for the little things.

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
WOW! listen, all of TNA's champions except for the TNA Champion are all TNA homegrown talent, not ex-WWE stars. Without former WWE stars there, there would barely have any vets to put them over, and plus it doesn't matter who's there, they're there to get a pay and entertain us fans, stop picking apart TNA for the little things.

Really, since when did the Dudley's (former TNA tag champs) and Angle (held ALL TNA championships) become homegrown TNA talent?

THEKEVINBRAND
02-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Really, since when did the Dudley's (former TNA tag champs) and Angle (held ALL TNA championships) become homegrown TNA talent?

i meant the current champions

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 07:19 PM
i meant the current champions

My bad, but you must also be excluding the knockouts as Winter (ex-WWE) is a tag champ. Sorry for being nit picky ;)

THEKEVINBRAND
02-15-2011, 07:23 PM
My bad, but you must also be excluding the knockouts as Winter (ex-WWE) is a tag champ. Sorry for being nit picky ;)

yeah i understand you, but Katie Lea was irrelavent in WWE, she's finally being used in TNA

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I've got to say, without TNA acquiring any talent from WWE, they would only have half their roster. I don't really care that they pick up ex-WWE stars, because quite a few of them have done well. RVD, Jeff, Mr Anderson, and Kurt Angle have all become TNA world champions. The legends are the real problem. They have overstayed their visit in TNA, since they are getting the most airtime, whilst the ones who can truly wrestle are not getting treated fairly.

Rassling_Fan
02-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I've got to say, without TNA acquiring any talent from WWE, they would only have half their roster. I don't really care that they pick up ex-WWE stars, because quite a few of them have done well. RVD, Jeff, Mr Anderson, and Kurt Angle have all become TNA world champions. The legends are the real problem. They have overstayed their visit in TNA, since they are getting the most airtime, whilst the ones who can truly wrestle are not getting treated fairly.

The problem is three of those guys you mentioned were already World Champions in the WWE while Anderson was being groomed to be World Champion if it wasn't for his injuries. As for all except two being home grown champions, keep in mind Kaz wasn't originally scheduled for the PPVs, and the only titles that were scheduled was the World Championship and Women's Championship.

Too boot, how they push wrestlers are also in question now. Of the originals, the only one who could get a world title shot is AJ Styles since he's leading Fortune. Kaz has the X-Division Title, Jay Leathal suddenly got low on the card, the Pope and Joe are still feuding (nice way to make Joe's victory totally pointless), and Beer Money is the only good tag team in TNA now that MCMGs are out.

Draven
02-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Where else are they supposed to get people from? Any wwe guy they get is good for them as long as they use them correctly

Jaitsu
02-15-2011, 09:20 PM
holy hell, just how many "omg TNA sucks nao" threads are there gonna be? i'm sick of hearing this "homegrown talent" bullcrap all the damn time, you use who's available or you lose money, simple as that, i agree, kick hogan and legends the hell out, but who the hell cares if they were famous in WWE, that, doesn't, matter. you don't here these "issues" when a former TNA champ joins WWE, do you, they use who is available or they're quickly gonna have a rotation of AJ Styles and who ever else over and over. TNA isn't perfect but its damn better then what people try to make it out to be.

efrum
02-15-2011, 09:31 PM
It seems to me that whatever TNA do there will always be people telling them theyre doing it wrong.
At the end of the day TNA need healthy ratings and buyrates if they are going to succeed and these established names will bring them, the quality of the product is something they will need to figure out in time because IMO its not that high at the moment.

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 11:14 PM
It seems to me that whatever TNA do there will always be people telling them theyre doing it wrong.
At the end of the day TNA need healthy ratings and buyrates if they are going to succeed and these established names will bring them, the quality of the product is something they will need to figure out in time because IMO its not that high at the moment.

This is true. I don't know the perfect formula for them to get higher ratings, and more profit, but I can sum it up in 2 words: Fire Russo!

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 11:32 PM
This is true. I don't know the perfect formula for them to get higher ratings, and more profit, but I can sum it up in 2 words: Fire Russo!

I think you have to include more than Russo to make that formula work and we all know who those others are.

Rassling_Fan
02-15-2011, 11:34 PM
TNA isn't perfect but its damn better then what people try to make it out to be.

No, it's worse. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/9/29/1719902/an-examination-of-tnas-appalling-treatment-of-talent) Much worse. (http://www.cagesideseats.com/2010/10/6/1735506/surprise-surprise-tnas-drug-testing-is-a-complete-farce-and-theyre)

Bodom
02-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Wait.

Somebody is asking why TNA is garbage? Is this a joke?

thedag
02-16-2011, 12:07 AM
dixie thats all im going to say.

The Brown One
02-16-2011, 12:16 AM
I think you have to include more than Russo to make that formula work and we all know who those others are.

Damn right we do. You know I'm not going to go into details..it will take a long time to list their flaws, and how to improve them.

K-Jammin
02-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I've bashed TNA so many times its unreal. Like many i was also a fan before Hogan and Bischoff came in then i stopped watching it, but when i heard what happened on iMPACT where fortune turned out to be "they" i saw one of the best promo's i've seen in a long long time from AJ Styles, everything he said was true and the fans were even shouting " we want six sides ". So im hoping this somehow leads to TNA going back to its original ways and hopefully seeing some old faces return, but until then . . TNA sucks, just my opinion so no one cry

Mikeyboy7777777
02-16-2011, 10:43 AM
dont'forget james storm and yes beer money inc. will get big i hope they stay in tag though because in tna tag team actually means something i would love it if jacqueline came back as their manager oh well

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I've bashed TNA so many times its unreal. Like many i was also a fan before Hogan and Bischoff came in then i stopped watching it, but when i heard what happened on iMPACT where fortune turned out to be "they" i saw one of the best promo's i've seen in a long long time from AJ Styles, everything he said was true and the fans were even shouting " we want six sides ". So im hoping this somehow leads to TNA going back to its original ways and hopefully seeing some old faces return, but until then . . TNA sucks, just my opinion so no one cry

i think they're in the process of re-building the failing X-Division and Knockouts Division. if you haven't read the spoilers just tune in tomorrow and next week cuz i think there's gonna be some familiar faces coming back

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 02:53 PM
dont'forget james storm and yes beer money inc. will get big i hope they stay in tag though because in tna tag team actually means something i would love it if jacqueline came back as their manager oh well

they are, i heard rumors that Gen Me and MCMG are gonna be in singles but not break up, TNA wants them to be singles to re-build the X-division

thejman93
02-16-2011, 02:53 PM
i think they're in the process of re-building the failing X-Division and Knockouts Division. if you haven't read the spoilers just tune in tomorrow and next week cuz i think there's gonna be some familiar faces coming back

I'm keeping my TNA knowledge dirtsheet free for a while and trying to give it the fairest chance I can to impress me.

HeelTurn
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah the KO division is looking promising, they may even have enough to keep those pointless KO tag belts.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm keeping my TNA knowledge dirtsheet free for a while and trying to give it the fairest chance I can to impress me.

tune in! thats all i can say and the ratings will thank you

ShockMaster
02-16-2011, 03:34 PM

Angle Vs Jarrett
Dudley vs Dudley
Anderson Vs. Hardy
Hardy Vs RVD

Tna sucks, they're the remnants of WCW and now since they have bitchoff and hype hogan they've become the SHITTY part of WCW. Nothing more, they were cool when they had their own talent, and even they suck. Abyss=Kane and mankind ripoff. Aj Styles= Justin Gabriel tier wrestler with better mic skills. They've fully lost all originality.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Tna sucks, they're the remnants of WCW and now since they have bitchoff and hype hogan they've become the SHITTY part of WCW. Nothing more, they were cool when they had their own talent, and even they suck. Abyss=Kane and mankind ripoff. Aj Styles= Justin Gabriel tier wrestler with better mic skills. They've fully lost all originality.

just to let you know, AJ was there wayyyy before gabriel was known to wrestling. so who cares if TNA sucks some of us are tired of watching WWE corporate political BS

Rassling_Fan
02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Aj Styles= Justin Gabriel tier wrestler with better mic skills. They've fully lost all originality.

You do know AJ Styles was wrestling for TNA long before Justin was ever in the WWE, right?

HeelTurn
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
You do know AJ Styles was wrestling for TNA long before Justin was ever in the WWE, right?

AJ was in WCW and WWF before Gabriel was in the WWE lol

Rich Cranium
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM

http://epicself.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/stressed-is-desserts-magnet-c11750035.jpg

Rassling_Fan
02-16-2011, 03:53 PM
AJ was in WCW and WWF before Gabriel was in the WWE lol

I would dare say AJ was wrestling before Justin ever step foot in a ring.

Jaitsu
02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
i just wish people would stop bashing it no matter what they do. if you don't like the TNA Product, don't watch it, theres other alternatives (yeah, i'm cooled down now :P )

Rich Cranium
02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
i just wish people would stop bashing it no matter what they do. if you don't like the TNA Product, don't watch it, theres other alternatives (yeah, i'm cooled down now :P )

Quoted for truth!

ShockMaster
02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
In response to everyone butthurting over my comment, I know Aj has been around longer. What I'm saying is he's nothing special, just a flashy billy kidman fly around guy with mic skills that set him apart by an INCH. Overrated IMO, he'd be midcard at best if he was ever in WWE. Tna is pretty much live botchamania and backyard wrestling with shoddy storylines to keep the average viewer slightly entertained. Enough to get 1.Whatever ratings.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
I would dare say AJ was wrestling before Justin ever step foot in a ring.

oddly Gabriel's been wrestling since 1997, but still never had exposure until last year

Rassling_Fan
02-16-2011, 04:04 PM
oddly Gabriel's been wrestling since 1997, but still never had exposure until last year

There goes an advantage when your pops owns a wrestling organization.

Rich Cranium
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
IMO, he'd be midcard at best if he was ever in WWE.

I give you credit for this part which is unfortunately the truth.

ShockMaster
02-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I give you credit for this part which is unfortunately the truth.

The only real reason I can't stomach TNA is because its the embodiment of every bad part of wrestling that existed from 97-2001. Granted WWE hasn't been the best thing to watch recently but at least vince is trying other shit.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-16-2011, 04:14 PM
There goes an advantage when your pops owns a wrestling organization.

yeah the only place he was really known was in South Africa and Frontier Wrestling Alliance in the UK

SilverGhost
02-18-2011, 12:18 PM

ROH, new alternative?