PDA

View Full Version : The miz and Dolph ziggler, Not reliable champs?

SaberToothTigerz
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Now its good that someone makes a thread different from all the "finally..." and "THE ROCK HAS COME BACK!" threads
but i know alot of u are gonna complain about this because its my opinnion but people have the right to choose in whatever they wanna believe in but this is just a mere opinnion i have on mike mizanin and dolph ziggler...
they both SUCK
i kno alot of hate has gotta be swirling around those head of urs, but when i see the miz i see a guy with "decent" mic skills and an average wrestling background, nothing big i could accept that, but when i look at the miz.....truth be told...i only see a midcarder...the miz HAS to grow on me big time, i doubt the miz is yet to main event wrestlemania, he just uses interference after interference to build him up that's how wwe is doing it, and a match with jerry lawler is understandable i know what approach the wwe is doing right here, but by doing it its making the miz seem like a less reliable champ! i dont care what hopes the wwe has for the miz he just doesnt seem to cut it. Hell i even think john cena has more credibility than the miz, i kno cena's in ring work sucks but still cena was alot more entertaining than the miz in his 2002-2004 doctor of thuganomics chain gang gimmick
And if the miz wasnt bad enough I look at dolph ziggler, and i say...so..from kerwin white's golf buddy to nicky from spirit squad to a guy who had a good ic tittle run now to be dating vickie guerrero and getting shots at edge's world tittle...well i agree dolph is a breeze of "fresh air" but that breeze stinks, so its not very pleasant, and why do I say this..? Because to be in the main event u dont just need to be vince's favorite...well...u do in some way but..u dont just need to have good ring skills...u also need CHARISMA and that's dolph's problem, u see him holding the mic and actually screams whenever someone pisses vickie or insults her like john cena did but dolph has nothing in regards to his mic skills, besides his gimmick is supposed to be what? He just seems so generic.
My problem with the miz and dolph ziggler are as follow
Miz: Non credible champ due to how he is a coward heel and feud with jerry lawler
Facial looks specially haircut doesnt cut it...
Dolph ziggler: Poor mic skills, Little mic air time ( it could improve him alot not just having vickie in his corner )
And a very generic gimmick of a normal guy who stands for nothing and just wants tittles
when we look at former whc and wwe champs we see triple h the king of kings the cerebral assassin we see chris jericho y2j the savior and alot more gimmicks he took in
we see cm punk from his straight edge days to his new nexus heel leader
we see randy orton from the legend killer to the viper a sadistic cold blooded guy with no emotion
we see yet alot of good gimmicks but the miz and dolph ziggler lack one they need it to help themselvs getting a good build up or else in my eyes i will always see the miz and dolph as midcarders for life
now current midcarders who should get the push instead are sheamus and jack awagger, both seem to have at least the body advantage to seem like top guys.

cainecollin
02-15-2011, 04:45 PM
I think Dolph is this generations "Mr Perfect" with Vicki as his "Heenan". While Vicki isn't near as good as Heenan, she does bring is some of (if not the) most heat in the business right now, and Dolph is amazing in the ring. I think with some more air time/longer matches for him will truly allow him to shine and prove that he can make some others that will never make it to the top look good enough for people to care about.

The Miz, reminds me of Honky Tonk Man in regards to the way his title run is going. I don't think it makes for a bad way to build him up, just get's really boring, BUT unlike the Monster heel that can only lose the title via unbelievable or ridiculous (or fluke) circumstances he seems capable (very capable) to lose the title at any moment, making for any sudden title changes off of him believable.

Automatic
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I actually both like them, offcourse they are less credible, but wwe is in a period where they have to push some guys to main event status and quick. Miz is the cocky guy who brags a LOT, but doesn't really back it up and Ziggler I agree he seems generic, but he has Vickie, who does al the talking for him, so there's no need for him to talk, but his matches are good, his character will develop later, maybe when he and Vickie split. And regarding your last sentence: You must be big to be a top guy? What about Shawn Michaels then, CM punk, Angle, Benoit, Jericho?

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I like Ziggler's wrestling ability but there is just something about him that doesn't light a spark for me.

The Miz is good on the mic but after watching last week's Raw, I feel as though Daniel Bryan could have easily owned him which isn't a good thing for a WWE champ, don't get me wrong, Bryan is one of the best technicians, I just think a WWE champ should handle oneself better.

SDR
02-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Alberto Del Rio should become champion at WrestleMania and hold onto it for a while. I do like Dolph Ziggler, but right now, he is not ready. He works hard, but Vickie is the Star of that pairing, perhaps after Summer Slam.

As for the Miz, he shouldn't be holding the title going into WrestleMania, perhaps a feud with John Morrison. A title that might be good for either of them would be King of the Ring, that would establish credibility.

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 06:04 PM
The Miz doesn't seem like a credible champion, and it looks like WWE have lost some faith in him, so they are making him look beatable, whilst slowly building up a feud with Cena at Mania, since they can feed off each other in that match. Dolph Ziggler, though, has the wrestling skills, and is a good talker, but hes not WHC material just yet, and should not headline this year's Mania. With a bit more work on his mic skills, a separation from Vickie, and some main event feuds, he will be ready.

HeelTurn
02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I think theyve both done well in getting fans to forget about their previous gimmicks, The Miz was a diva search host and jobber, and Ziggler was a caddy and Spirit Squad member. Ziggler can be a good champ one day, Miz has always been good on the mic and has put on some good matches so if the WWE has faith in him then I see him becoming a good champ one day to. You have to remember seemingly every wrestler who wins their 1st title looks weak.

SaberToothTigerz
02-15-2011, 07:03 PM
You have to remember seemingly every wrestler who wins their 1st title looks weak.

well yes its true but when like sheamus or jack swagger or batista had their first tittle run i found them to be believable champs who could held the tittle for a pretty darn good time so....idk it rly just depends on how the wrestler is build up first and i'd say miz and dolph just arent ready yet

SaberToothTigerz
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
And regarding your last sentence: You must be big to be a top guy? What about Shawn Michaels then, CM punk, Angle, Benoit, Jericho?

I knew I would get something like this.
I did said a bigger guy makes more of a believable champ and im not tarnishing the reputation of hbk cm punk angle benoit and jericho but just look at how long they took to get the tittle just look for how long they have been in the company
the miz joined at a fairly decent time since like what..? maybe 2006 or 2007?
but dolph came in late 2008 or early 2009 right? i mean as dolph ziggler, dont count him when he was nicky on spirit squad before because he was just a part of a group he wasnt running for any tittle unless a tag team tittle which i dont remember
But what i meant with the last sentence is BIG guys dont need to work so hard to deserve that monster heel or Big face of the company status
just look at lesnar, dominating, powerfull a complete FREAK then look at batista, he made a helluva of an impact turning against evolution and just like that his push went over even more amazingly than cena's and bobby lashley who was just a favorite from the get go but who is a breed between lesnar and batista it is a wrestling version of lesnar but with mic skills as equal or almoust as equal as batista's

Hesterica
02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I like Dolph Ziggler, ever since he started as Dolph Ziggler. He's great in the ring with average mic skills which is compensated by having Vickie, who in my opinion, is the only real wrestling manager right now. Remember when managers weren't really wrestlers or eye candy but can generate tons of heat? (Heenan, Cornette, Capt. Lou, etc).

I do agree with you that he has no clear gimmick. His song, his style, he is the next mr. perfect. But let's tweak it a bit. He strives for perfection instead of actually being perfect. Something to that effect.

Stinger187
02-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Lawler is going to win the WWEC this Sunday and Miz will have his rematch on Monday and Cole will jump in costing lawler the belt setting up the match Cole vs lawler at WM

Rich Cranium
02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Lawler is going to win the WWEC this Sunday and Miz will have his rematch on Monday and Cole will jump in costing lawler the belt setting up the match Cole vs lawler at WM

I don't see it but if it happens, I'll mark out like a little girl when Jerry and the WWE title show up together on the next night's raw!

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't see it but if it happens, I'll mark out like a little girl when Jerry and the WWE title show up together on the next night's raw!

We share the same view on this :D

AGEOFFALL
02-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Ziggler works better as a face than a heel.

The Brown One
02-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Ziggler works better as a face than a heel.

How do we know that, when we have barely, if at all, seen him as a face?

AGEOFFALL
02-16-2011, 01:44 AM
How do we know that, when we have barely, if at all, seen him as a face?

Why I meant to say is that Ziggler would work better as a face.

KYNGDAVE
02-16-2011, 02:38 AM

totally agree

evilgenius780
02-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I too am expecting a one day reign from The King..you can't have him as the champ going in to mania, but the title gets tossed around so much these days, it couldnt hurt to let him have it for a short reign.

thejman93
02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
I too am expecting a one day reign from The King..you can't have him as the champ going in to mania, but the title gets tossed around so much these days, it couldnt hurt to let him have it for a short reign.

Espcially after his mom died. The poor guy needs a nice moment.

Rassling_Fan
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm hoping it is not going to be a one day reign. It would make the Miz less credible and add yet another day reign to it's champion listings. And personally, I would love to see Miz's first reign as WWE Champion last longer then any of the Rock's Individual Reigns.

Awesome
02-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello, I'm a big Miz fan but i think that it is a mistake for him to have matches with Jerry Lawler as it does make him look weak as a champion. I really want to see a big Miz vs Morrison feud. I stayed up to 2 o'clock in the morning to watch Miz vs Morrison last month on Raw and it was IMO a very good match. I would like to see them in a long feud as they have history and to be honest i think it would be a funny feud as some of the stuff they did on the dirt sheet was hilarious. Thank you for reading.