PDA

View Full Version : Tna please sign more legends!!!

ihearvoices
02-15-2011, 12:42 PM
i believe tna should sign more legends like Ric Flair for the solo purpose of Mentoring the younger acts in the company. Look With What Flair did to AJ styles in that short period of time hes been working with him. Thats how legends should be used not Wrestling and fighting for titles. Use them to help build up the future wrestlers of the company...What are your thoughts?

Rassling_Fan
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I disagree with what Flair did to AJ Styles. Sure, his mic work improved, but as champion he was diminished as a Flair clone and after uniting with Immortal was stuck with a TV title. Hopefully the new face turn means we get to see the AJ Styles we want as champion.

As for hiring, I don't think so. TNA already has a roster of talented people that could main event. But they need to start pushing them in order to become their own company. They have Angle already and he's for pushing.

ihearvoices
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I disagree with what Flair did to AJ Styles. Sure, his mic work improved, but as champion he was diminished as a Flair clone and after uniting with Immortal was stuck with a TV title. Hopefully the new face turn means we get to see the AJ Styles we want as champion.

As for hiring, I don't think so. TNA already has a roster of talented people that could main event. But they need to start pushing them in order to become their own company. They have Angle already and he's for pushing.

As far as Aj Styles being a flair clone it was part of the storyline. Im talking more about behind the scenes. Flair helped AJ Styles on his mic skills and it shows. Thats why TNa needs more legends back stage who can Do that with the rest of roster cause right now Tna Wrestler's promos Are lacking That excitement....Their promos are sounding Very Weak!

The New Guy
02-15-2011, 01:04 PM
mmhhhh tricky
I see two issues with signing legends.
1) They want more money than the younger stars. This affects directly the paycheks of the younger guys.
2) TNA tends to put yhis guys in the ring, That sometimes is not bad, but when your show becomes a nostalgia trip you have to start to get worry.
I believe TNA has some of the best legends in the buisness right now (Flair, foley, dreamer, hogan and I will put angle in this list to) so is not like the younger guys lack of mentoring.
I will say no. The money is better invested in the new breed of pro wrestling :)

ihearvoices
02-15-2011, 01:11 PM
mmhhhh tricky
I see two issues with signing legends.
1) They want more money than the younger stars. This affects directly the paycheks of the younger guys.
2) TNA tends to put yhis guys in the ring, That sometimes is not bad, but when your show becomes a nostalgia trip you have to start to get worry.
I believe TNA has some of the best legends in the buisness right now (Flair, foley, dreamer, hogan and I will put angle in this list to) so is not like the younger guys lack of mentoring.
I will say no. The money is better invested in the new breed of pro wrestling :)

You have a point but at the same time Alot of the younger Stars dont know how to cut promos good. This is something that has to be taught and learn After some time. Like i would say hands done TNa have some of the Best in ring talent but when it comes to Entertaining they lack mic skills and thats half of what it takes to put on a good show. And Hogan Is selfish and as for as Dreamer and Flair and Angle i can see them being mentors but you cant have only 3 guys when u have such a full roster like that

Bennyladd1
02-15-2011, 01:26 PM
THE ROCK = bye bye ratings for TNA :)

rko619
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
god no i like watchin legands wrestle agen n all but flair destroyed styles and who wants 2 see good wrestlers get wasted for a year again

The New Guy
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
You have a point but at the same time Alot of the younger Stars dont know how to cut promos good. This is something that has to be taught and learn After some time. Like i would say hands done TNa have some of the Best in ring talent but when it comes to Entertaining they lack mic skills and thats half of what it takes to put on a good show. And Hogan Is selfish and as for as Dreamer and Flair and Angle i can see them being mentors but you cant have only 3 guys when u have such a full roster like that

Cutting a promo is important, in todays world, but are you sure TNA should spend the money they have on signing old guys that charge more than all midcarders?
Maybe the answer will be puting all roster in a classroom and make the few legendsthey have the teachers.
But the money will be better signing indie guys :)

ihearvoices
02-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Cutting a promo is important, in todays world, but are you sure TNA should spend the money they have on signing old guys that charge more than all midcarders?
Maybe the answer will be puting all roster in a classroom and make the few legendsthey have the teachers.
But the money will be better signing indie guys :)

Its not point they have a good enough Roster the problem isnt they need more guys who could Wrestler The issue is the guys they do have cant Cut a promo and it as simple as this you have to spend money to make money. only Reason Flair Ask for so much cause he is Ric Flair plus he Was on tv and Wrestling. Im talking about signing guys just for the backstage so they would be getting paid less then someone who actually on tv wrestling

Rassling_Fan
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Thing is, if they are that good in promo work it would be a waste of time to leave them in the back. For example, Jim Cornette is one of the greatest in cutting a promo. When he was in TNA, they used him as a commissioner (or something). Meanwhile, he helped others on their promo work. In fact, he's helping ROH right now with that.

Too boot, promo training is training through the fire. You can't judge how effective a lesson is unless in front of a crowd.

Daniel Bryan
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
ok from what your saying is spend more money no matter what.... ok go for it and lets see how much that helps and how much money they lose or gain.... i would expect them to lose money... you have to remember this is a business tna does not have near the money as WWE with that in mind they cant use their money like the WWE... last i heard tna was trying to cut some salaries hogan and bischoff are just a few so no i think they should just stick to what they have right now.... to the guy who said bye bye ratings bc of the rock its not the place to say even though i agree but this forum is not about that

Stinger187
02-15-2011, 03:06 PM

nah i dont think so the rock will behere for sweeps and come May be gone!

Justdawg08
02-15-2011, 03:32 PM

Your stupid. I think it will bring more product awareness to wrestling in general, and both companies will see increased ratings. It's not like The Rock is going to be on WWE Superstars making people turn the channel from Impact..

moron.

ihearvoices
02-15-2011, 03:35 PM
ok from what your saying is spend more money no matter what.... ok go for it and lets see how much that helps and how much money they lose or gain.... i would expect them to lose money... you have to remember this is a business tna does not have near the money as WWE with that in mind they cant use their money like the WWE... last i heard tna was trying to cut some salaries hogan and bischoff are just a few so no i think they should just stick to what they have right now.... to the guy who said bye bye ratings bc of the rock its not the place to say even though i agree but this forum is not about that

And They will never have the Money WWe has or had If tna keeps The same state of mind you have not wanting to Spend more money improving their Current Roster instead of spending it on WWe washed up mid-cards and Indie Wrestlers. They have enough Superstars its time to take their roster to the next level improving your superstars will improve their product improving their product will Equal Money!

Daniel Bryan
02-15-2011, 03:51 PM
And They will never have the Money WWe has or had If tna keeps The same state of mind you have not wanting to Spend more money improving their Current Roster instead of spending it on WWe washed up mid-cards and Indie Wrestlers. They have enough Superstars its time to take their roster to the next level improving your superstars will improve their product improving their product will Equal Money!

then why bring people in to teach that costs money this isnt a f*****g charity

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
The problem with TNA acquiring more legends, that can talk well, is that it will go to their heads, and they will most likely want them to show up on tv, and wrestle. They have had their time in the sun, and if they are mentors/trainers to help the younger talent talk(not wrestle, since all of TNA's talent were already wrestlers before they joined TNA), then they should just stay in the back. I'd rather have it not happen. We have had legends like Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, and Ric Flair, who could have, and maybe did teach the younger talent something about cutting a great promo, but then they tarnished their legacies, and lost my respect, when they wrestled again, and took up too much time on tv. So I wouldn't want more legends to join TNA. They could spend that money to go out on the road, or to pay the KOs higher, because they deserve it.

ProWrestlingFan
02-15-2011, 10:33 PM
I dont get it.One minute you want young superstars(And TNA is giving that now).Then you want old washed up ones.Make up your minds kids