PDA

View Full Version : Miz vs. Jerry Lawler at WM 27?

straightedge916
02-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I just thought of a possible way for Jerry to win the title at WrestleMania. What if Jerry wins the title and no later than 20 seconds the winner of the MITB from earlier that night comes out cashes in his briefcase and beats Jerry for the title? then everybody will be happy. Jerry and his fans that want him to hold the WWE belt at least once will be somewhat happy, and it will satisfy the people who think he's too old to hold the belt. what do you guys think?

The New Guy
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
I dont like WWE playing hot pottatoe with the titles.
Jerry is wayy over, but I would not like that a man his age will be able to win a belt from a guy half his age.
It would hurt Miz's credibility (that isn't to high to begin with), and it wouldn't do anything to help Lawler either.
Hopefully the King will face Cole or Riley at 'mania :)

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
It wouldn't even be a worthy title win if the MITB winner cashes in on an old man who has just realized his greatest dream. It would look pathetic. I've said this many times before, I'd rather have Jerry win the title somehow..and then vacate it himself(after giving an explanation that he has accomplished what he set out to do, and that he cannot compete with the competition these days), so that someone else can win it.

The New Guy
02-14-2011, 07:26 PM
It wouldn't even be a worthy title win if the MITB winner cashes in on an old man who has just realized his greatest dream. It would look pathetic. I've said this many times before, I'd rather have Jerry win the title somehow..and then vacate it himself(after giving an explanation that he has accomplished what he set out to do, and that he cannot compete with the competition these days), so that someone else can win it.

I couldn't have said it better. :)

SaberToothTigerz
02-14-2011, 07:28 PM
he's not gonna win guys
cole will interefere at EC then it will be cole with riley in his corner vs jerry the king lawler in a your fired match

FutureEyes
02-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I don't even think there will be money in the bank this year at mania now with the actual ppv, last year was the 1st time they had it & now I think they want it just on the ppv imo. I think they will just have Jerry fight Riley at mania with a story starting with Alex costing King the title at EC. There's been no indication that there will be any MITB match at Mania this year at all, as of now. I can't see them haveing King in a titlematch at Mania, but I can see them letting him have his wrestlemania match & winning against Riley.

SaberToothTigerz
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I don't even think there will be money in the bank this year at mania now with the actual ppv, last year was the 1st time they had it & now I think they want it just on the ppv imo. I think they will just have Jerry fight Riley at mania with a story starting with Alex costing King the title at EC. There's been no indication that there will be any MITB match at Mania this year at all, as of now. I can't see them haveing King in a titlematch at Mania, but I can see them letting him have his wrestlemania match & winning against Riley.

yes agreed mitb wont be there at this year's wmania bcuz of the own gimmick mitb ppv they made which sucks, mitb is a great moment in the wwe and should remain in the ppv card of wrestlemania.
So to replace it the wwe will probably give away long single's matches like cody rhodes vs rey mysterio
wade barrett vs the undertaker with the corre interefering
jerry lawler goodbye match vs michael cole with alex riley
ADR vs edge
miz vs cena and orton vs punk with the new nexus or a fatal 4 way between these 4 guys which seems more likely
a divas battle royal but NO mitb match...

The New Guy
02-14-2011, 07:56 PM
yes agreed mitb wont be there at this year's wmania bcuz of the own gimmick mitb ppv they made which sucks, mitb is a great moment in the wwe and should remain in the ppv card of wrestlemania.
So to replace it the wwe will probably give away long single's matches like cody rhodes vs rey mysterio
ADR vs edge
miz vs cena and orton vs punk with the new nexus or a fatal 4 way between these 4 guys which seems more likely

No MITB!!!
I dont think wwe will let talent like morrison, kofi, truth or DB out of 'mania. So I strongly believe ther will be MITB this year or
They have to come up with a match concept were the upper midcarders have a chance to shine :)

steveorton
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
The fans appreciate the king but he is past his prime and presently and for the future he will never hold that WWE title, no disrespect to the king but I can't see they giving him the title but I could be wrong because I never thought in my wildest dream Santino would be the last person to be eliminated in the Royal Rumble, I'm jus sayin...

hey you guys(and girls)
02-14-2011, 08:34 PM
I just thought of a possible way for Jerry to win the title at WrestleMania. What if Jerry wins the title and no later than 20 seconds the winner of the MITB from earlier that night comes out cashes in his briefcase and beats Jerry for the title? then everybody will be happy. Jerry and his fans that want him to hold the WWE belt at least once will be somewhat happy, and it will satisfy the people who think he's too old to hold the belt. what do you guys think?

Sorry but no this will not happen, please dont make it happen VKM you are not as far gone as some of us might think. I think it will be super cena v C M Punk as the main event i like miz but C M is a bigger draw am just playing! and if your not down with that i got two words for ya switch off

alexrules01
02-15-2011, 06:42 AM
How come everyone thinks that King is going to 'get fired' or have a goodbye match? Sure, i feel its leading to his retirement, but I think he will still commentate.

Snair
02-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Agreed Lawler is a legend but he shouldn't face miz at WM bcuz it would be so predictable.I would rather watch King vs Cole

Tommy Thunder
02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
King looses at EC because of Cole/Riley. setting up Cole/Riley vs Lawler at Mania (side note - Morrison to win at EC to face Miz at Mania).

or

King wins at EC, drops the title to Miz on RAW the next night after interference from Cole/Riley, again setting up King vs Cole/Riley at Mania (same side note).

HeelTurn
02-15-2011, 09:00 AM
ADR vs edge

Gotta disagree, I can see a MITB match at Mania this year. The MITB PPV has a Raw and Smackdown mitb match, Wrestlemania has a cross brand match where the winner can cash in on either show.