PDA

View Full Version : Angle pulls a Gardner at AAO

Trips88
02-14-2011, 02:06 AM
So it appears that at Against All Odds Kurt Angle performed a traditional ceremony commonly seen in the amateur wrestling community in which a competitor unlaces their shoes in the middle of the mat and leaves them there as a symbol of their retirement from the sport. Following in the footsteps of many wrestlers including most notably fellow Gold medalist Rulon Gardner who performed the same ceremony after winning the Bronze medal in Athens in 2004. So what do you think this means for Kurt Angle. Is this the middle of a storyline, the symbol of Angle leaving pro wrestling to spend more time with his new born, or more shockingly Kurt leaving for WWE following Nash and Booker? Thoughts?

Robstar
02-14-2011, 02:15 AM
The WWE part is pure speculation. That's not likely I don't think.

I have an issue with this. Wasn't the stipulation that Kurt's kids get to call JJ daddy now? That's just plain wrong. We have to consider this a big work. Which brings me to my other problem - I am just learning here now that this is an amateur wrestling tradition, so thank you for that, but - if this is a work, then Angle is defecating on this tradition. Unless he is actually leaving wrestling, then of all people, Kurt Angle should know the gravity of all this.
To be honest, if anyone has the class to leave with little fanfare and not on a win, it's the class act that is Kurt Angle. However - if Kurt has honestly signed on to be part of this tumultuous and contentious storyline, I will have lost a LOT of respect for the man. As it is TNA should be ashamed for the family angle ;), but being a company that's proud to have a major known druggie as a champion, little surprises me about TNA these days.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 02:21 AM
I don't think this is the last we will see of Angle in TNA. He might decide to take out JJ at his wedding on Impact, and then the storyline will continue. Kurts getting older, but he can still go, so I don't think he will hang up his boots just yet. Either that, or he will be allowed by Dixie to take some time off to be there for his fiance/wife, and his newborn child. He has said that Dixie will give him time off whenever he needs it.

Robstar
02-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Noooooooooo! Not another wrestling 'wedding' forced upon the viewing public! If Kurt crashed it it would seem he still wanted Karen 'slut' Jangle and that's not the case. I don't think.

Trips88
02-14-2011, 02:36 AM
The WWE part is pure speculation. That's not likely I don't think.

I have an issue with this. Wasn't the stipulation that Kurt's kids get to call JJ daddy now? That's just plain wrong. We have to consider this a big work. Which brings me to my other problem - I am just learning here now that this is an amateur wrestling tradition, so thank you for that, but - if this is a work, then Angle is defecating on this tradition. Unless he is actually leaving wrestling, then of all people, Kurt Angle should know the gravity of all this.
To be honest, if anyone has the class to leave with little fanfare and not on a win, it's the class act that is Kurt Angle. However - if Kurt has honestly signed on to be part of this tumultuous and contentious storyline, I will have lost a LOT of respect for the man. As it is TNA should be ashamed for the family angle ;), but being a company that's proud to have a major known druggie as a champion, little surprises me about TNA these days.

Well glad I could impart some knoweldge :)

If you like Am wrestling at all and you wanna see something truely moving, see if you can find a clip from Rulons final match. It's very touching and I highly recomend a view of it to anyone who likes any kind of sport from baseball to wrestling.
As for Angle, if he did this as part of a storyline then I'm also gonna loose a lot of respect for him. Given there are many people do/have wrestled Am and they already disagree with Angle being a pro wrestler in the first place. I personnaly am not one of those people, but if he's gone and made a mockery of a symbolic event like this then that's just going to far.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Noooooooooo! Not another wrestling 'wedding' forced upon the viewing public! If Kurt crashed it it would seem he still wanted Karen 'slut' Jangle and that's not the case. I don't think.

Unless he attacked Karen too! I didn't want to add that..but I'm sure she could take a bump for a storyline. After all, they are in TNA, and crazy stuff that crosses the line happens often.

K-Jammin
02-14-2011, 06:52 AM
maybe he's feet were just hurting? naa im kidding, im expecting him to retire in about 2/3 months which is sad cause he's been my favorate wrestler in from the last 10 years along with Edge.

Allison
02-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Angle's been using his gold medals as a gimmick his entire professional career. Why would he feel the boots tradition is any more sacred?

alexrules01
02-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Angle's been using his gold medals as a gimmick his entire professional career. Why would he feel the boots tradition is any more sacred?

He doesnt use the medal as joke though, its his bragging rights, and it can generate heat or repsect, depending on his alignment. For what he did, I feel TNA pressured him into doing it for storyline purposes, as he said he would do pretty much anything for TNA. Wish he was hanging up his TNA boots though, and donning once again his WWE boots :)

Allison
02-14-2011, 07:46 AM
In WWE he used his medals to further storylines several times. Austin throwing them in the river etc. Isn't that basically the same thing he's doing with the boots now?

Bodom
02-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Why should we even care when he just returned from a self-imposed retirement?

Stinger187
02-14-2011, 09:00 AM
there is no line crossing here! The line is a dot to TNA!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Are we supposed to believe that Kurt is done for real this time when he just came back from a self-imposed retirement? No, I think Kurt's gonna come back, it's just to add fuel to the fire in the storyline, it ca'nt just end like this, even if it's TNA

CobraNightviper
02-14-2011, 10:55 AM
what Jarrett won again tna really does suck now I didn't even watch it last night and now i'm glad I didn't from what iv'e read about it.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-14-2011, 11:31 AM
J-E-Double-F, J-A-Double-R, E-Double-T reminds me a lot of HHH. If you and your daddy created the company I guess you have every right to win and lose as you wish.

on topic- Kurt Angle can do damn near anything he wants, he's that good. And if that means he takes his boots off in the ring for some storyline then so be it. ITS A F"N SHOW PEOPLE, its not real. I think it makes for just another angle in an already great pro rasslin angle that has been done before but at least there are a few twist and turns this time around.

U MAD???

Daniel Bryan
02-14-2011, 11:39 AM
sorry for going off topic but I hate this storyline.... bringing real life into wrestling is a no no imo I don't mind the boots but Karen jangle needs to stay out of wrestling and off tv.... F*** the jarretts

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-14-2011, 12:12 PM
sorry for going off topic but I hate this storyline.... bringing real life into wrestling is a no no imo I don't mind the boots but Karen jangle needs to stay out of wrestling and off tv.... F*** the jarretts

I think someone needs advice from Yoda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFnFr-DOPf8

U MAD???

Lance Storm
02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
From reading around, he is sickened by this angle with JJ and Karen and that it is making him look like a deadbeat dad. On the other hand, he must've signed off on this angle to begin with. I think he is done with TNA.

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't care if it isn't real, or if it's storyline. The point is, the storyline is dissrespectful to Angle and making him look like a defeated and broken man. I really do hope that he's done with TNA. Hope he goes back to WWE with a lighter schedule so that he can see out his career in style and on top of the world in front of thousands in attendance and millions watching around the world. In plain words, I want to see the wrestling God that is Kurt Angle bow out of wrestling at Wrestlemania.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
well Kurt just tweeted Had a great match at PPV "Against All Odds". Thank you to the fans who watched it. The fans keep me going. Without you, I would Retire:)

you can read his stuff on twitter @anglefoods1

RedDevilSativa
02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
i really hope to see kurt angle come home to the wwe and maybe after this disgusting storyline he will be tempted to jump ship

SevenCagedTigers
02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
As it is TNA should be ashamed for the family angle ;), but being a company that's proud to have a major known druggie as a champion, little surprises me about TNA these days.

Alleged. Innocent until proven guilty my friend.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't care if it isn't real, or if it's storyline. The point is, the storyline is dissrespectful to Angle and making him look like a defeated and broken man.

Amen brother.

Robstar
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Alleged. Innocent until proven guilty my friend.

I think you're conveniently overlooking his past violations and storied history of failed tests. First in 2003 - http://gamingring.com/forum/showthread.php?19575-Huge-News-WWE-Fired-Jeff-Hardy-Due-To-Failed-Drug-Test
then again in 2008 - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/902759/Jeff-Hardy-suspended-for-failing-drugs-test.html
Not to mention the videos and TNA live events where he's clearly been high, I applaude you for defending your comic book crush but the man is a user and needs serious help.

Watch out for Jeff soon on Celebrity Rehab!

samoan619
02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
I think you're conveniently overlooking his past violations and storied history of failed tests. First in 2003 - http://gamingring.com/forum/showthread.php?19575-Huge-News-WWE-Fired-Jeff-Hardy-Due-To-Failed-Drug-Test
then again in 2008 - http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/902759/Jeff-Hardy-suspended-for-failing-drugs-test.html
Not to mention the videos and TNA live events where he's clearly been high, I applaude you for defending your comic book crush but the man is a user and needs serious help.

Watch out for Jeff soon on Celebrity Rehab!

Well said Robstar. But back to the topic at hand, I would really like to see Angle in the WWE again.. Angle vs Swagger or even Angle and Swagger together should be a mix in itself..

Robstar
02-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Well said Robstar. But back to the topic at hand, I would really like to see Angle in the WWE again.. Angle vs Swagger or even Angle and Swagger together should be a mix in itself..

You're gonna cop hellfire for suggesting this on this site, but I happen to think they'd be great together. Some people have no vision

Necroyeti
02-14-2011, 07:57 PM
BREAKING TNA SPOILERS GUYS
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg612/scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=7xvzi.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
Yeah I don't know either, looks funny.

Robstar
02-14-2011, 07:59 PM
BREAKING TNA SPOILERS GUYS
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg612/scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=7xvzi.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
Yeah I don't know either, looks funny.

It's the new segment, Samoa Joe's Tiki Torch Porch. ;)

Rich Cranium
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Kurt wasn't 'forced' into this storyline and I hear Jeff and Kurt have a good working relationship and it's not real life! It's a SOAP OPERA!

Robstar
02-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Kurt wasn't 'forced' into this storyline and I hear Jeff and Kurt have a good working relationship and it's not real life! It's a SOAP OPERA!

I would bloody well hope so, they must have really talked things out. But I think Kurt dodged a bullet getting rid of Karen. Still, I'm surprised Kurt would go with the kids angle and I sort of have lost respect for him for that. It's just not setting a very good example, now all the Impact Barn fans will think it's a legit way to solve problems and family situations back in their trailer parks.

This angle = Jerry Springer

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 08:44 PM

I approve.

Trips88
02-15-2011, 01:26 AM
You guys who keep saying it's just a television show and it's fake and you have a point BUT the boot's thing is disrespectful if it's just a storyline because its actually a well respected tradition. You can't compare it to other angles that are run in pro wrestling because they aren't the same. It's not like your gonna see dead beat dads on a site like this going "hey that angle is disrespectful to what I represent!" Just sayin.

Robstar
02-15-2011, 01:38 AM
You guys who keep saying it's just a television show and it's fake and you have a point BUT the boot's thing is disrespectful if it's just a storyline because its actually a well respected tradition. You can't compare it to other angles that are run in pro wrestling because they aren't the same. It's not like your gonna see dead beat dads on a site like this going "hey that angle is disrespectful to what I represent!" Just sayin.

Look Trips, I'm probably the biggest person on here to highlight the division of real/fake when it comes down to brass tacks. But some things I feel are sacred, and the amateur wrestling tradition is something, I think, shouldn't be sullied by such a display.

But I am also a full time solo dad. Men get a bad enough rap as it is, as fathers, in the courts. So I am very passionate about this issue. TNA have taken it WAY beyond, Katie Vick beyond. I really am surprised by Angle, yet support him for being a company man, doing the job and taking what may come.

It's just that both at once? Unecessary, I think.

samoan619
02-15-2011, 03:31 AM

i hope they dont really have a segment called the tiki torch porch lmao.. that would take the beast out of the samoa joe persona.. what is TNA doing?? lololol smh

samoan619
02-15-2011, 04:20 AM
You're gonna cop hellfire for suggesting this on this site, but I happen to think they'd be great together. Some people have no vision

No vision at all.. With time great things come though, So who knows..

Trips88
02-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Look Trips, I'm probably the biggest person on here to highlight the division of real/fake when it comes down to brass tacks. But some things I feel are sacred, and the amateur wrestling tradition is something, I think, shouldn't be sullied by such a display.

But I am also a full time solo dad. Men get a bad enough rap as it is, as fathers, in the courts. So I am very passionate about this issue. TNA have taken it WAY beyond, Katie Vick beyond. I really am surprised by Angle, yet support him for being a company man, doing the job and taking what may come.

It's just that both at once? Unecessary, I think.

Agreed. O and I'm sorry if I offended you or anything with the dead beat dad thing. That comment really was just directed at dead beat dads and I'm sure your a great father. My point was that your not gonna see people defend the other real life aspects of angles as much as others. Like your not like your not gonna see someone with illegally tags (spray paints) buildings come on here and complain about DX copying them lol

Allison
02-15-2011, 06:11 AM
So what happens if Russo books this feud to climax with Jarrett crucifying Angle? Does Kurt get mad, stomp out of the building and threaten to sue everyone? Just asking. :D

http://i55.tinypic.com/6th1s3.jpg

(I think I've seen this storyline before)

The Brown One
02-15-2011, 06:46 AM
So what happens if Russo books this feud to climax with Jarrett crucifying Angle? Does Kurt get mad, stomp out of the building and threaten to sue everyone? Just asking. :D

He won't do that, because hes a Christian now..I think. If he did, you know theres not going to be many complaints, as most of the people who watch TNA are teens/adults anyway, so they won't be bothered with a little swearing, or even blasphemy.

Trips88
02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
He won't do that, because hes a Christian now..I think. If he did, you know theres not going to be many complaints, as most of the people who watch TNA are teens/adults anyway, so they won't be bothered with a little swearing, or even blasphemy.

Hope they wont be bothered by going to hell either! lol

Allison
02-16-2011, 04:33 AM

It suppposedly offended the ECW audiance but you think it wouldn'tt the ones in TNA?

The Brown One
02-16-2011, 04:50 AM
It suppposedly offended the ECW audiance but you think it wouldn'tt the ones in TNA?

Really? With all the Holy Shi* chants in ECW I would think otherwise. So I guess only a small portion of the people who watch TNA will be offended.

Allison
02-16-2011, 08:38 AM
Really? With all the Holy Shi* chants in ECW I would think otherwise. So I guess only a small portion of the people who watch TNA will be offended.

the incident im refering to was an old angle between Sandman and raven, where Raven turned sandmans family against him. At some point they brought out a wooden cross and crucified Sandman at the side of the ring. Kurt angle was there that night, this was right after the Olympics (I think) and he's Jewish as was offended and threatened to Sue ECW if they used any footage of him from that show, or even mentioned his name on the air. they he left... MAD! Paule E made Raven come out and apoligize to the ECW arena crowd lmao!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEwyLIiSlAs

EDIT: Better clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2A-gjr104I&NR=1

Robstar
02-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Well Angle appeared on Impact so I'm wondering what the point of the boots thing was