PDA

View Full Version : ~The Official Cruiserweight/Lightheavyweight Title Thread~

Robstar
02-14-2011, 12:45 AM
For a company with 4 Heavyweight titles, not having a Cruiserweight/Lightheavyweight title is a little bit ludicrous. It was an acceptable move to merge the tag titles, but I firmly believe this issue needs to be addressed and rectified soon.

The mid-low card snorefest (I'm looking at you Superstars) could be brought back from the dead and the WWE could have something to rival TNA's X-Division (not that that is much these days). So what if certain wrestlers don't get to compete for them? Don't they get enough time in the spotlight?

Thoughts?:confused:

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 01:47 AM
I voted for Cruiserweight title. Firstly, it sounds much better to me than Light Heavyweight. And secondly, if the light heavyweight title was reintroduced, then superstars a bit heavier than cruiserweights, who are close to winning a world title but can't e.g. Dolph Ziggler, and John Morrison, will always be holding this belt. They may even hold it like Dolph did the IC title- for months, thus the smaller talent wouldn't get their shot. If it was a cruiserweight title, then they could put more emphasis that it is a title for the smaller talent, like Yoshi, Rey, Trent, and Bourne. Most of the smaller talent are usually ignored on the show, and if the cruiserweight title was revived, then I think that they would get a chance to shine, and possibly have the best matches of the night.

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 03:27 AM
I can't stress how many times I've pitched this idea!! It's definitely something that WWE need to at least consider doing. The mid-card roster is jam-packed with talented guys who are either stuck on Superstars or jobbing their asses off!! Also, having smaller guys competing for the Heavyweight title s something that fans don't like to see *coughReyMysteriocough*.
You only have to look at the earlier years of TNA where the main focus was on their X Division. Fans loved it, and were treated to awesome matches. WWE have the talent to make a similar division.
On RAW you have the likes of: Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, John Morrison, Primo, R Truth, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu and Zach Ryder. On Smackdown you have guys like: Chavo Guerrero, Christian, Justin Gabriel, Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio and Trent Barreta. Put all these guys in a division and you have the potential to have incredible matches.
You could even use Superstars as a show especially for this division. It would give people a reason to watch it and bring in ratings. It would also mean that your 'jobbers' (or Superstars wrestlers) would have more of a chance to be used on RAW or Smackdown as a lot of free space would be made by using Superstars for this new division.
I don't mind which belt they bring back (LH or Cruiserweight), as long as they bring one back. The Criusierweight is probably the one I'd prefer to see back. But I do think that WWE definitely need another belt, as their rosters have too many guys who aren't used properly.

Kashdinero
02-14-2011, 03:29 AM
I voted both, as they're both titles for smaller wrestler's, just with different names.

The more titles for smaller wrestler's the more smaller wrestler's.

I won't be holding my breath though!

PandaMassacre
02-14-2011, 05:40 AM
I picked both. That way two stars can be spotlighted at the same time. If this ever did happen I would want to see Evan Bourne, and Yoshitatsu go up against eachother. I would also like to see Rey Mysterio return to his division an stop with that whole underdog thing which I believe is a more suitable title for Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston or Yoshitatsu at this point. I am still a Mysterio fan though.

CMhuw24
02-14-2011, 06:27 AM
I beleive the cruiserweight would be awesome to come back, maybe they can actually do things with smaller people now.

HeelTurn
02-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Yes yes, dear God yes. The last ever Cruiserweight champ was Hornswoggle, this was the title held by the likes of Jericho, Mysterio, Chavo, Kidman etc. I would like to see it like the X Division title, No weight limits, yet always features the smaller wrestlers. Barretta, Hawkins, Chavo, Bourne, Kidd, Yoshi, Gabriel, even the likes of Kofi and Rey to add some credibility to the belt would make this great.

K-Jammin
02-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Light-Heavyweight title on Raw, Cruiserweight title on Smackdown. Done :)

TJHawkesybaby
02-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Light-Heavyweight title on Raw, Cruiserweight title on Smackdown. Done :)

Good shout Gordon Ramsey ;)!

mikeofiowa
02-14-2011, 08:21 AM
honestly if there were to bring a belt in there's no way they could bring back both. If you think about it honestly theres not enough guys for 2 more belts, but 1 though would be good. I think they could bring back the cruiserweight championship and just make it a universal belt (meaning both shows it can be defended). Also hire some more guys and make it be a big division. Also cruiserweight title matches was the only time 12 guys could fight in a match at the same time and not have it be a clusterfuck like some stuff today. Anyways i'd be all for bringing back the cruiserweight title. Unfortunately I dont see it happening as to me the legacy was tarnished by Hornswoggle.

merhardt03
02-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately I dont see it happening as to me the legacy was tarnished by Hornswoggle.

I voted neither, & this guy said it all as to why with the last sentence. I like the Superstars idea with title being universal, but that just wont happen.

K-Jammin
02-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Good shout Gordon Ramsey ;)!

haha gordon ramsey, i like that

Pittbull
02-14-2011, 10:36 AM
They need to bring back something, the titles are getting choked up now, especially if there pushing more people into the title frame. A lightweight/cruiserweight belt is a must, but give it a sexier name like the X division, and design a match type like the ultimate x match to give the highflyers something to work with!

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Here's what WWE needs to do.

1 main title = WWE World Heavyweight Title
3 'mid-card' belts = Intercontinental Title, US Title, and Cruiserweight Title
1 Divas Title (I'd prefer if they kept the Women's belt though)
1 Tag team Titles

This way WWE satisfies the roster's needs, and no talent should be wasted.

TheBoogeyMan
02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
1. Unify the WWE and World titles.
2. Unify the US and Intercontinental and rename it WWE TV title (This would be defended solely on TV)
3. Bring back the Cruiserweight division and make it like the X division with regular defenses weekly and a specialty match much like Ult. X monthly.
4. Improve the tag team division. (Yeah I know....a pipe dream)
5. One womens title
6. Introduce a womens tag team title since there are so many Divas not really getting to shine.
7. Bring in Stars from AAA, CMLL, EMLL, New Japan, All Japan....and let them flourish in the re-introduced cruiserweight division with a few shining in the heavyweight division.

Thoughts???

therealdegenerate
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
come on guys, your living in a past that is dead. The days of specialization in any division in the wwe is over, if you can get over quickly then you can hold a title. It is that damn simple. No more cruiserweights or light heavyweights, that was 10 years ago, just keep doing what there doing.

thejman93
02-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I voted for the cruiserweight belt to come back but the best option would be to combine the two into somthing similar to the X division.

Rich Cranium
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Cruiserweight FTW! They could even have their own show via Superstars which would totally have me and many others tuning in, thereby increasing the ratings! I say Cruiserweights only as adding lightweights would water down the prestige ala WWE/WHC but that's my opinion only!

Robstar
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
1. Unify the WWE and World titles.
2. Unify the US and Intercontinental and rename it WWE TV title (This would be defended solely on TV)
3. Bring back the Cruiserweight division and make it like the X division with regular defenses weekly and a specialty match much like Ult. X monthly.
4. Improve the tag team division. (Yeah I know....a pipe dream)
5. One womens title
6. Introduce a womens tag team title since there are so many Divas not really getting to shine.
7. Bring in Stars from AAA, CMLL, EMLL, New Japan, All Japan....and let them flourish in the re-introduced cruiserweight division with a few shining in the heavyweight division.

Thoughts???

I think the Television title is a cheap idea. Never liked it, even way back in the NWA days - to me it was as bad as the six man tag titles.
Also unfortunately WWE has no clue what to do with the non english speaking foreign guys. They have a tendency to waste them

The New Guy
02-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I know that I'm the minority here. And this post should be also on the unpopular opinnion but...
I voted neither. I feel a cruiserwight or lightweight title limitate the wrestlers.
If those titles were to exist, we will never see guys like morrison, bourne, DB as world champs
I will prefer something like de division x in tna. For everybody if they have a high risk style :)

Lance Storm
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
This is getting old. Everybody wants a Cruiserweight Division. But one belt, one champion! This brand stuff is so damn old and needs to end.

xAzureSkye
02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
they really should bring back the Cruiserweight Title and have it defended on both brands so that wrestlers like Yoshi, Zack, Evan, Trent & Primo are not always appearing on WWE Superstars every week for no reason.. & who knows, maybe Kong & Beth Phoenix could compete for the title, i mean, Medusa & Jacqueline have held the Cruiserweight Championship before