PDA

View Full Version : Good ppv

Stinger187
02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
I thought it was about7/10! Besides the street fight! The ladder match was good!

nrb6304
02-13-2011, 11:15 PM
I disagree. As a guy whose normally PRO-TNA tonight was quite boring. IDK why I just thought it was.
Actually the street fight was my favorite match.

LIE!

The knockouts match was. Tazz made the entire PPV with his line "I'd love to take that move from her!" hahaha.

The ending of the ladder match SHOULD'VE been awesome! But shit happens. Nobody to blame there just a hard spot to pull off

Bodom
02-13-2011, 11:21 PM
It's funny/sad that Anderson won the title in an unadvertised match and then lost the title at the following PPV that was promoted for a total of 5 minutes.

Robstar
02-13-2011, 11:26 PM
A clear sign TNA were covering their asses with Hardy, now his court has been postponed a little while longer, they feel free to put the belt back on him.

Yes. That's how much they think of you, Ken Anderson!

All your eggs in one basket anyone?

Rassling_Fan
02-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Didn't watch it, but a friend of mine on another forum did. Didn't like all except the first match, didn't even comment on the Ray/Devon or Matt/RVD match, and said "But doesn't matter, because everything Fortune did was rendered moot by the end of the night."

Necroyeti
02-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Kaz/E was prob match of the night.
Matt/RVD was surprisingly great.
Angle/Jarrett was okay I guess, got a little silly toward the end.
Joe/Pope was also alright, those guys could do better though.
The knockouts, 6man tag and Ray/Devon matches were all train-wrecks. Not PPV quality at all, should've been impact matches.
The Hardy/Anderson ladder match wasn't well worked at all, pretty boring main event I thought.

Overall 3/10. Silly booking, shit finishes and tons of botches made an average PPV seem much worse.

Bodom
02-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Matt/RVD was surprisingly great..

..............*confused*

WWTNA Mark
02-14-2011, 12:01 AM
The Kurt Angle and Jeff Jerrett match made me sick. I could't even watch it. The storyline went from being intense to just overkill.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Dude RVD actually puts on decent matches sometimes. For a 40 year old hes still really fit. I blame Matt Hardy and his big belly for slowing down what could be a faster-paced match.

InfoWarrior
02-14-2011, 04:42 AM
i really got to see this PPV mainly becuase of the "great" reviews here. i wasnt even gonna watch this ppv, but now my curiosity is going crazy now. could end up being a waste of time, but oh well f**k it.

sXeKid
02-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Frakensteiner was pretty sweet
Next PPV will have AJ in the title match bet $5 on that :)

HeelTurn
02-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Crap, sorry but no AJ, a stupid storyline with Jeff/Angle, a pointless 6 man tag, Jeff regains the belt and most importantly Mickie is not the KO champ.
The ladder match and X Division matches were ok, and at least Joe got a win.

Stinger187
02-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Going from what we seen the last year that's why I gave it a 7/10! I thought the ladder match was the best match of the night! Just say!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I thought the PPV was pretty good. Could it have been better, hell yes, but for TNA it was good. Jeff botching at the end kind of sucked as he was supposed to fall with the title but I digress. TNA is getting better. I wise man once told me you have to crawl before you walk.

U MAD???

SevenCagedTigers
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Didn't watch it, but a friend of mine on another forum did. Didn't like all except the first match, didn't even comment on the Ray/Devon or Matt/RVD match, and said "But doesn't matter, because everything Fortune did was rendered moot by the end of the night."

Begrudginly, I must admit the Matt Hardy/RVD match was excellent. It was good to see Matt Hardy using new moves. Anything he did on the mic was stupid, and the "Cold Blood" gimmick isn't catching up with me. It just seems like one of those stupid ideas WWE management wouldv'e thrown away.

AJ Styles coming out to support Beer Money Inc. despite not being advertised for the show was great, it showed unity for Fourtune.

The Angle/Jarret match was great, and highly emotional. For a moment you really got a sense of "Angle will NEVER lose this match because he wants custody of his kids". So when the fluke finish came, it made it all the more gut-wrenching.

Devon/Bully Ray was equally emotionally involving. For a moment, you thought TNA would pull one of its idiot swerves and have Devon's kids turn on him, but the subsequent powerbomb through the table looked sick. The match itself was just your standard ECW style street fight, but the psychology made it worth investing in.

The Knockouts match was garbage because they used the same finish theyve been using for months now, Madison Rayne used a foreign object to obtain the win. There were some moments when you really believed this should be the moment for Mickie James to win. The crowd was behind her, she had overcome all the obstacles, so I don't see why they didn't give her the victory after so many failed title matches.

Joe/Pope had some good psychology as well, it painted Pope as a coward who backstabs, and is willing to tap just to not suffer in a match. But wtf is up with Joe's asian assistant? Joe is supposed to be a monster, why is he carrying around a tiny masked asian? This just seems homo erotic to me.

Hardy/Anderson had some of the sickest spots Ive ever seen in a ladder match, Im sorry to say Jeff earned his drugs after that one, because those falls were sick. The botched ending doesn't take away from how innovative that match was.

Overall it was a great PPV. I noticed that TNA PPV's don't suck as much as IMPACT! because IMPACT! has about an hour's worth of promos and bullshit. Thankfully, Bischoff/Hogan/Crazy Old Man Flair got no promo time, so I think thats why I was able to enjoy this PPV

SevenCagedTigers
02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
The Kurt Angle and Jeff Jerrett match made me sick. I could't even watch it. The storyline went from being intense to just overkill.

Yeah, there were some moments where you were just like, "Holy crap, is this going to turn into spousal abuse?" I mean the intensity of Angle telegraphed well, but too well I thought. If that makes any sense. It just seemed like there were moments where Angle might snap and beat Karen, it was uncomfortable to watch

Necroyeti
02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Begrudginly, I must admit the Matt Hardy/RVD match was excellent. It was good to see Matt Hardy using new moves. Anything he did on the mic was stupid, and the "Cold Blood" gimmick isn't catching up with me. It just seems like one of those stupid ideas WWE management wouldv'e thrown away.
It was a really good match, and "Fatt Hardy" was actually in great shape. (didn't stop the children on the stream's chat from making unfunny fat jokes, mind) Sure, RVD still wrestled the same match he's been doing for 13+ years now, but hey, if it ain't broke...

Stinger187
02-14-2011, 03:16 PM
It was a really good match, and "Fatt Hardy" was actually in great shape. (didn't stop the children on the stream's chat from making unfunny fat jokes, mind) Sure, RVD still wrestled the same match he's been doing for 13+ years now, but hey, if it ain't broke...

the street fight to me was a piss/smoke break! And Matt hardy did look like he lost his gut!

Mikeyboy7777777
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
the biggest wow i got of the night was the selling that the twin sons of d-von did i mean they can really get a move over honestly i didn't think 15/16 year old twins could do this but well i hope they get into wrestling and that d-von turns them into the next team 3d like he told us but i'm curious about how they will be used next impact/ppv etc.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
A clear sign TNA were covering their asses with Hardy, now his court has been postponed a little while longer, they feel free to put the belt back on him.

Yes. That's how much they think of you, Ken Anderson!

All your eggs in one basket anyone?

oddly Jeff's due back in court Wednesday bad move Russo

THEKEVINBRAND
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
here's an article I wrote about it here: http://www.wrestlingvoice.net/2011/02/tna-against-all-odds-2011-reactions/

Lowki
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Umm...i thought that was one of the worst PPVs that TNA has put out in a LONG time. Was really glad i didn't pay for that. It just lacked, everything. Joe v Pope SHOULD'VE been good but it wasn't. Not even kurt could make Jarrett look good and for a stipulation that was supposed to be so personal, the match lacked any kind of emotion besides the ending when Kurt's shoes made their debut =/

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
oddly Jeff's due back in court Wednesday bad move Russo

We all know whats going to happen. The court date will be pushed back..again.

XXG392
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM

There were too many interferences from Karen to make the match enjoyable

THEKEVINBRAND
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM

this thing's never gonna end

Rich Cranium
02-14-2011, 10:50 PM

Possible but what if this is the real deal?

Bodom
02-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Then we laugh.

Hard.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 10:52 PM

It won't be, trust me. If it was, why would TNA put the title back on him? It was said that they took it off him because they thought he would go to prison for a while..that obviously didn't happen, and theres another court date coming up, so if they put the title back on him, they obviously know that the date is going to be pushed back...........yet again.

red-fishy
02-15-2011, 04:40 AM
the last knockout standing match sucked

Rassling_Fan
02-15-2011, 09:17 AM
(Source (http://prowrestling.about.com/b/2011/02/14/tna-against-all-odds-2011-ppv-recap-and-results.htm))

What does this event mean for the future?
This PPV event was an infomercial you had to pay for to hype a free episode of TNA:iMPACT! taking place on March 3. That edition of TNA:iMPACT! is going to feature the judge's ruling in the battle for control of TNA that is going on between Hulk Hogan and Dixie Carter. It is also going to feature the renewal of the wedding vows between Jeff and Karen Jarrett with Kurt Angle being forced to walk Karen down the aisle. The one thing that might not be on this episode of the show is the World Heavyweight Champion. Jeff Hardy will be in court on Wednesday in regards to the drug charges he was arrested on in 2009. According to the District Attorney, there is a plea deal currently being worked on.
I have a feeling that TNA has some knowledge about the way this case may work out. A best case plea scenario for Jeff is a suspended sentence that might impact his ability to leave the state of North Carolina. The special edition of TNA:iMPACT! marks only the second time the show has been filmed outside of the iMPACT! Zone. Coincidentally, the show will be filmed in North Carolina.

Overall Thoughts
I feel like I just watched a WCW PPV event from the dying days of that company. Two matches in a row ended with a father crying in the ring about the fate of his children. Two matches had confusing endings as Bully Ray won his match pinning someone that wasn't a participant in it while Madison Rayne ended her match by trying to pin Mickie James in a match where pin falls didn't count.
The event began with a match ending in a forfeit because two of the wrestlers had travel issues. It ended with a botched maneuver. Nothing in between was that much better. The luckiest men in the company might be Generation Me as they were spared from watching the show due to their travel problems. As you could probably tell, I hated this show and if you didn't order it you made a wise decision.

Hearing this and my friends thoughts (he gave it a 5/10), this sounds really bad despite the two highlights.