PDA

View Full Version : The Rated R, maybe slighty pg Superstar EDGE!

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Let's face it. Adam 'Edge' Copeland has cemented himself into the main event scene in the WWE in which he is currently staying cozy in. It wasn't too long ago that he was a slender-framed (later VERY muscular) blonde with a hilarious personality that was rivaled with his kayfabe brother, Christian. They, along with other familiar faces revolutionized what I believe are the greatest match-styles I've seen in a while. Edge then later went in pursuit of a singles career an within this career accomplished a lot of great things. Storyline delivery being one of those things. He is still in the same position today. I made this thread so we could discuss The Rated R superstars career. If there is already a thread in which consists of the same thing, and all things Edge-related then feel free to tell me an link me so I could contribute to another forum that is created by a fellow EdgeHead.

Side Note: Did anyone expect Edge to dance & sing with Jillian on that Raw Roulette segment??

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 02:25 PM
PG screwed Edge xD

Ruggy
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Again, he isn't one of my personal favourites, but he has accomplished alot. Don't forget, he has been in the WWE for well over 10 years now. He has been one of the few guys who isn't muscled bound to actually make it.

IrkenInvader
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
PG screwed Edge xD

No Lita screwed Edge. In the middle of the ring.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
No Lita screwed Edge. In the middle of the ring.

Not really....

Robstar
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Aside from random periods of injury, I think Edge has done extremely well in and for WWE. He's not too egotistical to have a problem with putting someone over and make them look good while doing it - you can't say that for a lot of the top guys. His abilty to sell is not restricted to in-ring action; he's also exceptional on the mic and in backstage bits - I love what he and Zack Ryder are doing and I am hoping it is going to head somewhere.

I think his smaller frame (that is, not being at all bulky, but more athletic) obviously hasn't held him back in a company well known for it's muscle preference. I'd even go so far for crediting him, by speaking volumes through actions, of convincing Vince and the other higher ups of WWE that a smaller build can actually work.

I'd would love to see him do a program with Christian in the main event. And for those of us that like Christian, credit to Edge is due, since he helped convince WWE to bring him back. I also think he would make the perfect transition to manager one day and/or head up another stable, as we've seen him do in the past. He is a TRUE tweener, able to be booed and cheered at the same time - but it's still a pop right?

One of the things I respect most about Edge is his abilty to read the crowd and play on it. One thing I am a bit over is his "crazy-eyes" - almost as hard to stomach as "Psycho-Orton-Mode" - now there's a guy who could have learnt more from Edge, acting wise (although Orton has gotten better). I would even like to see Edge reform Rated RKO or team with Jericho again, maybe with Christain. Yeah, the Canadian Connection or something

DXsuckit
09-14-2010, 03:04 PM
hes not my fav star but he is fun to watch hes gonna be the one to expose the GM. ya pg has screwed him he is a big rated R bad guy and should be kept as such. i dropped my jaw when it showed him dancing and singing with killian total shocker.

Daniel Bryan
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I honestly use to hate Edge but he grew on me and im a full out Edge head I even read his book a few months ago. The guys character is awesome when he started to go face for 3 weeks I was looking forward to it because i thought he would be a pretty good face also but WWE cant make up there mind so he is still heel but Im still 100% Edge head.

.... You think you know me

scobie
09-14-2010, 03:10 PM
best moment was his spear off the ladder to jeff, then his rumble return in january

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 03:22 PM
The only thing I want to see from Edge is a match against Christian.

jcdirk41
09-14-2010, 03:24 PM
edge is like a mid card wrestler now. thats it he is fighting with the great khali. that is a slap in his face to fight somebody that sucks.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
edge is like a mid card wrestler now. thats it he is fighting with the great khali. that is a slap in his face to fight somebody that sucks.

I don't think WWE will downgrade Edge. More or less...Upper Mid card.

Edge vs Christian TLC match at Wrestlemania!

jcdirk41
09-14-2010, 03:48 PM
his main event status is done. He wont win the title again.he might as well go for the united states championship. or have wwe switch hime to smackdown again, but that wont happen.

Justdawg08
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Might not be the most popular thing to say but Edge is just looking sluggish and pudgier these days.

He doesn't have the build he quite had, I think he is lazy these days.

I watch him on RAW and he doesn't even give it his all it seems. I mean when's the last time we seen a good Edge match? anybody?

KSTornado
09-14-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm thinking he is done in about a year and a half. I think he will have this Wrestlemania and then one more. He is one injury away from being gone for good. I'd look for a Christian/Edge Wrestlemania in a year and a half ina TLC match to go out on.

He has though made a huge impact in the wrestling business. Edge/Christian vs The Hardy Boyz in TLC matches back in the '90's were some of the greatest matches to watch. They really did sacrifice their bodies to entertain and that is what I respect about them. As for a future though, I do think he will soon be gone once these new guys get some experience in them.

djsoulslayer
09-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I love Edge. He is a great in-ring competitor and wrestling personality, but it seems like he is phsyically deteriorating in front of us. I don't think Edge is going to wrestling very much longer. It is really a shame too because he isn't even that old. Something tells me that maybe he is becoming a little bored in the WWE.

Robstar
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Edge has been given the crappy Khali program because it's so crowded and messy at the top and WWE is scrambling for ideas to fix it. 'Not main event status', yet in the main event at the next PPV? They are keeping him in reserve, I don't think he'll win the title at NOC however.

I'm looking forward to the (possible) title unifications and a new era where feuds are built on personality disputes.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Edge has been given the crappy Khali program because it's so crowded and messy at the top and WWE is scrambling for ideas to fix it. 'Not main event status', yet in the main event at the next PPV? They are keeping him in reserve, I don't think he'll win the title at NOC however.

I'm looking forward to the (possible) title unifications and a new era where feuds are built on personality disputes.

Keeping him on reserve. That's a nice way of putting it. They should move him back to smackdown.

NOSUPERPOWERS
09-15-2010, 07:06 AM
He seems to be going back to his old comedy routine again cos thats 3 weeks now he done something funny for promo yet still beeing heel in the ring, his raw promo was freaking funny.

A Edge vs Christian TLC match at wrestlemania would be amazing, but don't they have the MITB match at WM now 2 ladders in 1 night aint that great unless its a ppv.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-15-2010, 09:05 AM
He seems to be going back to his old comedy routine again cos thats 3 weeks now he done something funny for promo yet still beeing heel in the ring, his raw promo was freaking funny.

A Edge vs Christian TLC match at wrestlemania would be amazing, but don't they have the MITB match at WM now 2 ladders in 1 night aint that great unless its a ppv.

Yeah that segment was really hilarious. If Edge had not stepped in when he did like that it would have just been a dead segment.

I think they made the MITB a PPV. An I'd kill to see E&C reunite for one night. Unfortunately Christian is a face while Edge is a heel. I am sure when E&C are both faces or heels we will see them team up every now an then.

jethro
09-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I didn't expect Edge dance & sing with Jilian,that is gold man.

To me Edge will always one of my favorite,I remember watching him debut until now,his finisher was flatliner then,and he add The Impaler DDT to his resume(originally Gangrel finisher),what a milestone he have been through.

Be it controversial wrestler rated R to now more family friendly version of Edge,he is still awesome.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I didn't expect Edge dance & sing with Jilian,that is gold man.

To me Edge will always one of my favorite,I remember watching him debut until now,his finisher was flatliner then,and he add The Impaler DDT to his resume(originally Gangrel finisher),what a milestone he have been through.

Be it controversial wrestler rated R to now more family friendly version of Edge,he is still awesome.

Ohhhh, somebody has been doing their homework. And totally-- Edge reaks of so much awesomest that the stinch of failure suddenly vanishes. Watch that RAW roulette segment for the perfect example of what I meant by that exactly.

Y2LUUK
09-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Remember Wrestlemania 25?
We had Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy in a TLC Match and also a Money In The Bank Match

NightWolf
09-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I love Edge. I hope he succeeds in remaining within the main event for a long, LONG time to come.

I just hope the WWE keeps him away from the Santino Marella zone. He has been doing a ton of embarrassing comedy skits that are supposed to be FUNNY?! I guess. But I punched my dresser when I saw him going against Khali. Facing that giant would downgrade your career more than having a match with Hornswoggle would.

Robstar
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
I love Edge. I hope he succeeds in remaining within the main event for a long, LONG time to come.

I just hope the WWE keeps him away from the Santino Marella zone. He has been doing a ton of embarrassing comedy skits that are supposed to be FUNNY?! I guess. But I punched my dresser when I saw him going against Khali. Facing that giant would downgrade your career more than having a match with Hornswoggle would.

What are you talking about? Santino is the bomb! ;) Seriously though, Santino is being wasted and yeah, I hope Edge doesn't end up the same. Isn't Zack Ryder verging on the Santino Zone? lol

chaos75
09-15-2010, 10:40 PM
The only thing I want to see from Edge is a match against Christian.

They had a great match on the pick your poison thing on RAW, I wold personally like to see them team up again. Edge and Jericho having a rivalry with the GM is great.

SilverGhost
09-15-2010, 11:31 PM
They had a great match on the pick your poison thing on RAW, I wold personally like to see them team up again. Edge and Jericho having a rivalry with the GM is great.

I didn't see it....failure on my part.....

NightWolf
09-16-2010, 08:32 AM
They faced eachother in a pick your poison match?

I only recall them facing off when RAW went on their Canadian tour.

AGEOFFALL
09-16-2010, 12:53 PM
They faced eachother in a pick your poison match?

I only recall them facing off when RAW went on their Canadian tour.

yeah they did. it was when randy and edge were in a feud. edge thought that randy picked christian as his poison although never officially announcing it. after the match edge wins and then randy appears on the titantron and asks why christian is in the ring cause that is not who he picked.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-16-2010, 04:23 PM
What are you talking about? Santino is the bomb! ;) Seriously though, Santino is being wasted and yeah, I hope Edge doesn't end up the same. Isn't Zack Ryder verging on the Santino Zone? lol

Zack Ryder has a cool name though. Woo... Woo... Woo... You know it!

SilverGhost
09-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Zack Ryder has a cool name though. Woo... Woo... Woo... You know it!

Cool name. Poor ass character.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Cool name. Poor ass character.

I know what you mean. He seems to have gone back to kissing EDGE's ass.

Belzova
11-01-2010, 12:53 AM

So true. (:

SilverGhost
11-01-2010, 01:16 AM

That is NO SURPRISE TO ME! xD