PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros

HeelTurn
02-13-2011, 05:35 PM
How come I have never heard of the Chikara tag team known as Super Smash Bros?

For those of you unfamiliar with the team, it consists of 2 wrestlers Player Uno and Player Dos. Theyre gimmick, moveset and attire is based on video games.

Some of their moves are called Shoryuken, Mighty Morphin Powebomb, Falcon Punch, Blanka Roll and Dig Dug Driver.

The Brown One
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I never heard of them either. Sounds like a joke tagteam though.

AngrySamoan
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
I've heard of them =P

Kashdinero
02-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Player Uno and Player Dos are one of the most entertaining pairings in Chikara, which is saying something as Chikara wrestlers are the embodiment of entertainment!
They are former Campeónatos de Parejas (Chikara tag champs) holders, and have also competed in RoH.

Player Uno's attire resembles a NES control pad, and has a working pause button on his leg that when "pressed" makes him freeze. Many of his opponents have taken advantage of this and have beaten him while he's incapacitated.
Player Dos also competes under the name Stupefied.

If you like a bit of fun with your wrestling, then Chikara is the place to be!

Their ten minute, weekly podcast's on YouTube are a great way to get to know the characters of this wacky promotion.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Player Uno and Player Dos are one of the most entertaining pairings in Chikara, which is saying something as Chikara wrestlers are the embodiment of entertainment!
They are former Campeónatos de Parejas (Chikara tag champs) holders, and have also competed in RoH.

Player Uno's attire resembles a NES control pad, and has a working pause button on his leg that when "pressed" makes him freeze. Many of his opponents have taken advantage of this and have beaten him while he's incapacitated.
Player Dos also competes under the name Stupefied.

If you like a bit of fun with your wrestling, then Chikara is the place to be!

Their ten minute, weekly podcast's on YouTube are a great way to get to know the characters of this wacky promotion.

Thanks for the history KD! But are they great wrestlers too? Thats what I'm interested in more than the entertainment.

Kashdinero
02-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the history KD! But are they great wrestlers too? Thats what I'm interested in more than the entertainment.

They wrestle to a level that's acceptable on the Indys, and are capable of some nice athletic moves (mostly Dos). If you like the (Old) X-Division, then the matches in Chikara will definitely impress you.

The Brown One
02-14-2011, 03:27 AM
They wrestle to a level that's acceptable on the Indys, and are capable of some nice athletic moves (mostly Dos). If you like the (Old) X-Division, then the matches in Chikara will definitely impress you.

Then it sounds good. Now all I need is unlimited internet..but it doesn't come cheap at nearly $100 a month -.-

Kashdinero
02-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Then it sounds good. Now all I need is unlimited internet..but it doesn't come cheap at nearly $100 a month -.-

Ouch!!!!!!

HeelTurn
02-14-2011, 05:51 AM
Thanks for info, a friend told me about them, I thought he was taking the piss at 1st lol I watched a couple of matches on Youtube, theyre a lot of fun.

AngrySamoan
02-14-2011, 10:04 AM

I second Kashdinero when he said "Ouch." That's crazy dude, here in Saskatchewan it's about $45. =P

68wPayne
02-14-2011, 02:05 PM
They've done some pretty damn funny things too. One match had one of them, I think Uno, pull out a big turtle shell and kick it at the opponent ala Mario. Another match featured the lights go out except for in the ring, "Finish Him" came over the speaker, one of them hit their finisher and got the pin then the loudspeaker came on again "Fatality". Pretty funny stuff. I firmly believe that Chikara should get a deal on Comedy Central.

Kashdinero
02-14-2011, 04:14 PM
They've done some pretty damn funny things too. One match had one of them, I think Uno, pull out a big turtle shell and kick it at the opponent ala Mario. Another match featured the lights go out except for in the ring, "Finish Him" came over the speaker, one of them hit their finisher and got the pin then the loudspeaker came on again "Fatality". Pretty funny stuff. I firmly believe that Chikara should get a deal on Comedy Central.

If they can get a bit of cash to spruce up the venues they perform in, to make their product a bit more attractive to newer fans, a Chikara TV show could be great!

PrimusSucks
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I wish I could watch this, Link?

68wPayne
02-18-2011, 12:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHUX1ojyF8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo6W_dSRWtA&feature=related

HeelTurn
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P9qgbT1YwY&NR=1

PrimusSucks
02-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Anyone have a way to contact Comedy Central? We could make this happen.