PDA

View Full Version : Dream Fight: Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Who do you think would win?

These guys have come close to a fight but stupid blood tests keep derailing this dream fight. What is Manny afraid of?

*I posted this here since it's fight related so mods please don't throw flames! ;)

Edit: I clicked submit before I realized I forgot to create a poll.

InfoWarrior
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Who do you think would win?

These guys have come close to a fight but stupid blood tests keep derailing this dream fight. What is Manny afraid of?

Are you kidding me. Mayweather is obviously the scared one here. You have to take yourself out of being a fan for either fighter. Pacquiao has stated that he would like this fight to happen and still does on occasion, but leaves it in the hands of Mayweather. Mayweather knows that the only thing he really has, is saying that he is undefeated and knows Pacquiao has a real good chance of ending his streak, if you will. Mayweather knew that Pacquiao would not agree to the olympic style blood testing even before Mayweather brought it up. If you look at Pacquiao's record, the only times he lost was with Olympic Style blood testing...Mayweather knows this. Seeing as how the fight would ultimately be sanctioned by the WBO who has their own testing policies, there really is no reason for any Olympic style testing. I agree with Pacquiao on this, since hes never failed a test by the WBO who is sanctioning the fight. Once that issue settled down a bit, Mayweather demanded that he needs 60% of the purse...another demand that Mayweather knew Pacquiao would not agree to. Seeing as how Pacquiao is the Champion and Mayweather is the challenger, that makes no sence at all. Pacquiao is also on record saying that he is the champion and should not be calling out the challeneger which is Mayweather, it should be the other way around. Currently Pacquiao will take any and all questions about a Mayweather fight. Mayweather on the other hand gets VERY defensive and pissed off anytime Pacquiao is brought up. He claims he doesnt need to fight Pacquiao because hes undefeated and he has nothing to prove. When Mayweather is asked about his legacy and how he is ducking out of the fight, he says he doesnt care about his legacy, only money and "doing him". Funny how he never comments on ducking Pacquiao, just ignores it, but when he does comment all he can say is that hes undefeated. Now dont get me wrong, I think Mayweather is a great fighter who has tons of talent in the boxing ring. The world wants to see this fight happen, but I dont think it ever will...Lets be honest, if Mayweather really wanted this fight it would've happened by now. Mayweather claims he is better than Ali because Ali lost, but in reality Ali fought until he was beaten, which is something Mayweather obviously wont do, because money and his undefeated streak mean more to him than a Legacy, which Ali has.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the insight! ;)

jwt15
02-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Pacquiao would win and Floyd knows thats why it hasn't gone down. Mayweather is the most overrated boxer in a long time and with little squash fights has the bragging rights to say he's undefeated.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Now these 2 are fighting each others opponents! Mayweather fought Mosley and now Pacquiao will in May!