PDA

View Full Version : What did Zack do wrong?

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Zack Ryder. I like him. So do, it seems, quite a few others around here. So, why the harsh treatment?
The guy was doing alright for himself on ECW, before it was canceled, but was instantly Jabronified upon his transition to Raw, then Superstar'd till further notice.
So, I ask you, What did Zack do to be buried in this way, and who was it that dismissed his worth and labeled him as a jobber?

TheMadThinker
02-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Well, the answer is simple: Zack screwed Zack, no just kidding. Yeah I wondered the same thing myself. Zack has a ton more charisma and skill than many of the guys they are pushing. Look how terrible David Otunga is for God's sake.

I am sure it once again goes back to him not meeting Vince's superman archetype that all WWE top stars must have. Vince’s old school mentality probably does not even understand the appeal of Ryder’s gimmick to pop culture.

The guy at least deserves to be in tag team or midcard title contention in my opinion.

namelessf3ar
02-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Zack Ryder is the new Miz. In 2-3 years he will be world champ

HeelTurn
02-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Yeah I never quite understood what happened to him, Hawkins was given more chances before they realised he didnt really have the charisma and now hes also been Superstar'd.

Snair
02-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Zack Ryder is the new Miz. In 2-3 years he will be world champ

RIGHT ON THE MONEY there

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 05:52 AM
People will probably argue with this, but..I think the gimmick needs to go. I don't care if its original, because it hasn't had much impact on the fans, even when WWE was pushing him well. Hell, I preferred him as 1/2 of the Edgeheads. Woo woo woo you know it.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-12-2011, 05:57 AM
i'd like to see curt hawkins get his hair cut and be like zack ryder so they can re-team with hopefully a better name

Snair
02-12-2011, 05:57 AM
People will probably argue with this, but..I think the gimmick needs to go. I don't care if its original, because it hasn't had much impact on the fans, even when WWE was pushing him well. Hell, I preferred him as 1/2 of the Edgeheads. Woo woo woo you know it.

How can you take his gimmick seriously when he's booked to job even against guys like santino

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 06:20 AM
How can you take his gimmick seriously when he's booked to job even against guys like santino

Its not only the booking of his matches, but the gimmick itself. I know its original, but it doesn't scream out world champion to me.

Snair
02-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Its not only the booking of his matches, but the gimmick itself. I know its original, but it doesn't scream out world champion to me.

i liked it when he used to say CALL ME to wwe divas, nowadays its just remained to audience:-/

jethro
02-12-2011, 08:10 AM
More airtime is what zack need and i hope creative writer and vince listen to wwe universe:p

Stinger187
02-12-2011, 08:32 AM
More airtime is what zack need and i hope creative writer and vince listen to wwe universe:p
Hahaha listen to iwc that would be a first!

captainmoonlight
02-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Same as, I thought he was better in familia . Really don't like his gimmick. It's alright saying hes the new mix but I think mix stinks as champion

Wrestling Rant
02-12-2011, 09:03 AM
I dont see whats so special about him. I mean his gimmick stinks, what is it all about. Also his in ring ability is sub-par.

efrum
02-12-2011, 09:14 AM
I think his gimmick is alright - he plays it well and he usually gets over when he gets airtime.

akgator1
02-12-2011, 09:55 AM
I like Zach too, hes great at playing this character. He needs an IC or US title run, dont ever seeing him as being wwe champ though.

tchulv1331
02-12-2011, 12:11 PM
idk he is a former number 1 contender

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 12:47 PM
At the very least, Zack definitely deserves a run with a mid-card title, but I really can't see it as long as Vinnie's around. Zacks persona is not one a man in his late sixties could understand or get into.
I agree with Bro1, in the sense that Ryder's gimmick could use a little tweaking, as he needs to develop a bit more of an edge before he gets taken seriously by the masses.
But that would require the writer's to get behind him, which would require Vinnies blessing, which ain't gonna happen :(

Personally I think the problem was that ECWWE folded while his push was, really, only in it's embryonic stages. The death of ECWWE was the worst thing that could of possibly happened to him. I don't reckon Vince really bothered with what was happening there to be honest, and Zack had the writers full attention. Had this preferential treatment continued, and he was allowed to hone his act away from Vinnies glare, I believe that he would have made more of a splash upon his arival on Raw. As he was, he was no-where near ready to venture into the big leagues on his own (who is these days?) and it shows.

A reunion with Hawkins would be the best idea, as both men ain't doing shit at the moment. In fact, I think they could be quite successful, now that both have evolved their characters beyond their EdgeHead days, and are far more distinguishable.
Maybe the draft will bring both of them some luck!

Danny92
02-12-2011, 12:58 PM
did ryder no end tommy dreamers wwe career ? surely that should have meant he was in for some kind of push

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 01:47 PM
did ryder no end tommy dreamers wwe career ? surely that should have meant he was in for some kind of push

I believe he was getting there on ECW, but wasn't really ready for Raw and just kinda drowned amongst the sea of new talent on Raw.

Stihltygre
02-12-2011, 03:08 PM
don't mind his in ring, and he's great on the mic, but his gimmick is too .. well gimmicky... It's not something that will make him a number one heel or face, if he can find a way to make the gimmick less cartoonish i could see creative finding things. But when your gimmick slates you as a poser it's going to be hard to write you into stories as becoming legit

FaceOfSpades
02-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Because trees need leaves, fire needs heat and wwe needs jobbers. He may rise above it all or he might just get the stevie richards treatment. Shit, hes doin better than kaval. You know, workin and what not

SevenCagedTigers
02-12-2011, 05:35 PM
What did Zach Ryder do wrong?

What did Zach Ryder do wrong? I'll tell you two things.

1) Woo Woo
2) You know it!

Also, the "Ruff Ryder". Do you know what that implies? Yeah. PG baby. Cena changes the F-U to an Attitude Adjustment, but we still get Ruff Ryder.

CobraNightviper
02-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Hawkins&Ryder should ride again.

DR.X313
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
the main thing thats wrong dz is he doesn't have a sweet finisher or set up move that make you say wow. its the moves that makes a wrestler great or jobing for santino. a simple thing like a fisherman buster and his back to his push. its jack swagger thats in the dog house on superstars,wrestling nobodys he gots a great finisher yet no push

AGEOFFALL
02-12-2011, 08:21 PM

totally agree.

merhardt03
02-12-2011, 10:21 PM

Very much a good idea. Hell they should go to TNA where they might get a chance to shine in a tag team division cuz it aint gonna happen in the E!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-12-2011, 10:32 PM
They should do like Hawkins and send him back to FCW and re-package him with a new gimmick

Lance Storm
02-12-2011, 11:03 PM
He has amazing potential. I do agree that a gimmick change would be the way to go.