PDA

View Full Version : What if ... HBK came out of retirement?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
02-12-2011, 03:21 AM
This is just a little scenario to see what people would think if something like this were to happen. What if Shawn Michaels decided to come out of retirement and start wrestling again?

I'm not saying wrestle a full time schedule in WWE, just wrestle once in a while. Like every year or so come back and have a match at Wrestlemania or Summerslam. Would that be wrong? Would you get mad at him for that?

Here is my thing. If Shawn Michaels can still wrestle at his age and not wrestle all rigged and slow like Flair and Hogan, why not? I love HBK and, if anyone is able to come out of retirement and wrestle once in a while, it should be HBK. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it WILL happen or making any assumptions that it is going to happen. It is just a scenario. The guy has a big passion for the business, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is itching to have one last good match. I'd love to see him come back and wrestle Daniel Bryan, especially if Daniel Bryan is a heel at the time. Maybe if we are lucky .... and this is very far-fetched ...... we can get a legends match one day at Wrestlemania between The Rock and HBK. I know. Both have said they are done with wrestling, I know that. I am just saying.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Would you be mad at HBK if he came out of retirement and started wrestling again?

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 03:33 AM
He should stay retired, forever.

But

If he were to "come back" these would be the opponents I'd like to see him face.

Daniel Bryan- To pass the torch.

Alberto Del Rios- Owned him, so now he owe's him.

As for the Rock, retired or not, I'm sure he wouldn't wrestle Michaels if they were the last two wrestlers on earth.

Snair
02-12-2011, 05:04 AM
Nobody will get mad at HBK for coming back but i think he himself would like to stay retired to honour his sendoff by WWE.Although a GM or commentator type role wouldn't do any harm

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 06:01 AM
He should stay retired, forever.

But

If he were to "come back" these would be the opponents I'd like to see him face.

Daniel Bryan- To pass the torch.

Alberto Del Rios- Owned him, so now he owe's him.

As for the Rock, retired or not, I'm sure he wouldn't wrestle Michaels if they were the last two wrestlers on earth.

Damn ninj'ad!

ToWhomItConcerns.
02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
him wrestling once a year isn't coming out of retirement IMO.

hes my favorite of all time so i wouldn't mind seeing him wrestle again but i don't NEED to see it either. if it did happen then i'd say next year vs The Rock

don't think i'm 1 of those people who constantly think Rock is coming back i'm just saying if they both came back and wrestled 1 last match i'd like it to be against each other. and i know i know according to the IWC Rock HATES Michaels but i'd trust his own words over every living soul in the IWC. think back to the Hall Of Fame in 2008 when Rock named the people he would've loved to wrestle 1 of those people was Shawn Michaels.

efrum
02-12-2011, 09:16 AM
He shouldn't wrestle again. It starts with the occasional appearance and then before you know it you're Ric Flair.

thedominator92
02-12-2011, 12:54 PM
he won't. he even says that he doesn't miss wrestling and is set for life unlike flair was. it's not going to happen

Rassling_Fan
02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm hoping not. That would kind of spoil the great send off he had.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Someone stated already that HBK is financially set! He wants to raise his kids along with his other hobbies, i.e. hunting!

However, he did state that he WILL go out of his way to help the WWE when or wherever needed so that leaves a giant ?

thejman93
02-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Semi Bold prediction:

HBK will wrestle a match in WWE at or before WrestleMania 30.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Semi Bold prediction:

HBK will wrestle a match in WWE at or before WrestleMania 30.

That ranks above semi bold to ballsy! ;)

thejman93
02-12-2011, 03:04 PM
That ranks above semi bold to ballsy! ;)

Yeah? I just think he'll get the itch; maybe tomorrow, maybe two years from now but he'll get it. Most "legends" do (See: Flar, Hogan) :D

PandaMassacre
02-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I would lose respect for him. Simple as that. I mean if he came out of retirement performing at the top of his game then sure.. But I do NOT want to see another Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan. I prefer Wrestlers that know when to hang it up. The only exceptions would have to be Kurt Angle an Chris Jericho since they can still perform like the youngsters on their respective shows.

AGEOFFALL
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
he won't. he even says that he doesn't miss wrestling and is set for life unlike flair was. it's not going to happen

Well if Flair would stop getting divorce he would've been financially set as well.

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Someone stated already that HBK is financially set! He wants to raise his kids along with his other hobbies, i.e. hunting!

However, he did state that he WILL go out of his way to help the WWE when or wherever needed so that leaves a giant ?

I think that means that when they are getting low ratings, or promise something big e.g. guest host..he will be there on call.

AGEOFFALL
02-12-2011, 08:24 PM
I think that means that when they are getting low ratings, or promise something big e.g. guest host..he will be there on call.

Or when they need big names to promote Wrestlemania and other events.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Or when they need big names to promote Wrestlemania and other events.

As HBK and Triple H did previously in Atlanta to promote WM27.

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Theres always the DX reunions for teh kiddies.

Lance Storm
02-12-2011, 11:15 PM
He can only come out of retirement if he explains why his face is caving in on its self. Does anybody know what happened? His eye went wonky then his face started caving in.

Sinliner
02-13-2011, 12:28 AM
Hmmmmm if he had to come back for 1 last match? i would have to go with daniel bryan.............WOULD BE EPIC!, or a coming outta retirement match between him and ric flair (just kidding)

THEKEVINBRAND
02-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Hmmmmm if he had to come back for 1 last match? i would have to go with daniel bryan.............WOULD BE EPIC!, or a coming outta retirement match between him and ric flair (just kidding)

Bryan vs Michaels: Student vs. Teacher, that would be a good match

Rich Cranium
02-13-2011, 12:56 AM

Indeed and thanks for refreshing my memory of Bryan training at HBK's Texas Wrestling Academy!

Sinliner
02-13-2011, 01:30 AM

I dont understand why wwe never do more of these type fueds. bloody writers have so many good stories staring them in the face! bryan vs regal fued! cm punk vs bryan fued! wwe need to get rid of the "we are the only wrestling companie and the only choice" mentallity and open there eyes to the possabilitys of some great storys.

HCollins-TNA1
03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Noticing him and his reaction tonight in Chicago, wonder if Shawn is thinking of lacing up the boots once again????
Be interesting to see what the Atlanta crowd does Saturday at the Hall of Fame and Sunday at WM27!!!!

The New Guy
03-28-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think he will, he has been very vocal about is desire of never wrestle again.
Besides I don't think he needs to do it, he would only tarnish his great legacy.

:)

Moe21
03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Im kind of hoping not. Dont get me wrong, I like HBK and all but the guy just needs to stay retired. I wouldnt mind seeing him here and there for promos or special guest commentary or something like that but I really dont want to see him in the ring. He had a great career and one hell of a last match at Mania last year. I just dont want to see him end up like Flair or Hogan and screw all of that up.

BoycottTNA
03-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not sure anymore.....

Would HHH want his last match against anyone else?

HCollins-TNA1
03-28-2011, 11:28 PM
True......
But one got to think of all the guys who has went back on their word..... Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr, Ric Flair, Abdullah the Butcher, Hulk Hogan,Dusty Rhodes, and many more...... I think when one wrestler hears that crowd reaction, chanting one more match..... that plays a big part and has big affect on them!!!!

BoycottTNA
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
True......
But one got to think of all the guys who has went back on their word..... Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jr, Ric Flair, Abdullah the Butcher, Hulk Hogan,Dusty Rhodes, and many more...... I think when one wrestler hears that crowd reaction, chanting one more match..... that plays a big part and has big affect on them!!!!

My prediction is that HBK will retire HHH at Summerslam after a huge build up, as HHH has said there is no one left for him to face so I can't see anyone else doing it.

The New Guy
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
True......

Yeah but they've been chanting for one more match since he retire last year (remember the Raw after mania 26?) and he hasn't even wrestle a little bit.
I think HBK retire for good :)

Moe21
03-28-2011, 11:36 PM
True......

Im sure is does have an affect on them but at the same time look at their careers and what happend when they come back. Flair and Hogan go to TNA and just piss all over their careers. Funk got his ass beat week in and week out. I dont really remember Abdullah coming back. Dusty is the only one that really didnt screw his legacy up. If HBK does come back for a match I hope that its only one match and against HHH at next years Mania and thats it.

Scottland
03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
HBK is without question done wrestling in the ring. He has stated that he is in a happy place & is enjoying his life with his wife & kids. HBK though will be around here & there like he was tonight (which was great to see him). HBK has had arguably one of (if not) the greatest careers ever let alone he is already defined as the greatest in-ring performer ever. He has nothing to prove.

merhardt03
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
It would tarnish his career for a full time comeback, but I like the idea of Haitch's last match against HBK. One more match should be that match. That would actually add to the legacy of both mens career. Just no Hornswoggle bull please. Lol

ihearvoices
03-29-2011, 01:47 AM
As i Said In Many other Treads HBK Will be Returning...You Ask why i think This? Well Because IMO i think HBK will be The One to Screw HHH in his match Against Taker at This year WM resulting In a 3 way Match Next year between the 3 (Taker,HBK,HHH) It would be A Great one Last Match For HBK And A Great Send off For Taker maybe Even One For HHH Also

Kashdinero
03-29-2011, 01:49 AM
HBK is without question done wrestling in the ring. He has stated that he is in a happy place & is enjoying his life with his wife & kids. HBK though will be around here & there like he was tonight (which was great to see him). HBK has had arguably one of (if not) the greatest careers ever let alone he is already defined as the greatest in-ring performer ever. He has nothing to prove.

Yeah, I can say I agree with this, but if he does climb back in the ring it'll be a sad day indeed for this poster. I don't even wanna see one last match, and anyone who wants to see him again should just watch a DVD of his or something.

Personally, I'm glad he retired when he did, as his hairline was receding so fast he was beginning to resemble Bill Apter ;)

If he stuck around any longer, he'd have to start calling himself "The Comb-Over Kid"... Lol, sorry, I couldn't help myself!

Saiga
03-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Noticing him and his reaction tonight in Chicago, wonder if Shawn is thinking of lacing up the boots once again????

dude, he's long retired.

don't make assumptions.

no ifs or buts ....

Leggo
03-29-2011, 04:20 AM
It would tarnish his career for a full time comeback, but I like the idea of Haitch's last match against HBK. One more match should be that match. That would actually add to the legacy of both mens career. Just no Hornswoggle bull please. Lol

I agree with this... But I do think he maybe back at mania to influence the match in some way.

Goldust22
03-29-2011, 04:23 AM
I think he will some day return the ring no one ever stays retired nowadays unless they physcially cant with the expection of Bret Hart.

He will definatley return in a few years time im not sure itll be on a full time basis or a 'legends' contract. But i can see him making a special appearence at a Rumble or even competing at wrestlemania as a guest ref but i cant see him returning just yet maybe next year.

The Brown One
03-29-2011, 05:03 AM
As i Said In Many other Treads HBK Will be Returning...You Ask why i think This? Well Because IMO i think HBK will be The One to Screw HHH in his match Against Taker at This year WM resulting In a 3 way Match Next year between the 3 (Taker,HBK,HHH) It would be A Great one Last Match For HBK And A Great Send off For Taker maybe Even One For HHH Also

Thats exactly what I had in mind...but I thought it was unreasonable. Heres the dilemma though..if they were to build up a feud with those 3, they would most likely do it out of the blues, like the buildup for the Taker-Triple H match this year. We would likely see the feud starting to shape around January, or February next year.

Saiga
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
who the hell wants to see another shawn michaels vs triple h feud ???

hell no.

we already seen those two in a triple threat match at wrestlemania .... with chris benoit. and it was a wild match after hbk and hhh got bloodied.

hbk is retired.

end of story. close this thread already!

BoycottTNA
03-29-2011, 07:00 AM
who the hell wants to see another shawn michaels vs triple h feud ???

hell no.

we already seen those two in a triple threat match at wrestlemania .... with chris benoit. and it was a wild match after hbk and hhh got bloodied.

hbk is retired.

end of story. close this thread already!

The point is that the WWE has set up the possibility for HBK to retire HHH if thats what HHH wants, who else can put him away in the lockerroom and it doesn't fit HHH style to let a young guy destroy him.

Snair
03-29-2011, 07:11 AM
As much I admire HBK's inring work I would like to see him honour his retirement and come up with nothing more than a cameo.

The Brown One
03-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Just remember people. Never say never in the WWE.

cato79
03-29-2011, 11:33 AM
That "You can't win" leaves a wide range of possibilities... All the way from "you are unable to win" up to "I will make sure that you don't win"...

I hope he stays retired...

HBK4ever
03-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I think that HBK will come at Wrestlmania to be the special guest referee for Undertaker vs HHH ( to cost HHH ending the streak ). He could be back to the ring to chalenge HHH.

HBK4ever
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
What do u say about that ??

HBK4ever
03-29-2011, 11:45 AM
HHH vs HBK Summerslam 2011

BoycottTNA
03-29-2011, 11:50 AM
HHH vs HBK Summerslam 2011

In my sig last night :D

HCollins-TNA1
03-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I think they an year late.... Personally I think they should had Triple H vs HBK vs Undertaker last year at Wrestle-mania.....
They could kept Shawn active push him out there this or next year.... for his retirement match......
Right now i'm think there 2 possible choices for Undertaker next year!!!! John Cena or HBK????
Guess we'll see what happens.....

Shawn wants it and most fans want it...... But will it happen only time will tell????

maar13
03-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Actually I don't like the idea one bit, don't get me wrong, but a triple treat match for next year sounds overkill, what ever the result of this Mania match, that time would make HBK has 3 shot at the streak (there the overkill, how many shot do you want? 10?) makes the second one and the big send off worth nothing and if he help HHH win why would you had a match like this then? wait a whole year to avenge something that is unavengeable because no atter how big the revenge is, That 1 as in 18-1 kills completely the purpose of the match at Wrestlemania (Not Taker's legacy in any light).

I hope he doesn't interfiere on the match at Mania, just motivates HHH more to get things done.

Ultimately I want the Streak to continue but not because of the streak itself but because I am a Taker fan and would love to see him win, but if by any chance he is to lose, I hope it is One on one, no outside interfiering.

If Shawn interfieres, it will only tarnish his legacy and will make him loo like a bitter selfrighteus guy who is just an hypocrate, either if he helps HHH or the Undertaker that would be the image he will get.

I think his last match was awesome at the biggest stage that he could ever get, why tarnish that?

Also HHH VS Michaels 5443334 sounds like over kill too, yes it would be the first time HHH is the good guy on he cards but is still pretty overkill.

Pumpkinhead
03-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Maybe its better for him to stay retire but i thimk there's good chance he cost HHh the match at WM after last monday

Trips88
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Ya know the logical part of me agrees with a lot of you saying that it would tarnish his career and that's a fair assessment BUT then HBK turned his back on HHH last night and caused what could be a set up for tension between them, as many of you have mentioned. PLUS, something else I've thought about that no one else has said anything about yet was the fact that HHH said that he and HBK made a pact that they would let one another know when it was time to hang it up and if one guy couldn't handle it then the other guy would force him out. That statement leave the door open of HBK to come in and say "hey I'm back for just one more match and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the fact that I made a promise to a friend that I would stop him if he couldn't stop himself. HHH, that time is now." Then you could have the match at mania next year.

Kashdinero
03-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Ya know the logical part of me agrees with a lot of you saying that it would tarnish his career and that's a fair assessment BUT then HBK turned his back on HHH last night and caused what could be a set up for tension between them, as many of you have mentioned. PLUS, something else I've thought about that no one else has said anything about yet was the fact that HHH said that he and HBK made a pact that they would let one another know when it was time to hang it up and if one guy couldn't handle it then the other guy would force him out. That statement leave the door open of HBK to come in and say "hey I'm back for just one more match and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the fact that I made a promise to a friend that I would stop him if he couldn't stop himself. HHH, that time is now." Then you could have the match at mania next year.

Nice way of looking at it.

One more HBK match + Last HHH match = Thumbs up from Kashdinero!