PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown or Raw, which brand is getting your attention at the moment?

WWTNA Mark
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
So its the Road to Wrestlemaina and WWE is trying to build there Superstars on both Smackdown and Raw, to get them over so to speak. While Raw is the flagship show of WWE, I find myself enjoying Smackdown then Raw at the moment. They have been putting on great shows the past few weeks while Raw is kinda slowing down alittle bit. Maybe i'm the only one who feels this way. What do you think?

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Well, I believe a lot of people will agree with you about SD putting on great shows while Raw has been slowing down a bit. However, there's no denying that everyone's attention is certainly drawn to Raw with the announcement of the guest host for WM and of course, the hype for 2/21/11. I'm a little biased as JoMo is on Raw, but I do watch SD when I have time. If not, I go to the spoilers. Next week's 600th episode of SD is looking very promising however. :D

Rassling_Fan
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Of the two shows, I would have to say Smackdown because Raw's set seems kind of predictable. Though I am not looking forward to the 600th Smackdown. Seems too close to the PPV to really do something special.

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Well, I believe a lot of people will agree with you about SD putting on great shows while Raw has been slowing down a bit. However, there's no denying that everyone's attention is certainly drawn to Raw with the announcement of the guest host for WM and of course, the hype for 2/21/11. I'm a little biased as JoMo is on Raw, but I do watch SD when I have time. If not, I go to the spoilers. Next week's 600th episode of SD is looking very promising however. :D

This. You ninja'd me! ;)

Saiga
02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
i dont follow neither brands.

the matches have lost its match quality n it's too predictable nowadays.

like scott hall once said "don't just sing it, bring it"

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 10:43 PM
This. You ninja'd me! ;)

I'll sneak in from time to time and do that. ;)

InfoWarrior
02-11-2011, 10:46 PM
First off i like how this thread is closing on 2.21.11 (Sting, lol). Anyways, I have always been a little bit more drawn to RAW. I liked SD a lot more when Y2J was there, he needs to SAVE US again!

Trips88
02-11-2011, 10:52 PM
First off i like how this thread is closing on 2.21.11 (Sting, lol). Anyways, I have always been a little bit more drawn to RAW. I liked SD a lot more when Y2J was there, he needs to SAVE US again!

I don't think Y2J will be Saving US any time soon man. Not saying he wont be back soon, but he goes over so much better as a heel.

InfoWarrior
02-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think Y2J will be Saving US any time soon man. Not saying he wont be back soon, but he goes over so much better as a heel.

i dont think Y2J will return soon, but I wish that he would. I've been a Jericholic since the 90s and everytime he comes back I fall of the wagon, lol.

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
i dont think Y2J will return soon, but I wish that he would. I've been a Jericholic since the 90s and everytime he comes back I fall of the wagon, lol.

http://www.fanhouse.com/2011/01/31/chris-jericho-admits-he-considers-return-to-wwe-right-now/

Some things from the article:

"I consider it always because it's not like it was in 2005 where I was sick of wrestling." Jericho told FanHouse. "Sick of it is maybe a harsh word. Disenchanted, I guess, is a better word. I wasn't disenchanted when I left in September. It was just my contract was up. That was it. And there were other things just waiting to come through. Even if I was coming back, I always would have taken those four months, three months off to do the Fozzy tours. Then other things have kind of popped up to delay my return."

"I mean, there's a deal on the table. A deal on the table that's 90-percent done. There's a couple of minor things that we had to hammer out. It would just be a matter of what other stuff is going on and how that stuff is going."

"...it's just a matter of being 100-percent committed to doing it. Because now I have set such a high bar for myself -- which I'm glad -- and I need to match that and I need to not come in anything less than that."

Looks like he's interested in returning and it may be sooner than we all believe. He just wants to iron out minor contract details and wants to be committed 100%. Unfortunately, it just so happens that it's currently a big time for Y2J with the release of his new book on my B-Day (a nice present I'll get myself) and the success of Fozzy, so his return inevitably will be delayed.

However, when the day comes, at least we'll know to expect him at his best! :)

Stinger187
02-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I've been watching both! But I am excited for the 21! I love Booker being on SD

The Last Salmon Man
02-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I find smack down completely unwatchable to be honest. I think the problems start with the green day intro then continue with there main guys being dolf ziggler (who in the blue hell is dolf ziggler!?) and edge who sucks as a pg act. I dont know MAybe its the colour scheme but it just seems too kiddy for me. I loved someone else's suggestion of making smack down a pg show and having raw as a more adult brand.

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Both have been good in the last several weeks, probably because they always have great episodes during Wrestlemania season. Both have their strong points. WWE has made Raw the show where they give superstars time to cut promos, and hype up feuds, with very short matches. Whilst Smackdown has been the wrestling show, with most, if not all of the matches being long, and also very entertaining. I prefer Smackdown at the moment.

I find smack down completely unwatchable to be honest. I think the problems start with the green day intro then continue with there main guys being dolf ziggler (who in the blue hell is dolf ziggler!?) and edge who sucks as a pg act. I dont know MAybe its the colour scheme but it just seems too kiddy for me. I loved someone else's suggestion of making smack down a pg show and having raw as a more adult brand.

If any show is a PG show, its Raw. Hell, John Cena is more PG than anything PG combined on Smackdown. Smackdown has that "color scheme" because it was designed to be a different show from Raw, which it is. I'll tell you who Dolph Ziggler is. Hes one of the most talented wrestlers on the WWE roster. Hes arguably puts on the most entertaining matches on Smackdown.

Androo
02-12-2011, 07:58 AM
theres things i like on raw and things i like on smackdown. theres things i might not like so much on raw and things i might not like so much on smackdown so i went for both. im not gonna go for neither coz i watch wwe, and generally like it, so both. i do have to say tho i like the live shows of wwe better than the taped shows, and raws pretty much always live, so that adds to that side of the argument.

HeelTurn
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Ive always preferred the blue brand more. Raw does have the New Nexus storyline, but Smackdown has so much more, Christians return, Del Rio rising to the top, Ziggler, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes etc. Moreover Michael Cole is annoying on both shows, but Raw seems to be the worst.

clrj3514
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm a little biased as JoMo is on Raw
That kinda goes for me too. He's my must-watch guy right now. Smackdown doesn't have anyone I really WANT to watch every week.

CobraNightviper
02-12-2011, 12:19 PM
for me they both have there strong points but I seem to like raw a little bit better I guess it's because i'm a Punk mark.

Rokudo
02-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Raw is a f'ning JOKE!
Just compare them:
1. WWE Champ vs WH Champ - Miz was my favourite young talent a few months ago and I marked out when he cashed, but after that he has become almost unwatcheble to me. First he feuded with Orton and all of their matches were not-bad at best. He didn't win fairly even ONCE, which doesn't make him a solid ME in my eyes. I understand his gimmick is to be a cowardly and cheating champ, but he should have won at least their last match at the Rumble. Next are his promos. It was awesome how every week he was rising to the top, his words were backed up and he looked strong with all of the titles on him. Now he is telling us that he is the best, while a 60 years old guy is smacking him left and right.
On the other hand we have Edge, a solid ME, who althought not as good as before is still putting on a great show, and while his feud with Kane was HORRIBLE, his current feud with Dolph and Vickie is (for me) the best feud at the moment. Great matches, promos, not to mention how they expand their feud throught the entire SD. Who else is involved? Kelly Kelly, Lay-Cool, Drew, ADR, the Corre. Every match has a meaning and adds to the story, while Miz' feuds are stalling.

2. US vs IC champ - Daniel Bryan, as amazing as he is, is almost in the same league as Santino&Kozlov. His never ending feud with DiBiase is boring and most of their matches aren't that good. No promos, no nothing. Also the whole story with the "virgin nerd" and the love square with the Bellas and Kim is idiotic. On SD we have Kofi. I'm not his biggest fan, but the creative team is doing an awesome job with him. His feuds are almost main event level, with the current/future WHC Dolph Ziggler and the RR winner ADR. They even have time for promos.

3. Nexus vs Corre - Like Raw itself, Nexus is a JOKE. They had a great, surprising start, but Cena has completely destroyed them. Currently in the group we have CM PUNK and a bunch of no-ones. Mason is new, Henning and Harris have done nothing and Otunga is ... meh, Otunga. Cm Punk is amazing, but with him being squashed week after week, he obviously can't carry the entire stable all by himself. I much preffered him as the leader of the SES, even his promos were better and had more meaning back then, as if he truely ment every word and believed to be the wrestling Chist. Now .. not that much. Luckily they took the good part of the Nexus and mixed them with Jackson on SD, making them look unstoppable. They destroy everyone, from Edge, through the Tag-champs and Mysterio, to the Big Show. Every member has his own seperate feud and no one is overshadowing the others like in the Nexus.

4.Michael Cole vs himself - Call me crazy, but I actually like Cole's announcing.... but on Raw, he is full of bull$H!T with all the Miz, GM and Layler stuff. On SD he can just do his job and announce.

5. Matches - From the 2 minute diva's matches, through Bryan standing in the corner, while women are doing his job, to the Cena main events, Raw's matches are overall boring. On SD, most of them are good, 10-15 minutes long matches with the likes of Corre, ADR, Kingston, Mysterio, Ziggler and Edge.... and I could add a ton of other thing why SD is so much better, but I got bored with writing for so long, sooo :P

AGEOFFALL
02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Both have my attention equally at the moment. On SD Ziggler/Edge, The Corre, Kingston and on Raw Orton/Punk, Lawler, and the 2/21/11 thing.