PDA

View Full Version : ~The Official Michael Cole Thread~

ChrisQ1
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I know almost everyone is going to disagree with me on this but within the next 10 years (providing he stays with the company) Michael Cole will become the voice of the WWE. Everyone from my generation will always see J.R as the voice of not only WWE but wrestling but with the PG era lots of kids are going to be brought up with Michael Cole announcing and like it or not kids will sing his praises in 10 years because thats all they know. what do other people make of this?

Robstar
09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
And the generation prior to ours consider Gordon Solie as the voice of wrestling, I'm sure JR still does.

I like Michael Cole. He's playing a character very well and people are meant to hate him. And I agree, if Good Ol' JR was the voice of the Attitude Era, Cole will be the voice of the PG Era. Personally I feel he's fairly safe within the WWE but we all know that that isn't always going to be guaranteed, not while Vinny Mac stays in charge. Vince is as fickle as a menopausal woman on crack.

All I know is I'm glad it's not;
1)Jonathan Coachman
2)Lord Alfred Hayes
3)Tony Schiavone
4)Bruno Sammartino
5)Sean Mooney

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I would have liked Shawn Michaels on commentary with Jerry Lawler instead, but Michael Cole has his moments. It's just when he does that anonymous GM laptop thingy. Makes the hairs on my arms curl from sheer annoyance.

NightWolf
09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
He is okay. I think he was more exciting when he was younger, but that may just be me.

Robstar
09-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I would have liked Shawn Michaels on commentary with Jerry Lawler instead, but Michael Cole has his moments. It's just when he does that anonymous GM laptop thingy. Makes the hairs on my arms curl from sheer annoyance.

As much as I like HBK, I just don't know if commentary is the right thing for him. I think he'd find it hard being so close to the action and not being involved. I think Matt Striker is the only person who is nearly as good as Cole, if somewhat annoying at times. William Regal would be good on commentary.

I looked up Sean Mooney to see what he's doing nowadays and apparantly he has recently interviewed to rejoin the team - NOOOOOOO! ;)

mwinfie
09-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Sorry to go off on one but i truely and utterly despise Micheal Cole. I think he does an awful job, Tazz carried him through commentating on Smackdown but since paired with the King on raw he's my number 1 reason not to watch the show. He's the horrible combination of snidely self deprecating and arrigantly assumptive. The only honest bit he's ever done is too shoot on Daniel Brian because the truth is he thionks he's gold because he's in the WWE and he has no knowledge or respect for the wrestling buisness. He is THE voice of the entertainment buiness, where good ol' JR was, as Gorrila was before him, a voice of wrestling. Cole gets more excited for the did you know segment then any match on the card. He clearly hated JR (you could more then sense it when they worked together and see it on his face on occasions like hall of fame) and is nothing but a second rate knock off, thinking "vintige" will replace any of JRs catchphrases and ripping of Joey Styles legendary "Oh my god" for the far lamer "oh my". He's an internet geek, an arrigant tool and a lousy commentator.
If he's the voice of the next generation in WWE im glad i dont follow the product anymore

The Hipster
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I think Cole is great. They do need to let him ease more easily into the heel role from Mondays to Tuesdays. He still isn't totally heel but he is getting there (much like the early Lawler). It is his geekiness that sells. him. Robstar, I do have debate your list. I agree with most of your choices but would add a few more (granted, I am crossing brands): 1) Mike Tennay (is just AWFUL!!!!!!)
2) Don West
3) David Crockett Jr. (NWA anyone?)
4) Mark Madson (I think an original RAW)
5) Craig DeGeorge (Am I showing my age?)

Jazz
09-08-2010, 08:52 PM
He's alright, seems to get unneeded hate. But that's just me.

Robstar
09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Sorry to go off on one but i truely and utterly despise Micheal Cole. I think he does an awful job, Tazz carried him through commentating on Smackdown but since paired with the King on raw he's my number 1 reason not to watch the show. He's the horrible combination of snidely self deprecating and arrigantly assumptive. The only honest bit he's ever done is too shoot on Daniel Brian because the truth is he thionks he's gold because he's in the WWE and he has no knowledge or respect for the wrestling buisness. He is THE voice of the entertainment buiness, where good ol' JR was, as Gorrila was before him, a voice of wrestling. Cole gets more excited for the did you know segment then any match on the card. He clearly hated JR (you could more then sense it when they worked together and see it on his face on occasions like hall of fame) and is nothing but a second rate knock off, thinking "vintige" will replace any of JRs catchphrases and ripping of Joey Styles legendary "Oh my god" for the far lamer "oh my". He's an internet geek, an arrigant tool and a lousy commentator.
If he's the voice of the next generation in WWE im glad i dont follow the product anymore

Dude. Gorilla Monsoon - seriously wtf? That guy was an average commentator if ever there was one.

If you think for one second that any percieved friction between him and JR is real, then you are truly a mark. (I'll refer you to JR's blog after Cole's Slammy acceptance speech)
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/saturday-blogjr-vsmichael-colepacquiao-vs-mayweatheraustin-rvingno-sun-bowl-jr
http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/thursday-evening-updateuk-poster-guy-contacts-uswarrior-hofhulks-hairy-back
And most tellingly - http://www.jrsbarbq.com/jrs-qa/wwe/after-what-michael-cole-said-during-his-acceptance-speech-slammys-youve-got-go-tna-go-hea

Do you have any comprehension of the fact that Cole has people like Vince and John Laurenatis backstage yelling into his headset exactly what to say? If you have bothered to follow anything JR OR Mick Foley has said about being on commentary, you would know this. Do you think he's this arrogant anti-Daniel Bryan tool when he's at home? Did you not see the pictures of his recent fishing trip with HBK - one of Daniel Bryan's biggest supporters? Add it up - it's just another scripted tv show.

Hipster, lol, DeGeorge was the same era as Mooney so I hear ya. And if you don't remember Gordon Solie, then you aren't that old! (Like your list though)

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I would praise Todd Grisham more than Michael Cole. Grisham calls the match and has good moments with Striker. Cole on the other hand.....-presses the mute button when Cole talks-

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Wade Barrett.

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Wade Barrett would do great on commentary.

AGEOFFALL
09-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Have you seen Wade do commentary in FCW?

Belzova
09-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I would praise Todd Grisham more than Michael Cole. Grisham calls the match and has good moments with Striker. Cole on the other hand.....-presses the mute button when Cole talks-

Todd Grisham is cool. So is Josh Matthews.

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Have you seen Wade do commentary in FCW?

Yeah. He does play a heel commentator well. Wade Barrett in FCW>Michael Cole in RAW

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
Todd Grisham is cool. So is Josh Matthews.

Josh and Todd do great. Josh got my respect for going against Michael Cole's attacks on Bryan.

Tha Crows Nest
09-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Personally I love the Team of Josh Mathews and Micheal Cole. On NXT Cole goes over well as a heel and I like Josh Mathews work. I think if Lawler was to hang up the headset that would be the team I would want on my flagship show. I always thought wrestling was a tad better with a heel and face combo on the headset. I remember when it would sound like JR wanted to kill the kind when the heel was doing something and the king would condone it lol great great tv.

SilverGhost
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I would like to see Wade Barrett and Todd Grisham as commentators on Raw but that would be later on.

Northernwolf
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Don't you ever forget about the best of all...Mike Adamle

Robstar
09-09-2010, 12:06 AM

Yes! Bring Adamle back - as commentator, GM, CEO - everything! Hell let's get him wrestling too :)

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM

I can't take this seriously....

The Hipster
09-09-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh yes Rob Star, I was there for Gordon as well.

Ruggy
09-09-2010, 03:10 PM
What about Todd Pettengill or Bobby "The Brain" Heenan???? :s

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 03:13 PM
I will stay with my comment. Wade Barrett should have a spot in the announcers table.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I will stay with my comment. Wade Barrett should have a spot in the announcers table.

He should but years after he stops wrestling.

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 03:48 PM
He should but years after he stops wrestling.

Of course. I wanna see Wade Barrett wrestle first then take over as commentator.

AGEOFFALL
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I think Striker is better doing Cole's job than Cole.

SilverGhost
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Todd Grisham is doing better than Cole. Even Josh Matthews.

SgtGohan
09-09-2010, 04:12 PM
am i the only one who likes josh matthews lol

Ruggy
09-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Am I the only one who wants Tony Schiavone back??

Robstar
09-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Am I the only one who wants Tony Schiavone back??

Come on Ruggy, I thought I made it clear this was a Schiavone free zone!;) Did not like him.

Josh Matthews does a good job no doubt.

Fact is though, some of the very best colour commentators (not announcers) have been ex-wrestlers. JBL, Tazz, Mick Foley, Jesse Ventura even Macho Man wasn't too bad (can you tell I've been watching WWE Vintage Collection?). Who else would be good? Kane, when he's ready to retire from the ring; Edge; Christian; William Regal; CM Punk; The Miz - all in due time of course. As for right now they could do well to consider Ted DiBiase Sr or Bret Hart or (hope, hope) Chris Jericho. And where's all the chicks? Would you be able to listen to a woman doing play by play?

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Come on Ruggy, I thought I made it clear this was a Schiavone free zone!;) Did not like him.

Fact is though, some of the very best colour commentators (not announcers) have been ex-wrestlers. JBL, Tazz, Mick Foley, Jesse Ventura even Macho Man wasn't too bad (can you tell I've been watching WWE Vintage Collection?). Who else would be good? Kane, when he's ready to retire from the ring; Edge; Christian; William Regal; CM Punk; The Miz - all in due time of course. As for right now they could do well to consider Ted DiBiase Sr or Bret Hart or (hope, hope) Chris Jericho. And where's all the chicks? Would you be able to listen to a woman doing play by play?

They should have female referees. They would be put to better use that way.

DXsuckit
09-10-2010, 02:29 PM
he is so freaking annnoying, i know they need to keep a heel announcer but seriously he needs to keep alittle calmer keep at least a few of his comments to himself and he needs to recognize talent when he sees it. he needs to shut his mouth

AGEOFFALL
09-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I know that on air Michael Cole is acting to his character while on tv, but sometimes it just gets annoying.

SilverGhost
09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
They should have female referees. They would be put to better use that way.

Female refs! xD YES!

No to Cole. Yes to Todd. xD

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Why hasn't there been any female refs?

Ruggy
09-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Why hasn't there been any female refs?

I think it is the old cliche of having a 150lb lady wrestler in the ring with a 300lb man. I don't think a woman being caught in the cross-fire like male refs do would be a good image for WWE to portray to the public.... I could be wrong about that.

Ruggy
09-11-2010, 02:51 AM

OK I will not use the "S" word anymore :)

Being serious I wouldn't be opposed to having one of the old guard appearing much the way Lawler does. Savage wouldn't cut it for me tho. He would get the itch to get back in the ring too quickly. I do agree that Dibiase Sr. could do a job.

I don't think the world is ready for a female comentator. Who would you suggest??

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 03:00 AM
I think it is the old cliche of having a 150lb lady wrestler in the ring with a 300lb man. I don't think a woman being caught in the cross-fire like male refs do would be a good image for WWE to portray to the public.... I could be wrong about that.

Yeah now they worry about that image.

Ruggy
09-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Word is that NAsh is leaving TNA, I think he would contribute on the announcers table.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-11-2010, 05:08 AM
As much as I like HBK, I just don't know if commentary is the right thing for him. I think he'd find it hard being so close to the action and not being involved. I think Matt Striker is the only person who is nearly as good as Cole, if somewhat annoying at times. William Regal would be good on commentary.

I looked up Sean Mooney to see what he's doing nowadays and apparantly he has recently interviewed to rejoin the team - NOOOOOOO! ;)

Sean Mooney is that guy with the cool news reporter voice from the early days of Raw right?

Ruggy
09-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Sean Mooney is that guy with the cool news reporter voice from the early days of Raw right?

Yes he is mate, he was an interviewer mainly, but he did do the odd episode of "superstars".

SilverGhost
09-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Word is that NAsh is leaving TNA, I think he would contribute on the announcers table.

Nash would be great as a commentator! Though I would want Wade Barrett also on commentating. Either way its great.

AGEOFFALL
09-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Nash would work for now.

Tha Crows Nest
09-16-2010, 07:16 PM
SO Micheal Cole walked out on Season 3 of NXT and went on a rant to further his heel gimmick on the show. What do you guys think of this and do you think it means anything at all.

SilverGhost
09-16-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't care for the character Michael Cole. The guy needs a bat to his head.

NWOMyGawd
09-16-2010, 07:53 PM
This is my first post and it is a subject that has kinda taken the fun out of wrestling for me. I stopped watching wrestling for a few years do to military constraints and many deployments. When I stopped watching wrestling, it was J.R. and The King, to me the greatest commentating team in history. I returned to wrestling shortly after Mick Foley left the WWE and joined TNA. I know that this was a long time as i remember John Cena just starting to get over (a great business move by Vince but it kind of made me sick to my stomach) and next thing I know Kurt Angle is now the greatest wrestler in a different company. However, the fact that J.R.'s replacement is Michael Cole is just....well, it's wrong isn't it? There had to be better options out there. I would rather hear Tony Shiavone for crying out loud. Or Lee Marshall. Michael Cole has absolutely no personality and to me has always come across as a joke. I remember The Rock and Stone Cold embarassing him on a daily basis. More than they usually embarrassed people. Now he is supposed to be a heel commentator and they are trying to put him over as one on two different shows. I really don't know who they could bring that would wanna come to WWE, but I'm pretty sure the only thing worse than Michael Cole is Mike Adamle. He needs to just stay in the back and become a joke again.

SilverGhost
09-16-2010, 08:04 PM
This is my first post and it is a subject that has kinda taken the fun out of wrestling for me. I stopped watching wrestling for a few years do to military constraints and many deployments. When I stopped watching wrestling, it was J.R. and The King, to me the greatest commentating team in history. I returned to wrestling shortly after Mick Foley left the WWE and joined TNA. I know that this was a long time as i remember John Cena just starting to get over (a great business move by Vince but it kind of made me sick to my stomach) and next thing I know Kurt Angle is now the greatest wrestler in a different company. However, the fact that J.R.'s replacement is Michael Cole is just....well, it's wrong isn't it? There had to be better options out there. I would rather hear Tony Shiavone for crying out loud. Or Lee Marshall. Michael Cole has absolutely no personality and to me has always come across as a joke. I remember The Rock and Stone Cold embarassing him on a daily basis. More than they usually embarrassed people. Now he is supposed to be a heel commentator and they are trying to put him over as one on two different shows. I really don't know who they could bring that would wanna come to WWE, but I'm pretty sure the only thing worse than Michael Cole is Mike Adamle. He needs to just stay in the back and become a joke again.

First things first man, Welcome to our forum! Also thanks for your serivce.

JR and King is irreplacable as a team. That is certain. I can assure you that Michael Cole is NOT replacing JR. I do see Todd Grisham replacing JR.
The WWE must be stupid by making Cole heel.

nrb6304
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
The guy needs a bat to his head.

why do you and I agree on just about everything??

djsoulslayer
09-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Good riddens. Now I can take the mute off NXT when I decide to watch it. Only now if he could walk off RAW. You gotta admit that turning Cole heel is working. I don't think I have ever disliked him more.

chaos75
09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
I hate having to have one "heel" commentator and one "face". They should just have guys with their personnel opinions. I don't think having Cole in the back doing interviews is right, Todd does a great job anyway.

I love the Cole/Grisham rivalry thing. But that gong thing on NXT was just stupid

eyehatecena
09-16-2010, 09:59 PM
The whole thing with Cole walking off, yeah it was not played out very well at all- that gong thing was pretty lame. At least when Joey Styles walked off Raw a few years back- it was played out very well. I would rather see Styles back than having to hear Cole anymore on commentary- just have him be the GM and keep him off camera and off the mic for most of the show.

chaos75
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
At least when Joey Styles walked off Raw a few years back- it was played out very well. I would rather see Styles back than having to hear Cole anymore on commentary- just have him be the GM and keep him off camera and off the mic for most of the show.

Styles might be the new NXT commentator, they were mentioning him on the show. Cole as GM is a good idea.

AndyWonder
09-16-2010, 10:10 PM
He has no reason to turn heel. Is he really gonna wanna rush to the ring to insult someone and get knocked out for it?

eyehatecena
09-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Styles back on Raw...let NXT die off, lol.

chaos75
09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
He has no reason to turn heel. Is he really gonna wanna rush to the ring to insult someone and get knocked out for it?

His character is a tool, so it's highly likely. I can't even remember when he started his heel thing anyway, was it when NXT started?

Daniel Bryan
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Dear Michael Cole,

Please don't come back to NXT and please leave RAW or at least tell the GM to quit being a pussy and show himself.

Sincerely,
Daniel Bryan

Robstar
09-16-2010, 11:45 PM
The simple fact that WWE has managed to get under so many people's skin with this whole Cole thing is just proof positive that WWE has accomplished exactly what they set out to do. A few points;

1)Cole started to gradually turn heel when it became known that JR would not be returning to announcing. If you consider that Lawler is so well liked by the fans, having him continue to play the heel role was too much of a stretch.

2)Cole has, IMO, done an exemplary job - and he, as much as any WWE Superstar is following the direction of the 'writers'(I use the term loosely). The interpretation I'm getting from a lot of these posts is that Cole simply decided one day to start being a prick, hating on Daniel Bryan and walking out of shows. Don't you know if he did that for real, he probably wouldn't have a job now? I agree, the Styles work was done better because Styles really sold it.(With the help of Tazz)

3)JR was the man - but he's not coming back. Fact.

4)Will Lawler end up doing NXT I wonder? We all know how much he "loves puppies" right?

5)It's looking more and more likely that Cole will be GM.

6)If you recall, Jonathan Coachman took his share of humiliation from wrestlers too. It's probably got a lot to do with why he decided to move on. If I was being told to go on tv each week and act like a fool, I'm not sure I'd want that to be an image I'd want my kid to see of me, y'know? Michael Cole has taken a lot of ribbing over the years and I will bet both my balls that if you could ask Stone Cold or The Rock, out of WWE character, they would tell you what a good sport he was to work with. Anyone who can take that much crap is obviously an extremely loyal, company man.

7)He has the full blessing of Good Ol' JR himself. Do some research and you will find this out.

Geez, it's like getting worked up at Days Of Our Lives! ;)

Daniel Bryan
09-16-2010, 11:55 PM
The simple fact that WWE has managed to get under so many people's skin with this whole Cole thing is just proof positive that WWE has accomplished exactly what they set out to do. A few points;

1)Cole started to gradually turn heel when it became known that JR would not be returning to announcing. If you consider that Lawler is so well liked by the fans, having him continue to play the heel role was too much of a stretch.

2)Cole has, IMO, done an exemplary job - and he, as much as any WWE Superstar is following the direction of the 'writers'(I use the term loosely). The interpretation I'm getting from a lot of these posts is that Cole simply decided one day to start being a prick, hating on Daniel Bryan and walking out of shows. Don't you know if he did that for real, he probably wouldn't have a job now? I agree, the Styles work was done better because Styles really sold it.(With the help of Tazz)

3)JR was the man - but he's not coming back. Fact.

4)Will Lawler end up doing NXT I wonder? We all know how much he "loves puppies" right?

5)It's looking more and more likely that Cole will be GM.

6)If you recall, Jonathan Coachman took his share of humiliation from wrestlers too. It's probably got a lot to do with why he decided to move on. If I was being told to go on tv each week and act like a fool, I'm not sure I'd want that to be an image I'd want my kid to see of me, y'know? Michael Cole has taken a lot of ribbing over the years and I will bet both my balls that if you could ask Stone Cold or The Rock, out of WWE character, they would tell you what a good sport he was to work with. Anyone who can take that much crap is obviously an extremely loyal, company man.

7)He has the full blessing of Good Ol' JR himself. Do some research and you will find this out.

Geez, it's like getting worked up at Days Of Our Lives! ;)

no dude i agree he is a great character honestly but he botches a lot of his commentary i think he would do better though if vince wasnt in his ear all the time

Robstar
09-17-2010, 02:31 AM
no dude i agree he is a great character honestly but he botches a lot of his commentary i think he would do better though if vince wasnt in his ear all the time

Bloody oath mate. The headset direction was the reason that Foley walked out, if the stories are true from what I've heard, if you are a person not easily intimidated it's gonna be pretty hard to stomach for too long. I think Cole has manuevered himself into a directorial role, which would lend to the idea of taking him off the mic and move him to GM. I hate to put it out there, but he IS the new JR - but the OLD JR, who was Vice President of the company before being right royally screwed by Vince into lesser and lesser roles - I think Cole is Vince's go-to guy now. And Haitch of course. ;)

AGEOFFALL
09-17-2010, 03:49 AM
I love Michael Cole!!!

jethro
09-17-2010, 05:26 AM
I think Cole did a decent job,I notice he repeats "a pin and a kickout at two" alot though,felt repetitive.

Cole slow heel turn is interesting,especially when he cheer for The Miz.

Also this week Raw Jericho shout at Cole was hilarious,thank you Jericho

Necroyeti
09-17-2010, 09:49 AM
The Cole rage in this thread is pretty funny considering that when Joey Styles did a similar worked shoot a few years back, the internet fans were practically nominating the man for sainthood. I guess it's still cool/fashionable to hate on Michael Cole in the IWC, even though he's blatantly been rescued from the Scrappy heap (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap) lately.

SilverGhost
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM
why do you and I agree on just about everything??

Because I am Miz's reincarnation....so I'm AWESOME!

MattElder
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I cant stand Cole fo one reason and its not his charcter!!!
As a person i dont think he can act, he has no emotion and a monotone voice.

SilverGhost
09-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Styles back on Raw...let NXT die off, lol.

Joey Styles? Oh man....finally the TRUE voice.

eyehatecena
09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
If styles came back to Raw, I would actually watch it every week, not just DVR it and farward to the good stuff. I would rather hear commentators talk about the matches, or the wrestlers...I mean WWE Superstars, strenghts...or any other facts about them. I hate that they have to keep promoting the PPV at all monets....talk aboy what is going on right now in the ring....just talk about promototing the PPV a little less

NWOMyGawd
09-17-2010, 11:10 AM
It's not so much that I have a problem with Michael Cole becoming a heel or the way he is going about it. I just have a problem with Michael Cole. He is boring, has zero personality and the sound of his voice is only ahead of Vickie Guererro's and Jillian's in my opinion. Its one thing to have a couple of bad qualities when you are an announcer.....but when EVERYTHING is a problem then it just doesn't work. As a backstage interviewer, he only had to say a few words then pass it off to the wrestler(s) he was interviewing. Hell...I remember when he was able to do a full interview with a t-shirt over his face (Thanx Rock). I understand that the matches just aren't what they used to be, with high spots in all matches, but thats even more reason why you should have an exciting announce team bc half the time I'm so bored during the match that the only thing that excites me about most of them is hearing how The King is gonna react to certain things. Shouldn't it be both announcers jobs to excite the fans?
He is doing a great job going heel. I will give him credit where credit is due and I think that he has far surpassed most non-wrestling heels that WWE has had. But I really find that I have a hard time listening to someone who not only is a horrible announcer but I can't stand him as well. Add in all the things that WWE has screwed up in the past years (IMO going PG, not pushing younger talent, losing Kurt Angle, keeping Joe Lauranitis as V.P. et al) and the amount of actual good wrestling that we see (I was excited to see Regal vs Golddust as I thought it would be a really good match, but the comedic way they did the match did work for me....but they need to let these two actually have a wrestling match), it's easy to see why they are losing ratings and just not connecting with their fans. I think I'm rambling at this point, but I hope this cleared my opinion up a little bit.

eyehatecena
09-17-2010, 11:17 AM
That was not rambeling, you made your points clear. I agree with what you are saying.

SilverGhost
09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
It's not so much that I have a problem with Michael Cole becoming a heel or the way he is going about it. I just have a problem with Michael Cole. He is boring, has zero personality and the sound of his voice is only ahead of Vickie Guererro's and Jillian's in my opinion. Its one thing to have a couple of bad qualities when you are an announcer.....but when EVERYTHING is a problem then it just doesn't work. As a backstage interviewer, he only had to say a few words then pass it off to the wrestler(s) he was interviewing. Hell...I remember when he was able to do a full interview with a t-shirt over his face (Thanx Rock). I understand that the matches just aren't what they used to be, with high spots in all matches, but thats even more reason why you should have an exciting announce team bc half the time I'm so bored during the match that the only thing that excites me about most of them is hearing how The King is gonna react to certain things. Shouldn't it be both announcers jobs to excite the fans?
He is doing a great job going heel. I will give him credit where credit is due and I think that he has far surpassed most non-wrestling heels that WWE has had. But I really find that I have a hard time listening to someone who not only is a horrible announcer but I can't stand him as well. Add in all the things that WWE has screwed up in the past years (IMO going PG, not pushing younger talent, losing Kurt Angle, keeping Joe Lauranitis as V.P. et al) and the amount of actual good wrestling that we see (I was excited to see Regal vs Golddust as I thought it would be a really good match, but the comedic way they did the match did work for me....but they need to let these two actually have a wrestling match), it's easy to see why they are losing ratings and just not connecting with their fans. I think I'm rambling at this point, but I hope this cleared my opinion up a little bit.

Dude I agree with you.

This is why I prefer Todd Grisham.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
09-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Cole is better than good ole JR, U MAD?

SilverGhost
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM

This will never....AND THE ROCK MEANS NEVER!!!! ever happen!

Robstar
09-17-2010, 03:09 PM

Never said that! I said he's Vince's go-to guy now, the guy who Vince can leave in charge when he's not around - if you read carefully, I said he's the new JR, in that respect ;)

SilverGhost
09-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Never said that! I said he's Vince's go-to guy now, the guy who Vince can leave in charge when he's not around - if you read carefully, I said he's the new JR, in that respect ;)

-gets gun and shoots self-

Just because Cole is on monday nights, doesn't make him a new JR.

TheAgeOfAndy
09-18-2010, 04:17 AM
His character is a tool, so it's highly likely. I can't even remember when he started his heel thing anyway, was it when NXT started?

I'm pretty sure her started his heel routine when The Miz won Money in the Bank. To be honest I like Mikey as a heel, its been long overdue to turn one of the announcers heel so that what they actually talk about might be entertaining. The only downside is that it isn't King who made the turn.

Jinx_Orton_Hardy
09-18-2010, 09:28 AM
well thats just Vintage :)
LOOOL!

Necroyeti
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
well thats just Vintage :)
LOOOL!
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6969/colelol.jpg

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-18-2010, 11:09 AM
thank god hes off my tv on one show shame its not raw though go back to smackdown cole or just fuck off in general hes a vintage jackass

SilverGhost
09-18-2010, 10:26 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6969/colelol.jpg

Hyuck Hyuck Hyuck!

maddogg336
09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
I like micheal cole to me he is funny in a corny way lol but what r ur thoghts i know ppl are gona hate but i dont care its my opinion

SilverGhost
09-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Kiss ass to the Miz.

mikenigma
09-21-2010, 11:13 PM
I really like his recent attitude change. I think one thing wrestling has been missing for a long time is a good heel/face commentary team. As in Hennan/Monsoon. It'll never be that good again, but it's a step in the right direction.

djsoulslayer
09-21-2010, 11:18 PM
This Cole angle is growing on me. I may be going crazy but I actually kinda liked Matthews/Punk/Cole on commentary this past NXT. If the WWE does this thing right, Michael Cole could be a really good heel announcer. I just wish he would stop kissing so much a**.

maddogg336
09-21-2010, 11:32 PM
I really like his recent attitude change. I think one thing wrestling has been missing for a long time is a good heel/face commentary team. As in Hennan/Monsoon. It'll never be that good again, but it's a step in the right direction.

Heenan is the greatest heel/kiss ass commentator of all time

Jamie66
09-21-2010, 11:52 PM
He is doing a brlliant job at getting heat, good on him!

WilliamJames
09-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Todd Grisham is better. Shockingly.

SilverGhost
09-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Todd Grisham is better. Shockingly.

Grisham is doing WAY better than Cole. I prefer him calling a match than Cole kissing ass.

WilliamJames
09-22-2010, 12:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1PhviIAt4&feature=related

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 12:18 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!

Ok, Rage moment!

Northernwolf
09-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Cole is far from funny.

The last Raw he was on he was arguing with The Hart Dynasty and every joke he tried to do bombed and made him sound like an ass.

Dont get me wrong The Hart Dynasty did just as bad if not worse than Cole did.

In the end Cole is a good heel that gets under your skin.

But Cole please keep the funny side to yourself.

jethro
09-22-2010, 07:26 AM
When he try to be funny,its horrible...as of right now,he is a decent heel.

Enjoyable funny heel - bobby heenan and jerry lawler

maddogg336
09-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Cole is far from funny.

The last Raw he was on he was arguing with The Hart Dynasty and every joke he tried to do bombed and made him sound like an ass.

Dont get me wrong The Hart Dynasty did just as bad if not worse than Cole did.

In the end Cole is a good heel that gets under your skin.

But Cole please keep the funny side to yourself.
I said he was funny in a corny way cause when he say a joke its like wtf is this dude talkin bout lol and its funny to "ME"

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Its no secret that Cole does BOTCHMANIA when he is commentating. The heel and kissing ass side of him honestly isn't working. Sure he is calling some matches, but when it comes to belittling wrestlers he should either shut the hell up or call the match.

Thank God for Todd Grisham.

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Cole isn't good at being face or heel, really - as a face he can't be used, he turns marks against top wrestlers. And as a heel he just cant be taken seriously, he always contradicts himself!

JBL and JR. Thats the only team WWE needs.

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 09:26 AM
JBL and JR would make a great team. I don't mind if they get carried away and talk about Texas and Oklahoma on which is the best.

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 09:49 AM
JBL and JR would make a great team. I don't mind if they get carried away and talk about Texas and Oklahoma on which is the best.

Agreed! I thibk JBL used to break kayfabe a lot, and thats why he wasnt kept on as announcer. But I found it funny. The TNA commentators do it a lot, but I gues TNA has an audience of 99% smart fans anyway, so its not important

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Agreed! I thibk JBL used to break kayfabe a lot, and thats why he wasnt kept on as announcer. But I found it funny. The TNA commentators do it a lot, but I gues TNA has an audience of 99% smart fans anyway, so its not important

JBL was great as commentator. Making Cole shut up. As for the pairing of JBL and JR, there is something there. It wouldn't be one voice of wrestling. It would be two because of JBL.

I wouldn't mind to see Wade Barrett on commentary either. Him with Todd Grisham or Josh Matthews.

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
JBL was great as commentator. Making Cole shut up. As for the pairing of JBL and JR, there is something there. It wouldn't be one voice of wrestling. It would be two because of JBL.

I wouldn't mind to see Wade Barrett on commentary either. Him with Todd Grisham or Josh Matthews.

I'd rather see Wade wrestle!

Have JBL and JR worked together before? I think it could really work.

SilverGhost
09-22-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd rather see Wade wrestle!

Have JBL and JR worked together before? I think it could really work.

A few times I think.

Splattered-Dreams
09-22-2010, 11:17 AM
WWE don't know commentary anyway :\ When Joey Styles announced on Raw for a while, the first few weeks were f-ing great, he was calling everything perfectly and he brought a certain epicness to every match. And then, Vince tells him that was wrong, and he should be focussing more on yabbering on about storylines. IMO WWE needs to take a pae out of TNAs playbook, at least where commentary is concerned

shambo2k9
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM

lmao first post on the forum... and just want to say i think thats the best thing and funniest thing JBL has ever done lol

ps - its the video after coles rant.

maddogg336
09-22-2010, 03:29 PM
is a heels job to do wateva it takes to make u not like them yea my point exactly

The Hipster
09-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Cole is doing great but when he goes way over, a la the Hart Dynasy attack, it is too forced. Other than that, it's funny. It is weird to hear King be the face and admonish Cole, It's KIng/JR reversed

dave-flames
09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The only thing thats getting on my nerves about Cole is that he keeps calling everything vintage..

eyehatecena
09-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Yah, I agree, someyimes what Cole says does sound forced. And durinf Danielsons beatdown Cole remains silent? I expected him to actually say something.
I think CM Punk did a better job last night than Cole has done his whole WWE career, lol. Na, Cole is not the worst- just wish they would lets the annoceers talk about whats going on in the ring.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 01:16 AM
The only thing thats getting on my nerves about Cole is that he keeps calling everything vintage..

Cole made "Vintage" lose its meaning....

Bam
09-24-2010, 01:52 AM
I think The Joker would have been better on commentary with Lawler. King used to get really hyper when he was with Coach, JR, and Styles. I heard he even thought about walking away once after JR went to smackdown!. He always sounds bored to be there in my opinion.

SilverGhost
09-24-2010, 01:55 AM
I think The Joker would have been better on commentary with Lawler. King used to get really hyper when he was with Coach, JR, and Styles. I heard he even thought about walking away once after JR went to smackdown!. He always sounds bored to be there in my opinion.

I don't blame King. I would walk away if I was with Cole. JR and King is a pair of legends anyways. If they should go out, they should go out calling their last and greatest match of all time.

john42277
09-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Cole sucks. His man crush on the Miz & Alex Riley is not funny (He is also starting to love Cody Rhodes) It just sucks. Keep your love affair with Miz off TV. And I quote "Michael Cole is a douchbag"

Belzova
09-28-2010, 07:28 PM

I would LOVE to see this Michael Cole on tv. xD Instead of vintage it would be... "OMFG! A F^&%ing RKO!"

IrkenInvader
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I would LOVE to see this Michael Cole on tv. xD Instead of vintage it would be... "OMFG! A F^&%ing RKO!"

Not with the PG crap.

Damn never seen this side of Cole before.

IrkenInvader
09-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I love the moment when CM Punk was on commentary, and said one of the NXT rookies moves was "Vintage." Josh said "vintage she's only had one match. How is that vintage?"

SilverGhost
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I love the moment when CM Punk was on commentary, and said one of the NXT rookies moves was "Vintage." Josh said "vintage she's only had one match. How is that vintage?"

Cole and his Vintage....spreading like a disease.

Lance Storm
01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm am sick and tired of Michael Cole and his lack of wrestling knowledge. This whole heel angle is making me nauseous and the one thing he should be focusing on, he is suffering. I lost count how many times he has miscalled signature and finishing maneuvers and last night at the Rumble was the straw that broke the camel's back. Striker bailed his ass out so many times last night. Enough is enough and he needs to go and be replaced by Matt Striker or bring back Joey Styles.

CMhuw24
01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Who would youu replace him with?
And he wont be going anywhere anytime soon with The Miz as champ.

Lance Storm
01-31-2011, 08:08 PM

I said Matt Striker or Joey Styles at the end of my post.

Necroyeti
01-31-2011, 08:11 PM
I, for one, am a Cole Miner who thinks heel Cole is absolutely genius.... but as a play-by-play announcer, there's no denying it, he's absolutely atrocious.

He should be turned into a pure heel color commentator, (similar to late 90's Lawler) but that's just not gonna be possible when he's paired with Lawler and/or Striker - Striker is way too lyrical way too often to be a good play-by-play, and King just plain fucking sucks nowadays. He really needs to be counter-balanced by someone totally deadpan and unfunny, like Mathews (perfect) or Grisham.

By the way, anyone mark the fuck out when Striker CORRECTLY called Orton's powerslam at the Rumble, before Cole had a chance to do his "SCOOP SLAM BY ORTON" schtick?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
By the way, anyone mark the fuck out when Striker CORRECTLY called Orton's powerslam at the Rumble, before Cole had a chance to do his "SCOOP SLAM BY ORTON" schtick?

Haha, he'd probably been waiting and did it just to piss Cole off.

Rich Cranium
01-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I know this may cause me some 'flaming' which I'm totally terrified about ;) but I actually don't have an issue with Cole. I laugh when he marks out over Miz and whether he's dry humping King or jumping up and down like a kid at Xmas.

Lance Storm
01-31-2011, 08:16 PM
I, for one, am a Cole Miner who thinks heel Cole is absolutely genius.... but as a play-by-play announcer, there's no denying it, he's absolutely atrocious.

He should be turned into a pure heel color commentator, (similar to late 90's Lawler) but that's just not gonna be possible when he's paired with Lawler and/or Striker - Striker is way too lyrical way too often to be a good play-by-play, and King just plain fucking sucks nowadays. He really needs to be counter-balanced by someone totally deadpan and unfunny, like Mathews (perfect) or Grisham.

Plus, instead of horrible Cole with the "Vintage Orton DDT" call. Striker called it correctly, "Suspension DDT."

WWTNA Mark
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Cole is a great color commentator but as a play-by-play announcer, he sucks balls. The issue I have with Cole is that he has the nerve to get on Striker's announcer but at least Striker knows about the moves the wrestlers are going to proceed in doing. Call me crazy but I think they are just hard on him because of the situation that happened with him disrespecting HBK.

Androo
01-31-2011, 09:00 PM
I like the new cole, hes a character, a heel now. He is portraying an annoying, arrogant broadcaster, and he does it very well! I pissed myself last night at some of the things he says/does just coz i know its his character and hes doing it well! Weve also got to remember that Vince or someone is in his ears telling him things to say, he doesnt come up with everything he says. But obviously he'll have to add his own responses to things in the vein of his heelish persona. Also he literally is the "voice of the wwe". He has to rattle off tonnes of spiel in order to describe something, promote something, remind us of what happened, pertaining to wrestlers actions, the story, etc, every week that he gets given to say. And then of-course hes gonna miss a few things, get muddled up on occasions, or incorrectly name a move, sooooooo?

When Stryker went on about some hockey player being 6foot9 and big show being taller than him, cole jumped in - "WHO CAREEEESSSS?!?!" he was probably told to say that, or not, thats funny to me now!!!! Thats him! Hell Jerry Lawler is ten times worse!! He's a legend, yeh and i like him, and respect him for that, but hes well known for not even watching the product, the shows, or getting back up info! When stryker called a move by Natalya a "modified Michinoku driver" Jerry had no idea what it was, he couldnt even say it!!! It had completely left him that Taka Michinoku was once a member of the wwe roster for around 5 years!!

The Brown One
01-31-2011, 09:10 PM

Booker T. Enough said.

Necroyeti
01-31-2011, 09:10 PM
hes a character
This is something that many people seem to forget. I really hope Cole does a proper shoot interview one of these days, he always seems very formal and keeps to himself but I bet he's an interesting motherfucker IRL

K2Jelly
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Booker T. Enough said.

Fuck Booker. JBL FTW!!!

Iron Ape
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Booker T as the play-by-play guy? Oh, God no. That would be absolutely horrendous.

Bodom
01-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Booker T as the play-by-play guy? Oh, God no. That would be absolutely horrendous.

Booker T: Agreed.

Black Snow: GOLD

The Brown One
02-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Fuck Booker. JBL FTW!!!

JBL's got his own business going, so no.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-01-2011, 12:57 AM
I must admit I'm a Cole Miner but his play by play sucks http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8mRvLdRqCqawyMKNdyhyCT9guY7_1q yw2oPquRsG_-SCmdbt6SQ. If Cole is pissing you off he is not only doing his job, he is doing it to perfection. So I say to Mr. Cole, job well done.

on a side note, Damn near every time I hear Matt Striker announce I like the guy more and more. His style is refreshing and not only that he is a pro rasslin encyclopedia. If I was Striker I would be patting myself on the back for a job well done.

U MAD???

SaberToothTigerz
02-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I must admit I'm a Cole Miner but his play by play sucks http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8mRvLdRqCqawyMKNdyhyCT9guY7_1q yw2oPquRsG_-SCmdbt6SQ. If Cole is pissing you off he is not only doing his job, he is doing it to perfection. So I say to Mr. Cole, job well done.

on a side note, Damn near every time I hear Matt Striker announce I like the guy more and more. His style is refreshing and not only that he is a pro rasslin encyclopedia. If I was Striker I would be patting myself on the back for a job well done.

U MAD???

that's what vince cant understant
the real wrestling fans get behind matt striker for his knowledge of wrestling in general
guys like cole and king are just characters, sure they have charisma but are constantly arguing
now i dont have a problem when cole bashed king for winning the royal rumble last raw
seeing how pissed he was it was hilarious

Kid_Gangsta
02-01-2011, 08:23 AM
I AM a COLE MINER as well, but lately hes has been anoyying and sloppy with his work. IDK something needs to change.
But yo, on RAW i LOVED the way Micael Cole spazzed out on Cena, and Jeryy Lawler it was GOLDDDDDD. I haven't LOL'd so much in a long time.

WWTNA Mark
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I want Chet Lemon and Black Snow back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPuDQbSOooY

HeelTurn
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Hes good at being an annoying tool, which is his character. I think its funny when he goes over the top with the Miz appearing or winning matches. However as everyone said he cant do play by play, never has and probably never will (hes been commentating for what 10 years?).

PrimusSucks
02-01-2011, 05:15 PM
The best thing he does is when he stands up and claps everytime Miz comes out, that is pure genius.

HeelTurn
02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
The best thing he does is when he stands up and claps everytime Miz comes out, that is pure genius.

Its hilarious when he jumps up and down cheering when the Miz wins, a grown man in a suit doing this is comedy gold.

AGEOFFALL
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Nah he does his job well enough.

WWTNA Mark
02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Nah he does his job well enough.

Yeah....... okay!

Trips88
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM

Striker would be my choice. He is like the modern day Finkel cuz the guy knows everything and he's not a giant ass clown like Cole. I agree, Cole needs to go!!!

CaptainCharisma
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree that he plays the annoying heel commentator very well. The way he marks out to Miz makes me lolwtfbbq so much. But I would love to see more Matt Striker, I enjoy how he knows what the actual names of moves are and that the moves aren't "Vintage Miz" or "Vintage Randy Orton". Less Cole and Lawler, more Striker please.

Justdawg08
02-07-2011, 11:31 PM
I really can't stand Michael Cole anymore.

There is playing a heel... and then there is being counter productive.

How in the world are you suppose to get the faces over when new fans turn onto a product and Alex Riley and Michael Cole are sitting there for 15 minutes, not calling ONE FUCKING MOVE. And simply being hypocrites, bashing everything about the two faces... they aren't even putting over the heels.. they're just BASHING the faces....

And when it's Michael Cole and The King... well lets be honest... King can't do the faces justice with Michael Coles big mouth out there, anytime the King would try and say something good Michael Cole just raises his voice and you cant even hear The King.

Where is McMahon's leash when you need it? Please put that shit on Michael Cole.. I almost turned the channel during Miz/Dibiase Vs Bryan/King just because of the announcing....

Oh and I must say.. Booker T joining the Smackdown announce team was great.. finally someone with credibility to make Cole sound like the retard that he is. Hell Cole's even trying to bury Booker's voice though...

Michael Cole... is the guy who used to get wedgies from DX and cry like a baby... and suddenly he is a big shot? WTF...

WWTNA Mark
02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Dude, he is a heel and he is Michael Cole. You are expecting way too much if you think Cole is gonna call a move while putting over the wrestlers.

Iron Ape
02-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Booker T was terrible the other night. I don't know how anyone could have watched that broadcast and not come to the same conclusion.

Justdawg08
02-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Guys... Cole doesn't do anything but make people LOOK BAD.

And the one guy he tries to put over... The Miz... isn't really working so well now is it?

Don't worry.. he also puts over Vickie Guerrero...

That is about it...

Theres being a heel.. and then theres just being a dumbass.. and Michael Cole is a dumbass.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-08-2011, 12:23 AM
I think this is the 1008th thread about Michael Cole. haahhahahahaha, To everyone that gets mad at him, your not smart enough to understand, THATS THE WHOLE F"N POINT. Your suppose to dislike/hate him. He is doing his job so well he is indeed the voice of the WWE. I'm a Cole miner and I for one enjoy his over the top bullshit, its refreshing and quite frankly I think you guys really miss good ole JR but sadly he's not coming back.

on a side note I completely agree Iron Ape, Booker T was awful, just plain awful. he stopped in mid sentence and you could tell he was nervous. Anyone that thought he did a good job is delusional.

U MAD???

Kashdinero
02-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Vinnie won't be putting a leash on Cole, as he's the one telling him (probably word for word) what to say!

As for Booker's performance?

It had me yearning for the return of Adamle! At least I never felt bad for laughing at his incompetence!

Robstar
02-08-2011, 01:48 AM
Booker wasn't the best but what do you guys think of his chances of getting better. I think he'll improve. Take Cole off Smackdown and put Striker back in his place ;)

Kashdinero
02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Booker wasn't the best but what do you guys think of his chances of getting better. I think he'll improve. Take Cole off Smackdown and put Striker back in his place ;)

I reckon anyone as talented as Booker would be ashamed of that performance. Therefore, I think he'll have no choice but to improve, otherwise he'd never be able to live with himself!

Right now, the best way they could improve the announce team would be to remove Cole and Mathews and replace them with Striker and GoldDust! :)
Reunite the Odd couple, turn Matt heel and we've got ourselves a winner!

Also, Cole and Mathews as the announcers of Raw with Jerry getting the Old Yeller treatment after Wrestlemania sounds good to me ;)

the wrestling shade
02-08-2011, 03:38 AM
I can understand where are you coming from my friend but you must also understand that the play by play first and most important job is to announce the matches and call the moves within the match hyping the main events and other stuff i mean if Mr mcmahon wants to make a character with michael cole... well... i cant understand this, but the least he could do is to make michael cole a manager(MIZ manager in this case), or somthing like maybe the raw general manager. I mean he obviously have the skill to be a good heel, but not on the expense of the announce job. But instead he wants to develop him while he is sitting on that table and not calling anything the right way. its just wrong!!!
i think booker T will improve as time goes by. give him a chance!!

U MAD???[/QUOTE]

Shelts9192
02-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Well, I was actually going to write a thread on Alex Riley and Cole last night actually - cause I thought they were bloody hilarious!! Alex was superb and it shows you just how good his mic skills really are, and them two were bouncing off each other, making great comments - granted not about the match, but it didn't take any of it away for me, actually made King's "Punch- Punch- Punch- Punch- Punch- Off-the-top-rope-Punch" moveset bearable!

And when Cole got up and started chanting with the fans in R-Truth's match and when he completely slammed Natalya when she made that comment, which lets face it, pissed all over the WWE Raw sponsor (although, I did think he was a little too harsh on her, and that's why he pulled back some harsh comments at the end of the match) - Cole was on FORM! If you hate him, he's doing his job well!

And Kashdinero, I really wouldn't want to see GOLDUST behind that announce desk - as a huge fan, I'd love to see a title run for Goldy soon, either with Book, or Cody - but I think we should put Matt Striker back and let Josh Matthews just call a great show where Cole and Booker don't just argue (and I know I've just been bigging up Cole on Raw, put with Booker in the mix and how bad he was, I just found them annoying)

Kashdinero
02-08-2011, 05:22 AM
GoldDust temporarily adding some colour to the smackdown commentary team would be great! While he heals up, it'd be a great way to have him on TV.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-08-2011, 06:05 AM
here's the thing, wasn't Cole's move to SmackDown temporary because they wanted to get someone credible to replace Grisham as play-by-play. And a few months later, we get Josh Mathews isn't he credible to lead the SmackDown announce table with Striker or now Booker T? Sure Cole is the new voice of the WWE, but when JR had that role, we never saw him voice Raw and SmackDown every week. I think it's time to keep Cole on Raw and let him do his schtick while being the GM's bitch.

The Brown One
02-08-2011, 06:33 AM
Guys... Cole doesn't do anything but make people LOOK BAD.

And the one guy he tries to put over... The Miz... isn't really working so well now is it?

Don't worry.. he also puts over Vickie Guerrero...

That is about it...

Theres being a heel.. and then theres just being a dumbass.. and Michael Cole is a dumbass.

I think he was told to put over The Miz so much so that people hate The Miz even more. They want to cement him as the heel of the company..and people want him to lose. When Cole talks so highly about him, it pisses people off, and makes them want to see Miz lose. And when Miz does lose, the fans are very happy. Thats Cole's job. Same thing goes for Vickie, except the match part. I think they just wanted a mouthpiece for Dolph, and a heel authority figure.

Also, I think that Booker's commentary skills were under my expectations. I expected him to call the match more, but he barely said anything throughout the show. Maybe because Cole wouldn't shutup, but I think that he needs to call the match more, than just sit there. Only time will tell how good he is.

SaberToothTigerz
02-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I think this is the 1008th thread about Michael Cole. haahhahahahaha, To everyone that gets mad at him, your not smart enough to understand, THATS THE WHOLE F"N POINT. Your suppose to dislike/hate him. He is doing his job so well he is indeed the voice of the WWE. I'm a Cole miner and I for one enjoy his over the top bullshit, its refreshing and quite frankly I think you guys really miss good ole JR but sadly he's not coming back.

on a side note I completely agree Iron Ape, Booker T was awful, just plain awful. he stopped in mid sentence and you could tell he was nervous. Anyone that thought he did a good job is delusional.

U MAD???

booker T only had one night ofc he would make mistakes and be nervous i would too
being away from the wwe for 2 or 3 years and finally coming back and do announcing its hard..

THEKEVINBRAND
02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Booker T was terrible the other night. I don't know how anyone could have watched that broadcast and not come to the same conclusion.

I beg to differ Iron Ape, I quote this from JR's blog from last night:
Nice work by Booker T on his first outing on Friday Night Smackdown at the announce desk. Booker will advance even farther when, or if, the SD announce team is perhaps Booker and Josh Mathews, who has improved more than any WWE announcer IMO over the past year or so.

Lowki
02-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't hate michael cole but heels are supposed to make you hate them but not drive you to muting the show... There's a heel then there's just irrititating.
When he just keeps on ranting and shouting it just makes him look like a bit of a tool. Vickie shouting doesn't go through me nearly as bad as Cole.

ELNIOJR
02-09-2011, 07:12 PM
It's no Secret that many people HATE Michael Cole but...i for one, i respect what he does, and right now for example, Cole is doing just Great! Honestly i thing we need ANOTHER FACE COMMENTATOR that can actually "Challenge" MCole, because Jerry Lawler...Doesnt have what it takes. I believe Josh Mattews would do a Better Job, and him and Cole actually have good Chemestry. But i guess WWE is afraid of Something. At least make it 3...Jerry-Cole-Josh!

The reason im here, it's because last Monday on Raw, Michael Cole FINALLY SAID something that ive been waiting for...for a LONG, LONG TIME! He finally HATES John Cena...:D And what about when R-Truth messed Up with that "Green Bay" Stuff? ahahaha He was Wishing Mason Ryan could DESTROY the Guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-QWKlAkQ0

Lance Storm
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I HATE MICHAEL COLE, but the "Milwaukee" thing was fantastic.

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
yes michael cole finally saying something bad about cena was about god damn time!!!
if cole insults cena then i got no reason to hate him :D

ELNIOJR
02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Bottom Line is...Cole will HATE everybody who mess with The Miz. And if Cena is next...SO BE IT! Gonna be Fun, him talking about the shirts, the hats, :D

dupergreenie
02-09-2011, 07:34 PM
what i would have liked to see is kinda put real life into it. i'd have vinny mac come out and bash him (when cole was a 'good guy') about how bad his announcing is. then cole basically have enough of being treated like crap from him and the fans that he turns disgruntled and hates everything 'good' in wwe. him being the spokesperson for the gm was ok at first, but it has gotten stale. i do think that bringing in a 3rd guy would help, king isnt really a good 'face' announcer.

Rich Cranium
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I was thinking the day after raw that since Vince was there and as soon as RTruth messed up, that maybe Vince was the mastermind behind the Cole madness that ensued.

Trips88
02-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I really don't think Cole is that good at his job to be honest. I think he plays a heal very well but see I think announcer and I think of someone who can actually call the matches and use the correct names of moves and holds. Cole is the WORST about calling the actual match correctly, and you guys think that he should be praised because he mocked John Cena? We all do that on here every single day! Not saying I'm pro Cena or anti Cole, but a man who is to fuck-tarded to call a match without calling at least one or two moves by the wrong name, SHOULD NOT BE AN ANNOUNCER! If you want him to act like that then put him back doing interviews like Coach did or even make him the damn GM but pleeeeeeease get that dip shit away from ringside cuz the way he does his actual JOB is fuckin clown shoes.

The Brown One
02-09-2011, 08:04 PM
I really don't think Cole is that good at his job to be honest. I think he plays a heal very well but see I think announcer and I think of someone who can actually call the matches and use the correct names of moves and holds. Cole is the WORST about calling the actual match correctly, and you guys think that he should be praised because he mocked John Cena? We all do that on here every single day! Not saying I'm pro Cena or anti Cole, but a man who is to fuck-tarded to call a match without calling at least one or two moves by the wrong name, SHOULD NOT BE AN ANNOUNCER! If you want him to act like that then put him back doing interviews like Coach did or even make him the damn GM but pleeeeeeease get that dip shit away from ringside cuz the way he does his actual JOB is fuckin clown shoes.

Good point. Cole wasn't actually that good at his job even before he turned heel, and became the "mouthpiece of the WWE".

Justdawg08
02-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Cole sucks... he ain't a good heel... he's just a dumbass

He gets worked up about the stupidest things... he plays his heel role on all the wrong moments... the only time Cole looks good as a heel is when he is actually scripted into the show to look like one, rather than just TRYING to play one...

I can't take anyone seriously who used to be DX's wedgie bitch.

Stinger187
02-09-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-QWKlAkQ0

That cole moment was awesome! I fell out of my seat when he said that!

CobraNightviper
02-09-2011, 09:30 PM
yeah I don't think Cole knows a single move oh wait he knows that stroke(scf)miz uses thats about it he probably can't even call a move by it's real name(not wwe move names but what they were called originally)

CobraNightviper
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
but yes he is hillarious but he knows nothing about wrestling or the moves.
That cole moment was awesome! I fell out of my seat when he said that!

thetheme
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Shouldn't this be, "Awwwwwww hell... Michael Cole"?

Trips88
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Like I said, if Cole want's to play the bag guy role then that's fine. Some of his heel antics are even kinda funny from time to time like when he led the fans in the Milwaukee chant. My problem is that he's an announcer that can't announce. He can stay in the business but he needs a different job ASAP!

Automatic
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
The guy is a bad announcer, but he can make me laugh sometimes man, I say replace King with Striker and I'm happy.

Bodom
02-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Just move him to Color and all will be fine.

el gabo
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Just move him to Color and all will be fine.

I've always thought of Cole as a color and not play by play.

To me, he's doing a great job I really don't know why people bitch that much. Stryker was truly annoying all though he was doing a much better job lately. He cranked down the annoying to a much more tolerable level.

Bodom
02-11-2011, 11:28 AM
The complaints are that he distracts from the product. Which is true, his antics can be entertaining but they take away from the match. He's a color commentator in a play-by-play role. It doesn't work and it'll make a lot more sense if they move him to color.

I never had a problem with Striker. He's a decent announcer and not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. You get the sense that he actually enjoys being there. At times he can get a bit annoying, but I have a feeling that's a result of having McMahon always in your ear.

RomanFlare
02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
The complaints are that he distracts from the product. Which is true, his antics can be entertaining but they take away from the match. He's a color commentator in a play-by-play role. It doesn't work and it'll make a lot more sense if they move him to color.

I never had a problem with Striker. He's a decent announcer and not as bad as everybody makes him out to be. You get the sense that he actually enjoys being there. At times he can get a bit annoying, but I have a feeling that's a result of having McMahon always in your ear.

Personally, Striker on PbP and Cole on Color seems like the 'E's best team really. Maybe turn down the volume on Cole's mic though. Just a smidge.

Robstar
02-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Dedicated to the subject of Michael Cole. Love him or hate him - post it here! Not a week goes by without a new thread starting up about him! However you feel about him, he sure gets people talking. ;)

Stinger187
02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Dedicated to the subject of Michael Cole. Love him or hate him - post it here! Not a week goes by without a new thread starting up about him! However you feel about him, he sure gets people talking. ;)
Good glad you put them all together there's always at least 2 a week made! Doesn't mean you won't have your job cut for you cause people don't search before making a new threads!

InfoWarrior
02-11-2011, 11:48 PM

I think that makes it clear right there, that Michael Cole is doing his job!

Robstar
02-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Good glad you put them all together there's always at least 2 a week made! Doesn't mean you won't have your job cut for you cause people don't search before making a new threads!

I'm in the process of cleaning up the boards a bit. I think the best approach is to let people make the threads when they do, let them run and compile them when we feel necessary. :D

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm in the process of cleaning up the boards a bit. I think the best approach is to let people make the threads when they do, let them run and compile them when we feel necessary. :D

I thought Bodom closes them?

Robstar
02-12-2011, 01:00 AM
I thought Bodom closes them?

Depending on relevance and content. Bodom doesn't just close things at random. If I can get more of these subject threads together, maybe he'll just incorporate them to those. It's a big job and will take time though. People feel the need to make threads about new developments and I can't blame them for that, which is why I am going to try implementing this system

Rebel Lion
02-12-2011, 01:03 AM
There is always a need for a heel in the commentating, but Michael Cole is taking it too far. he's not calling matches, he's miscalling maneuvers, and he's really being over-the-top with the pompousness. I know its a part of the character, but i think he's overdoing it. I loved when C.M. Punk was announcing becuase his doucheness was more subtle, thus making it way better. As Punk showed us all, sometimes less is actually more.

Trips88
02-12-2011, 01:10 AM
So if this is the official Cole sucks thread that allow me to say COLE SUCKS!

Robstar
02-12-2011, 01:34 AM
So if this is the official Cole sucks thread that allow me to say COLE SUCKS!

No not a Cole sucks thread, just everything Cole related

Bodom
02-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Well if people are going to bash Cole, at least they're doing it here.

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Having a heel announcer as the voice of WWE, just doesn't work for me. Sure, Cole can be entertaining, but is this really the best way to sell your product?
Having Cole run down the faces of the company just seems like an arse-backwards way of doing business! I know that it's the old reverse psychology thing but, if your aiming your product at kids, shouldnt the Voice of the 'E be harping on about how great these guys are, instead of accenuating their short comings?

Maybe I'm getting to old to see the bigger picture, but to tell the truth I think it's the chairman that's getting a bit too old, and his cataracts are blinding him from the truth.

God, I can't wait until Tripster relieves the old man of his duties!

(God, I can't believe I just typed that last line)

TheMadThinker
02-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Having a heel announcer as the voice of WWE, just doesn't work for me. Sure, Cole can be entertaining, but is this really the best way to sell your product?
Having Cole run down the faces of the company just seems like an arse-backwards way of doing business! I know that it's the old reverse psychology thing but, if your aiming your product at kids, shouldnt the Voice of the 'E be harping on about how great these guys are, instead of accenuating their short comings?

Maybe I'm getting to old to see the bigger picture, but to tell the truth I think it's the chairman that's getting a bit too old, and his cataracts are blinding him from the truth.

God, I can't wait until Tripster relieves the old man of his duties!

(God, I can't believe I just typed that last line)

This is funny because I have been thinking about starting a "is Vince getting to old for this sh!t" thread.

Kashdinero
02-12-2011, 04:37 AM
This is funny because I have been thinking about starting a "is Vince getting to old for this sh!t" thread.

Start one! It's completely relevant.

The Last Salmon Man
02-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Im a Cole miner ! Yeah he's crap at his job but who is'nt?

Rich Cranium
02-22-2011, 05:48 PM
What did you guys think of Cole bringing up Jerry's late mom for cheap heat? I realize Jerry must have been ok with it but why?

SilverGhost
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I am with JR and say that wasn't good, even for entertainment.

HeelTurn
02-22-2011, 05:55 PM
It was disgusting, Cole didnt need to do that for heat he is one of the most hated people in the WWE.

Rich Cranium
02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Would you rate this on the level of the Jarrett/Angle child custody fiasco?

HeelTurn
02-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Hmm, well including children in the angle makes it worse imo.

Bodom
02-22-2011, 06:11 PM
It was bordering on tasteless, but didn't quite cross the line.

PrimusSucks
02-22-2011, 06:14 PM
I believe this is just as bad as Orton saying Eddie was going to hell.

Robstar
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
It's a tough call. Jerry must have given the go-ahead for it you'd have to think. If so, then he's as culpible as anyone surely. I just hope Jerry's mum is laughing along wherever she is now :D

PJaybe
02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
cheap heat?

Says it all doesn't it.........

Philip

Lowki
02-22-2011, 06:45 PM
If Jerry was fine with it then i can't see why it's so bad... He's an adult. He basically said his mother was in Heaven watching over him and she watched Jerry as he let her down. He could have said much worse... "your dream is as dead as.." you catch my drift. This is being blown out of proportion.
It makes it THAT much personal and builds heat for a match that generally would have no appeal whatsoever.

Rassling_Fan
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm getting bad flashbacks to Eddie Guerrero after his death...

Though if Jerry is okay with it then maybe it'll be alright.

LMPunker
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
i could understand if cole wasnt getting over as heel and jerry was fine with it but cole is hated with as much passion vickie guerrero if jerry had cried michael cole would have to wear a bullet proof vest for next weeks raw so it could been worse it was as bad as what randy orton did to rey and that was smackdown so they could have edited it

SaberToothTigerz
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
not very pg friendly like but then again its not something i would bother see or hear

thejman93
02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
I thought this and the Jarrett/Angle thing were equally tasteless. No need to bring family into storylines if you ask me.

Kashdinero
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Who knows what goes through these wrestlers minds as they exploit these sad situations?

More than likely $$$$$$$

streaking
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
I liked it.

Two reasons:

1.) King obviously gave his permission for that to be said.

2.) It made me go "OH!" out loud. It was probably the most exciting bit of Raw.

So if King has no problem with it being used to push his Mania match, then I certainly don't have any problem with it.

Tommy Thunder
02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
First of all, Cole (like the rest of WWE talents) doesn't write his own promos. Secondly, whoever wrote the promo would also have had to get it cleared by Vince before it was given the all clear.
Finally, I too agree that it wasn't acceptable to bring it up.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
02-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The truth of the matter is it wasn't needed. I'm not sure if it crossed the line but it sure was close. After much thought about this I feel it just wasn't entertaining. Sure it made us all cringe when Cole said it and if that's what WWE higher ups wanted they succeeded. But bringing up someones less-than-a-week-old-dead-mother is not only not entertaining its just plain wrong no matter how you slice it.

on a side note, I find it funny how the WWE had all these little commercials about being a family oriented company and a few months later they resort to these tactics. Shame on them.

on a side note my buckeyes are kicking dat ass, 26-2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SilverGhost
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Hello SHOWERHEADS and SPRINKLERS of all ages. Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. The truth of the matter is it wasn't needed. I'm not sure if it crossed the line but it sure was close. After much thought about this I feel it just wasn't entertaining. Sure it made us all cringe when Cole said it and if that's what WWE higher ups wanted they succeeded. But bringing up someones less-than-a-week-old-dead-mother is not only not entertaining its just plain wrong no matter how you slice it.

on a side note, I find it funny how the WWE had all these little commercials about being a family oriented company and a few months later they resort to these tactics. Shame on them.

on a side note my buckeyes are kicking dat ass, 26-2 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Oh hypocrisy.....xD

Trips88
02-22-2011, 08:31 PM
It was wrong. Period.

SilverGhost
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Should we hate Cole or Vinnie Mac?

Kashdinero
02-22-2011, 08:47 PM

Vinnie Mac must take the majority of the blame for sure, but blame must also fall on the shoulders of everyone who was involved!

Spear-O-Matic
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM

I vote for both, it's what we've been doing all along anyway!

SevenCagedTigers
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
If Jerry was fine with it then i can't see why it's so bad... He's an adult. He basically said his mother was in Heaven watching over him and she watched Jerry as he let her down. He could have said much worse... "your dream is as dead as.." you catch my drift. This is being blown out of proportion.
It makes it THAT much personal and builds heat for a match that generally would have no appeal whatsoever.

The match already had appeal, and Jerry already had plenty of reasons to hate Michael Cole without Cole having to resort to bringing up his mother. Michael Cole cost Jerry Lawler the WWE Championship. Michael Cole has supported Miz throughout Miz and Jerry's entire feud. You could go as far as to say that Cole's minimal involvement in distracting Jerry at Elimination Chamber cost Jerry the title once again. On top of that, Jerry lost the opportunity to headline Wrestlemania, a lifelong dream of his. On top of that, Jerry is hellbent on performing at least ONCE at Wrestlemania, so he would have fought Michael Cole there regardless.

Jerry Lawler already had plenty of reasons to hate Michael Cole. The fans wanted to see Cole get beat by Jerry bad enough already. There was honestly no reason to resort to mentioning Jerry's mother. And thats what makes it tasteless.

I will agree its not as bad as Randy Orton saying "Eddie is in Hell".

Trips88
02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Ya don't talk about someones mother. Plain and simple.

SevenCagedTigers
02-22-2011, 10:27 PM
I thought this and the Jarrett/Angle thing were equally tasteless. No need to bring family into storylines if you ask me.

Theres a difference. In the Jarret/Angle thing, there are young children involved. Children that young are not capeable of processing the ideas of their family problems being broadcast for the sake of entertainment. You don't know what those kids go through at school having their problems publicized like that. Children aren't mature enough to be able to make that decision wether or not they want their problems publicized like that, and thats why the angle is tasteless. Because it becomes exploitative. In Jerry's case, it is full grown adults making that decision. That makes it somehow less heinous.

The Brown One
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
You guys do know that bringing up Jerry's mom was used as heat to continue the Cole-Lawler feud right? Whoever came up with it had to get it cleared with Vinnie, and Lawler was probably asked if he was ok with this, since it is a touchy topic, especially since how little time has passed since that fateful day. But it was wrong, just plain wrong. For PG, this isn't every PG. PG doesn't have to only mean no swearing, but it should also entail a rule that certain lines cannot be crossed, and I believe that they crossed that line on Raw last night.

rko619
02-23-2011, 03:02 AM
who ever wrote that in should be fired aswell as cole for agreeing to say it poor king

Deadman's_streak
02-23-2011, 05:19 AM
Come on people, it's called acting!
Obviously Lawler was fine with it otherwise it wouldn't have been said. And actually nothing horrible was actually said. All Cole said was how did it feel to disappoint his deceased mother. That was it.

You know, many of you sit there and complain on how crappy the new pg rating is but then this happens and you all complain on how messed up and wrong it is. And you expect for Vince to go back to the Attitude era?

Make up your minds people, because I can think of a whole lot worse things that could have been done, have this been the Attitude era.

Sinliner
02-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Come on people, it's called acting!
Obviously Lawler was fine with it otherwise it wouldn't have been said. And actually nothing horrible was actually said. All Cole said was how did it feel to disappoint his deceased mother. That was it.

You know, many of you sit there and complain on how crappy the new pg rating is but then this happens and you all complain on how messed up and wrong it is. And you expect for Vince to go back to the Attitude era?

Make up your minds people, because I can think of a whole lot worse things that could have been done, have this been the Attitude era.

I know aye!, everyone goes on and on about crappy pg but as soon as something alittle more than pg comes on tv they wet there pants,
but on topic! if i was jerry lawler i would be totally ashamed of myself because not in a million years would i ever use something like this to make money/publicity/whatever, BUT its jerrys family and jerrys life so he did what he did and no one has the right to tell him it was wrong because it isnt up to them, all any of us can do is decide for ourselves whether we wouldve done the same thing in his shoes.

Viking
02-23-2011, 08:22 AM
why should should anyone be offended about cole mentioning jerrys mom? he said his mom was dead. jerry already knew that. cole got major heat, mission accomplished. it's not like not mentioning jerrys mom is going to make her less dead

Mr. McMahon
02-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree. Doesn't matter if you thought it was right or wrong, the fact is it worked the crowd and thats what WWE's goal was. The heat he got was great! This is some piper would have done.

Great way to build tension, it gets the crowd behind King & make cole even more hated. This is the shock value that I miss, its all entertainment so stop taking it so seriously, its like watching a movie, not like Cole actually meant it - im sure they are good friends in real life and cole respects King

Stinger187
02-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I agree. Doesn't matter if you thought it was right or wrong, the fact is it worked the crowd and thats what WWE's goal was. The heat he got was great! This is some piper would have done.

Great way to build tension, it gets the crowd behind King & make cole even more hated. This is the shock value that I miss, its all entertainment so stop taking it so seriously, its like watching a movie, not like Cole actually meant it - im sure they are good friends in real life and cole respects King
This I agree with... it is entrainment and fake, so know your damn roll and shut your damn mouth!

Stinger187
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Damn i hate Michael cole, he'd be fine if his mouth wasn't going 24/7 over everyone else!

SnaggleTooth
05-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Realized in his (way too long) promo on Raw that Cole wears a Movado watch, proving that his fashion sense is as goofy as his character.