PDA

View Full Version : WWE Superstars as a 3rd brand?

rko619
02-11-2011, 04:57 PM
just found myself watching superstars and thought wwe could make it a better show if there was a roster on the show.people could build up storylineshave a superstars title.
thoughts on this ?????
and who would be on your version roster????

thejman93
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
just found myself watching superstars and thought wwe could make it a better show if there was a roster on the show.people could build up storylineshave a superstars title.
thoughts on this ?????
and who would be on your version roster????

I'd make superstars the show where graduating FCW'ers would go to get an idea what working on the big stage is like. It would also help acclimate the fans on who the new guys were.

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Make it a cruiserweight show!

thejman93
02-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Great idea! Kofi, Chavo, Bourne, Rey, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi, Gabriel, Slater, Cody, Mistico (when he comes). I'm forgetting people but shit there's a division there.

Lowki
02-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I'd make superstars the show where graduating FCW'ers would go to get an idea what working on the big stage is like. It would also help acclimate the fans on who the new guys were.

I'd rather FCW in more homes than have graduates going to superstars.

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 06:03 PM
They don't air FCW on tv though because they think that the wrestlers there are still "green", or are still learning the WWE way of wrestling.
I'd like to see a cruiserweight-only show on Superstars. If we had a big roster like Raw/Smackdown..many people would be left off the card, resulting in people complaining. If we have a small roster of some lighter superstars, we could include most of them every week.

thedominator92
02-11-2011, 06:06 PM
superstars champion:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZe9IXanpnAaWX4HBn_NDC2eGXW_aej EofUt8Zrjxik2jFwpje

HeelTurn
02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Great idea! Kofi, Chavo, Bourne, Rey, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi, Gabriel, Slater, Cody, Mistico (when he comes). I'm forgetting people but shit there's a division there.

Bryan, Ryder, Percy Watson, Barretta, Usos.

thedominator92
02-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Bryan, Ryder, Percy Watson, Barretta, Usos.

No way do you put him on superstars. he deserves to be a face of the company

Robstar
02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Look at it like this; there have to be people on the roster that know, they aren't ever going to get a shot at the big one(or ones) in WWE, possibly get a shot at the US or IC or tag belts somewhere down the road. So they're there for the paycheck. That's ok, nothing wrong with that, a guy (or girl) has gotta eat.

I actually like the idea of a Superstars roster. Have it factor into the draft (which I also like, I know a lot of people don't) where the most over wrestlers are 'bidded for' and 'wooed' by the Raw and Smackdown GMs. Hey, at least it's something new and different to watch. I don't like the way they try to pass the draft off as some sort of lottery.

Have the Divas, Tags, IC & US titles defended occasionally and yes, oh god yes, re-introduce the Cruiserweight belt!

This would be my Superstars roster:
Yoshi Tatsu/Zack Ryder/Darren Young/Chris Masters/Tyson Kidd/Evan Bourne/The Usos/David Hart Smith/William Regal/Vladimir Kozlov/Santino Marella/Michael Tarver/Primo/R-Truth/Great Khali/Mark Henry/Tyler Reks/Chavo Guerrero/Curt Hawkins/Trent Baretta/JTG

I mean, what are these guys achieving on the main roster? Nothing. Their matches are generally only shown on Superstars anyway, filmed dark matches before Raw and Smackdown anyway - having them listed on the roster is merely lip service. All this could be achieved with very little effort.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Look at it like this; there have to be people on the roster that know, they aren't ever going to get a shot at the big one(or ones) in WWE, possibly get a shot at the US or IC or tag belts somewhere down the road. So they're there for the paycheck. That's ok, nothing wrong with that, a guy (or girl) has gotta eat.

I actually like the idea of a Superstars roster. Have it factor into the draft (which I also like, I know a lot of people don't) where the most over wrestlers are 'bidded for' and 'wooed' by the Raw and Smackdown GMs. Hey, at least it's something new and different to watch. I don't like the way they try to pass the draft off as some sort of lottery.

Have the Divas, Tags, IC & US titles defended occasionally and yes, oh god yes, re-introduce the Cruiserweight belt!

Yoshi Tatsu/Zack Ryder/Darren Young/Chris Masters/Tyson Kidd/Evan Bourne/The Usos/David Hart Smith/William Regal/Vladimir Kozlov/Santino Marella/Michael Tarver/Primo/R-Truth/Great Khali/Mark Henry/Tyler Reks/Chavo Guerrero/Curt Hawkins/Trent Baretta/JTG

I mean, what are these guys achieving on the main roster? Nothing. Their matches are generally only shown on Superstars anyway, filmed dark matches before Raw and Smackdown anyway - having them listed on the roster is merely lip service. All this could be achieved with very little effort.

i agree fully with this but i would rather see great khali fired sorry but i feel like he's holding up somebody who deserves is spot more

Robstar
02-11-2011, 06:42 PM
i agree fully with this but i would rather see great khali fired sorry but i feel like he's holding up somebody who deserves is spot more

Khali is a novelty - he can't speak, wrestle or move - that's plain for all to see. But they should at least get some value out of him to put people over

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Khali is a novelty - he can't speak, wrestle or move - that's plain for all to see. But they should at least get some value out of him to put people over

Exactly, Khali is merely an attraction like Giant Gonzalez was. It's amazing to know that professional wrestling got it's start in carnivals and still carries aspects of it!

Snair
02-12-2011, 05:29 AM
I dont know what the hell he's(Khali) doing on RAW,he definately deserves to be fired.They already have Mark henry on their roster, who can be used to putover people like Jackson,Mason,Skip sheffield and so on.And speaking of Khali he cant even walk down the ramp properly!

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 05:57 AM
I dont know what the hell he's(Khali) doing on RAW,he definately deserves to be fired.They already have Mark henry on their roster, who can be used to putover people like Jackson,Mason,Skip sheffield and so on.And speaking of Khali he cant even walk down the ramp properly!

I think hes still around because apparently hes really popular with fans in India. You don't seem to like him. Do you think others there would?

Snair
02-12-2011, 06:07 AM
I think hes still around because apparently hes really popular with fans in India. You don't seem to like him. Do you think others there would?

yeah he's quite popular here with kids and media, i lost respect for him when he said that he enjoys beating those white guys .wtf!

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 06:19 AM
yeah he's quite popular here with kids and media, i lost respect for him when he said that he enjoys beating those white guys .wtf!

I think he said that to get a pop out of the indian adults. I know I'm not pleased hearing this!

Snair
02-12-2011, 06:23 AM
I think he said that to get a pop out of the indian adults. I know I'm not pleased hearing this!

Still a shitty thing to say and unacceptable

The Brown One
02-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Still a shitty thing to say and unacceptable

Did he say it in hindi, on like a tour or something?

Snair
02-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Did he say it in hindi, on like a tour or something?

yeah it was in hindi.He said it when he was on a leave for filming a movie,i think the matter was reported here in EWN

GoonieDemolition
02-12-2011, 07:25 AM
I Like your comment robstar.

I like watching Superstars because im afan of the underdog wrestlers.

Robstar
02-12-2011, 06:41 PM
I Like your comment robstar.

I like watching Superstars because im afan of the underdog wrestlers.

Thanks. I would make this move in a second if I was WWE management. But being careful to not establish it as a 3rd brand - just a show with it's own roster. Thinking about the draft - imagine how you'd feel if you got drafted TO Superstars! Pretty low. But I don't see it working that way, people only go up and hire the new blood straight to Superstars from FCW or Indys or wherever, unless they are undoubtably a sure thing and can go straight to the main roster

AGEOFFALL
02-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Does anyone remember that on the first episode we had Matt Hardy vs Undertaker as the opening match. Christian vs Finlay as the second match. And Shane McMahon vs Cody Rhodes as the main event.

Robstar
02-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Does anyone remember that on the first episode we had Matt Hardy vs Undertaker as the opening match. Christian vs Finlay as the second match. And Shane McMahon vs Cody Rhodes as the main event.

Are you serious? When was this? back in 2008?

WWTNA Mark
02-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Are you serious? When was this? back in 2008?

Nah. It was on a Thrusday right after Wrestlemaina 25 That was the only episode that was great . Now all we get is jobbers from first match to main event. BTW, did anybody see the Curt Hawkins vs Tyler Recs match? Both wrestlers really need to be pushed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwDGqEbUqA

Robstar
02-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Nah. It was on a Thrusday right after Wrestlemaina 25 That was the only episode that was great . Now all we get is jobbers from first match to main event. BTW, did anybody see the Curt Hawkins vs Tyler Recs match? Both wrestlers really need to be pushed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwDGqEbUqA

I agree. I really like Reks, more than I do Mason Ryan or Big Zeke. Hawkins would be a great cruiserweight contender.

The New Guy
02-14-2011, 12:18 AM
I agree. I really like Reks, more than I do Mason Ryan or Big Zeke. Hawkins would be a great cruiserweight contender.

Reks has all the tools for becoming a monster heel he just came in a bad time where a lot of people is being pushed at the same time. Hopefully he will not get realease to soon, maybe later WWE could work on him. The guy has pottencial

Bodom
02-14-2011, 12:20 AM

Don't forget the outstanding Jericho vs Goldust.

AGEOFFALL
02-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I liked it when Chris Jericho was World Champion and Christian was ECW Champion they occasionally had matches on Superstars.

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 03:40 AM

I just pitched this idea on another thread! It's definitely what I'd do. You can get 3/4 matches in on a Superstars show, and that's good time that could be used for a cruiserweight show. They might have to make the show a bit longer if they want to stick in promos etc for building storylines though.

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Don't forget the outstanding Jericho vs Goldust.

That match was 14th or something on the top 25 matches of the year 2010 if my memory serves me!!

Tommy Thunder
02-14-2011, 03:48 AM

This plan has WIN written all over it. Doing this would make WWE money. Superstars doesn't even get 1.0 ratings anymore, giving it it's own roster, and having some titles defended on it, or making it a cruiserweight would make it an attraction, and a reason for people to watch it. I other words, it would bring in ratings!!

thedag
02-14-2011, 03:53 AM
i like the show how it is now. we get good 15 to 20 minute matches,

the-rocks-stunner
02-21-2011, 11:28 AM
i dont see why they dont make it a brand have a wwe superstars championship and tag team championship maybe it could contend with tna give mid carders like zack ryder, yoshi tatsu, darren young and many more a chance to shine have regal as gm it would be great what do you guys think

id rather watch it than tna!

K2Jelly
02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
No offense, dude, but that's a pretty terrible idea.

Bodom
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
I could swear that you or somebody else made this exact thread not too long ago.

SaberToothTigerz
02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
I could swear that you or somebody else made this exact thread not too long ago.

LOL

but it would be a bad idea to give jobbers tittles
they wouldnt have any prestige

Bodom
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Oh yeah. Somebody did

Merged.

the-rocks-stunner
02-21-2011, 11:40 AM

it wasnt me at all

the-rocks-stunner
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
it could be like the x division in wwe i dont see it as a bad idea nxt was a bad idea

captainmoonlight
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Id watch it if there was a fcw wrestler on there every week. Also maybe have the ic and us defended on there sometimes

TheBoogeyMan
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Too many wrestlers water down the product.....Superstars should be delegated to Midcard status wrestlers at best, that dont get any mainstream TV time.....Superstars would be the perfect show to have a WWE TV title on.....and it stays strictly on this show

HuGrad
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
interesting how they tried it with ECW and the idea wasnt supported well. As a third brand, i dont think it would work, and it wouldnt make sense to add a new title. If u had to do somethin like this, then any raw or smackdown wrestler not being used should be there. I wish they would re introduce the cruiserweight title to be defended on raw and smackdown, but then if u make it exclusive to Superstars, then it really wouldnt help boost someone's career.

captainmoonlight
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM
A tv title would be nice but could be defended on raw and smackdown as well just not paper views.

That way it has credibility but it can be defended mainly on superstar

captainmoonlight
02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
"Paper views" hahahahahaha

Automatic
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Superstars should be a show, where mid-carders and low-carders get tv-time with their own storylines, just as if it was a actual brand, but without championships.

merhardt03
09-11-2013, 02:16 PM
superstars champion:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZe9IXanpnAaWX4HBn_NDC2eGXW_aej EofUt8Zrjxik2jFwpje
I know this a really old thread, but DAMN thats funny! :cool:

Cabers
09-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Some fine Necromancy here and yes that is hilarious!