PDA

View Full Version : TNA!+My Preview for against all odds

the wrestling shade
02-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Is TNA getting better or what?!?!?!.
I saw last nights episode of TNA IMPACT, and for the first time i feel that they are doing something right!!!.
And surprisingly i was happy about their main event and the fact that they didnt screw it like every time.
The knockout last man standing for this sunday should be intresting..., because i didnt see it happening before!
When it comes to Rob Terry, Gunner and Murphy vs. Scott Steiner and Beer Money. I think its going to be a decent match.
And if you look at their X division match..., we have two brothers and one guy who cant even wrestler, so iam kinda confused about it, but yet intresting to see it.
Aj is out!... but its cool maybe he is not ready to fight a 15 or 20 minutes match because of his injury.
They must work hard on their main event if they want to make it look good, and my hopes are high on that one.
Only a fool!! would say that the match between Angle and jarrett will be boring, because it has a great background and build up to it. And too much is on the line!!!.
No comments on RVD and Matt Hardy match because i dont see it going anywhere after the match is over. Except ofcaurse..., if Matt would show us his A game once again, but i doubt that will happen.
Not a fan of the storyline thats happening between Samoa Joe and The Pope because it doesnt make since any way (probably one of russo's stupid ideas). I hope after their match Samoa Joe would join Fortune and pope with Immortals. will see what happens about that..:confused:
Street Fight: Bully Ray vs. Brother Devon?!?!?!?!. I mean realy!!!, this storyline is fucked up any way and it shouldnt have happend in the first place. (Fuck russo's stupidity).:mad:

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 07:54 AM
The reward if Kurt wins his match is IMO crossing the line. TNA shouldn't put a man's kids on the line in match. I think I'm looking forward to the Last KO standing match the most, because I haven't seen it happen in TNA before.

Xpacfan
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
The reward if Kurt wins his match is IMO crossing the line. TNA shouldn't put a man's kids on the line in match. I think I'm looking forward to the Last KO standing match the most, because I haven't seen it happen in TNA before.

But see, that's what makes it so edgy! I highly doubt that in reality the custody of his kids are on the line but its just makes the fued more intense, controversial, and realistic. Its no different than The Big Bossman showing up at the Big Show's father's funeral and his mom's house taunting Show about his recent loss. As twisted as it was, it was intense and funny to watch.

REALLY nice sig btw :)

Black Mass Reverend
02-11-2011, 10:30 AM
But see, that's what makes it so edgy! I highly doubt that in reality the custody of his kids are on the line but its just makes the fued more intense, controversial, and realistic. Its no different than The Big Bossman showing up at the Big Show's father's funeral and his mom's house taunting Show about his recent loss. As twisted as it was, it was intense and funny to watch.

You just said it wouldn't happen in real life but then went and said it made it more realistic?! Also how the hell was that angle funny to you?! I'm not a fan of the stipulation. Frankly the feud is pretty intense without it. You can see the genuine dislike for Jarrett in Kurt's eyes anytime they're in the ring together.

Bodom
02-11-2011, 10:36 AM
t's disgusting to use the children in the story. The vast majority of kids have gone through some sort of hell from divorce while others have managed to survive relatively easy. As someone who lived through said hell, there's no use for this shit on TV.

The children should never had been brought on to give Jeff heat. If that's the only way he can get heat, then he needs to retire.

el gabo
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM
t's disgusting to use the children in the story. The vast majority of kids have gone through some sort of hell from divorce while others have managed to survive relatively easy. As someone who lived through said hell, there's no use for this shit on TV.

The children should never had been brought on to give Jeff heat. If that's the only way he can get heat, then he needs to retire.

Cue the "WWE did this with Mysterio and Eddie" or "WWE did this with Mysterio and Punk and nobody complained".

Truth is it sucked when Raven & Dreamer did and it sucked both times Mysterio did it.

Bodom
02-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Cue the "WWE did this with Mysterio and Eddie" or "WWE did this with Mysterio and Punk and nobody complained".

Truth is it sucked when Raven & Dreamer did and it sucked both times Mysterio did it.

It was just as bad with Mysterio and Eddie, but the difference is that there was no legit storyline with the two. Can't really compare either of these to Mysterio & Punk as the feud wasn't based around the children.

Black Mass Reverend
02-11-2011, 10:58 AM

Someone could make that argument, but then someone can also say that at least Mysterio's storylines had nothing to actually do with what's going on in his personal life. Also if I remember hearing correctly, isn't Mysterio's daughter a child actress? I'm not familiar with the Dreamer & Raven angle so I can't comment on that.

Black Mass Reverend
02-11-2011, 10:59 AM
It was just as bad with Mysterio and Eddie, but the difference is that there was no legit storyline with the two. Can't really compare either of these to Mysterio & Punk as the feud wasn't based around the children.

Beat me to it lol

el gabo
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Someone could make that argument, but then someone can also say that at least Mysterio's storylines had nothing to actually do with what's going on in his personal life. Also if I remember hearing correctly, isn't Mysterio's daughter a child actress? I'm not familiar with the Dreamer & Raven angle so I can't comment on that.

The Raven/Dreamer angle is the one they're doing now with Angle/Jarrett. In a nutshell, Raven screwed Tommy's wife and had his son (Dreamer's) call him dad. Oh, that and like 50 buckets of blood right in front of the kid.

Xpacfan
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
You just said it wouldn't happen in real life but then went and said it made it more realistic?! Also how the hell was that angle funny to you?! I'm not a fan of the stipulation. Frankly the feud is pretty intense without it. You can see the genuine dislike for Jarrett in Kurt's eyes anytime they're in the ring together.

Well I was kind of counting on you knowing the difference between something being realistic and reality. I didn't say that this angle was funny, I was saying the Bossman/Big Show angle was funny...how could anyone watching that fued back then not laugh at some point?

You really believe that there is a genuine dislike? Maybe you're mistaking the realism for reality. That's like someone really believing Matt Hardy and Edge "hated" each other. Obviously for two talents to work together this closely, they have to put their personal issues aside and get over things to some degree. I seriously doubt that management in any wrestling organization would allow two individuals known to have real anomosity towards each other work even a match. It risks both individuals really trying to hurt each other during the bout. You have to trust the guy you're in the ring with to some degree...

Xpacfan
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM

I'll say that Rey and Eddie's was worst...didn't the kids get in the ring at some point?

Heels Have More Fun
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Honestly, the Rey/Eddie feud was the best, because Eddie's the best heel out of any of them. I genuinely hated him during that storyline, which was the point. And the whole "I'm your Papi!" thing? That was awesome. Still have the shirt with that quote. But the thing is, looking back on it, I know there was no way Eddie was actually the son's father, and so there wasn't any actual harm done. I'm sure Eddie and Rey and probably Stephanie or Vince had a long talk about it and made sure that it was alright with everyone involved. Jarrett/Angle is on a different level, because of the realism imbedded in the feud. I don't like it.

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 04:08 PM

Why would you like when someone goes through something painful? The Big Show storyline wasn't based on reality, but the Kurt-Jarett one is. Theres edgy, and theres just going too far. If something like this entertains you then you dont have respect far Kurt as a father.

Rassling_Fan
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The knockout last man standing for this sunday should be intresting..., because i didnt see it happening before!
Didn't that happened last week, and they called it a Taped Fist match?

Xpacfan
02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Why would you like when someone goes through something painful? The Big Show storyline wasn't based on reality, but the Kurt-Jarett one is. Theres edgy, and theres just going too far. If something like this entertains you then you dont have respect far Kurt as a father.

Painful? C'mon guys...do I really have to remind you that wrestling is scripted? Angle, Double J, and Karen all agreed to do this angle and have some say as to what they feel is appropriate or not. If Kurt Angle had any real objection to the whole basis of fued he would have never participated and would be looking to wrestle elsewhere if the emotional impact of the issue wasn't respected by TNA creative.

I must say that the TNA creative team along with Angle, Double J, and Karen are doing a hell of a job pulling this off if so many of you are so convinced that its hurting any of these people in anyway.

Like I said, this was done with Matt Hardy, Edge, and Lita. All 3 agreed to work together to do the angle (which was based on reality!). By then, all parties had moved on with their lives and were pass the issue. Why is it so much different this time around?

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Painful? C'mon guys...do I really have to remind you that wrestling is scripted? Angle, Double J, and Karen all agreed to do this angle and have some say as to what they feel is appropriate or not. If Kurt Angle had any real objection to the whole basis of fued he would have never participated and would be looking to wrestle elsewhere if the emotional impact of the issue wasn't respected by TNA creative.

I must say that the TNA creative team along with Angle, Double J, and Karen are doing a hell of a job pulling this off if so many of you are so convinced that its hurting any of these people in anyway.

Like I said, this was done with Matt Hardy, Edge, and Lita. All 3 agreed to work together to do the angle (which was based on reality!). By then, all parties had moved on with their lives and were pass the issue. Why is it so much different this time around?

Well Kurt stated last week that he wasn't comfortable with the angle. Sure wrestling is scripted, but when either company puts out a storyline that crosses the line, its inappropriate.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-11-2011, 06:37 PM
i'm curious about the results and what part the twin sons of d-von will play i mean they look big for their age and i wonder if he trained them

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 07:16 PM
i'm curious about the results and what part the twin sons of d-von will play i mean they look big for their age and i wonder if he trained them

I would have never thought 15 years ago that there would be so many 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers around today!

Black Mass Reverend
02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Well I was kind of counting on you knowing the difference between something being realistic and reality. I didn't say that this angle was funny, I was saying the Bossman/Big Show angle was funny...how could anyone watching that fued back then not laugh at some point?

You really believe that there is a genuine dislike? Maybe you're mistaking the realism for reality. That's like someone really believing Matt Hardy and Edge "hated" each other. Obviously for two talents to work together this closely, they have to put their personal issues aside and get over things to some degree. I seriously doubt that management in any wrestling organization would allow two individuals known to have real anomosity towards each other work even a match. It risks both individuals really trying to hurt each other during the bout. You have to trust the guy you're in the ring with to some degree...

What you said still makes no sense what so ever. I know which angle you were talking about dip shit, and it wasn't funny. Angle & Jarrett are professionals. I'm sure they can set what ever feelings they have for each other aside for the sake of their company & what they do, but are you telling me you don't think there's any sort of animosity between the two?! I think given everything that they've gone through behind the scenes it's safe to say they're not exactly the best of friends, and that's not saying they can't work together & keep it professional.

Rassling_Fan
02-11-2011, 08:42 PM

I have this bad feeling they're going to make D-Von's sons turn on him.

EDIT: I just noticed, with the exception of three matches, these are all technically rematches from the last PPV.

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I have this bad feeling they're going to make D-Von's sons turn on him.

EDIT: I just noticed, with the exception of three matches, these are all technically rematches from the last PPV.

Well its good that they have 5/8 of the matches as ones that aren't rematches, since it keeps things fresh.

I haven't been following the Dudleys storyline..can you fill me in please? I never even saw the sons on Impact.

Rassling_Fan
02-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Well its good that they have 5/8 of the matches as ones that aren't rematches, since it keeps things fresh.

I haven't been following the Dudleys storyline..can you fill me in please? I never even saw the sons on Impact.

As far as I know, they split up because Ray called D-Von the weak link. The sons appeared last week as those two random guys Ray attacked.

Rebel Lion
02-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Saw the lineup for the PPV. One word: Wack!!!! Next thread please....