PDA

View Full Version : WCW to Invade WWE at WM27?

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't know if these will be behind the scenes guys or wrestlers but from JR:

Jim Ross noted yesterday in his blog on JRSBARBQ.com that former WCW employees are meeting in Atlanta, Georgia in late March to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the final episode of WCW Monday Nitro, which took place on March 26, 2001. The private get-together will precede WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta the weekend after the ten-year anniversary of the final Nitro. Ross said he was invited and that he wished to attend

If wrestlers, do you think they may have an impact at WM27?

Trips88
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't know if these will be behind the scenes guys or wrestlers but from JR:

Jim Ross noted yesterday in his blog on JRSBARBQ.com that former WCW employees are meeting in Atlanta, Georgia in late March to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the final episode of WCW Monday Nitro, which took place on March 26, 2001. The private get-together will precede WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta the weekend after the ten-year anniversary of the final Nitro. Ross said he was invited and that he wished to attend

If wrestlers, do you think they may have an impact at WM27?

Yea I guess they could have an impact.....if they buy ringside seats and yell really loud some of them just might get seen on camera again for the first time in 10 years lmao.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Yea I guess they could have an impact.....if they buy ringside seats and yell really loud some of them just might get seen on camera again for the first time in 10 years lmao.

What if they go 'Radicalz' style and storm the ring?

Rick BoA
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Since everyone worth mentioning from wcw is now in their 40's it would be a terrible story. That is more like what TNA would do....oh wait.

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM

Doubt VKM would let that happen!

Trips88
02-10-2011, 09:09 PM

That would be intresting. Speaking of worthless WCW people I hear that VKM is gonna have a sniper in place just in case Jeff Jarrett shows up.....ok so I herd if from my own imagination, but one can dream right? :D

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Since everyone worth mentioning from wcw is now in their 40's it would be a terrible story. That is more like what TNA would do....oh wait.

Really? Let me see, Jericho was in WCW as was Mysterio, Chavo, Sting and so on!

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 09:14 PM

And the Undertaker, Goldust, William Regal and many others.

Lowki
02-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Besides sting they are already WWE. I think he's talking about ex-WCW that aren't affiliated with WWE anymore which would be DDP, Goldberg, Sting, Hogan, Steiner. But it would be a terrible story as history has shown us! Vince just wouldn't use them right.

Back to the topic of your OP, JR is talking about friends meeting up rather than anything wrestling related so no invasion. The hints are in the post; They are meeting up on the weekend of the 26th of March to commemerate the last nitro.

WM is April 3, 2011.
As Ross states though, "The private get-together will precede WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta the weekend after the ten-year anniversary of the final Nitro."

Goldust22
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
And the Undertaker, Goldust, William Regal and many others.

Cant really included The Undertaker though well all know he had a run there but The Undertaker is WWE through and through.

But i love the idea of the invasion 2. But hasent WWE burnt to many bridges with ex-wcw talent

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Back to the topic of your OP, JR is talking about friends meeting up rather than anything wrestling related so no invasion. The hints are in the post; They are meeting up on the weekend of the 26th of March to commemerate the last nitro.

WM is April 3, 2011.
As Ross states though, "The private get-together will precede WrestleMania XXVII in Atlanta the weekend after the ten-year anniversary of the final Nitro."

The word PRIVATE could be a blur.

dres1214
02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
IMO there won't be an invasion, it'll be something special like they will have a moment that they dedicate to them all. Prob introduce WCW's employee's and have some type of promo about it. Just think about it, Why would Vince want to have them invade WM? Doesn't make any sense what so ever. The idea is fun but not realistic.

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
It would be nice seeing a team of WCW wrestlers again..but I don't want it to happen. We have seen the same storyline many times before. We saw WCW vs WWE before, and I doubt that WWE would let Regal, Goldust, and Jericho even "jump ship" to the other team, even if it is a storyline. We saw the invasion storyline like 3 weeks ago! Immortal vs Fortune in TNA, and last year-Immortal vs EV 2.0, which was terrible.

WH Punk 26
02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
1.If Vince wanted a WCW invasion at WM then he would have done it with the original invasion.
2.It would be terrible TBH a lot of the guys are to old, out of wrestling or would not wont to do it (in TNA, been there didnt like it. ect) so there would not be many big stars there.
3.Look how bad the last invasion was, the only way this could not be a total flop is if it was for only WM but then it would not make much sence.

Goldust22
02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
1.If Vince wanted a WCW invasion at WM then he would have done it with the original invasion.
2.It would be terrible TBH a lot of the guys are to old, out of wrestling or would not wont to do it (in TNA, been there didnt like it. ect) so there would not be many big stars there.
3.Look how bad the last invasion was, the only way this could not be a total flop is if it was for only WM but then it would not make much sence.

I personally loved the invasion was freshing to see new rivalrys and matches we hadnt seen before.

And to be honest there hasnt been many great eras since.

WH Punk 26
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I personally loved the invasion was freshing to see new rivalrys and matches we hadnt seen before.

And to be honest there hasnt been many great eras since.

i can only remember 2 good rivalry's and that was DDP / Taker and The Rock / Y2J and the latter was a WWF feud and yea there was a few good moments like when ECW came into the mix and it was good to see the like's of Booker T and Lance Storm in the WWF but TBH the whole story line was a bust they made WCW look weak (Yea they didnt have a lot of there big stars) and they had to beef up the Alliance with WWF stars.

Lance Storm
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Just keep Scott Hall away. He has a tendency to wander around aimlessly with no direction.

namelessf3ar
02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
No. Scott Hall was and still is AMAZING

HeelTurn
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
The Mania card should be pretty stacked, so no time for WCW guys, unless you include the HOF members who come out fot their brief applause.

Goldust22
02-11-2011, 02:04 PM
i can only remember 2 good rivalry's and that was DDP / Taker and The Rock / Y2J and the latter was a WWF feud and yea there was a few good moments like when ECW came into the mix and it was good to see the like's of Booker T and Lance Storm in the WWF but TBH the whole story line was a bust they made WCW look weak (Yea they didnt have a lot of there big stars) and they had to beef up the Alliance with WWF stars.

Booker T and Stone Cold rivalry was good also. RVD being introduced to alot of WWE fans was great. Fairplay alot of 'Stars' werent there but it still worked and if not a very predictable storyline the final PPV was excellent.

Bodom
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Was it really any good? and I mean that as a question.

The only thing I remember is them fighting in a SuperMarket.

Goldust22
02-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Was it really any good? and I mean that as a question.

The only thing I remember is them fighting in a SuperMarket.

True but i was like 13 at the time but i do remeber Stone Cold helping Y2J and Beniot achieving mai9n event status in that triplethreat match they had. With Booker T interupting but i may be wrong. I still enjoyedthe rivarly better than Khali and batista's anyway

Rick BoA
02-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Jericho is what 39? mysterio has to be 35 by now, all of the others are in their 40's+, and all of thoes who arnt became famous in the wwe.

Good try though. Why would jericho join a wcw team when he has been in the wwe longer then he was in wcw?

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Good try though. Why would jericho join a wcw team when he has been in the wwe longer then he was in wcw?

True and Jericho has said that he 'used' WCW as a stepping stone to get to the WWE!

InfoWarrior
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I dont see any sort of WCW invasion happening in WWE. Especially not WrestleMania, unless Vince just stopped giving a s**t about it all together, which we know wont happen anytime soon.

Rich Cranium
02-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I started this thread and after reading the posts, I declare that http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/Danieloncarevic/MafiaDeath/Thread.jpg

StonedCold
02-19-2011, 08:02 AM
The word PRIVATE could be a blur.

I wonder if Vince was at this private meeting?