PDA

View Full Version : CM PUNK the greatest working heel in the world!

The Last Salmon Man
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Its just true! The guy can act , the guy can wrestle and he snuck fugazi lyrics into his raw promo this week! And he looks good with a broken nose.

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 07:43 PM
There is no denying it, Punk is currently the best heel in the business. I'd probably go as far as saying that Punk is the MVP of the wrestling world at the moment, as far as active wrestlers are concerned.
BUT, wait until Y2J Chris Jericho is back, then, Punk will slip back to number 2, because Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does...... But you already knew that.... ;)

Trips88
02-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm a fan :)

JoMo's Mojo
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I discuss it with my brother everyday (both of us are HUGE Punk marks). CM Punk, without a doubt, is the best worker in wrestling....PERIOD. The man can do it all. He makes a great face, an even greater heel, an awesome commentator (I really miss this), etc. His indie stuff is AMAZING as well!

Guys like Punk are hard to come by, so enjoy watching him while you can. It's not too often the business can find someone who plays a heel that gets under people's skins quite like Punk can.

Rick BoA
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Punk is a good heel but to me all of his matche are boring. The GTS is a terrible finisher and he botches it most of the time.

But i have to say his commentary is gold.

Trips88
02-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Punk is a good heel but to me all of his matche are boring. The GTS is a terrible finisher and he botches it most of the time.

But i have to say his commentary is gold.

Hey man not to say your wrong but cut the guy some slack. You try lifting a guy twice your size onto your shoulders then throwing him down while bringing up your knee at the same time. I don't think its that easy.

WWTNA Mark
02-10-2011, 09:58 PM
There is no denying it, Punk is currently the best heel in the business. I'd probably go as far as saying that Punk is the MVP of the wrestling world at the moment, as far as active wrestlers are concerned.
BUT, wait until Y2J Chris Jericho is back, then, Punk will slip back to number 2, because Chris Jericho is the best in the world at what he does...... But you already knew that.... ;)

TBH, CM Punk is 10x better as a heel then Chris Jericho. Punk's heel work is more original and believable then Chris Jericho's heel work. Not saying that CM Punk is all-around a better Superstar then Jericho but a better heel worker then Jericho.

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 10:21 PM
You try lifting a guy twice your size onto your shoulders then throwing him down while bringing up your knee at the same time. I don't think its that easy.

Punk actually lifts up guys a bit heavier than him. 240-260 pounds. But it is difficult to even do that!

Punk is a good heel but to me all of his matche are boring.

His matches may seem "boring" because just like WWE's top stars..his moveset is has been limited so that he only has 4-5 signature moves. Watch his indy stuff if you want to see what he can really do.

dres1214
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
CM Punk is solid! Jericho is solid! They both have different attributions that simply suit them best. Let's be honest here Punk and Jericho by far the best heels in the biz! Can't leave out that they also have great mic skills, Punk on commentary made Raw 10x better! His inside jokes were money!

Saiga
02-10-2011, 10:50 PM
i always thought randy savage or rick rude were the best heels in the biz.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I wanna see Jericho vs. Punk!

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I wanna see Jericho vs. Punk!

Has this match happened yet? If not, I wish this would be a main event, maybe for a title at one of the future Wrestlemanias!

alexrules01
02-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Has this match happened yet? If not, I wish this would be a main event, maybe for a title at one of the future Wrestlemanias!

It has happened at least once, when Punk was face and I think Jericho just started his heel run, Jericho caught Punk in mid-air from Punk's springboard clothesline into a codebreaker, pretty sweet counter.

EDIT:
CM Punk vs Jericho Semi Final King of The Ring match-2008
A normal one on one match on RAW (x2)
Elimination Chambver qualifying match
And even a Steel Cage match for the World Heavyweight Championship on RAW

How the hell did we forget about all these (and maybe more?)

WWTNA Mark
02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
It has happened at least once, when Punk was face and I think Jericho just started his heel run, Jericho caught Punk in mid-air from Punk's springboard clothesline into a codebreaker, pretty sweet counter

Once?!? It happened like a 4 times!!! Where were you in 2008 and 2009?:mad:

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 11:13 PM
It has happened at least once, when Punk was face and I think Jericho just started his heel run, Jericho caught Punk in mid-air from Punk's springboard clothesline into a codebreaker, pretty sweet counter

Good memory! I remember that counter, it was epic! Well, I would love to see them go at it again.

alexrules01
02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Once?!? It happened like a 4 times!!! Where were you in 2008 and 2009?:mad:

I could not remember then tbh, i have edited my post with more matches now

WWTNA Mark
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I could not remember then tbh, i have edited my post with more matches now

I'm ashamed of you!!! Forgetting about those epic matches!!! Just saying. :(

Mr. McMahon
02-11-2011, 12:53 AM
punk has NOTHING on heel austin 2001

Robstar
02-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Punk just has it. And he knows it. So he knows how to work it.

Jericho was an innovator on the mic with promos. Punk has taken it up a notch. All hail CM Punk!!!

Kashdinero
02-11-2011, 01:11 AM
I've been singing his praises for the last 8 or so years. Glad the rest of the world is now singing along too! His overall ability is Eddie Guerrerro like! I just wish his old Second City Saint partner, Colt Cabana/Scotty Goldman, could have come along for the ride aswell.... Oh well, can't have everything!

Snair
02-11-2011, 01:57 AM
He's one of very few reasons i watch Raw.Although i would like to see his personna transform to a man who just enjoys to watch the world burn and go insane like the JOKER.

Snair
02-11-2011, 02:02 AM
But for me the greatest heel to ever performed in WWE will always be HHH

Justdawg08
02-11-2011, 02:11 AM
While I agree that Punk is probably the greatest heel today.

You gotta give props to Jeff Jarrett, he's been doing a good job lately.

masakaritko
02-11-2011, 04:59 AM
I like the idea of CM Punk being insane, but this character transformation needs to be really slow. He needs to have a series of events that slowly causes him to snap. Finally there will be a situation that would be like the straw that broke the camel's back. Something involving him being the champ then being stripped of the title or anything along those lines.

WH Punk 26
02-11-2011, 06:46 AM
I like the idea of CM Punk being insane, but this character transformation needs to be really slow. He needs to have a series of events that slowly causes him to snap. Finally there will be a situation that would be like the straw that broke the camel's back. Something involving him being the champ then being stripped of the title or anything along those lines.

Got to agree, IMO it would be great but i have to say i dont like the idea of him been stripped of a title just because i think it hurts the title image, but if they could get him to be a good insane character thay works in PG then yea i say they should go for it.

Lance Storm
02-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I've been singing his praises for the last 8 or so years. Glad the rest of the world is now singing along too! His overall ability is Eddie Guerrerro like! I just wish his old Second City Saint partner, Colt Cabana/Scotty Goldman, could have come along for the ride aswell.... Oh well, can't have everything!

That would've been awesome