PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker's Final Bow

masakaritko
02-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Ok, guys, here's the deal. The Undertaker character is undying and immortal right? So how would WWE explain his retirement? When it comes time for him to retire, I'd imagine his streak would have to end to signify the end of his career. I know everyone says his streak will never end, but when it comes down to the personae he portrays, he can't just retire and leave it at that. His Wrestlemania streak is the one big thing that makes him immortal. From a creative standpoint Undertaker can't retire until his streak ends, and I know that if it never ended he'd still retire, but it would leave a void in the character. He would never have that final moment that wrapped up his career. The Undertaker can't end his career abruptly with his streak in tact. Anyways, I guess the point that I'm getting to, If the WWE were smart and gave Undertaker the send off that his character needs, who would be the guy that should end the streak?

My personal choice- There really isn't anyone in WWE who Undertaker hasn't battled with at least once that would even deserve a Wrestlemania match with him. A younger wrestler from this current generation wouldn't suit well either. No, I think it should be a veteran who is also near retirement. But like I said, nobody in WWE right now fits into the picture for Undertaker's final match. WM 27 shouldn't be his last. ESPECIALLY if Wade Barrett ends up being his opponent. Wade Barrett isn't even a believable challenge for Taker, let alone a Mania Opponent. It's way too early in his career for that. What if Cena faced Taker at Mania? I don't even like the concept of that match. Triple H? Nope, we already know Trips has fallen victim to Taker outside of Mania, so putting them together at Mania makes no sense. Randy Orton has already lost to Taker at Mania before. That's one Legend he'll never kill. No, If WWE were smart they'd get Sting. That's right I said it. I know Sting is in talks with TNA and will probably end up there again, but he should see the history that can be made with this one endeavor. His first and likely only match on the Grandest Stage of Them All, being the man to end the streak would make it that much better, and would also be a good way to wrap up Taker's career. It would be a great way to wrap up BOTH of their careers. To be the final match for BOTH of them would make it that much more memorable. I just wish this could come to pass by WM 28, because the chances of it being this year are slim to nothing now. Any thoughts? Anyone else you would like to see be the man to end 'Taker's streak?

Rich Cranium
02-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Chris Jericho gets my vote.

masakaritko
02-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Jericho would be a good fit for a Mania match, but I don't see him ending the streak. The only reason I say that is because he's another guy who's done battle with 'Taker in the past, even if it was never at Mania. Although, the 2 of them squaring off at Mania would be a classic in the making and could even possibly 1up the HBK/Taker matches the past couple of years. Yes, even the one at WM 25. Jericho/Taker could be another match in the running for possibly being the greatest of all time.

Tommy Thunder
02-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Jericho would be a good fit for a Mania match, but I don't see him ending the streak. The only reason I say that is because he's another guy who's done battle with 'Taker in the past, even if it was never at Mania. Although, the 2 of them squaring off at Mania would be a classic in the making and could even possibly 1up the HBK/Taker matches the past couple of years. Yes, even the one at WM 25. Jericho/Taker could be another match in the running for possibly being the greatest of all time.

Sting vs Taker would have been epic, but it's not going to happen, not this year, not ever.
If someone is going to end the streak, then Chris Jericho should be that man, plain and simple. Taker is retiring next year IMO after making it 20-0 against Jericho. And I'm sorry, but no match will better HBK vs Taker at WM 25. last year's was pretty close, but we won't see a match that good for a very long time, possibly not in my generation.
Point is, the streak isn't going to end. It would make the Undertaker character seem defeated and weak. Retiring undefeated at Wrestlemania solidifies the character as an immortal.

maar13
02-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Every year is the same thing "He can just retire with the Streak intact" and a lot of people wants someone to end it. Seriously what is wrong with the guy Retiring undefeated at ONE...one PPV? Seriously, the character is is great, it would be more fitting if he retires were it all begun (Maybe that is why they keep the name there, right?)...At Survivor series.

If the streak ends...does it takes away from is legacy? Of course not, but is a nice accomplishment to have. Seriously seems every year everyone is obsessed with this and wants to end something that while it is played out now was never really planned, it just happened at some point.

20-0, That is a great round number.

Also, why Sting again? Seriously, Taker has more left in the Tank than the Stinger does and why give the streak to someone who will be around only 3/4 of a year? Seriously what good comes from it?

To honor Sting? give me a break, The guy was good, but was never willing to get there in the first place and I wouldn't give something that took almost 20 years to build to someone who is not even going to be there for the next Wrestlemania.

6maximum6carnage6
02-09-2011, 03:25 AM
its funny, at first i thought this wasn't going to be another Sting/Undertaker thread. i was wrong...

Trips88
02-09-2011, 03:53 AM
its funny, at first i thought this wasn't going to be another Sting/Undertaker thread. i was wrong...

Yea I'm getting kinda tired of it as well. If it happens, great. If not, o well. Taker will never loose at Mania. That story has taken to much time and effort to build and the WWE won't let it happen.

6maximum6carnage6
02-09-2011, 05:10 AM
Yea I'm getting kinda tired of it as well. If it happens, great. If not, o well. Taker will never loose at Mania. That story has taken to much time and effort to build and the WWE won't let it happen.

my thoughts exactly

Tommy Thunder
02-09-2011, 05:38 AM
Every year is the same thing "He can just retire with the Streak intact" and a lot of people wants someone to end it. Seriously what is wrong with the guy Retiring undefeated at ONE...one PPV? Seriously, the character is is great, it would be more fitting if he retires were it all begun (Maybe that is why they keep the name there, right?)...At Survivor series.

If the streak ends...does it takes away from is legacy? Of course not, but is a nice accomplishment to have. Seriously seems every year everyone is obsessed with this and wants to end something that while it is played out now was never really planned, it just happened at some point.

20-0, That is a great round number.

Also, why Sting again? Seriously, Taker has more left in the Tank than the Stinger does and why give the streak to someone who will be around only 3/4 of a year? Seriously what good comes from it?

To honor Sting? give me a break, The guy was good, but was never willing to get there in the first place and I wouldn't give something that took almost 20 years to build to someone who is not even going to be there for the next Wrestlemania.

You think Taker has more left in the tank than Sting? Sting is 51 and he can still go in the ring, Taker on the other hand can barely last a normal match anymore let alone a ppv match. I'm actually surprised Taker hasn't retired already, and he certainly won't still be wrestling when he's in his 50's.

Saiga
02-09-2011, 05:44 AM
i think The Great Khali should get a shot at taker's streak. we all know how shit he is of a wrestler. hell, i'm suprised khali isnt even on taker's streak, yet guys like mark henry, giant gonzalez, big show, a-train & sid are. i wonder how taker would ground the the great khali.

give khali a shot because he could put on a Great performance. hell, one chop to the head would be a mighty blow ;)

Tommy Thunder
02-09-2011, 05:48 AM
i think The Great Khali should get a shot at taker's streak. we all know how shit he is of a wrestler. hell, i'm suprised khali isnt even on taker's streak, yet guys like mark henry, giant gonzalez, big show, a-train & sid are. i wonder how taker would ground the the great khali.

give khali a shot because he could put on a Great performance. hell, one chop to the head would be a mighty blow ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 05:54 AM
goldberg vs taker
streak vs streak

The Brown One
02-09-2011, 06:30 AM
No one must end the streak. Its one of WWE's greatest things ever. Even Chris Jericho shouldn't be allowed to end the streak. When Taker is retiring, I'd like to see it happen the way that someone else said it should happen- Survivor Series. That way, Taker's streak will remain intact, and he will retire at the PPV that he debuted.

masakaritko
02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
And this is a moment where I wish Kurt Angle would come back in time for WM 28. He would be a great choice for Taker's final streak victim. If he eventually gets too upset over TNA putting his personal life on tv, I'm sure he'd make the jump. Forget I even mentioned Sting before. Obviously he'll never go to WWE, whether most of us wish he would or not. And on Undertaker's streak ever ending, everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion. All that matters in the long run is the direction WWE creative chooses to go. Some folks would rather it end and some would rather him retire undefeated at Mania, but all that matters is how they want him to go out.

masakaritko
02-09-2011, 06:40 AM
goldberg vs taker
streak vs streak

Too bad Goldberg's streak ended a very long time ago. would've been an excellent idea, though.

Anyrysm
02-09-2011, 09:19 AM
Jericho is one of my all-time favorites, so if Taker has to lose I would like it to be to him; but personally I would like to see Taker retire 20-0 by tombstoning Cena to hell and back. I'm not a Cena hater, but he's one of the few people left that Taker hasn't had a feud with and it could generate legitimate interest as to who would win. Because lets face it, besides from WM 25 against HBK has anyone ever really felt Taker had a chance of losing?

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 09:28 AM
You think Taker has more left in the tank than Sting? Sting is 51 and he can still go in the ring, Taker on the other hand can barely last a normal match anymore let alone a ppv match. I'm actually surprised Taker hasn't retired already, and he certainly won't still be wrestling when he's in his 50's.

Taker has a full schedule and wrestles through some nagging injuries. Sting wasn't wrestling for two years and wrestles a lighter schedule in TNA then Taker does in the WWE. Heck, he hasn't wrestled (on TV) since the first They reveal. Do you think Sting could go if he was wrestling in the WWE after WCW fell?

And as for who I think would be a good opponent with Taker, Jericho as people said would be great. But giving Cena a Shot at the Streak would be interesting to see.

Stinger187
02-09-2011, 09:48 AM
If there going to end it next year they need to build up a new person and push them until next year! Then have it head to the next WM and end it so the new guy can get put over and get a big jump! That would go over with the kiddies! Cause this guys awesome he ended the streak! Whoever it needs to be a new guy, I love Y2J but I don't think he will be doing this much longer! Cena is already huge and faced him already! Orton too, they could make or break someone with this!

maar13
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM

Last year was a tough year for the guy because of 2 major injuries, but you can't deny the fact the 2 previous years he really kept up his pace, during his time as champion he worked way more than Sting did and even with his privilege schedule he works way more dates than Sting does, of cours you can go if you wrestle only twice a month, Damn Taker goes to most overseas tours even when he is no announced to be there and the readon why he got in last year until Summeslam is because he got his eye socket and his nose broken in a match.

How much time is Sting away from the scene while uner contract with TNA? How much time was he away before joining TNA? Sorry man but the fact reamains, while Taker might retire in a year or two, his wear and tear has been far greater than Sting's and probably if he comes back in good shape will last longer than Sting.

Mr. McMahon
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Here are a few of my own picks:

- The Rock, Never say never, still young & if the time is right you never know Rock might wrestle short term or even make a full time comeback
- Stone Cold, He is healed from his injuries & said he has a few more matches left in him. Austin/Taker always had great chemistry
- Vince McMahon, sure he may be old but he had the match of the year with hogan at WM19
- Mick Foley, if he returns to WWE someday, this could be a great grudge match. Taker/Foley always gave us a moment that we would take about for years to come

Automatic
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lITBGjNEp08

I'm offended!

dres1214
02-09-2011, 03:57 PM
giving Cena a shot at it, I wouldnt pay to see that! SuperCena would come on top. That match wouldnt be entertaining one bit, 5 moves from Cena, then what happens? BORING! Jericho would be ideal, also Undertakers streak won't come to an end. It shouldnt come to an end. 20-0 sounds better than 19-1 IMO.

HeelTurn
02-09-2011, 03:59 PM
I dont want anyone to end the streak, its something that has never been done in WWE and never will be again. As far as final match (most likely at WM28) Jericho seems the best choice, or Angle if he returns.

masakaritko
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Cena vs. Taker would be boring to us "veteran fans" but the kiddies would probably love it and cry when Cena gets tombstoned 5 times and loses. Jericho would be the best choice for his final match, that much I agree with, but back onto the subject of this years WM. Should Wade Barrett really be Taker's opponent? I almost wish that Punk wasn't going in against Orton, because remember, Punk is the only guy that "made Taker tap out" even though it was really a "screwjob finish" and he never actually tapped, Taker did actually tap once while Kurt Angle had him in a triangle choke, but Taker pinned him at the same time so it ended in a draw and Taker retained the title. Kurt Angle won't go back to WWE by this year's Mania, though so that isn't happening. What if they had Taker vs. all members of the Corre and he beat all of them? interesting scenario.

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 03:08 PM
everytime i look at this thread i think it says The Steak! and i have to say to myself no this isn't a food forum! XD

JoMo's Mojo
02-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Since his debut in the WWE in 1990, The Undertaker has been one of the most entertaining and unique characters ever. Everyone knows who he is and his presence is always one of the most anticipated things at all WWE events. Of course, we don't need to discuss his accolades as that would take forever and a day to accomplish.

Anyways, as we all know, all good things must come to an end. The Undertaker has had several "ends" only to be brought back in dramatic fashion because the Undertaker is a character that simply cannot die. So my question to you is how do you believe the WWE will plan out his retirement? How will the actual "end" of the Deadman go? I'm just curious as to some ideas you may have. Obviously, everyone wants to see their favorites go out on top, but "on top" doesn't necessarily mean winning your last match (i.e. Shawn Michaels). And his last match doesn't necessarily HAVE to (and probably won't) be Wrestlemania.

Personally, I think the last time we will see the Undertaker will be when he is "laid to rest" in a casket and taken away by druids one final time. Then again, we'll probably more than likely get guest appearances out of him in the future showing that the Undertaker, as mentioned before, can never truly "die."

cubco
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I have a strange feeling that WWE are secretly training someone to take over the Undertaker character . . . lol i kid.

Im not too sure. I think he will go off in coffin with the druids, but he will do it himself. someone wont 'end' his carrear, he will just end his own.

thedominator92
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
this is how i see taker going out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plQgE8QYxcA

Automatic
02-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Hahaha if you want to tarnish someones legacy, that's the way.

LMPunker
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
he'll win at wrestlemania making it 20-0 he'll do that bow thing with the tounge sticking out the lights will go out the gong will go off and a casket will apear

Danny92
02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
michael cole will end it in devastating fashion

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
We already have a thread for this.
But I think it would be nice if he ended his career at where it began-at Survivor Series..or even Smackdown..with the druids and casket idea.

JoMo's Mojo
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM
But I think it would be nice if he ended his career at where it began-at Survivor Series..or even Smackdown..with the druids and casket idea.

Sorry about that. Just found it. Didn't know where the search tool was. Feel free to lock this up or delete.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM

And Paul Bearer unless you want to go back further with Ted Dibiase Sr.

SevenCagedTigers
02-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I have a strange feeling that WWE are secretly training someone to take over the Undertaker character . . . lol i kid.

Im not too sure. I think he will go off in coffin with the druids, but he will do it himself. someone wont 'end' his carrear, he will just end his own.

Theres no reason why The Undertaker can't be the next Doink the Clown. Just have someone else put on the trenchcoat so the next generation can enjoy the awesome

InfoWarrior
02-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Theres no reason why The Undertaker can't be the next Doink the Clown. Just have someone else put on the trenchcoat so the next generation can enjoy the awesome

to quote The Miz,"Really..Really...Really...Really?" how can you even make that connection with Undertaker and Doink The Clown. No one could ever come close to replacing Undertaker. No way that would ever happen and if it even did it would be like pissing on the tomestone that is Undertakers career.

justin sane
02-10-2011, 06:36 PM
did someone say he should end it himself? Undertaker SUICIDE? I dont think the PG era would stand for that (though it would be a hell of a thing to witness)

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 06:49 PM
michael cole will end it in devastating fashion

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/hello-good-sir-on-behalf-of-the-internets-i-must-regretfully-inform-you-to-gtfo-and-take-your-fail-with-you.jpg

Rick BoA
02-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I think that WM 28 will be his last match (if he has a match then) making it 20-0. I also think that the wwe will do a nice send off on raw were he talks are a real man, not as the undertaker thanking the fans and whatnot.

We will see random appearances of him after that, maybe he will take a backstage role to be with his wife on the road.

Saiga
02-10-2011, 10:47 PM
the re-appearance of Mordecai will signal the end of Undertaker's time with the WWE.

SevenCagedTigers
02-10-2011, 11:57 PM
did someone say he should end it himself? Undertaker SUICIDE? I dont think the PG era would stand for that (though it would be a hell of a thing to witness)

Lolol, The Undertaker vs. himself at Wrestlemania, ala Al Snow vs. Head. Only The Undertaker can defeat The Undertaker.

Or maybe Chuck Norris can come, it'll be the unstoppable beard vs the immovable trenchcoat

Robstar
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM

The problem with this is he's so iconic, it'd be hard to get fans to accept someone new. Doink was a novelty, 90's and the WWE world was still kayfabing to a large degree. It'd be hard to establish characters like the Undertaker in today's PC/PG world.

Now,......can't we make this thread about Sting already? ;)

Stihltygre
02-11-2011, 01:07 AM
a possibility the Figure of the Undertaker really does add something to WWE, the remorseless unmoving dark hero/villan. the gimmick could move on but not in the way Mark Calaway portrays him. what would have to happen is an intense feud with a young agile big guy who has a bit of the dark look to him, while the young guy is wondering why the baddest ass in the WWE is hunting him, each match Taker wins by less culminating at survivor series where the young guy finally wins and Taker passes the torch with a slow retirement sticking around as a manager. in order for it to work it would have to be a long slow process where we see him evolve his own style, adapting moves from Taker... when he receives the title ( of the undertaker not a belt) it's a perfect set up for a Kane feud to really give him a chance to solidify himself and create history. they could even throw out a blood relation story line the guy didn't know about but that gets too close to cheesy.

problem is finding an athlete who can do what Taker does, is nearly impossible, Matt Morgan could have, but the combination of Size and agility with Taker's sheer presence is highly unlikely to happen again

Robstar
02-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Eli Cottonwood = The New Undertaker! ;)

Kashdinero
02-11-2011, 03:44 AM

And we have struck gold!

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 03:56 AM

Hes got to either shave off, or grow a mustache first. Also, hes got to grow hair so he doesn't look like a poodle anymore.

TheMadThinker
02-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Undertaker should go at his 20-0 Wrestlemania victory. At the end of the match he would be in the middle of the ring doing his undertaker salute and suddenly the Brother Love Show theme song music starts. For the first time in his career Undertaker will have a look of fear and confusion on his face. Brother love then come out on a side stage and gives a short recap of Undertakers glorious career and finally tells him he as done enough. At this point Brother Love does his signature THANK YOU…THANK YOOOU to the Undertaker. The arena then goes dark and lightning strikes the center of the ring. The lights come back on and nothing is left but a pile of ashes in the center of the ring. Paul Bearer weeping comes out and places the ashes in the urn and hands the Undertakers remains back into the possession of Brother Love.

This would be totally cyclical since Brother Love gave Paul Bearer Undertakers contract in the first place.

Totally inconceivable I know, since most people who watch wrestling these days have no concept of who Brother Love is. People of my generation would totally mark-out though (at least I would).

Robstar
02-11-2011, 04:48 AM
Undertaker should go at his 20-0 Wrestlemania victory. At the end of the match he would be in the middle of the ring doing his undertaker salute and suddenly the Brother Love Show theme song music starts. For the first time in his career Undertaker will have a look of fear and confusion on his face. Brother love then come out on a side stage and gives a short recap of Undertakers glorious career and finally tells him he as done enough. At this point Brother Love does his signature THANK YOU…THANK YOOOU to the Undertaker. The arena then goes dark and lightning strikes the center of the ring. The lights come back on and nothing is left but a pile of ashes in the center of the ring. Paul Bearer weeping comes out and places the ashes in the urn and hands the Undertakers remains back into the possession of Brother Love.

This would be totally cyclical since Brother Love gave Paul Bearer Undertakers contract in the first place.

Totally inconceivable I know, since most people who watch wrestling these days have no concept of who Brother Love is. People of my generation would totally mark-out though (at least I would).

He was a Pritchard, right? Not Bruce? Totally going blind on this

TheMadThinker
02-11-2011, 04:54 AM
He was a Pritchard, right? Not Bruce? Totally going blind on this

Yeah, I think Bruce Prichard was brother love.

TheMadThinker
02-11-2011, 05:06 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3289/2989634027_df58c4f075.jpg

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 05:46 AM
That would actually make alot of sense..but I think they would want to go completely "supernatural" with his retirement. Taker should make a speech or something though, and then Paul Bearer can come out, take Taker's ashes, and weep.

PandaMassacre
02-11-2011, 06:20 AM
I think it would be cool if they did like a history retirement with Undertaker where they bring out APA, The Brood, Kane, Paul Bearer and a lot of the other people that are still alive that have played a big part in his career. I know it sounds stupid but I would just love the nostalgia. An example of what I am talking about would be like a Ric Flair styled send off.

captainmoonlight
02-11-2011, 08:15 AM
i think instead of a paranormal character we could have someone resembling daniel day lewis' character in there will be blood.

"here's a straw......."

proper crazy evil

THEKEVINBRAND
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Word going around is that WWE officials have discussed The Undertaker vs. Triple H for WrestleMania 27 in a Career vs. Streak match with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee. What are your thoughts on the possible match? Should The Game be hanging it up now or wait a few years and wrestle part-time?

HeelTurn
02-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Well Triple H was set to break the streak at Mania 17. Personally I dont think its that good an idea, Triple H should come back for maybe 1 more year and retire at next years Mania. On his way out he should hopefully put some people over (obv the only ones he likes), Sheamus at this years Mania, Barrett, Del Rio etc.

Bodom
02-11-2011, 01:35 PM
The problem is, can they even have a good match right now, never mind something even somewhat comparable to HBK/Taker I & II? I don't think so, and do they set themselves up for a major letdown (and even embarrassment) if the match stinks?

HHH wasn't having great matches before he left and now he's rusty and out of shape? And Taker needs time until he's back in wrestling shape, and it only gets more difficult as he gets older.

If someone really wants to retire and their hand is forced, I guess you do the match, but I'd wait until next year when the conditions are more favorable (hopefully). And that way you'd have HBK involved in two Wrestlemanias.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I too hated the idea of having two matches of the same type back to back at WrestleMania, and like HeelTurn said, HHH should stick around for another year and put his favorites over (I wonder if he's still in Kliq mode). To answer Bodom's question, I heard that Undertaker is doing intense rehab and can probably work a decent match. Triple H just needs to work a live show to work off that ring rust. As much as I like HBK, he should sit out this year's 'Mania and let HHH have his well deserved match with Sheamus.

Automatic
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
NOOO, Next year. This year I want to see Sheamus vs HHH it must be.

Robstar
02-11-2011, 03:10 PM
It does look very much like Undertaker's WM opponent will be Barrett. Since CM Punk seems to be obsessed with Orton right now, we won't get Nexus vs The Corre (although that match + MITB at WM would be gold).

I know everyone else is bored of it but I still cannot fathom that WWE would let Kane/Undertaker end with Kane going over. Just doesn't seem very WWE or very Undertaker to end that way. Oh well I guess we'll see soon how it all plays out

Ruggy
02-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I twinge with fear whenever the words "Triple H" and "Main Event" are thrust together these days. If the WWE had any dignity what so ever, then they will leave Takers streak unbroken and not let the owners son-in-law end it.

thedominator92
02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
vince is suppose to retire at the end of the year, so it makes since for hhh to end his career sooner than later. i wish they would have a young guy retire him instead of undertaker though, that way they could push a new star

Lance Storm
02-11-2011, 04:05 PM
How about the stipulation that no matter what your career is over. Win and lose. Move over.

thejman93
02-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Sheamus or Mcentyire should retire HHH next WM. They get waaay over as a heel, HHH can start to run things, Vinnie can retire, everybody wins!

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
vince is suppose to retire at the end of the year, so it makes since for hhh to end his career sooner than later. i wish they would have a young guy retire him instead of undertaker though, that way they could push a new star

If Vince retires then Triple H must currently be Vince's SLUT or Son in Law Undergoing Training to take over the WWE's reigns!

thejman93
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
If Vince retires then Triple H must currently be Vince's SLUT or Son in Law Undergoing Training to take over the WWE's reigns!

So now when HHH and Steph come out together the crowd will be calling him a slut not her. :)

Bodom
02-11-2011, 04:12 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_y ou_all-s480x360-106842.jpg

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/I_see_what_you_did_there_cat_RE_More_funnies_for_y ou_all-s480x360-106842.jpg

Let's just say I was inspired by Rosey!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Let's just say I was inspired by Rosey!

Ah yes! the super hero in training! i loved that comedy bit, if only WWE would produce comedy gold again!

for example THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvB9Li2rUoA

daveking
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
I saw someone post on this very topic a few months back and I thought it was a cool way for taker to retire. After Taker wins at WM possibly at MSG, Undertaker does his classic salute to the fans with the eyes rolled back, tongue sticking out, and holding up a world title one more time. Then the lights go out, then a gouge sound happens then the lights come back on and Taker is gone, but the title is in the center of the ring and WM ends on that note. I think that would be sentimental, but also a sign that Taker respected the business enough to leave the torch behide for the new super stars.

thejman93
02-11-2011, 05:51 PM
I saw someone post on this very topic a few months back and I thought it was a cool way for taker to retire. After Taker wins at WM possibly at MSG, Undertaker does his classic salute to the fans with the eyes rolled back, tongue sticking out, and holding up a world title one more time. Then the lights go out, then a gouge sound happens then the lights come back on and Taker is gone, but the title is in the center of the ring and WM ends on that note. I think that would be sentimental, but also a sign that Taker respected the business enough to leave the torch behide for the new super stars.

For added dramatic effect the urn should lay beside the belt.

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 06:05 PM

I don't like the idea of Taker's career ending at MSG though. It will be a small arena for WM, compared with the huge arenas we've been getting over the past several years.

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM

Who said that Vince is to retire at the end of this year?

The problem is, can they even have a good match right now, never mind something even somewhat comparable to HBK/Taker I & II? I don't think so, and do they set themselves up for a major letdown (and even embarrassment) if the match stinks?

HHH wasn't having great matches before he left and now he's rusty and out of shape? And Taker needs time until he's back in wrestling shape, and it only gets more difficult as he gets older.

If someone really wants to retire and their hand is forced, I guess you do the match, but I'd wait until next year when the conditions are more favorable (hopefully). And that way you'd have HBK involved in two Wrestlemanias.

From what I've heard/seen from his first match back(it was at a house show in his hometown I believe), against ADR, he looked like he had lost some weight.

Sheamus or Mcentyire should retire HHH next WM. They get waaay over as a heel, HHH can start to run things, Vinnie can retire, everybody wins!

I wouldn't mind seeing this. I would rather have someone like those you mentioned end Triple H's career than Taker's streak.

Saiga
02-11-2011, 06:39 PM
i'd like to see Booker T turn heel and have a match with the Deadman at Mania.

That would be epic!

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't like the idea of Taker's career ending at MSG though. It will be a small arena for WM, compared with the huge arenas we've been getting over the past several years.

I think the poster selected MSG because it's often referred to as "the most famous arena in the world" by many (obviously arguable).

Robstar
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
There's a report on the main page that WWE is trying to line up Undertaker vs HHH for WM, apparantly in another career vs streak match. This completely makes no sense whatsoever. There's no time to set it up, for one, and two HHH should go out with a bit more fanfare than that. WM 28? Why not? But that would likely be 'Taker's retirement match, one would think. Losing two big guns at once might be a bit much

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Another career vs streak match at this year's WM seems a bit redundant. If they really want something like Trips vs Undertaker in another career vs streak match at WM, hold off for another year so that Taker can make it a solid 20 (assuming he can go). After Taker gets his 20, he can go whenever the time is right. As for HHH, (as said before) he can put his boys over throughout the course of the year leading up to next year's WM....part time of course.

Rich Cranium
02-11-2011, 07:52 PM
i'd like to see Booker T turn heel and have a match with the Deadman at Mania.

That would be epic!

That would be good since Book can still go and would be able to carry Taker!

JoMo's Mojo
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
There's a report on the main page that WWE is trying to line up Undertaker vs HHH for WM, apparantly in another career vs streak match. This completely makes no sense whatsoever. There's no time to set it up, for one, and two HHH should go out with a bit more fanfare than that. WM 28? Why not? But that would likely be 'Taker's retirement match, one would think. Losing two big guns at once might be a bit much

It is just speculation at this point, but you're right. It would be pretty lame for Trips to come back for only 2 months before he's sent off. Taker also doesn't necessarily have to retire at WM.

Robstar
02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
It is just speculation at this point, but you're right. It would be pretty lame for Trips to come back for only 2 months before he's sent off. Taker also doesn't necessarily have to retire at WM.

True.

(I've merged these threads for being too similar!)

Deadman's_streak
02-13-2011, 02:11 AM
I've mentioned this idea before on another forum but here's my ideal way Taker goes out and a hell of a WM moment:

Undertaker should face Vince at his final match in WM.
Have Vince show up on Raw one night and saying how fed up he is with the Undertaker and his streak every year. And how every year he hopes it gets broken and gets let down. So he calls out Taker and decides to challenge him at WM in a no dq match.

And of course all the way towards WM you'll have the normal things like the mind games and ect.
Then at WM have an epic match between the two. And during the middle of the match have every one of Taker's wm victim's interfere and try to help end the Streak. And with Bearer at his side with the urn, Taker draws up enough power to overcome and clean house. And tombstoning Vince for the win. And the streak stays in tact while he rides off into the sunset (or darkness for that matter lol).

Now I know it would be impossible to have all of those former victim's of Taker's streak to show up because some are either dead or with other companies, but if they could atleast get some if not most of those guys for that night would be awesome.

Or if you want to make things really interesting, have a match stipulation where if Taker wins he must retire and never step foot in a wwe ring again. Now that would definatly spice things up and have everyone wondering if the streak would end or if he'll decide to take the win and leave forever.

omgman113
02-13-2011, 07:28 AM
I've mentioned this idea before on another forum but here's my ideal way Taker goes out and a hell of a WM moment:

Undertaker should face Vince at his final match in WM.
Have Vince show up on Raw one night and saying how fed up he is with the Undertaker and his streak every year. And how every year he hopes it gets broken and gets let down. So he calls out Taker and decides to challenge him at WM in a no dq match.

And of course all the way towards WM you'll have the normal things like the mind games and ect.
Then at WM have an epic match between the two. And during the middle of the match have every one of Taker's wm victim's interfere and try to help end the Streak. And with Bearer at his side with the urn, Taker draws up enough power to overcome and clean house. And tombstoning Vince for the win. And the streak stays in tact while he rides off into the sunset (or darkness for that matter lol).

Now I know it would be impossible to have all of those former victim's of Taker's streak to show up because some are either dead or with other companies, but if they could atleast get some if not most of those guys for that night would be awesome.

Or if you want to make things really interesting, have a match stipulation where if Taker wins he must retire and never step foot in a wwe ring again. Now that would definatly spice things up and have everyone wondering if the streak would end or if he'll decide to take the win and leave forever.

now that last bit seems interensting hahahha, im a huge fan of taker, he is my fav and has been for years, i think it should be mcmahon v taker this year not next, next year wwe should do the whole hhh v taker and hbk as ref.