PDA

View Full Version : WWE: The Real Youth Movement Is Not What You Think (Offsite Article)

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
(Source (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/604151-wwe-the-real-youth-movement-is-not-what-you-think))

I watched my son cry this weekend. I’ve seen him cry many times before but this one was different. I saw him cry when he fell off of the couch and landed hard on his head. I saw him cry when I took away his video games. I saw him cry when we saw the sharks at the aquarium.

He’s five, he cries. He sat across from me at the table and began to turn bright red. His bottom lip begins to quiver and he bites it to slow it down. His eyes began to well and he tries not to let anyone else notice. This was a man cry.

Dolph Ziggler had just lost a title match to Edge and my boy was pissed.

This is an article you should read as it shows the real reason why PG is such a good idea.

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
(Source (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/604151-wwe-the-real-youth-movement-is-not-what-you-think))

This is an article you should read as it shows the real reason why PG is such a good idea.

nah i don't read anything i just randomly type things in the reply box! Pg is a good thing I grew up on PG wrestling except there was more wrestling back then!

shanethewolf
02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
This is why PG is a bad thing...that kid needs to man the f&ck up!! All these little pansies are being mollycoddled too much and don't know how to cope with the slightest hardships or disappointments.

thedag
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
i cried too.

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't know how many children are like this..children who are major fans of wrestling, who know entrance songs word to word, and are so emotionally invested in the product that they cry when their favorite wrestler loses a match. But this has been a great read. People say that PG sucks, and the kids make it suck, buying their Cena merch, therefore making Cena even more popular and keeping him in the main event for longer. But this kid was different. He liked wrestlers because of their wrestling, and their theme song :P Well..if there were more children like this..then the WWE would still be the rich company that it is..but with a bit better fans, who appreciate the wrestling, instead of just John Cena.

Automatic
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM
This is why PG is a bad thing...that kid needs to man the f&ck up!! All these little pansies are being mollycoddled too much and don't know how to cope with the slightest hardships or disappointments.

Uhm he's 5?

SevenCagedTigers
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
nah i don't read anything i just randomly type things in the reply box! Pg is a good thing I grew up on PG wrestling except there was more wrestling back then!

Smackdown should be PG wrestling, and RAW should be more for the adult fans who have grown up and graduated from their Hornswoggles and their Boogeymen. The whole point of splitting the roster was because after WWE bought WCW and ECW, WWE's roster was too bloated to fit everyone on one show. But somehow, it evolved into two distinct brands. RAW was more of a nostalgia show as it had Hollywood Hogan and the return of the NWO. It had Stone Cold, Booker T, GOLDBERG. It had DX, The Four Horsemen's Evolution and the like. Meanwhile, Smackdown was more wrestling-centric with characters like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit, and the second coming of Hulk Hogan, John Cena.

I wish WWE would just make Smackdown the PG brand and keep all their PG crap there. Cena, Hornswoggle, and any of their gimmick-ridden characters like Alberto Del Rio who do more "entertaining" then wrestling. And RAW and its webshow NXT could be the one that us ADULT fans go to when we want actual wrestling. Because I am convinced that younger fans want more Entertainment, and adult fans don't want their intelligence insulted, so they want more Wrestling. Thats my opinion anyway.

CobraNightviper
02-10-2011, 07:05 PM
pg would be okay if there was still wrestling involved and not so much talking.

Mr. McMahon
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
right on man! the draft lottery of 2002 was fucking awesome. It felt as if RAW/Smackdown were two different companies. Now adays you don't even need to wait for a draft lottery, people move/switch brands like all the time, its so stupid and pointless and also them appearing on both shows just destroys the point of having two brands.

I love if they went back to the 2002 concept and actually had powerful GMs and a unique show

Smackdown should be PG wrestling, and RAW should be more for the adult fans who have grown up and graduated from their Hornswoggles and their Boogeymen. The whole point of splitting the roster was because after WWE bought WCW and ECW, WWE's roster was too bloated to fit everyone on one show. But somehow, it evolved into two distinct brands. RAW was more of a nostalgia show as it had Hollywood Hogan and the return of the NWO. It had Stone Cold, Booker T, GOLDBERG. It had DX, The Four Horsemen's Evolution and the like. Meanwhile, Smackdown was more wrestling-centric with characters like Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit, and the second coming of Hulk Hogan, John Cena.

I wish WWE would just make Smackdown the PG brand and keep all their PG crap there. Cena, Hornswoggle, and any of their gimmick-ridden characters like Alberto Del Rio who do more "entertaining" then wrestling. And RAW and its webshow NXT could be the one that us ADULT fans go to when we want actual wrestling. Because I am convinced that younger fans want more Entertainment, and adult fans don't want their intelligence insulted, so they want more Wrestling. Thats my opinion anyway.

Trips88
02-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Not to argue with ya big man, but I remember the last generation of PG wrestling to be the era of Hogans first run with WWF. Back when he would talk about sayin prayers and tryin to get VKM to use Python Powder. That was the time frame when guys whould be in the ring talking for ten min. and only wrestling for three lol.

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM

The funny thing is that Raw-apparently the A show, has more of the "PG crap". Don't pile up everything PG and put it on Smackdown. Its the wrestling show, and usually has matches that go for over 5 minutes. Half of Raw's matches don't even get to that time. I watch Smackdown for wrestling, not PG storylines.

johnadah
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know how many children are like this..children who are major fans of wrestling, who know entrance songs word to word, and are so emotionally invested in the product that they cry when their favorite wrestler loses a match. But this has been a great read. People say that PG sucks, and the kids make it suck, buying their Cena merch, therefore making Cena even more popular and keeping him in the main event for longer. But this kid was different. He liked wrestlers because of their wrestling, and their theme song :P Well..if there were more children like this..then the WWE would still be the rich company that it is..but with a bit better fans, who appreciate the wrestling, instead of just John Cena.

I was that type of fan as a child. I cried for days after the fake Sting joined the nWo. Of course, I had no idea wrestling was a work back then. Nonetheless, I thought Sting had really turned heel (even though he's done that a couple of times now, but it was unthinkable to me as a 10 year old). I was completely emotionally invested in the stories, even at that age. I don't blame a 5 year old for crying when one of WWE's best young talents was written out of winning the most prestigious title in professional wrestling. I was pulling for Ziggler, too.

HeelTurn
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Wow that kid is such a Ziggler mark lol
Good for him, hope my kid gets that much into the product and cheers who he wants to cheer for.