PDA

View Full Version : Now are you in denial TNA fans?!

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Here is what Eric Bischof said recent interview; AND I QUOTE!!:

"I think 'Plan B' (the Fortune split from Immortal) was well-received."

I think this pretty much confirms that originally the MEM were meant to be 'They'. I don't think any TNA fan can argue against this any more. Or are there any of you out there still in denial?

eboy
02-10-2011, 11:39 AM
bischoffs playing a game and he's playing us all

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
bischoffs playing a game and he's playing us all

The problem is he's playing Go Fish while the rest of the world is playing Poker.

Seriously, this confirms MEM were supposed to be They.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
The problem is he's playing Go Fish while the rest of the world is playing Poker.

Quoted for truth!

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 12:09 PM

That my friend, is the truth.

Lowki
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Bringing back steiner, involving kurt angle and then trying to sign Booker and Nash pretty much gave away the fact they wanted the MeM.

wallyman
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I think this pretty much confirms that originally the MEM were meant to be 'They'. I don't think any TNA fan can argue against this any more. Or are there any of you out there still in denial?

i as a big tna mark know it was MEM....but i think fortune was a better idea...and it worked out better for tna

jhorton1215
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Do you have any Bookers? - Go Fish

Do you have any Nash's? - Go Fish

Do you have any Orlando Jordan's? - *throws card*

:D

6maximum6carnage6
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
HaHa that's awesome. i like Tna but BUHAHA!! At Least AJ is Face again!

el gabo
02-10-2011, 02:16 PM
i as a big tna mark know it was MEM....but i think fortune was a better idea...and it worked out better for tna

BULLSHIT!!!!

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=259&d=1297365296

IPOOPINTHEBATH
02-10-2011, 02:23 PM
BULLSHIT!!!!

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=259&d=1297365296

Well, I was going to ask who was denying that "They" were supposed to be MEM but then you throw that out there.

Thanks Wallyman, you're making TNA fans looks like idiots.

Lowki
02-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh Busted!

But serious...If you can deny that TNA intended to have the Main Event Mafia as 'They' then i'd put your intelligence below that of the impact zone regulars.

Bodom
02-10-2011, 02:37 PM
bullshit!!!!

bwahahahaha!!!!!

Xpacfan
02-10-2011, 02:45 PM

I'm not sure who you are referring to. I never denied MNM was supposed to be "They" and I even stated that I thought it wasn't a smart decision for Dixie to let Nash and Booker T go at the last minute.

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 02:49 PM
I believe the target was for those who announced that they were right about MEM not being They originally. Like a certain topic made here before.

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 03:04 PM
I might say plan B will make a better story and WILL go over with the fans more cause they want to see more of the young guys who can put on good shows!

Nay_Than
02-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Im a huge TNA fan and even i knew 'they' were supposed to be MEM.. just fucking idiots giving us a bad name.

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 03:12 PM
I might say plan B will make a better story and WILL go over with the fans more cause they want to see more of the young guys who can put on good shows!

That's why I'm starting to watch them on Dailymotion now, though my restart of watching TNA was last week's episode...

eboy
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
eric bischoffs booking style has always been mixing fiction and reality perhaps he wants everyone to think he and hulk are going to ruin TNA and when fortune (who are originals not mafia) drive him out the tna brand will be so strong for being able to do what the billion doller wcw couldn'nt drive out hogan & bischoff

like i said bischoffs playing a game and its high stakes poker and hes playing us all

VKM
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
BULLSHIT!!!!

If only this guy could have been here:
http://www.gerweck.net/damn06.jpg

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 05:17 PM
BULLSHIT!!!!

GREAT work there my friend!! And good memory to remember that, and good dedication to find it!!

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 05:51 PM

I'm calling shenanigans.

SevenCagedTigers
02-10-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm not sure who you are referring to. I never denied MNM was supposed to be "They" and I even stated that I thought it wasn't a smart decision for Dixie to let Nash and Booker T go at the last minute.

All of your opinions are null and void because you're an X-pac fan.

SevenCagedTigers
02-10-2011, 06:01 PM
eric bischoffs booking style has always been mixing fiction and reality perhaps he wants everyone to think he and hulk are going to ruin TNA and when fortune (who are originals not mafia) drive him out the tna brand will be so strong for being able to do what the billion doller wcw couldn'nt drive out hogan & bischoff

like i said bischoffs playing a game and its high stakes poker and hes playing us all

Youre giving Bischoff too much credit and you're overestimating his intelligence. All the while, you are ignoring the facts.

The fact is, Hogan and Bischoff DID try to make TNA more like WWE, not because they were "Playing the long game" of PRETENDING to ruin TNA so the Originals could "take it back" later. They did it because they truly believed that the only way to beat the WWE, was to hire all its scrap talent in hopes that name value would equal ratings. Youre acting as if Bischoff is more intelligent then all of us when it is completely transparent that - nevermind. Why am I even arguing with you? You've already made your decision.

Dax
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
And you have already made YOUR decision. Eric Bischoff knows the business, he's been working in it for 20+ years. Even Paul Heyman will tell you that. I'm not a TNA fan, in fact, I don't even watch it on a daily basis. But the fact of the matter is that none of us know what TNA planned, is planning, or wants to plan. Yes, it's that simple.

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Flame on! XD

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Just to clarify, the title is aimed at TNA fans who denied that the MEM were originally meant to be 'They'.

CobraNightviper
02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
they were talking about wallyman unless you and wallyman are one and the same.

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 07:51 PM
And you have already made YOUR decision. Eric Bischoff knows the business, he's been working in it for 20+ years. Even Paul Heyman will tell you that. I'm not a TNA fan, in fact, I don't even watch it on a daily basis. But the fact of the matter is that none of us know what TNA planned, is planning, or wants to plan. Yes, it's that simple.

TNA has no plans for the long run. If they did, all their current swerves would have made sense. Why did Samoa Joe got kidnapped by Ninjas? And what happened to that? Why didn't Bishoff help Hardy become champ when RVD dropped the belt but insisted on helping Angle? Why on earth did Fortune waited 4 months for this, all the while helping Immortal attack everyone including Morgan, who was part of Fortune but split because he didn't like where they were going? Why is Pope a heel now?!?

teacher_on_da_rampage!
02-10-2011, 07:53 PM
It was obviously going to be MEM, bischoff even mentioned sting, nash and booker on iMPACT! nuff said!

About ezie E, now bischoff is a cunning, manipulative, and SMART lil bastard, he would play us all face 2 face, so fuck knows whats going on in his weird, yet ingenious mind! lets wait and see!

VKM
02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
The thing is....None of us know what Eazy E does and suggest in the creative team of TNA. We can only speculate. No one really knows for sure if Eazy E is mixing fiction with reality or if he's just become a terrible creative writer/ thinker or whatever he is in TNA. No of us are employees of TNA and no of us certainly do not have pull on the backstage news. Because if we did, we certainly wouldn't be looking up the latest info's backstage stuff and creative storylines of TNA on EWrestlingnews.com.

TNA has some crazy storylines. But to be honest, their stories are better now than they were 2 or 3 years ago. The MEM were a great stable but they're storyline was never ended properly (Blame that on Russo). I would rather have Bischoff, Hogan and Russo than just Russo having all the control. Now that there are more minds in the creative team, they have an opportunity to do some better writing. As of right now, they're TNA originals Vs. Immortal storyline seems on the right track so they should at least be given credit for that. Some people say that Fortune turning Face didn't make sense and it actually is a lot of truth to that. (They were They all along. lol.) However, TNA now is pushing the guys that really belong to the top. This is what you guys wanted right? Didn't yall want AJ Styles as a top face?

Now I'm not saying that MEM was not thought about. It was, the proof is on the first post of this thread. Actually, it was more than thought of, it was going to happen -- if it had not been for those meddling WWE agents. That is all we know. We have no clue when Bischoff and Hogan comprised this storyline. For all we know, it could have been discussed before they even signed their contracts. So its best to just stick to what you know and not what you assume.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 08:48 PM
The thing is....None of us know what Eazy E does and suggest in the creative team of TNA. We can only speculate. No one really knows for sure if Eazy E is mixing fiction with reality or if he's just become a terrible creative writer/ thinker or whatever he is in TNA. No of us are employees of TNA and no of us certainly do not have pull on the backstage news. Because if we did, we certainly wouldn't be looking up the latest info's backstage stuff and creative storylines of TNA on EWrestlingnews.com.

Whenever I read Eazy E I think of this guy even though he's no longer with us:

http://blog.limewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Eazy-E.jpg

VKM
02-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Whenever I read Eazy E I think of this guy even though he's no longer with us:

http://blog.limewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Eazy-E.jpg

Lmao. Me too. Can you imagine him coming out with immortal. All along it was EAZY E who was the true leader of Immortal! EAZY E CANT DIE!!!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-10-2011, 10:19 PM
As a fan I wanted to see the return of the Main Event Mafia like any other TNA fan but I think it's better to have Fortune who are in their career primes right now. Don't get me wrong, Booker T can still go but Nash not so much, so I think it's better to have a mix of veterans (Steiner and Angle) help the younger guys feud with the not so younger guys. Let's see how this feud can play out and I just hope that the younger guys are the ones on the mic and not have Angle stand in the front and overshadow the others. I think that since the feud started, AJ delivered his best promo yet and tonight Roode proved the same.

ShockMaster
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
It's as simple as this, the fact bischoff mentioned nash and booker in that promo with steiner the other week is a sign that vinces choice got to him. He's a natural sore loser and a very unoriginal figure in wrestling. I will say this once: Any company that has Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Scott Steiner working with young talent..is a company bound for failure. They will not win whatever war they are trying to wage on wwe, remember when they tried to go head to head on monday nights? Especially if they constantly try and reference the same bullshit era that in my opinion ruined wrestling (attitude era) because all it spawned was a low attention span fan base that only likes blood, chairshots, Sevendust, and controversial wins. All of which are constantly spammed in tna because nobody there can work a full match.

I give Vince credit for going PG only because not only is it a smart business move but hey, wwe was pg before it went edgy back in 97. Everyone carefully forgets pre attitude era when in reality that's what wwe is currently referencing with their superstars. Eric is basically playing the class clown role that wants vince to get edgy again so he can get him in trouble. What he doesn't know is that theres more of a future in wwe then TNGay. WWE has no competition as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

ShockMaster
02-11-2011, 07:26 AM

No, everyone knows they wanted MEM. Only people without common sense think Eric bischoff and Carter (or whoever the fuck is in charge over there) were gonna try something different. They wanted nash and booker, they couldn't get them, so they scrambled for a new story. Eric bischoffs tell was his bashing of booker and nash during the steiner promo. He was obviously upset about that and his volatile pouty attitude gave it all away.

Lowki
02-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Some people give bischoff way too much credit. HE was one of the major factors for WCW going under. Yes we all know ted turner wanted to get rid of wrestling on his networks, but WCW under bischoff went from pulling in 6s to barely making the mid 2s. This is not good when WWF were still getting 4 and 5s! They were burying youth for years that led to most of them jumping ship to the WWE- Jericho, benoit, guerrero, malenko. Bischoff was getting desperate pumping out nonsensical storylines that had sudden face/heel turns, way too many celebrities (i use this loosely-David arquette, Robocop??) to try and reclaim some of the mainstream spotlight WWF was getting but failed, and in the years before it died, ended up having the roster put into two huge factions fighting each other.
You see the coincidence between this and TNA at the moment? Pope is one example of sudden turns without explanation. They are getting the odd baseball and jersey shore "actress" to get some media attention but are failing. Many young talents ARE being buried in TNA (but im optimistic that this throw together angle with Fortune stops that..) Before the fortune split however, there was a risk of having TNA embroiled in what was almost a repeat of millionaires club v new blood fueds - the last major storyline before WCW died. He's even gone back to his old routine of already made Stars > developing youth. Hell, even AJ styles mentioned that bischoff killed WCW in his promo... Smart move i might add. Let everyone, who didn't already, know that one of your current owners destroyed a company in the past!

Yes bischoff and Russo beat the WWF for 80 odd weeks, but they did so before the attitude era even kicked into gear. Bischoff is not the man to change TNA and he is hardly a genius. If he was a genius, he wouldn't be pulling 1.5s with a roster that includes AJ styles and Kurt Angle!

Sorry for the off topic, but you can't defend a guy who ruined a multi million dollar company.

Back on topic, TNA talents weren't told about this last minute replacement until the day of the tapings. Even TNA mark Ryan posted it a few days ago! Nash and Booker were name dropped, with Nash being under contract just days before the Royal Rumble. It was always going to be the Main Event mafia.. we may not know what creative think behind the scenes but TNA were pretty obvious from the start.

el gabo
02-11-2011, 09:59 AM
GREAT work there my friend!! And good memory to remember that, and good dedication to find it!!

Thanks. It really pisses me off when people say stupid shit and hopelessly blind. Wouldn't usually call out someone like that but, I guess in this case someone had to.

ShockMaster
02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Some people give bischoff way too much credit. HE was one of the major factors for WCW going under. Yes we all know ted turner wanted to get rid of wrestling on his networks, but WCW under bischoff went from pulling in 6s to barely making the mid 2s. This is not good when WWF were still getting 4 and 5s! They were burying youth for years that led to most of them jumping ship to the WWE- Jericho, benoit, guerrero, malenko. Bischoff was getting desperate pumping out nonsensical storylines that had sudden face/heel turns, way too many celebrities (i use this loosely-David arquette, Robocop??) to try and reclaim some of the mainstream spotlight WWF was getting but failed, and in the years before it died, ended up having the roster put into two huge factions fighting each other.
You see the coincidence between this and TNA at the moment? Pope is one example of sudden turns without explanation. They are getting the odd baseball and jersey shore "actress" to get some media attention but are failing. Many young talents ARE being buried in TNA (but im optimistic that this throw together angle with Fortune stops that..) Before the fortune split however, there was a risk of having TNA embroiled in what was almost a repeat of millionaires club v new blood fueds - the last major storyline before WCW died. He's even gone back to his old routine of already made Stars > developing youth. Hell, even AJ styles mentioned that bischoff killed WCW in his promo... Smart move i might add. Let everyone, who didn't already, know that one of your current owners destroyed a company in the past!

Yes bischoff and Russo beat the WWF for 80 odd weeks, but they did so before the attitude era even kicked into gear. Bischoff is not the man to change TNA and he is hardly a genius. If he was a genius, he wouldn't be pulling 1.5s with a roster that includes AJ styles and Kurt Angle!

Sorry for the off topic, but you can't defend a guy who ruined a multi million dollar company.

Back on topic, TNA talents weren't told about this last minute replacement until the day of the tapings. Even TNA mark Ryan posted it a few days ago! Nash and Booker were name dropped, with Nash being under contract just days before the Royal Rumble. It was always going to be the Main Event mafia.. we may not know what creative think behind the scenes but TNA were pretty obvious from the start.

Exactly, tna is a foolish company that mirrors an era that shouldn't exist. Attitude era happened because people were at risk of losing their jobs and they all needed ratings. Why would vince become edgy in response when he's got all the money and talent he needs?? Tna is the 40 year old alcoholic at the high school reunion that is trying to relive its glory days and bullshit with the now esteemed lawyer that is the wwe.

el gabo
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM

This was actually a Russo swerve that even my grandma could call.

I can't believe there are still people in denial. Must be barnyarders.

el gabo
02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Exactly, tna is a foolish company that mirrors an era that shouldn't exist. Attitude era happened because people were at risk of losing their jobs and they all needed ratings. Why would vince become edgy in response when he's got all the money and talent he needs?? Tna is the 40 year old alcoholic at the high school reunion that is trying to relive its glory days and bullshit with the now esteemed lawyer that is the wwe.

Great analysis my friend. You should write more often!!!

ShockMaster
02-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Great analysis my friend. You should write more often!!!

Just joined a week ago lol I plan on posting more often!

Lowki
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Yup gabo, barnyarders indeed. What annoyed me though now you bring those idiots up... This week Robert Roode actually gets some mic time and gives a pretty decent promo. My problem? The morons in the background shouting "Fortune" throughout!