PDA

View Full Version : Official WWE 'Like' Thread

Androo
02-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Theres alot of hate floating around these here parts. Yeah I dont like some things, most of the times what can you do? smeh.
So anything you might like in/or about WWE?? May be a short, thin thread from what ive seen elsewhere, but hey thought Id give it a bash.
Heres some puppies http://www.cuteheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/cute-puppies.jpg

TheMadThinker
02-10-2011, 02:04 AM
1. Alberto Del Rio: I want to se him win the world title at Wrestlemania.

2. I like the youth movement. I am interested to see who will be on top a year from now.

3. The announce teams are so messed up right now things have to get better. That being said, I like what they are doing with Michael Cole. He just needs someone to balance his over the top style.

4. I like that WWE appears to be making a valid attempt to turn Daniel Bryan into a legitimate star.

5. I like that CM Punk is finally getting recognized as a top heel.

6. I like that neither Cena nor Orton are champions right now.

7. I like Maryse even though she could not wrestle her way out of a wet paper bag.

8. I like that the women’s division actually has women who can wrestle now (Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Kong).

9. I like that Smackdown is just as good as RAW these days.

10. I like that Kevin Nash is associated with WWE again.

mr.dpac
02-10-2011, 02:16 AM
errmm, I love wrestling...

does that count?

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 04:44 AM
Heres some of the things going on right now that I like:

1) Dolph Ziggler in the main event, getting world title shots: Its about time! This man has proved that he can hang with the best in the WWE, and put on great matches, and I'm glad that hes getting world title matches.

2) The women's division has improved, and with the exception of having Eve as Divas champion, the WWE are letting their best divas have more matches on tv- Beth, and Natalya.

3) Booker T replaced Striker on commentary.

4) Triple H still hasn't retured: Because hes "keen to learn more about creative", Trips is busy and won't come back until needed. This has given many younger superstars a chance to put themselves out there, instead of getting buried by Triple H.

5) John Cena is not WWE champion: Its nice to see that Cena hasn't won/held the WWE title in over 7 months. Many different champions have been crowned because of this, and given us some variety in the WWE title scene.

6) CM Punk is being used well: Lets face it, Punk was fed to the Big Show during his SES days. Now he leads perhaps the strongest stable in the WWE right now, and wrestles again. Hes one, if not the top heel in WWE right now, and I'm glad that hes off the shelf and in the ring.

7) WWE signing more indy stars: Mistico and Tyler Black come to mind. To me, independent workers put on the best matches around, and for the WWE to sign them shows that they aren't only dependent on mic skills, but also wrestling ability.

8) Gail Kim is getting some matches: She hasn't been on tv much, and to get airtime, as well as competing in matches is something that we haven't seen from her in a long time.

9) Ted Dibiase: I know hes jobbing alot nowadays, but I see the WWE planning a major push for him.

10) Cody Rhodes getting a 1 on 1 match at WM: Its obvious that Cody will have a bout with Rey at the grandest stage of them all, and I'm happy about it. Cody seems like a midcarder to me, but having a feud with a..transitional main eventer like Rey can catapult him into the main event scene.

11) The 2.21.11 hype: Its one of the most interesting things in WWE that we have seen in a long time.

12) WWE building new stars: The Nexus, and Corre are proof of this. Sure they aren't very entertaining to watch, but they build credibility, and will look like credible challengers to titles if they keep up what they are doing now.

errmm, I love wrestling...

does that count?

Of course that counts! Thats why we are all here

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 04:50 AM
The current youth initiative is great. With all the new stars coming in all the time, it's going to be interesting to see who the next Rey Mysterio, or Edge, or Big Show, or Undertaker will be.

It's a real change to see neither Orton or Cena as champs. Miz has so far been a great chaamp for me, and I'm thrilled to see ADR getting a shot at Mania. The guy has been a real breath of fresh air!.... But you already know that.... ;)

Daniel Bryan is getting decent treatment from WWE. Stars that can actually wrestle and the fans like don't usually get the push they deserve, but Bryan at the moment is doing great.

I'm liking that John Morrison is hanging with the big guns in the main event these days. His talent alone warrants him a place in the main event (although he needs work on his mic skills). I do think he needs to take out some of the corkscrews from his moveset. it seems that he's trying too hard sometimes, and he becomes sloppy.

The womens division seems in better shape now than it has been in a while, with a group of divas that can actually wrestle. Beth Phoenix, Natalya, McCool, Layla, Eve and of course Kong to debut.

I love Kaitlyn, and I hope that she learns how to wrestle sooner rather than later so that I can watch her every week on tv.

It's awesome to see Booker T back on weekly tv. Hope they use him as a wrestler as-well as an announcer. Hope they also find some sort of on-screen role for Kevin Nash too.

SaberToothTigerz
02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
the youth movement, the use of cm punk , daniel bryan john morrison kofi kingston and among others has been sucessfull i already like all of those guys
and i love when something goes wrong like a botch loool
i love wwe for its entertainment even if its pg.

alexrules01
02-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I like how WWE seems more 'real' than TNA... ecspecially some of the inside jokes.
It seems like Vince has given a lot of the talent more freedom to express themselves, ecspecially on NXT, it seems like theres no order at all

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 09:03 AM
-I like the fact they have continuity. Sure, when you see a former heel team up with a face he feuded with, you get a little iffy. But at least they mention it.

-I, honestly, like the Brand Split. This opens up multiple opportunities for new people to be pushed and less people being off the card.

-I love the Youth Movement. We get to see new blood in wrestling that brings something new to the table.

-I, again honestly, like WWE NXT. Sure, the Immunity Challenges are annoying but to see fresh faces as well as some of my favorite wrestlers given more time is a blessing. Heck, they brought back the Airplane spin talents of Daniel Bryan.

-I like Striker. Sure he makes mistakes, but he is pretty entertaining.

-I like the push away from the Attitude era style wrestling and being able to watch it with a family.

Bodom
02-10-2011, 10:18 AM
*confused* So....much...positivity....

Stinger187
02-10-2011, 10:22 AM

bawhaha Flawless!

1./I like they are reaching out to talents other than FCW and getting guys like Bryan Danielson(Daniel Bryan), ADR, and all the other Mex wrestlers they are bringing in!
2./Plus push new talent, even though I don't like all of them(The Miz), but hey at least HHH isn't plowing over all of them!

Flyyisha
02-10-2011, 10:38 AM
That JTG has a job

ummm errrrrrrrrrrrrr

Anyrysm
02-10-2011, 11:53 AM
One word: COBRA!!!!

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 12:00 PM
One word: COBRA!!!!

2 words: Bryan Danielson

Rassling_Fan
02-10-2011, 12:06 PM
2 words: Bryan Danielson

2 letters and a word: C M Punk!

6maximum6carnage6
02-10-2011, 12:23 PM
i like Edge as a face. he was starting to bore me as a heel
i like CM Punk
i like that new talent is starting to be pushed properly
i like that cena is not champion
i like that orton is not champion
i like jomo
i like the heat Vicky G gets with her excuse me gimmick
i like that Jack Swagger has been world Champion
i like wwe hiring Indy guys
i like ADR getting pushed

thats all i got right now

TakerMania
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Holy.....
I've NEVER seen much of a positivity in a Wrestling Thread in The World EVER

Lowki
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
The amount of British wrestlers; the best of which is Layla for two obvious reasons.

6maximum6carnage6
02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Holy.....
I've NEVER seen much of a positivity in a Wrestling Thread in The World EVER

i know, it feels nice haha

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 02:22 PM
i know, it feels nice haha

Positivity is the answer to a good life! I once was filled with negativity inside and around me but I digress.

Automatic
02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Too much too answer...

tdp
02-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow this thread is depressing me. I had such an easy time with the hate thread, and I held back so much. I'm one of the people who thinks the current product stinks. I've sat here for 5 minutes and the only likes I could think of were individual wrestlers. Number one thing I like is the dvd's with matches from a few years ago and beyond. I like the thought that someday wwe will be quality again.

imeralde
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
When wade barrett wins world heavyweight championship

Trips88
02-10-2011, 07:57 PM

LMAO too funny.

I like alot of things about the WWE. Most notably the youth movment. What a REALLY like is that I don't like Cole, becasue he is the worst ever and is unable to call matches correctly to save his life. I like that about myself!
*oops I turned it negitive*

RomanFlare
02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Here's a list (ordered as I think of them):

1) I love Bryan Danielson, I really do. Maybe he's that damn good, maybe how he's working in the 'E reminds me of Chris Benoit and some of that love has carried over to him, or maybe his nerd gimmick gives me hope (lol), but I love the guy. I'm so happy he's on regular tv now.

2) I love how only two egos seem to be inflated in the on-air talent now adays: Edge and Orton. As much as people hate Cena, that man is way too nice.

3) Women. Their matches are great now-a-days. Their TLC match was classic.

4) Shawn's retirement. Its a true retirement. Take THAT Hogan and Flair.

5) Dolph Ziggler. That man is gonna be money soon.

6) Alberto Del Rio. Floats like Kurt Angle (Yeah, I said it), stings like JBL.

Finally..
02-10-2011, 08:51 PM
7. I like maryse even though she could not wrestle her way out of a wet paper bag.

i hear ya bro =d

THEKEVINBRAND
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
bawhaha Flawless!

1./I like they are reaching out to talents other than FCW and getting guys like Bryan Danielson(Daniel Bryan), ADR, and all the other Mex wrestlers they are bringing in!
2./Plus push new talent, even though I don't like all of them(The Miz), but hey at least HHH isn't plowing over all of them!

that's true but most of them have to go through FCW to learn the WWE way of wrestling.

Bodom
02-10-2011, 11:15 PM
For me it's pretty much anything that involves Miz, CM Punk, and Daniel Bryan.

Androo
02-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Look at this. Look at this! Seeeeeee. Give peace a chance brothers! I like the spectacle of WWE, that big show factor that you get, especially at wrestlemania! The fact that there is a WWE still going strong as the biggest, means tht wrestling is still slightly in the entertainment culture and therefore in publics eye. That there is still an interest in it which, i think, transcends from people knowing about "the big one", to the smaller promotions. Keeping wrestling, in general, in some peoples imaginations!

I also like the daniel bryans, cm punks, etc getting there! I like them aswell, what they can do! I like that booker t's returned, albeit in an uncertain path at the mo, but i like that hes back. I like a heel commentator again, whether you like him or you dont. I like that theyre trying to build up new guys, i like ziggler, barrett, corre, and the potential of building more in dibiase, kidd, reks, masters etc. I like new things.

Theres more things i like, but alas i must depart.
Farewell.