PDA

View Full Version : The Elimination Chamber

Nitro_99
02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Now Im not going to do a prediction but I am going to talk about the value of the elimination chamber. So who cares if you win? There are for titles and that is something to brag about but who ever brags about winning it? They just say "I won the title!!!" instead of "I won the elimination chamber!" It isn't really anymore an amazing thing to win! They could push people in these chambers but they dont. Bobby Lashley was, I think, the only one who won the elimination chamber who had not held a heavyweight title. If people win the chamber, they should feel proud they outlasted five other men in the Chamber. Also, pg doesn't really work for chambers. I remember when Triple was speared through the glass, where they had blood pouring out. Dont tell me that making there face go all over the cage doesnt open them up one bit. SO, how I think they should do the chambers is that bring blood back (I know, PG, but im hoping) and even without blood, make the matches more interesting. Cena and Triple H have won 8000000000000000000 chambers and its okay if they win but not after a long while. Triple H won two in a row......and also alot more. So, if you ask me, chambers set up wrestlemania. So, bring some long talent, dont make it between a star and a star in the end, make it a star and a normal guy. Smackdown should be like Edge and Barrett in the final, and raw like Cena vs Morrison. I would love for new guys to shoot up but .......Cena...equals.....Wrestlemania to people....Tell me, when is the last time he is either not fighting for a title or defending it..it has been long. So, I might have not made sense but give me your thoughts and raise your class to a morrison victory....some day. But until then, Elimination Chamber will just be a unknown thought for cena to get to wrestlemania.

VKM
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Your right about everything you said. Elimination Chamber use to be a great concept. But I guess thats what happens when you take someone else's idea (Eric Bischoff came up with the Elimination Chamber concept). It would be nice if TNA could use that concept because they would do it justice, espically at the Lockdown PPV. However, the people who dislike TNA would argue that TNA is just copying off their idea, even though Eric Bischoff, who is with TNA, made up the concept up when he was with WWE. WWE should just discard all of its hardcore matches because the no-blood policy stops the wrestlers from doing more hardcore things in hardcore-type stipulation matches.

John Cena is always going to be the champion. Cena loves it now, but when he gets 50 years old, Vince is still going to use Cena up. Vince better realize quick that his poster child's fame is running out. Cena has been the poster child for WWE since 2006 or 2007, and you would think that that isn't a long time, but it is when you consider how much Vince has rammed John Cena down our throat. I feel like how a baby feels when they don't want to eat vegetables.

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Your right about everything you said. Elimination Chamber use to be a great concept. But I guess thats what happens when you take someone else's idea (Eric Bischoff came up with the Elimination Chamber concept). It would be nice if TNA could use that concept because they would do it justice, espically at the Lockdown PPV. However, the people who dislike TNA would argue that TNA is just copying off their idea, even though Eric Bischoff, who is with TNA, made up the concept up when he was with WWE. WWE should just discard all of its hardcore matches because the no-blood policy stops the wrestlers from doing more hardcore things in hardcore-type stipulation matches.

You do know that's scripted. Bishoff didn't come up with it outside the continuity of the WWE. It was designed by the creative team. And afterall, it was based off War Games: a creation of Dusty Rhodes.

VKM
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
You do know that's scripted. Bishoff didn't come up with it outside the continuity of the WWE. It was designed by the creative team. And afterall, it was based off War Games: a creation of Dusty Rhodes.

You could be right about that. However, you can't dispute the fact that Elimination Chamber would be better off with TNA

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 09:55 PM
You could be right about that. However, you can't dispute the fact that Elimination Chamber would be better off with TNA

I could. They already have multiple Gimmick matches, adding one more isn't going to improve them any better. Ultimate X, Elevation X, Lockdown, King of the Mountain, their Reverse Battle Royal, their variation of a casket match....

Less Gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. That is what TNA should do.

PureMetalftw!
02-10-2011, 05:28 AM
wwe fcked themselves over, its so fckin predictable now
at the chamber, miz is gonna retain because of cole
the only possible choices for the raw elimination chamber will be orton (as much as i love orton, i do not wanna c another match), orrison which i sooooooooooo hope happens and there is a morrison vs miz match or super cena, which will be the worst thing but obviously he will be going for the title and after how the rumble ended with miz throwing out cena its 99% gonna happen
and for the smackdown chamber it will be rey or edge cause del rio wont face another heel, edge will probs retain but i also have a feeling rey will win setting up one last match between rey and del rio and del rio will win too put him over.
the main events seem to predictible
lets hope theres some kind of swerve >.>

captainmoonlight
02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Rtruth will probably get replaced for this one.

To be fair this year does some like a no brainer but previous Ec's have been good, just the earlier ones were better.

I think they need to make ppv's 14r or whatever u call it over there.

VKM
02-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I could. They already have multiple Gimmick matches, adding one more isn't going to improve them any better. Ultimate X, Elevation X, Lockdown, King of the Mountain, their Reverse Battle Royal, their variation of a casket match....

Less Gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. That is what TNA should do.

Actually they are doing that, kinda sort of. They don't even do the reverse battle royal, or elevation X anymore. The only gimmicks they really have now our the Ultimate X, King of The Moutain and Lockdown. Those three are great! And having Elimination Chamber would be good for their Lockdown PPV.

The Brown One
02-10-2011, 06:21 PM

I don't think it would. TNA was famous for its 6 sided ring, and when you put a cage on that, its even better! Lockdown is usually their best PPV, and doesn't fail to disappoint, so I would leave it how it is, even if it has a 4-sided ring now.

Now Im not going to do a prediction but I am going to talk about the value of the elimination chamber. So who cares if you win? There are for titles and that is something to brag about but who ever brags about winning it? They just say "I won the title!!!" instead of "I won the elimination chamber!" It isn't really anymore an amazing thing to win! They could push people in these chambers but they dont. Bobby Lashley was, I think, the only one who won the elimination chamber who had not held a heavyweight title. If people win the chamber, they should feel proud they outlasted five other men in the Chamber. Also, pg doesn't really work for chambers. I remember when Triple was speared through the glass, where they had blood pouring out. Dont tell me that making there face go all over the cage doesnt open them up one bit. SO, how I think they should do the chambers is that bring blood back (I know, PG, but im hoping) and even without blood, make the matches more interesting. Cena and Triple H have won 8000000000000000000 chambers and its okay if they win but not after a long while. Triple H won two in a row......and also alot more. So, if you ask me, chambers set up wrestlemania. So, bring some long talent, dont make it between a star and a star in the end, make it a star and a normal guy. Smackdown should be like Edge and Barrett in the final, and raw like Cena vs Morrison. I would love for new guys to shoot up but .......Cena...equals.....Wrestlemania to people....Tell me, when is the last time he is either not fighting for a title or defending it..it has been long. So, I might have not made sense but give me your thoughts and raise your class to a morrison victory....some day. But until then, Elimination Chamber will just be a unknown thought for cena to get to wrestlemania.

Your right about the Elimination Chamber match. Its no longer "The Devil's playground", or "Satan's structure"..but its a bigger version of the steel cage match. I'd rather do away with the concept of this match altogether. But WWE does get buys out of this, from kids thinking that this is a very dangerous match.