PDA

View Full Version : What If Lawler Wins?

Robstar
02-09-2011, 08:25 PM
I have been toying with the idea of what if Jerry Lawler actually won the WWE title at Elimination Chamber and it's bought some interesting scenarios to mind. Granted, it's a long shot since having King as WWE champ at Wrestlemania is just ludicrous, business wise. But, what if?

A couple of things could happen -
1) He drops it at the next Raw, to Miz or whoever they want in their Wrestlemania main event
2) Lawler, content with finally winning 'the big one', immediately vacates the title

Consider option 2 for a minute and think what the possiblity of a vacant title before Wrestlemania might mean. Well, for one, they could have a tournament like at Wrestlemania 4, except good this time. ;) Or they could make the MITB match at WM be for the WWE title - at least it'd be more interesting than Cena/Miz.

At least then they could use it conveniently, as an excuse to get all the top rated guys into the main event - The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, ???? (no I don't mean Sting):rolleyes:

thedominator92
02-09-2011, 08:27 PM
i can see him winning the title and dropping it the next night on raw. the miz vs cena is going to be shoved down our throats regardless though

RomanFlare
02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Lawler wins?

I have to put up with a crazy Cena-Orton-Lawler-Mysterio-etc fanette until he drops it to a heel.

captainmoonlight
02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Don't think they'd do it this time of year but wouldn't mind a vacant title with a tournament . But knowing wwe it would be a 4 man tourney rather than 16 and spanned over a couple of weeks leading up to a final at a ppv.

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
iwc thinks too much
we know he wont win

AndyWonder
02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
If he won it would make no sense.

Robstar
02-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry? When did things even begin to make sense in WWE???

Rich Cranium
02-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I think Miz will retain at EC via interference from Cole thus setting up his match with Jerry at WM27.

WWTNA Mark
02-09-2011, 08:42 PM
If he won at EC then that will make The Miz look weak losing to a commentator/wrestler on occasions.

thetheme
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Then I will start watching wwe again. However this was just a way to give miz the easy path to mania so I don't see it happening. He should have defended it in the chamber.

Robstar
02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
If he won at EC then that will make The Miz look weak losing to a commentator/wrestler on occasions.

And it would still be better than David Arquette winning the WCW title

Rich Cranium
02-09-2011, 08:48 PM
And it would still be better than David Arquette winning the WCW title

Unfortunately, I don't think we will EVER be allowed to forget that!

Mr. McMahon
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM

make miz look weak? lol miz already is weak, he is a joke of a champion. He is nothing but a Rock wannabe. He sucked as face, he sucks as heel, he sucks on mic (yes he does, you all haven't heard a good promo in so long that you actually believe this to be good since you have forgotten what a great promo sounds like) and his finisher sucks, not to mention the guy has no charm or charisma which is good enough to be WWE Champion. He can't even hold the jockstrap of The Rock (1998 pre major push) and is already a champion?

I'd rather have King be champion over Miz. King is gold on mic, maybe not lately cause he is face or cause of pg, but when he was heel he was great. Pretty sure king could cut an amazing promo if not for stupid pg restrictions, and can still wrestle

Robstar
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
make miz look weak? lol miz already is weak, he is a joke of a champion. He is nothing but a Rock wannabe. He sucked as face, he sucks as heel, he sucks on mic (yes he does, you all haven't heard a good promo in so long that you actually believe this to be good since you have forgotten what a great promo sounds like) and his finisher sucks, not to mention the guy has no charm or charisma which is good enough to be WWE Champion. He can't even hold the jockstrap of The Rock (1998 pre major push) and is already a champion?

I'd rather have King be champion over Miz. King is gold on mic, maybe not lately cause he is face or cause of pg, but when he was heel he was great. Pretty sure king could cut an amazing promo if not for stupid pg restrictions, and can still wrestle

No I believe that is Mr. Anderson you're thinking of - he's the cheap Rock knockoff

Rich Cranium
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
No I believe that is Mr. Anderson you're thinking of - he's the cheap Rock knockoff

I never connected those dots but you have a point!

thetheme
02-09-2011, 09:45 PM

I agree with this 100%. It's funny how many people are so turned on by the miz being champion when he can't wrestle a good match. Not to mention that he wouldn't be able to beat any past WWE/WWF champion. He has no credibility and no business being champion.

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I agree with this 100%. It's funny how many people are so turned on by the miz being champion when he can't wrestle a good match.

Have you guys forgotten his matches against Morrison and Danielson?

As for the possibility, I seriously doubt it. This whole thing is leading to King Vs Cole at Wrestlemania in some way. Remember, he's on his Road to Wrestlemania. If he were to drop the title after winning it, it would make no sense since it means he's going to be in Wrestlemania.

Stinger187
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I never connected those dots but you have a point!

I see Mr.Anderson as a Rock/Austion hybrid!

Robstar
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I see Mr.Anderson as a Rock/Austion hybrid!

Yeah, but minus minus minus on Anderson. He thinks profanity makes him seem 'cool'.

thetheme
02-09-2011, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=Rassling_Fan;69688]Have you guys forgotten his matches against Morrison and Danielson?

Morrison and Danielson carried those matches. As a world champion miz doesn't have that quality. Do you acually beileve that miz could go toe to toe against past champions? Or better yet go toe to toe, one on one, WITHOUT having someone else do all the work for him, against the main eventers now? A heel can cheat, but a heel needs to also hold his own to a point and look believable. The fact that miz can't do it as WORLD CHAMPION is a slap in the face to past champions, or to others that are more skilled than him to never have the title.

BevinBoyz
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
"IF" Lawler Won. The Miz will Invoke his rematch clause thw following night. Cole will cost Lawler the match, The ANON GM will beep in and say he's tired of Cole interfering and set a match between Lawler & Cole at WN.. so King will finally have a WWE Championship under his belt Plus a WM Moment.

Robstar
02-09-2011, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE=Rassling_Fan;69688]Have you guys forgotten his matches against Morrison and Danielson?

Morrison and Danielson carried those matches. As a world champion miz doesn't have that quality. Do you acually beileve that miz could go toe to toe against past champions? Or better yet go toe to toe, one on one, WITHOUT having someone else do all the work for him, against the main eventers now? A heel can cheat, but a heel needs to also hold his own to a point and look believable. The fact that miz can't do it as WORLD CHAMPION is a slap in the face to past champions, or to others that are more skilled than him to never have the title.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/2/129069483448780349.jpg

You're talking about a scripted tv show. I'm quite sure Miz could go toe to toe (do scripted gymnastics) with Hulk Hogan, Yokozuna, Sid Vicious, Kevin Nash and other not so talented WWE champs of the past.

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 10:12 PM

Depends on who it is. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIbg-osc4U&feature=related) He has the talent to be a great superstar. WWE just needs to give him a match to prove it. And a victory over John Cena at Wrestlemania will cement that.

thetheme
02-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Even though it's scripted it still has to be believeable. What it Nicholas Cage or Tom Hanks would have played Superman in the newest Superman movie? No matter how good they could act, it wouldn't look believeable. Those guys you named would tear the miz apart by the way. Miz wouldn't even get past guys like Mr. Perfect and Owen Hart. Barry Horoiwitz is more of the miz speed as far as wrestling, even scripted.

Lamar8902
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
If Lawler wins what I see happening is a Wrestlemania match with who else the winner of da chamber match...............King Sheamus yes u will see a King vs.King for the right to be the official King of WWE then Sheamus wins and then here comes HHH the King of Kings to take back his throne

thetheme
02-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Depends on who it is. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIbg-osc4U&feature=related) He has the talent to be a great superstar. WWE just needs to give him a match to prove it. And a victory over John Cena at Wrestlemania will cement that.

The point is that he should have worked on his WRESTLING skill while he was a midcarder. That was the time to prove it to everyone how much of a force you are. I like how they delayed Zigglers' IC title run for A YEAR so he could PROVE he had the wrestling skill to hang with the main eventers.

GoldSpirit
02-09-2011, 10:34 PM
I am not a MIZ mark by ANY stretch of ones imagination but for Christ's sake you guys sound dumb.

The guy CAn wrestle and the guy DOES cut one hell of a promo. period.

To act like he CAN'T is diingenuous at best. There is a reason he is champ and it's because he is a great heel and can work in the ring.
When you bring up "past Champions" it really weakens your case rather than bolster it. There have been great Champions in the past, no doubt... and man y of them, the heels that is, used "nefarious" means to aquire and "defend" their titles. The miz is doing nothing different and I think he is doind one hell of a job. He's also been able to do something very FEW wrestlers ever achieve and that is "crossing over". The WWE is desperate to increase it's mass appeal... The wrestling fanbase is not that big (The IWC is much smaller still.) and to have a Champion that appeals to people outside of the umbrella of "wrestling fan" is worth a whole hell of alot to the company. They LOVE Miz as Champion.
Please remove your heads from your asses and try to learn something about not only the WRESTLING business but BUSINESS as a whole. This guy is money in every sense of the word. Stop looking at the past through rose colored glasses and saying "It was so much better back in the day". You sound ignorant.

Now, as far as Lawler winning... I WISH. You never know... stranger things have happened (see below).

Rassling_Fan
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
The point is that he should have worked on his WRESTLING skill while he was a midcarder. That was the time to prove it to everyone how much of a force you are. I like how they delayed Zigglers' IC title run for A YEAR so he could PROVE he had the wrestling skill to hang with the main eventers.

He has. It's just that after winning the title people think he is a weak champion thanks to Riley. He did wrestle John Cena and the Undertaker and hanged with them. He just needs to show that now that he is champion. He's been in the WWE for six years and he has come a LONG way.

The Brown One
02-09-2011, 11:35 PM
First of all, The Miz has SOME wrestling ability in him. Hes got a few signature moves, and a finisher(albeit a weak looking one, but nonetheless). Morrison and Danielson could carry matches with him, yes, but he can wrestle.

On topic: I wouldn't be annoyed if Lawler won the WWE title, even if he kept it for only 24 hours. It wouldn't lower the prestige of it IMO, because it will be have been held by someone who's "old school", a HOF'er, a legend, and someone whos dream its been to finally win the WWE title, who finally got a crack at it. I'd rather have Lawler hand over the WWE title, than have Cole screw him over in a match to give Miz the win. It wouldn't be right for Lawler to lose the title that way, regardless or not if it sets up a match with Cole at WM.

masakaritko
02-10-2011, 02:26 AM
This discussion sounds like years ago when Cena won the WWE title for the first time. The Miz has equal wrestling ability to quite a few champs of the past, but at the same time I do agree that he probably should have never gotten a push over some other guys in the company like Morrison. The only reason Miz is champ is so all the Cena haters can become Miz haters instead and Cena can get a pop more like stone cold or the rock did. See the truth about Cena is that he actually can wrestle, but they wan't to portray him as someone who is more like a "superman" in the ring than a technically sound wrestler, kinda reminiscent of Hulk Hogan. I saw more wrestling out of Hogan when he was in WCW than in his WWF/WWE days. The reason is because Vince didn't want him to do suplexes and various holds. Bodyslams, headlocks, big boots, and leg drops were plenty enough to satisfy the fans of the 80's/90's. Unfortunately, Vince doesn't realize that the fans of today want to see skilled wrestling over the same moves over and over. Thats why Cena appears to not be a good wrestler. Miz's character is supposed to be that of the "beatable champion" that anyone can beat at any time, and the only reason he is champ is because of MITB and lots of cheating. This is how it's supposed to be in Vince's eyes. It makes you hate him. And due to everyone's opinions on the Miz, he really is a good heel because all of you hate him. You think he sucks. You think he can't wrestle. Some of you even want him to die.(just had to throw that in) So if you look at it in that respect, he's doing his job well. They don't want heels that people cheer for. This is all part of Vince's vision, as strung as it may seem at times. And as far as Lawler getting the title at EC, I can see him winning then losing the next night on Raw leading to Cena vs. Miz and Lawler vs. Cole at WM, with Cena of course winning the Raw Elimination Chamber match to become the #1 contender to Miz's title. With this kind of card though, they better get Taker a good opponent(not Barrett) I'd rather see Big Zeke vs. Taker than Barrett vs. Taker. And its sad because I actually like Barrett and do believe he has a bright future, just not a Taker match at WM so soon in his career.

Tommy Thunder
02-10-2011, 04:20 AM
It's not very likely that he'll win, but if he did, then I would want him to drop it back to Miz the next night on RAW. Miz will ask for a re-match, and he would have made a plan with Cole to interfere during the match and make Lawler loose (like that title ladder match on RAW a while back). This would then set up Lawler vs Cole at Mania.

mrbluto
02-10-2011, 02:38 PM
It would be almost as bad as David Arquitt winning the WCW belt.

Rich Cranium
02-10-2011, 02:40 PM
It would be almost as bad as David Arquitt winning the WCW belt.

I disagree, Arquette was a fluke! Jerry is an actual wrestler.

Bodom
02-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I disagree, Arquette was a fluke! Jerry is an actual wrestler.

This.

It would still be bad, but comparing Lawler to Arquette is ridiculous.

CobraNightviper
02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Lawler should not be wrestling anymore who does he think he is Ric Flair(and I wish Flair would of stayed retired after Micheals put him out)but to hold the wwe title god I hope not.

WWTNA Mark
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM

You act like Miz is Goldberg or something.

Robstar
02-11-2011, 12:04 AM
You act like Miz is Goldberg or something.

Huh? Not sure I understand this. Goldberg on his best day, couldn't hold a candle to Miz in ability or charisma. Just saying. ;)

Stinger187
02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Huh? Not sure I understand this. Goldberg on his best day, couldn't hold a candle to Miz in ability or charisma. Just saying. ;)

As a character no way Goldberg is better! Skills maybe, the miz is a coward!

WWTNA Mark
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM

Nah, I mean that people criticizes Miz's wrestling skills but he isn't that bad of a wrestler. Sure, he isn't a techniacal wrestler but he is pretty descent in the ring. At least he is better then Goldberg!

THEKEVINBRAND
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
See it's people like Morrison who needs Lawler's spot right now! King's 20 years past his prime! It may be true that overall, Lawler has held more championships than any other current WWE employee (I don't disrespect him for that), though he has never won any WWE championships since joining the company. Should Lawler win the WWE Championship at WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 it would make him the oldest wrestler to ever hold the WWE Championship, an accomplishment which is currently held by Vince McMahon, who won the title from Triple H in 1999 on the 16th September edition of Smackdown, McMahon was aged 54 at this point.

thejman93
02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
See it's people like Morrison who needs Lawler's spot right now! King's 20 years past his prime! It may be true that overall, Lawler has held more championships than any other current WWE employee (I don't disrespect him for that), though he has never won any WWE championships since joining the company. Should Lawler win the WWE Championship at WWE Elimination Chamber 2011 it would make him the oldest wrestler to ever hold the WWE Championship, an accomplishment which is currently held by Vince McMahon, who won the title from Triple H in 1999 on the 16th September edition of Smackdown, McMahon was aged 54 at this point.

What's wrong with having a guy who has busted his ass for his company year in and year out get 24 hours of glory?

The Brown One
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
What's wrong with having a guy who has busted his ass for his company year in and year out get 24 hours of glory?

Nothing. In fact, I think it would add some class back to the title, because it would have been held by yet another HOF'er, instead of being passed around with the usual vets.

Stinger187
02-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Nothing. In fact, I think it would add some class back to the title, because it would have been held by yet another HOF'er, instead of being passed around with the usual vets.

You said hof'er I read it as hulkster! XD I was like WTF!

LMPunker
02-19-2011, 07:32 PM
if jerry lawler does and thats a mighty big if who should he face i think punk could carry him to a passable match,im not in favor of jerry lawler winning and being wwe champion it would be nice but stupid if he main evented wrestlemania as the champion but as the saying goes anything can happen the wwe

brad9993
02-19-2011, 07:39 PM
it would be terrible...

PandaMassacre
02-19-2011, 07:42 PM
If he wins the belt from The Miz then he would probably hold on to it until' the next PPV.

The New Guy
02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Well the IWC will explode in millions and millions of threads about how stupid is wwe
:)

WWTNA Mark
02-19-2011, 07:47 PM
it would be terrible...

Not really all that terrible. Jerry Lawler can actually bring some class and prestige back into the title, making it more meaningful. It could hurt Miz's credibility for sure but i'm pretty sure that Miz can regain his credibility back if it were to happen.

CobraNightviper
02-19-2011, 08:05 PM
he probably would loose it before or by the next ppv.

SaberToothTigerz
02-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Well the IWC will explode in millions and millions of threads about how stupid is wwe
:)

yea that would happens
im glad the iwc didnt existed as strongly as it does now when russo became wcw world television champ

brad9993
02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Not really all that terrible. Jerry Lawler can actually bring some class and prestige back into the title, making it more meaningful. It could hurt Miz's credibility for sure but i'm pretty sure that Miz can regain his credibility back if it were to happen.

If it wasnt so close to Mania then sure let him win it i suppose even though i wouldnt be a fan but so close to mania we dont need King to win. Id rather watch Miz vs somebody in there prime wrestler at Mania then Jerry...

Jayoholic
02-19-2011, 08:08 PM
He'll lose it the next night...which isn't a bad thing since he's not a full-time wrestler. It's something of a Pre-Wrestlemania treat to send the EC crowd home happy and a great way to build up "Lawler's dream come true" throughout the whole 2 hours of Raw until the final 5 minutes where he loses it back to the Miz (with outside help). I can see Cena helping Lawler win the night before.

Rich Cranium
02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
He'll lose it the next night...which isn't a bad thing since he's not a full-time wrestler. It's something of a Pre-Wrestlemania treat to send the EC crowd home happy and a great way to build up "Lawler's dream come true" throughout the whole 2 hours of Raw until the final 5 minutes where he loses it back to the Miz (with outside help). I can see Cena helping Lawler win the night before.

I like this^^^^^^

FaceOfSpades
02-19-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't like the idea of wwe using a main event just to give us lawler vs cole (if it does happen that way). Lawler winning would be great and really kind of likely but there's always the 70-80% chance miz will win and the 95% of outside interference. if lawler was to win he would likely drop it to miz the next night or week. Anyway, go lawler!

Lance Storm
02-19-2011, 11:38 PM
If Russo was still there, it would happen. Thank god he isn't. This would be one of the dumbest decisions, especially heading into WM

Snair
02-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Whats the point in Lawler winning?It will be Cena vs Miz at WM

jax15
02-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Maybe just maybe, Lawler somehow does pull off the win at EC. Monday night while The King is celebrating, GM interupts and informs King that he is being stripped of the title and it is being returned to the Miz. Cole then reveals that he is the GM and since Raw is "his show" he can do whatever he wants. Stephanie comes back and says she is back in charge and sets up King vs. Cole at WM. Very vague but i can sorta see something along those lines.

billythekidd_527
02-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I'd like to see Lawler win at EC then vacate it the next night therefore setting up a 8-16 man tournament leading up to Wrestlemania

ToWhomItConcerns.
02-20-2011, 01:13 AM
as a few others have said i would like to see Lawler win the title...wouldn't like a long reign (honestly 24 hours would be enough for me)

the tourney for the title at WM would be nice...like how they did in (if i remember correctly) 1988 when Macho Man won.

Robstar
02-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I started a thread exactly like this, like last week! This thread is going there :D

StonedCold
02-20-2011, 02:20 AM
I have been toying with the idea of what if Jerry Lawler actually won the WWE title at Elimination Chamber and it's bought some interesting scenarios to mind. Granted, it's a long shot since having King as WWE champ at Wrestlemania is just ludicrous, business wise. But, what if?

A couple of things could happen -
1) He drops it at the next Raw, to Miz or whoever they want in their Wrestlemania main event
2) Lawler, content with finally winning 'the big one', immediately vacates the title

Consider option 2 for a minute and think what the possiblity of a vacant title before Wrestlemania might mean. Well, for one, they could have a tournament like at Wrestlemania 4, except good this time. ;) Or they could make the MITB match at WM be for the WWE title - at least it'd be more interesting than Cena/Miz.

At least then they could use it conveniently, as an excuse to get all the top rated guys into the main event - The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, ???? (no I don't mean Sting):rolleyes:

I could see him winning the title, then vacating it OR Cole vs Jerry at mania (j/k that would be funny though if it happened) but truthfully i see the king vs cole at mania

If he won it would make no sense.
How so? explain...

I think Miz will retain at EC via interference from Cole thus setting up his match with Jerry at WM27.
I agree

"IF" Lawler Won. The Miz will Invoke his rematch clause thw following night. Cole will cost Lawler the match, The ANON GM will beep in and say he's tired of Cole interfering and set a match between Lawler & Cole at WN.. so King will finally have a WWE Championship under his belt Plus a WM Moment.
Please correct me if I am wrong but i believe that would make The King the only HOF who won a world title after a HOF induction.

ShockMaster
02-20-2011, 07:17 PM
What if Jerry Lawler wins tonight, and retires tomorrow night? Leaving a vacant title going into wrestlemania with a possibility of everyone competing tonight to still have a chance. Maybe it won't happen but I'm really high...in fact too high to post this anywhere else besides on a forum in hopes of getting this out there before I forget like..now. Well if I'm right, sweetness in a hand bag. If I'm wrong oh well. Oh also by retire I mean use it as a work since vince still wants him at mania. Possibly getting king to come back for one more match and bury a goon Michael Cole uses.

SaberToothTigerz
02-20-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4332-What-If-Lawler-Wins

ShockMaster
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4332-What-If-Lawler-Wins

Bitchin' man.

Bodom
02-20-2011, 07:56 PM
This would be terrible.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2011, 08:00 PM
as much as i hate it, i think vince will give him the win due to the fact that his mom passed last week

Bodom
02-20-2011, 08:09 PM
as much as i hate it, i think vince will give him the win due to the fact that his mom passed last week

It'd be really nice if WWE would for once not exploit someones death.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
It'd be really nice if WWE would for once not exploit someones death.

dont worry he lost

Bodom
02-21-2011, 09:20 AM
dont worry he lost

Thank goodness