PDA

View Full Version : Complain about Cena here.

Robstar
09-13-2010, 07:52 PM
For the life of me, I can't work out just why John Cena has generated so much hatred from fans. I'm not a huge Cena fan, but I don't mind the guy. And sure, not everybody has to like the same things, but this anti-Cena thing has me baffled, so I will address certain points that seem to raise ire;

A)The Limited Move Set - Sure, it's true, Cena's working with the same limited combos lately. Sure, watching the same thing gets boring. But I'm someone who grew up watching Hulk Hogan - and not the 'cool' NWO Hollywood version. Cena has nothing on Hogan circa 1986. So you know, same old same old.

B)Overexposure - Yep, we see Cena week in, week out, without fail. At the start of Raw, in the main event and often in vignettes in between. AND he works house shows. AND PPV's. Oh and don't forget all the promo work he does - interviews, meet & greets etc.

C)SuperCena - the invincible superman who triumphs against the odds no matter what. *Yawn*

All valid enough points to garner loathing and dislike, I must admit. But I can't help myself from thinking - man, don't hate the player, hate the game. It's WWE that is largely responsible for ALL of these things. And the above points are all inextricably tied in together.
See, I'm sure that WWE makes a LOT of money off Cena - and the best way to maximise that product is to put it out there. It's no coincidence that he's everywhere, he uses the same 3-5 moves all match and is put over in a constant push. If WWE needs him to say, tour China doing 2-3 house shows, interviews etc, appear on Raw and still be fit for PPV's of course they will instruct him not to do anything too injurious and not overwork himself. Hence, the short and predictable matches you see every week. He's great on the mic, at least I think so, so as in any job where you might show a particular flair, your employer, if they're smart will take advantage of the employees best attributes.

Anyway, my thinking is, if you really, really don't like John Cena, then your only option is to stop watching WWE altogether, because he's going to be there and be a top guy for a really long time from now. There's no escaping it. Sure, go ahead and complain about him if it really bothers you so much but understand one thing - repeating "I hope John Cena goes away" a million times and clicking your heels together ain't gonna make it happen! I wish Hogan and Flair would go away but I don't waste my time posting about it over and over again. I already said it once and unless I have something to ADD to the point, then it's just a waste of everybody's time really. :cool:

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I actually think a big part of not people not liking Cena is his inability to make anything he does in the ring look realistic, his two finishers are awful, his selling is pretty poor and his comebacks are far to quick, it's like an invisible angle goes in to the ring and pumps him with gallons of adrenalin from out of nowhere

Look at when he won the Title at Elimination Chamber, he had only been in the ring for about 11 minutes, he made Triple H tap out and looked like an out and out beast then when Batista come to the ring he was somehow near unconscious and looked punch drunk.

I hate when my intelligence is insulted as a viewer and unfortunately far to often I feel that way when Cena is trying to put something across

Robstar
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
I actually think a big part of not people not liking Cena is his inability to make anything he does in the ring look realistic, his two finishers are awful, his selling is pretty poor and his comebacks are far to quick, it's like an invisible angle goes in to the ring and pumps him with gallons of adrenalin from out of nowhere

Look at when he won the Title at Elimination Chamber, he had only been in the ring for about 11 minutes, he made Triple H tap out and looked like an out and out beast then when Batista come to the ring he was somehow near unconscious and looked punch drunk.

I hate when my intelligence is insulted as a viewer and unfortunately far to often I feel that way when Cena is trying to put something across

Fair enough, but I will once again throw up old Hogan, who was much the same, 'Hulking-Up' from nowhere. I still maintain he's doing so under instruction, otherwise he'd be checked on it during match reviews, which I'm assuming that WWE would do regularly to improve their product.

But hey, maybe not

WFâ„¢ - Original Member!
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Of course he is doing it under instruction but that doesn't make it anymore enjoyable, as for Hogan doing it, yeah he was doing it and what happened? the fans turned on him at the 92 Rumble, it got very old and dated EIGHTEEN years ago, after the 90s hit Hogan and his character was fading fast, Hogan had reinvent himself big time because he was losing fans quicker than he got them

DirtySteal
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM
I admire Cena for what he does. I tip my hat to him for all the blood, sweat and tears he's poured into the WWE and aplaude him for the pain and struggle he's put himself through to be where he is today.

However, He cannot wrestle, his gimmick stinks, I dislike everything about his demeanor and how he unaturally beats superster after superstar. It annoys me to see him being the posterboy of WWE today where there are FAR FAR more tallented wrestlers being held down. I also cant stand how he's been built up to be the best superstar in the world by WWE, when he is far from it, plus his "Never Quit" attitude is just sad and over used.

I find NOTHING about him entertaining.

mwinfie
09-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Simply put this is imo the first time the crowd have been completely ignored. Cena was totally over when he won the title but by 22 fans simply didnt want to see him anymore. it wasnt his fault but he was pushed as a babyface long after people didnt want to see it. It was kinda Rockie Mi Via (sp) all over again where people just didnt want to cheer for someone because they were such a babyface they just started to look like a corperate tool. thats why they changed up the character to become the rock and thats why in Cenas case anyone with a jibe at WWE: WCW, ECW, the fans in Montreal, people would boo cena out the building...because he was a symbol for of the WWE marketing bandwagon...a symbol that Mcmahon had taken his finger of the pulse and stopped caring what people thought.

dre-dray
09-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I admire Cena for what he does. I tip my hat to him for all the blood, sweat and tears he's poured into the WWE and aplaude him for the pain and struggle he's put himself through to be where he is today.

However, He cannot wrestle, his gimmick stinks, I dislike everything about his demeanor and how he unaturally beats superster after superstar. It annoys me to see him being the posterboy of WWE today where there are FAR FAR more tallented wrestlers being held down. I also cant stand how he's been built up to be the best superstar in the world by WWE, when he is far from it, plus his "Never Quit" attitude is just sad and over used.

I find NOTHING about him entertaining.

I completely agree with everything you said.

Robstar
09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
So the only thing that could save him would be a heel turn?

SilverGhost
09-13-2010, 11:09 PM

And an improved wrestling move set.

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 02:28 AM
And an improved wrestling move set.

And a new theme song.

KellyKellysOtherHalf
09-14-2010, 04:44 AM
I can't understand why there is such a mixed reception for Cena. Personally I like him.

I mean he works his ass off for the fans, has done for years now. Yes he has got a limited move set (something that could be improved) but the kids love him, that's how its going to be for a while, because he makes the WWE money.

I very much doubt a heel turn will be in order, at least not in the foreseeable future.

Crassman
09-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I think it's time that they stuck John Cena in the Diva division. He'd make an awesome woman's champion. Imagine a match between Maryse and John Cena in a Bitch Tit challenge.

el gabo
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
I think it's time that they stuck John Cena in the Diva division. He'd make an awesome woman's champion. Imagine a match between Maryse and John Cena in a Bitch Tit challenge.

LMAO!!!! Nothing new what I'm gonna say but, hey... A lot of the wrestlers say he's the hardest working guy in the business. But, he's being put over other guys that are MUCH better and have been there much longer. It hurts to see that Christian, Kofi, even Evan Bourne being ignored. Hell, Goldust and Reagel are AWESOME wrestlers that never get TV time. MOst long time wrestling (real wrestling like russian leg sweeps, brainbusters,etc. kind of guys) want to see that kind of stuff, not rap offs, and references to Wendy's (heath slater) or the Human Jar of Maionaise

ch.brooks24
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Look its pretty simple. John Cena represents everything the WWE stands for. So if you dont like John Cena then you dont like WWE. If you dont like John Cena and dont want to see John Cena, dont watch WWE. I know its sad and its hard to hear and hard to comprehend, but its the truth. WWE doesnt care about how many manuvers these guys can pull off and how great of wrestlers they are. They are just not that type of company. Hell, they dont even use the term "wrestling" or any variation of the word anymore! That should be your biggest clue right there!!! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WRESTLING!!! Week in and week out everyone complains about the matches WWE puts on but the fact of the matter is they could care less about the quality of their matches. The wrestling has taken a backseat to all that other garbage they put on like guest hosts, promos, skits, etc.. If you watch NXT, they make it plain and clear that if your the best wrestler in the group but cant cut it on the mic, you have no shot at winning. They could care less how good of a wrestler John Cena is or how many moves he has or how real those moves look. They care about him getting over with the crowd on the mic and selling his t-shirts and movies and spinny title belts.

My point is this - I know there are lots of wrestling fans out there and I know the easiest way to get your fix is to tune in to RAW. Its probably what you've been watching since you were a young'n and its what your used to. I get it. Im the same way. But if your truley a fan of "WRESTLING" and are sick of seeing the "NOT WRESTLING" the WWE is forcing down your throat week in and week out - then I truley advise you to go out of your way and to watch some of the other companies out there who still care about "WRESTLING". TNA has started to go down hill lately but I guaruntee you if you check out ROH and give their product a chance you'll love what you see and you'll realize that WWE has gone far away from providing true wrestling entertainment.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
So if you dont like John Cena then you dont like WWE. If you dont like John Cena and dont want to see John Cena, dont watch WWE. I know its sad and its hard to hear and hard to comprehend, but its the truth.

Another truth is.....Don't watch RAW! Watch Smackdown!

Ruggy
09-14-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm going to be honest here.... I have never really liked Cena. Alright he has charisma, bucket loads in fact, but as a wrestler, not my cup of tea.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm going to be honest here.... I have never really liked Cena. Alright he has charisma, bucket loads in fact, but as a wrestler, not my cup of tea.

1) Irish Whip
2) Spinout Powerbomb
3) 5-knuckle shuffle
4) Attitude Adjustment
5) ?

DirtySteal
09-14-2010, 01:32 PM
1) Irish Whip
2) Spinout Powerbomb
3) 5-knuckle shuffle
4) Attitude Adjustment
5) ?

5) Shoulder Block x 3

And thats it.

Ruggy
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Exactly, that is it. Not another move in sight.

SilverGhost
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Exactly, that is it. Not another move in sight.

Yeah Cena and Hogan are the same with limited moves.

Justdawg08
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Okay, you know what I like Cena and HE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE'S DOING.

Is it his fault everyone before him dropped the ball with the main event spotlight? Is it his fault he's the only one who can garner enough attention from the fans to be considered a mega star?

Honestly, Cena is a damn good worker... it wasn't about the moves they did back in the 90s/80s but it was about how they worked. People like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash.

Cena walked into the Hammerstein Ballroom and put on the performance of his life in the most hostile environment he'll ever encounter. He didn't just get carried by RVD... Cena looked good and he played the heel role very well.

Cena is a good worker, he doesn't botch, he knows how to energize the WWE Universe. Congrats.

Id rather see Cena wrestle than Orton any day. I can't stand Orton. Orton with his 20 min chin lock and his 2 min staredown at you that your suppose to fear because he can get you to sell an RKO out of nowhere... ooo nooo.... Stone Cold wants some money for ripping off his gimmick. Orton is just a freak, and apparently this is the most over he's ever been... so why not put the title on Randy Orton? Whatever...

MrNolan
09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
As a 26 year old male, I stand here proudly and say that Cena is The Man! Hes not my fav wrestler but I truly respect how he has powered through all the PURE HATRED from hardcore fans and continues to be THE TOP DRAW. Nobody else in WWE makes more in merchandising than he does. I don't even know if thats accurate but feel free to do the research. I know its true. Nobody gets a pop like Cena does. Nobody has that in ring presence that he has. His presence just screams "main event". Again, hes not my fav wrestler but I completely understand why he is the top dog.

Cena's moveset may seem limited but thats only cause you study the fuck out of it. I can see you clowns now counting off "1, 2!! 3!!! 4!! 5 moves!! Cena you suck".... No, YOU suck. Thats why WWE doesn't care about the hardcore fans opinion. Cause we are TOO opinionated. They make more money from the casual fans that go to the shows, buy the merchandise. Hardcore fans do all the complaining and offer less of the support. I mean REALLY, don't you think WWE would take hardcore fans opinions to heart and make changes if thats where the money was coming from? You cater to the ones that bring the GREEN PAPER WITH THE DEAD PRESIDENTS ON IT. Hardcore fans are the minority in this business. Its the same with most other sports. MMA is the same way. You have all these diehards complaining day in and day out but they are the main ones streaming PPVs and watching fights online instead of buying the product. Put a lid on all that hate. If you don't like Cena then don't watch WWE you whinners.

KSTornado
09-14-2010, 04:58 PM
As a 26 year old male, I stand here proudly and say that Cena is The Man! Hes not my fav wrestler but I truly respect how he has powered through all the PURE HATRED from hardcore fans and continues to be THE TOP DRAW. Nobody else in WWE makes more in merchandising than he does. I don't even know if thats accurate but feel free to do the research. I know its true. Nobody gets a pop like Cena does. Nobody has that in ring presence that he has. His presence just screams "main event". Again, hes not my fav wrestler but I completely understand why he is the top dog.

Cena's moveset may seem limited but thats only cause you study the fuck out of it. I can see you clowns now counting off "1, 2!! 3!!! 4!! 5 moves!! Cena you suck".... No, YOU suck. Thats why WWE doesn't care about the hardcore fans opinion. Cause we are TOO opinionated. They make more money from the casual fans that go to the shows, buy the merchandise. Hardcore fans do all the complaining and offer less of the support. I mean REALLY, don't you think WWE would take hardcore fans opinions to heart and make changes if thats where the money was coming from? You cater to the ones that bring the GREEN PAPER WITH THE DEAD PRESIDENTS ON IT. Hardcore fans are the minority in this business. Its the same with most other sports. MMA is the same way. You have all these diehards complaining day in and day out but they are the main ones streaming PPVs and watching fights online instead of buying the product. Put a lid on all that hate. If you don't like Cena then don't watch WWE you whinners.

I'd have to agree. He is not my favorite either but the man is obviously the man in the business today. His merchandising is out of the roof. His work with Make A Wish Foundation is off the charts. The amount of time he donates personal time to fans is tremendous. He obviously has towork his ass off just to keep in the shape he is in. He talks like a regular guy and a lot of people look at him like he is blue collar which he kind of really is. Not my favorite but I gotta respect him as the the man.

The Hipster
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm not a huge Cena fan but I do enjoy watching him. He can do the serious PO'ed stuff, the goofy stuff with DX, and throw in his owns ribs for good measure. I agree that he is WAY over analyzed. I have been watching wrestling for over 30 years and it goes in cycles. Everyone campares Cena to Hogan (which is fair) but do you remember when he WRESTLED Kurt Angle during the gold medal challenge? He can hold his own on the mat but that isn't the direction of the character. He's not the only one who miraculously recovers either. Watch TNA and see how no one sells a move for long. Also, think of the "great" Ric Flair. When was the last time his move set changed? Hom many top stars did he beat after getting the crap kicked out of him for 50 minutes of the match? Think about, most top stars follow this format because it works. I will say that I do really enjoy reading these posts. It is great that we are all fans and passionate about the guys we love and hate.

Robstar
09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Honestly, Cena is a damn good worker... it wasn't about the moves they did back in the 90s/80s but it was about how they worked. People like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash.

Yep, it's all about weaving a visual tapestry - knowing how to sell. Like Edge & Jericho - in tune with the crowd and acting accordingly. THAT'S what makes a true star

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
09-14-2010, 07:47 PM
1) Irish Whip
2) Spinout Powerbomb
3) 5-knuckle shuffle
4) Attitude Adjustment
5) ?

6) Shoulder Block
7) Drop Toe Hold
8) Stf
9) Missle Dropkick
10) DDT
11) Bulldog
12) Stalling Vertical Suplex
13) Fisherman Suplex
14) Flipping Facebuster
15) Emrald Fusion
16) Fsherman Neckbreaker
17) Diving Leg Drop

Not a overwhleming moveset to say the least, and granted that some of these he hasn't done since his indy days, but some of these are in his everyday moveset and he uses them very frequently. Even so, he has all of these in his arsenal, it's just that the WWE is booking him to look a certain way (i.e. supercena) becuase he IS their company right now when it comes to marketablity so they need him to look as strong and as tough as possible.

Robstar
09-14-2010, 07:59 PM
6) Shoulder Block
7) Drop Toe Hold
8) Stf
9) Missle Dropkick
10) DDT
11) Bulldog
12) Stalling Vertical Suplex
13) Fisherman Suplex
14) Flipping Facebuster
15) Emrald Fusion
16) Fsherman Neckbreaker
17) Diving Leg Drop

Not a overwhleming moveset to say the least, and granted that some of these he hasn't done since his indy days, but some of these are in his everyday moveset and he uses them very frequently. Even so, he has all of these in his arsenal, it's just that the WWE is booking him to look a certain way (i.e. supercena) becuase he IS their company right now when it comes to marketablity so they need him to look as strong and as tough as possible.

Well pointed out.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Well pointed out.
Thank you kind sir
I also forgot 18) Proto-bomb, 19) Spinebuster 20) Tlit-a-whirl slam

AGEOFFALL
09-14-2010, 10:12 PM
he's okay but not great. that's the best way i can put it.

Robstar
09-14-2010, 11:30 PM
he's okay but not great. that's the best way i can put it.

Exactly - but worthy of hate? Me thinks not. He's just another actor, let's be real here. I used to hate Nicholas Cage, but then I decided to stop disliking people without reason. The same way I hated Nirvana because I was an original fan when they broke - it was just stupid and spiteful. The reality was I wanted to keep them all to myself and 'fuck you Nirvana you have no right to be successful you're supposed to be....well, whatever' - I bet you that most of the disgruntled anti-Cena's are people that LOVED him when he was THUG

moppy
09-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I think the one thing to ponder is this: Where would Cena be if Vince McMahon hadn't built his company around him? Nowhere.

AGEOFFALL
09-15-2010, 03:36 AM
Brock Lesnar!!!!

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Fair enough, but I will once again throw up old Hogan, who was much the same, 'Hulking-Up' from nowhere. I still maintain he's doing so under instruction, otherwise he'd be checked on it during match reviews, which I'm assuming that WWE would do regularly to improve their product.

But hey, maybe not

I never liked Hogan or Cena. Though I did like Goldberg, and Goldberg as well had his sequence of moves that were often repeated. I just look at promo styles an if they come off badass or 'cool' to me then I'm automatically in love with them. Their in-ring work if they are big guys is understandable. I only get angry when the HIGH FLYERS are limited to what they can do, because everybody knows those guys have no real limits.

NOSUPERPOWERS
09-15-2010, 06:58 AM

I would of loved cena to do a heel turn, at the summerslam elimination match, gets down to him and barrett cena lies down nexus win, cena is the higher purpose of nexus, fed up of the pg era the kids etc that he's appealed to for the last 6 years etc. So thats why he started nexus bla bla bla,

Would give someone else the chance to be the savior of the company etc. Morrison or someone else to push a new gimmick through to sell, but not make him immortal like cena does in the ring, he fights and loses but eventually he gets the win which is so much more because of tried and failed attempts. Cena running the show with nexus not cena making the show because of nexus.

But it is the same though cena used to do more moves in the ring, but once you hit main event status and stay you lose your wrestling abillity it seems.
Rock Austin HHH taker. fans were complaining about cena's moves etc. no top rope bla bla so they do the leg drop top rope fame asser, looked what happened after that there no1 star is out becuase of injury. I think i seen him do it once after the injury and that was to batista and i think that was so he got the mental fear away from it, cos he looked petrified when he did it again

Personally i dont like cena's charecter, but everything he says in the ring comes from him not the charecter, this is my life, this is my dream, i do anything to be in wrestling, id do it all for the fans, just because he loves what he does for a living.

but def a heel turn would go down nicely, think he'd gain more older fans too.

the move's dont bother me as latly he seems to get beat alot so maybe they trying to take his immortallaty away. the nexus guy beat him on raw with 1 finisher, ive seem him take atleast 3 finishers to stay down and still get up.

jrdudley
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
well john cena same old song and dance nothing new for the past 5 yrs,its rediculous he hogs the spot light and hes not intresting to watch at all same move set never does nething original and they're trying to make him the hogan of this generation and itas not going to happen,like i said before they need to keep him out of the title pic. for a yr and i think thats how they would build alot more stars when he isnt there... more ppl get a hold of the belt cm punk,jericho.....the only thing that would save him is a heel turn or him going back to rapping about his opponet before he faces them but he sucks he does nothing new and hes a bitch in the ring

Robstar
09-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I reckon move him to Smackdown and turn him heel

SilverGhost
09-16-2010, 07:47 PM
I reckon move him to Smackdown and turn him heel

This I agree. New music, new gimmick, new WRESTLING moves and heel.

chaos75
09-16-2010, 08:47 PM
This I agree. New music, new gimmick, new WRESTLING moves and heel.

Agree. And also get rid of the stupid purple t-shirt

JacobWAd
09-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Aww I thought this was actually going to be a John Cena Hate Club. I personally can't stand the guy. He is supposed to be the big popular guy I'm supposed to cheer for, but I can't take that seriously, especially with the more talented wrestlers he is sharing the roster with, like Jericho and Edge. A few reasons why I don't like the guy:

1) His gimmick is BOOOOOORRRING!! I can't stand that "wholesome, can do no wrong, hustle, respect, loyalty" CRAP. Sorry, but that is not interesting to me in the least bit. It's really strange seeing the gimmick change Cena has underwent. Going from a thug yelling at the audience to "suck my d***", to becoming this kiddie weirdo telling the audience that his mom deleted his World of Warcraft. That would be like Stone Cold going from his rattlesnake, bad*** gimmick to become a superhero or something. Cena has had this boring gimmick for the past 5 years, and it's getting VERY stale.

2) This is intact with his gimmick, but what he says on the mic is laughably embarrassing or boring. He's either saying some childish crap that makes me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan this day and age, like when he said his email address "candypants@gmail.com" (or something like that), or something like "I WILL NEVER GIVE UP FOR YOU, CENATION!!! RAWWRR!!" It ends up being repetitive.

3) His moveset has been getting better as of late, but it's still nothing special. Spinout Powerbomb, Running Bulldog, Five Knuckle Shuffle, F.U....oops I'm sorry, Attitude Adjustment (ugh that is a TERRIBLE name), and STF. Yawn. I know it is scripted, but don't you think ANYBODY would have caught on to Cena's moveset by now? I mean, why don't they just stay down when Cena hits the Shoulder Block for the first time, instead of continuing to stand up and let Cena hit them some more? Or why don't they just move out the way when they see the Five Knuckle Shuffle? Glad Jericho finally got out of the Five Knuckle Shuffle, though.

4) Over-exposure is right! If Cena is not holding the title, he is ALWAYS chasing it and in the title picture. Most of the time he is in the main event for RAW or the PPV. He always seems to be on DVD covers and posters. He ends the WWE opening video holding the title, and he ends the RAW opening video. He is always doing TV appearances and movie roles. His merch is everywhere, and they always have a new line of Cena merch waiting when every one of his fans have the previous line of gear.

This is how I feel how they can correct Cena. First, keep him out of the title picture and main event for a bit, let someone fresh take his place. Give him some more moves and make him actually look like a threat. That is if they are going to keep him face. I personally feel they should just turn him heel altogether. I don't know how they would pull that off, but just do it some how! But until then, Cena is the cancer of this company to me, and is the one of the things preventing me from switching my TV to RAW every week.

AGEOFFALL
09-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Purple Shirt ain't going nowhere!

JacobWAd
09-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Ugh don't even get me started on that ugly purple gear. I can't believe they have managed to create something worse than that orange crap, but they did. Even the Cena fans themselves seem to be reluctant to wear that purple crap.

SilverGhost
09-17-2010, 09:58 AM
Purple Shirt ain't going nowhere!

After two posts (that I read) you went HEEL!

DarkSide
09-17-2010, 02:00 PM
I think most people forget why the "older" wrestling crowd hates Cena.

From 2001-2003 WWE needed another breakout star and fast...The Rock, Austen (and even Foley) were on their way out (no, HHH could never sell houses like those 3 at the time) and Vince needed a new number one guy.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure Cena is the greatest guy out there in real life - but Cena, the wrestling character, was never given the chance to grow and go over organically like talent before him. Vince forced him down our throats and you could almost hear Vince shouting from behind the auto-cues, 'Love him, damn you, LOVE HIM!'

Now forgive me for not doing what Vince wants and buying the T-shirt, but I think Cena is a top talent but his character needs room to breathe first. Maybe turn him heel (as he was when he started) and fully explore that side first. Maybe then the audience can fully appreciate his contribution.

JacobWAd
09-17-2010, 08:06 PM
...but Cena, the wrestling character, was never given the chance to grow and go over organically like talent before him.

Exactly. The WWE never gave Cena's original heel gimmick a chance to develop. As soon as Cena was becoming a fan favorite, they completely changed his gimmick into something "face-like". That's one of the reasons why Cena didn't "take off" like Stone Cold or The Rock did. It's not like Vince changed Stone Cold's gimmick after he became a face, I don't know why Vince felt it was necessary to change Cena's gimmick after his face turn, unless he knew the WWE would be going PG all along.........

IrkenInvader
09-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Exactly. The WWE never gave Cena's original heel gimmick a chance to develop.

I was impressed by the "Rutheless Aggression" gimmick he had. Fans were impressed too, the reason why he was getting popular was because he could go toe to toe with guys like Angle and Lesnar. He basically Super Cena'd but still lost matches and most importantly didn't rap.

SilverGhost
09-19-2010, 10:51 AM
'Love him, damn you, LOVE HIM!'

I refuse! I REFUSE!!!!!

Ruggy
09-19-2010, 05:49 PM
I still hate him, whether he draws money or not isn't enough for me.

eyehatecena
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I would have to blame it on Vince. I am sure Cena could improve in ring, WWE is just holdong him back, shoving him down our throats, doing exacatly what they did with Hogan years ago. When he is in the ring with an obvioulsy better opponent- they actually make Cena look good- until the supercena thing. Miz has had a good match with him lately, Justin Gabriel has too.
He has a pretty good speaking voice and can show emotion with what he is saying...sadly what they are having him say is....and I really hate this word...but it sounds retarded. When he is speaking, lately I just fast farward my dvr past him.
I do not hate Cena, just he is not my cup of tea- I can see his appeal to the kiddies and that he has charisma...and maybe good at being a spokesman for the WWE- but in no way is he the best in ring worker.

Oh and 5 knuckle shuffle? not a finishing move.... only in name only. Foleys Mr Socko/Mandible claw was even better than 5 knuckle shuffle, even if it was kinda goofy.

Scottland
10-12-2010, 09:22 PM
John Cena is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Fighting Spirit, with the headline reading "Have We Cena 'Nuff?" To view the cover, go to http://www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk The synopsis reads: "Between his superhero act getting incredibly old and him almost ruining the careers of people like The Miz and Nexus by squashing them completely, FSM has had it up to here with John Cena. But is it really all his fault? FSM examines WWE's top man and wonders if he's to blame for ruining WWE for everyone."

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Fighting Spirit is a great magazine with great writers, but I think this issue came about 6-12 months to late. I think WWE is already addressin the issue, this may leave Fighting Spirit somewhat red in the face

BevinBoyz
10-12-2010, 09:40 PM
i thought cena was ruining thing since B4 big show choke slammed him into the spot light and then came out the following night on raw..

Scottland
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
One thing I will say is...Yes, John Cena is a stale figure in the wrestling world.

Kid_Gangsta
10-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Fighting Spirit is a great magazine with great writers, but I think this issue came about 6-12 months to late. I think WWE is already addressin the issue, this may leave Fighting Spirit somewhat red in the face

c/s over these past few months cena put over many stars and took L's to quite a few guys. Orton, Miz, Justin Gabriel, Wade etc. so the "Fighting Spirit" needs to STFU & GTFO

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? :p

Scottland
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? :p

I think he's agreeing with you from the looks of it.

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Thought so.. should still support Fighting spirit, though, great rag and well worth the money. It covers everything from WWE to UFC to IWW to Gladiators. yes, gladiators! Great staff up there

Hannah
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I understand John Cena has gotten really stale, and is in dire need of a heel turn or something other than this SuperCena character, but to go as far as saying that he's ruining wrestling for everyone? Isn't that kinda extreme? He's getting one of the biggest reactions right now either it be cheer or boo.

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I understand John Cena has gotten really stale, and is in dire need of a heel turn or something other than this SuperCena character, but to go as far as saying that he's ruining wrestling for everyone? Isn't that kinda extreme? He's getting one of the biggest reactions right now either it be cheer or boo.

You are too generous :)

But seriously his moveset is what makes wrestling bad to look at.

1. Irish Whip
2. Spinout powerbomb
3. 5-knuckle
4. FU
5. STFU and the best bad guy taps to a weak submission UNLESS creative says so.

Splattered-Dreams
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM

1. Irish Whip
2. Spinout powerbomb
3. 5-knuckle
4. FU

It's PG now! We have to call them the AA and the STF, obvz :p But yeah, I cant think of any moves he does other than them. A dropkick once or twice a year maybes

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
It's PG now! We have to call them the AA and the STF, obvz :p But yeah, I cant think of any moves he does other than them. A dropkick once or twice a year maybes

Read 4 and 5 please xD jk

Necroyeti
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
A dropkick once or twice a year maybes
Aye, he did one a couple of weeks ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTLWTQpnHGU). It's hilarious listening to Michael Cole going ballistic.... over the most basic move in professional wrestling.

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Aye, he did one a couple of weeks ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTLWTQpnHGU). It's hilarious listening to Michael Cole going ballistic.... over the most basic move in professional wrestling.

LOL xD

Big Show has done a dropkick in the past and the announcers did go berserk. Though its because Big Show is a big man. Cena should have been doing dropkicks since he started pro wrestling. But his dropkicks suck!

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, This rag A.K.A magazine is in the UK and does not represent the whole rasslin worlds opinion. They made this a headline to get 5 more people to buy this joke of a magazine. So the total people that actually bought it or read it is up to 20 people now. Good job, CLAP CLAP CLAP. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
sheep are known for following, being herded, do you really want to be like that? What happened to individuality and originality

SilverGhost
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, This rag A.K.A magazine is in the UK and does not represent the whole rasslin worlds opinion. They made this a headline to get 5 more people to buy this joke of a magazine. So the total people that actually bought it or read it is up to 20 people now. Good job, CLAP CLAP CLAP. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
sheep are known for following, being herded, do you really want to be like that? What happened to individuality and originality

OF COURSE!!! STRIKER LOVES POOP!

But still, its a magazine nonetheless. I didn't read the article and what not but I don't need a UK magazine to know that Cena is bad in the ring.
Still there is room for improvement and Cena is showing signs of thinking to improve. He didn't improve yet.

wallyman
10-13-2010, 12:01 AM
actually...cena didntg ruin wrestling hes actually a decent wrestler....wwe ruined wrestling with their kick and punches stuff...so yeah leave cena alone...blaime vince mcmahon ^^

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 12:04 AM
actually...cena didntg ruin wrestling hes actually a decent wrestler....wwe ruined wrestling with their kick and punches stuff...so yeah leave cena alone...blaime vince mcmahon ^^

That would mean that we wouldn't see high flying, heads not being kicked in, and KO punches. Basically grown men groping each other -.-

Cena? Decent? Look at the list!

NightWolf
10-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I don't know. I have seen how big of a hand John Cena plays in the WWE. He could add a move to his little list ANYtime he damn well pleases. John Cena was behind Evan Bournes push, and it is no secret that Cena an Mcmahon are actual butt buddies in real life. Sometimes they would hang out after shows or stand in the parking lot talking. Even a Cena mark could not deny that, unless they are too blind to see. Cena, according to other wrestlers, was the man who pitched PG to Mr. Mcmahon. An WWE has a bad habit of banning moves that get botched way too often. I can see WWE turning into a boxing program with them wearing 'protective gear' in the distant future.

shanethewolf
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
I've never been a Cena fan, but you have to admire his work ethic. It's understandable that he's their main guy, because he's just got so much going for him and he's a very hard worker.

I also have to say his match with Wade Barrett at HIAC was one of the best matches I've seen all year. Not the most technical performance, but the psychology and the tension was very gripping and definitely showed both guys deserve to be where they are.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 09:22 AM

1. Irish Whip
2. Spinout powerbomb
3. 5-knuckle
4. FU

You forgot the Dropkick that he just learned!

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 10:13 AM
You forgot the Dropkick that he just learned!

Its not a DEATHMOVE man!

Bodom
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Its not a DEATHMOVE man!

Anytime Cena learns a new move, it should be celebrated

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Anytime Cena learns a new move, it should be celebrated

Very true but I thought dropkicks aren't a problem for him when he started pro wrestling but he does it like a poor man. xD

Bodom
10-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Very true but I thought dropkicks aren't a problem for him when he started pro wrestling but he does it like a poor man. xD

Are you implying that Cena performs wrestling moves poorly? :rolleyes:

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Are you implying that Cena performs wrestling moves poorly? :rolleyes:

You look at the dropkick and you tell me!

Bodom
10-13-2010, 10:36 AM
You look at the dropkick and you tell me!

Im just impressed that he actually learned something new

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Im just impressed that he actually learned something new

Yeah for that I'll give him credit. And leapfrogging.

But honestly its not that significant.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Yeah for that I'll give him credit. And leapfrogging.

But honestly its not that significant.

Nothing Cena does is significant.

SilverGhost
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Nothing Cena does is significant.

VERY TRUE! xD

Xpacfan
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM

1. Irish Whip
2. Spinout powerbomb
3. 5-knuckle
4. FU

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/pokemonemerald/view_image.html?id=PdAKshgk7hmZ7BDv&om_act=convert&om_clk=userimage&tag=userimage%3Btitle

Xpacfan
10-13-2010, 12:54 PM
For the exception of SilverGhost, Bodom, and a few others...none of you sound like you know anything about pro-wrestling or the WWE for that matter.

I've never been a Cena fan, but you have to admire his work ethic. It's understandable that he's their main guy, because he's just got so much going for him and he's a very hard worker.

I also have to say his match with Wade Barrett at HIAC was one of the best matches I've seen all year. Not the most technical performance, but the psychology and the tension was very gripping and definitely showed both guys deserve to be where they are.

See, comments like this is what make me draw such a conclusion. When the hell did we as wrestling fans start giving a crap about how hard someone works compared to their ability to entertain us? There are plenty of other wrestlers that WORK VERY HARD but if they don't have that "IT" factor to make them a star, then it doesn't matter. Cena never had that "IT" factor imo! The fact that WWE puts themselves on his shoulders the same way they did the Rock and Stone Cold just makes me sick to my stomach! Cena isn't good enough to lace the Rock's boots for him or even be in the same ring as Austin!!! For anyone to put them in the same category obviously shows that they know nothing about pro-wrestling or the WWE.

With that said, I disagree with FSM. Cena hasn't ruin the WWE...the fans have!! The fans have ruined the WWE because despite getting a subpar corporate product every week that has political influnce written all over it...people continue to give them ratings, buy ppvs, buy the apparel, bash TNA and get on sites like this to talk about how things can get better. NEWS FLASH: THINGS ARE NOT GOING TO GET ANY BETTER UNTIL WE CHALLENGE THE WWE TO MAKE THEM BETTER. If you want to be a true WWE fan...boycott it! It's the only way they'll get the message. It's how we got the Attitude era: Fans started exploring other options when the old WWF started tripping and it forced them to adapt their product to demands on their audience.

And FYI, Cena and all his Sesame Street watchin @ss fans can his my @ss! :mad:

Splattered-Dreams
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
The guy's gotta point.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 01:09 PM
To be fair, Wade Barret vs John Cena at HIAC, was a pretty good match. Not by in-ring standards, but by the psychology. Not great, but pretty good. I was slightly on the edge of my seat and the crowd bought it, so it did its job.

As much as I hate to say it, Cena does have the "it" factor. When Cena's not going around spray painting "______ is poopy" or giving lame ass preachy promos, he can be damn charismatic and have the crowd in the palm of his hands

Xpacfan
10-13-2010, 01:20 PM
To be fair, Wade Barret vs John Cena at HIAC, was a pretty good match. Not by in-ring standards, but by the psychology. Not great, but pretty good. I was slightly on the edge of my seat and the crowd bought it, so it did its job.

As much as I hate to say it, Cena does have the "it" factor. When Cena's not going around spray painting "______ is poopy" or giving lame ass preachy promos, he can be damn charismatic and have the crowd in the palm of his hands

Yeah maybe with the kids but with your average wrestling fan...no way. The main event scene...hell the whole show was geared towards teenagers and young adults before the PG switch. "Never Give Up" vs. "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass"....Cena has the "IT" factor or does he just simply fit into the WWE's current political agendas? I tend to believe the latter...

Bodom
10-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah maybe with the kids but with your average wrestling fan...no way. The main event scene...hell the whole show was geared towards teenagers and young adults before the PG switch. "Never Give Up" vs. "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass"....Cena has the "IT" factor or does he just simply fit into the WWE's current political agendas? I tend to believe the latter...

There's a slight chance that the average non-internet wrestling fan would be a fan of Cena, however im afraid of what kind of that person that is ;)
No dispute on "Austin 3:16" vs "Never Give Up".

Cena absolutely fits into their political agenda. He's the perfect poster child for a PG entertainment company. It sickens me and I hate to admit it, but its true.

Xpacfan
10-13-2010, 01:27 PM

And for sake of being fair, I didn't see HIAC. Which is due to my current boycott of everything that is currently WWE.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
And for sake of being fair, I didn't see HIAC. Which is due to my current boycott of everything that is currently WWE.

I don't blame you. I only watched it because I had nothing else to do and *coughillegalstreamcough*

Xpacfan
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
There's a slight chance that the average non-internet wrestling fan would be a fan of Cena, however im afraid of what kind of that person that is ;)
No dispute on "Austin 3:16" vs "Never Give Up".

Yeah I see exactly what you are saying, so let me rephrase what meant say:

"For those who have been fans longer than a decade...no way"

Bodom
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah I see exactly what you are saying, so let me rephrase what meant say:

"For those who have been fans longer than a decade...no way"

Truer words have never been said

shanethewolf
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
See, comments like this is what make me draw such a conclusion. When the hell did we as wrestling fans start giving a crap about how hard someone works compared to their ability to entertain us? There are plenty of other wrestlers that WORK VERY HARD but if they don't have that "IT" factor to make them a star, then it doesn't matter. Cena never had that "IT" factor imo!

I disagree. I think it's very important that a wrestler works hard because otherwise we get stuck with lazy guys like Hogan, Scott Hall, Big Show, Khali and the like who put no effort into their matches, refuse to take bumps or put their opponents over or can't be bothered getting in shape. Cena obviously does have the "IT" factors because the fans love him and he's been at the top of the WWE for quite some years now and you never hear a silent arena when he's wrestling.

Yeah, a lot of us older wrestling fans hate watching him because we compare him to guys like The Rock, Austin and many of the greats from a much more entertaining period in wrestling. But given the restrictions, PG content and the squeaky clean image WWE are trying to portray, he's the perfect person for the job. Who knows, maybe Cena would've been great in the Attitude era and maybe Austin would suck in this family friendly era.

highjam
10-13-2010, 04:15 PM
i think that if you look at the WWE over the last 5 yrs cena has been the top guy.... he hasnt ruined anything like him or not... hes dedicated... doesn't get into drug trouble and if i had kids i would rather have them look up 2 cena rather than lets say jeff hardy... he has his own personal issues and everyone knows what he did... finally the wheel is spinning less in the direction toward cena as randy orton looks to be the new face of the WWE... times have changed within the last 5 yrs and cena has had to adapt as well and i think he has done a great job... everybody has their run as a over the top babyface and if they turn cena heel i think he wont loose as many fans as everyone thinks

HolyJose2391
10-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't blame you. I only watched it because I had nothing else to do and *coughillegalstreamcough*

bahaha I get all my PPV's on an illegal stream

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Xpacfan is a clear case example of a HATER. Go ahead and boycott away bro. True wrestling fans like myself change with the times and I enjoy the show as much or more than I did 20 years ago. Cena has the "it" factor and for you to say he doesn't, you either don't want to admit the truth or your in complete denial. People in the industry knows what works and what doesn't and they are way smarter than you or I will ever be. Not only do I buy every PPV I go all around the country to watch most of them live and in person. When your watching on tv yes you do hear some boo's for Cena but make no mistake about it, the crowd goes crazy for that guy. People wait in long ass lines just to get a Cena shirt or wrist band and guess what, they are not all children that all the merchandise is for. Haters are going to hate I understand that, but even when I sometimes watch TNA impact online, the majority of the people chatting are TALKING ABOUT CENA, not TNA, not wrestling in general, BUT JOHN F'N CENA. Cena puts on good matches and at least he is trying to introduce some new moves in his move set. You didn't even see HIAC, I was there, Cena did a great job. The guy is a star, yes his movies are not that good, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE F'N TOOTHFAIRY. The wwe doesn't need you as a fan, and I'm sure they don't give a shit about your opinion since you never pay for ppv's or go to live events. They Like people like me that pay hard earned money to see something I love. Would I like to see blood and chair shots to the dome, HELL YES, that's why im also a fan of UFC. Maybe you just are to informed about what pro rasslin is. Most people on the internet read dirt sheets and know its all about storylines and its scripted. The magic is gone in your eyes, but in mine the magic never left. YOU KNOW WHY, because I love this form of entertainment and I understand its not going back to be like it was in the attitude ERA. MOVE ON or use your freedom to watch the competion TNA, they have blood, they use chairs, they f'n cuss and above all else that seems to piss you off, they DON'T HAVE JOHN CENA. You my friend are not in the majority of your views on Cena, if you were he still wouldn't have the whole WWE centered around him. Keep on hating bro, I'm sure someday you wil realize its all a show and your not smart enough to realize that even if you love/hate a wrestler in the end thats all that F'N matters, YOU CARE and that my friend is why the WWE has you right where they want you. WORD U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Haters are going to hate

Scottland
10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
i think that if you look at the WWE over the last 5 yrs cena has been the top guy.... he hasnt ruined anything like him or not... hes dedicated... doesn't get into drug trouble and if i had kids i would rather have them look up 2 cena rather than lets say jeff hardy... he has his own personal issues and everyone knows what he did... finally the wheel is spinning less in the direction toward cena as randy orton looks to be the new face of the WWE... times have changed within the last 5 yrs and cena has had to adapt as well and i think he has done a great job... everybody has their run as a over the top babyface and if they turn cena heel i think he wont loose as many fans as everyone thinks

Yes, Randy Orton is slowly but surely becoming the face of the WWE. That's why some have said the Orton Era has begun in which I truly do think so. I mean the man has been getting the biggest pops as of late let alone the whole anti-hero & Viper gimmick is sell exceedingly well.

highjam
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM
totally agree.... the fans go nuts for orton...biggest pops by far as of late!

Bodom
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes, Randy Orton is slowly but surely becoming the face of the WWE. That's why some have said the Orton Era has begun in which I truly do think so. I mean the man has been getting the biggest pops as of late let alone the whole anti-hero & Viper gimmick is sell exceedingly well.

All the Cena fans who grew up to be teenagers started chanting Orton. Not a shot at Orton, but it seems to hint that the bulk of the crowd are maturing

HolyJose2391
10-13-2010, 04:33 PM
If we'er gonna be comparing here to the attitude era I see it this way John Cena is the equvilant of what the Rock was back then the Rock was mainly a face and got a huge pop from the crowd while Orton is what Austin was Austin gave stunners to anyone as does Orton he gives anyone an RKO do I dislike Cena yes but dude gets a reaction to the fans and that's what WWE looks for as well

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
i agree with shane the wolf. hes got balls man.

Bodom
10-13-2010, 04:38 PM
bahaha I get all my PPV's on an illegal stream

In all honesty, the only PPV's I would buy, are the ROH iPPV's. Only with those do I know that every single penny was well spent

Scottland
10-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Xpacfan is a clear case example of a HATER. Go ahead and boycott away bro. True wrestling fans like myself change with the times and I enjoy the show as much or more than I did 20 years ago. Cena has the "it" factor and for you to say he doesn't, you either don't want to admit the truth or your in complete denial. People in the industry knows what works and what doesn't and they are way smarter than you or I will ever be. Not only do I buy every PPV I go all around the country to watch most of them live and in person. When your watching on tv yes you do hear some boo's for Cena but make no mistake about it, the crowd goes crazy for that guy. People wait in long ass lines just to get a Cena shirt or wrist band and guess what, they are not all children that all the merchandise is for. Haters are going to hate I understand that, but even when I sometimes watch TNA impact online, the majority of the people chatting are TALKING ABOUT CENA, not TNA, not wrestling in general, BUT JOHN F'N CENA. Cena puts on good matches and at least he is trying to introduce some new moves in his move set. You didn't even see HIAC, I was there, Cena did a great job. The guy is a star, yes his movies are not that good, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE F'N TOOTHFAIRY. The wwe doesn't need you as a fan, and I'm sure they don't give a shit about your opinion since you never pay for ppv's or go to live events. They Like people like me that pay hard earned money to see something I love. Would I like to see blood and chair shots to the dome, HELL YES, that's why im also a fan of UFC. Maybe you just are to informed about what pro rasslin is. Most people on the internet read dirt sheets and know its all about storylines and its scripted. The magic is gone in your eyes, but in mine the magic never left. YOU KNOW WHY, because I love this form of entertainment and I understand its not going back to be like it was in the attitude ERA. MOVE ON or use your freedom to watch the competion TNA, they have blood, they use chairs, they f'n cuss and above all else that seems to piss you off, they DON'T HAVE JOHN CENA. You my friend are not in the majority of your views on Cena, if you were he still wouldn't have the whole WWE centered around him. Keep on hating bro, I'm sure someday you wil realize its all a show and your not smart enough to realize that even if you love/hate a wrestler in the end thats all that F'N matters, YOU CARE and that my friend is why the WWE has you right where they want you. WORD U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Haters are going to hate

What are you the sign guy or something? I have a funny feeling your a Cena lover or something? There is no denying Cena is popular. Does the dude have the "it" factor. Well...really no, it's more of a matter of having great representatives that market him & create a certain image for him. He's not by any means a great wrestler but dude you make him sound like a God which is just laughable let alone NOT true. Cena gets mixed reactions from the crowds. I've been to events, I have friends that have gone to events & I've seen the reactions on TV & the dude, clearly gets mixed reactions. He's not like guys like Triple H, Taker, Orton, Mysterio & so forth who get way more cheers then boos. Hell, even Cena himself knows he gets the biggest mixed reaction from the crowds & he accepts that.

HolyJose2391
10-13-2010, 04:41 PM
ya I went to an ROH live event once...freaking epic Christopher Daniels touched my hand it was awesome

Scottland
10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
If we'er gonna be comparing here to the attitude era I see it this way John Cena is the equvilant of what the Rock was back then the Rock was mainly a face and got a huge pop from the crowd while Orton is what Austin was Austin gave stunners to anyone as does Orton he gives anyone an RKO do I dislike Cena yes but dude gets a reaction to the fans and that's what WWE looks for as well

Interesting comparison let alone pretty accurate. I remember when prowrestling magazine had an article out about if WWE could survivor without The Rock & a WWE rep. said "We think Cena is our new Rock." So, you are not off & the comparison of Orton & Austin is something that has been mentioned alot.

The only thing I have against the whole comparison with The Rock & John Cena is The Rock was way bigger then John Cena in terms of popularity let alone The Rock was by far a better wrestler & a entertainer. Also, The Rock had a bit of a bad boy side about him. Cena is to much of a goody-two shoes & straight-laced. The better comparison for Cena would be Hulk Hogan. Both are mediocre wrestlers, have the whole goody-two shoes thing with there character let alone both were aimed for kids & also have the absurd "superhero" element.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 05:09 PM
What are you the sign guy or something? I have a funny feeling your a Cena lover or something? There is no denying Cena is popular. Does the dude have the "it" factor. Well...really no, it's more of a matter of having great representatives that market him & create a certain image for him. He's not by any means a great wrestler but dude you make him sound like a God which is just laughable let alone NOT true. Cena gets mixed reactions from the crowds. I've been to events, I have friends that have gone to events & I've seen the reactions on TV & the dude, clearly gets mixed reactions. He's not like guys like Triple H, Taker, Orton, Mysterio & so forth who get way more cheers then boos. Hell, even Cena himself knows he gets the biggest mixed reaction from the crowds & he accepts that.

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, im not the sign guy, I am just a guy that is blessed to be able to watch something i love live and I have a few connections, that's all I have to say about that. No im not a Cena lover, do I respect the guy, HELL YES. On the few occasions I have talked to the guy, he has been nothing but world class and I cant say that about all the wrestlers I've met. You my friend don't know what the 'it" factor really is. If you read my post again you will realize the error of your ways, I never said he didn't get a mixed reaction, I said people GO CRAZY FOR HIM. I hate to burst your bubble bro but John Cena's character and the person is pretty close to the same. What you see is mostly what you get it's not a certain image, its him, just maybe a little bit louder but its the same guy. I am well aware that you will never see eye to eye with me on many things and that's ok, I enjoy the fact you read my post non the less. KEEP READING, more to come. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

Kid_Gangsta
10-13-2010, 05:49 PM
to reply to the thread, no Cena is not ruining the WWE. The creative team is ruining the WWE. u got the same guys in the main event picture like edge, Cena, Orton, hhh, sheamus undertaker. u got the stupid gimmick ppvs, u got awful wrestling, u got stupid segments on their weekly shows. u got overpriced PPV's and i could keep going but imma stop there. Cena is just doing his job. i am no where near a Cena fan but its just not fair to blame the horrible state of the WWE on one guy.

Scottland
10-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. First, im not the sign guy, I am just a guy that is blessed to be able to watch something i love live and I have a few connections, that's all I have to say about that. No im not a Cena lover, do I respect the guy, HELL YES. On the few occasions I have talked to the guy, he has been nothing but world class and I cant say that about all the wrestlers I've met. You my friend don't know what the 'it" factor really is. If you read my post again you will realize the error of your ways, I never said he didn't get a mixed reaction, I said people GO CRAZY FOR HIM. I hate to burst your bubble bro but John Cena's character and the person is pretty close to the same. What you see is mostly what you get it's not a certain image, its him, just maybe a little bit louder but its the same guy. I am well aware that you will never see eye to eye with me on many things and that's ok, I enjoy the fact you read my post non the less. KEEP READING, more to come. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

Wait a minute...For one, you didn't burst my bubble. I know John Cena is practically the same guy in & outside of the ring. I give props to John Cena. I mean he does the make-a-wish foundation more then anyone & applaud him for it. He's a good person & hey, great for him on succeeding. I don't dislike John Cena the person (I don't know the guy. So, I can't judge him as a person but I've always heard he's a down to earth guy). What I dislike is John Cena the wrestler though. He's highly one of the most overrated ever right next to the jackass Hulk Hogan. As for the "it" factor comment? I know what the "it" factor is & it's somone who has the total package. Cena isn't an "it" factory. He's more like a manufactured "it" factor. Cena hasn't made it big on his talents. He's an average if not below average wrestler. What's made Cena succeed is simply his own will BUT also having Vince giving him the right representatives & marketing behind him to make him big. Vince McMahon truly made John Cena what he is today. If Cena left the WWE he would fade & his popularity would die quicker then a hick-up but then again very few guys have become bigger then the company itself & that's only maybe 3 guys that have become bigger then the WWE in being able to carry there own star power elsewhere. Cena needs the WWE because without the WWE there is no John Cena. You are right though on me & you, as we will probably never see eye-to-eye or really get along with one and another that well.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Well the reason for that Scottland is even with all my infinite wisdom I still can't fix stupid. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

Scottland
10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Well the reason for that Scottland is even with all my infinite wisdom I still can't fix stupid. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

No...the reason for that would be because your an arrogant & ignorant jackass. Simply put, I wouldn't have to be such a smartass if you weren't such a dumbass.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
10-13-2010, 07:57 PM
No...the reason for that would be because your an arrogant & ignorant jackass. Simply put, I wouldn't have to be such a smartass if you weren't such a dumbass.

Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm trying to be nice but you have the IQ of lint. After reading your post, I've decided I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest. If you dont like my opinion of you-improve yourself. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
If you cannot convince them, confuse them. say what you would like but this is my last post pertaining to you.

HolyJose2391
10-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Interesting comparison let alone pretty accurate. I remember when prowrestling magazine had an article out about if WWE could survivor without The Rock & a WWE rep. said "We think Cena is our new Rock." So, you are not off & the comparison of Orton & Austin is something that has been mentioned alot.

The only thing I have against the whole comparison with The Rock & John Cena is The Rock was way bigger then John Cena in terms of popularity let alone The Rock was by far a better wrestler & a entertainer. Also, The Rock had a bit of a bad boy side about him. Cena is to much of a goody-two shoes & straight-laced. The better comparison for Cena would be Hulk Hogan. Both are mediocre wrestlers, have the whole goody-two shoes thing with there character let alone both were aimed for kids & also have the absurd "superhero" element.

well ya the Cena and Hulk comparison is best but like I said I was comparing to Attitude Era wrestlers. and I agree The Rock had his bad boy side. but if you see Cena insulting another wrestler or just cracking jokes it reminds you of The Rock's jokes and insults

HolyJose2391
10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
speaking of Sheamus in the title picture I remember I was so pissed sent WWE an email I know it was pointless but come on at the time Sheamus wasn't deserving of the WWE Chapionship but guy is starting to grow on me

Scottland
10-13-2010, 08:39 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I'm trying to be nice but you have the IQ of lint. After reading your post, I've decided I am in favor of abortion in cases of incest. If you dont like my opinion of you-improve yourself. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
If you cannot convince them, confuse them. say what you would like but this is my last post pertaining to you.

You are trying to be nice? Really...yeah, okay. Being nice is saying blant insults to someone why acting polite? Dude, you have just been an asshole from the start let alone you are unreasonable beyond belief. If someone doesn't agree with you or your little ways then they are wrong. Screw that crap. I have the IQ of lint? What a dumbass comment but it's practical coming from you especially the abortion comment. It's not my IQ that's a problem by any means (I know that for a fact). It's your self-absorded arrogant & ignorant attitude that's the problem. I don't need to improve myself...you need to improve your lousy & narrow-minded attitude. I can care a rat ass of your opinion of me. Why would I care of a jackass's opinion. I've tried being rational & reasonable with you but dude, your just a flat out pompous dick. Here's to your so-called "infinite wisdom" which is more like infinite futility.

P.S. I officially don't understand you & I'm baffled by it. You send me a Friend Request?:confused:

Scottland
10-13-2010, 08:47 PM
well ya the Cena and Hulk comparison is best but like I said I was comparing to Attitude Era wrestlers. and I agree The Rock had his bad boy side. but if you see Cena insulting another wrestler or just cracking jokes it reminds you of The Rock's jokes and insults

No, I understand what you where saying & the comparing of one particular era from another. I was just mentioning the Cena/Hulk comparison that's all. Also, I do see Cena cracking jokes & insulting other wrestlers which somewhat brings back to the good ole' days of The Rock & even Stone Cold cracking jokes & insulting other wrestlers but those where just so much better let alone The Rock would run circles around Cena. God, how I miss those days of the Rock-Austin Era.

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 12:59 AM
This has been my favorite thread so far. I like it how everyone presents their case and some other people intelligently insults others. I like this thread<3

Anyways both sides have valid points. I'll say that. But noone here is right. Not even me.

jethro
10-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Lazy to read through 7 pages so I'm gonna say this based on the title topic - no Cena is not ruining WWE at all,he is a hardworker,attend events,greet people,making movies,promote wwe to younger audience which is good for their business...the one who think Cena ruining WWE are the one stuck with the past,move on is a good thing,I've been watch WWE since early 90s,went through attitude era,watch WCW/WWE go at it,and still watch until now.Back then the face of WWE was Stone Cold/The Rock,now its Cena.

No blood? watch TNA or CZW for bucket of blood.I'm just fine with WWE strictly no blood in the match.

el gabo
10-14-2010, 08:07 AM
You are trying to be nice? Really...yeah, okay. Being nice is saying blant insults to someone why acting polite? Dude, you have just been an asshole from the start let alone you are unreasonable beyond belief. If someone doesn't agree with you or your little ways then they are wrong. Screw that crap. I have the IQ of lint? What a dumbass comment but it's practical coming from you especially the abortion comment. It's not my IQ that's a problem by any means (I know that for a fact). It's your self-absorded arrogant & ignorant attitude that's the problem. I don't need to improve myself...you need to improve your lousy & narrow-minded attitude. I can care a rat ass of your opinion of me. Why would I care of a jackass's opinion. I've tried being rational & reasonable with you but dude, your just a flat out pompous dick. Here's to your so-called "infinite wisdom" which is more like infinite futility.

P.S. I officially don't understand you & I'm baffled by it. You send me a Friend Request?:confused:

Dude, he's just yanking your chain to get a good laugh. Don't take him too seriously or you will pop a vein.

Bodom
10-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Seriously, enough is enough. IPITS, stop picking fights and causing trouble, Im getting sick of it.

Scottland, it's a forum, don't get riled up at him it just feeds him. Let it be

Bodom
10-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Lazy to read through 7 pages so I'm gonna say this based on the title topic - no Cena is not ruining WWE at all,he is a hardworker,attend events,greet people,making movies,promote wwe to younger audience which is good for their business...the one who think Cena ruining WWE are the one stuck with the past,move on is a good thing,I've been watch WWE since early 90s,went through attitude era,watch WCW/WWE go at it,and still watch until now.Back then the face of WWE was Stone Cold/The Rock,now its Cena.

No blood? watch TNA or CZW for bucket of blood.I'm just fine with WWE strictly no blood in the match.

Ha! In TNA if they don't bleed enough, they cut them deeper. CZW.......that's a whole 'nother issue

Xpacfan
10-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Scottland...Thank You! You seem to get it!

SilverGhost
10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
In a way John Cena has ruined WWE. I mean....its not wrestling anymore, its just testosterone driven male drama and a superhero.

Cena is improving in the ring (all too late) but its not enough. He remained face for far too long. I guess for Cena to make up for it is to turn heel.
Don't get me wrong, WWE and PG mixed well because of Cena but its time for him to join the darkside and be heel.

chaos75
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Now the WWE have obviously been listening about our complaints of Cena's crap move set, but does a drop kick really count as making a whole new BETTER move set? No.

Your Mum!

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
No./end thread xD

Bodom
11-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Im just glad Cena learned something.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Im just glad Cena learned something.

But he can't learn more than 4 moves! He must forget a move!

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Dropkick or 5 Knuckle Shuffle? What's your preference?

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Dropkick or 5 Knuckle Shuffle? What's your preference?

-Removes 5 Knuckle shuffle-

Bodom
11-11-2010, 08:35 PM
Can we release John Cena into the wild?

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Can we release John Cena into the wild?

Does that mean TNA?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Does that mean TNA?

And the Impact Zone will still chant THS IS AWESOME.

f'n sigh.........................

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:41 PM
And the Impact Zone will still chant THS IS AWESOME.

f'n sigh.........................

Hell NO! Impact Zone people are so damn backwards!

steveorton
11-11-2010, 08:45 PM
could some please tell me how to post up a question? i am a noob to this site and i jus want to ask u guys some questions. thankin u in advance. I'm jus sayin.............

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM
could some please tell me how to post up a question? i am a noob to this site and i jus want to ask u guys some questions. thankin u in advance. I'm jus sayin.............

You mean a poll?

It tells you when you make one.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Choose the appropriate forum and click "Post New Thread".

SaberToothTigerz
11-11-2010, 08:52 PM

epic reference to cena being a pokemon
epic

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
epic reference to cena being a pokemon
epic

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/image/cena_pokemon.jpg

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 08:59 PM

Poke'dex entry for John Cena
Has the ability once per battle to heal himself to full health, fill PP for all moves, hit all four of his moves without the opponent having a turn, opponent is KO'd regardless of level, health and resistances, then quadruple earnings for this battle.

FaceOfSpades
11-11-2010, 09:04 PM
http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/image/cena_pokemon.jpg

f'n epic!!!!!

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Has the ability once per battle to heal himself to full health, fill PP for all moves, hit all four of his moves without the opponent having a turn, opponent is KO'd regardless of level, health and resistances, then quadruple earnings for this battle.

Shit....lvl 1 Cena>Lvl 100 Pikachu

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Shit....lvl 1 Cena>Lvl 100 Pikachu

He is probably the only one who wouldn't job to Hogan.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
He is probably the only one who wouldn't job to Hogan.

Maybe you are right.

Hogan vs Cena.....who would watch this?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe you are right.

Hogan vs Cena.....who would watch this?

No one over the age of 14.

Them and the "It's still real to me" guy

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:29 PM

Them and the "It's still real to me" guy

-smh- Damn....its that bad....

Rockstarella
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
That is not true! John Cena also did a weird flipping move last monday on Otunga. So thats 2 new moves he learned.

Rich Cranium
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM

What would happen in that match if Cena becomes SuperCena and Hogan get Hulked up?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
That is not true! John Cena also did a weird flipping move last monday on Otunga. So thats 2 new moves he learned.

I must have missed that move when I was watching something interesting.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
What would happen in that match if Cena becomes SuperCena and Hogan get Hulked up?

Someone just divided by Zero.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:34 PM

http://www.dodeca-t.com/picpile/divided_by_zero.jpg

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:46 PM

You mean the Throwback?

Thats not new.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
You mean the Throwback?

Thats not new.

Nah that wasn't a new move.

Cena just botched.

chaos75
11-11-2010, 09:47 PM

Sounds like someone has been using action replay.

Cena is a Shit-Head Pokemon, his type is suckuptotheboss, his ability is SuperCena which turns John Cena into SuperCena form once his health is 1/4 below, learns Five-Knuckle Shuffle at lv 13, STF at level 27, AA at Lv 40.

Legendary Pokemon. Has no egg type/sperm count

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Nah that wasn't a new move.

Cena just botched.

So it wasn't the throwback? I remember JR called it the blockbuster xD

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:54 PM
So it wasn't the throwback? I remember JR called it the blockbuster xD

If thats the move, its not new. He's done it for years.

I still it was a botch

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 09:57 PM
If thats the move, its not new. He's done it for years.

I still it was a botch

It doesn't look good....at all.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
It doesn't look good....at all.

Are you implying that anything Cena does looks good?

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Are you implying that anything Cena does looks good?

Well he did bring back jorts.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Well he did bring back jorts.

Yes he deserves to die, and I hope he burns in hell

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Yes he deserves to die, and I hope he burns in hell

Are we talking real hell or JR's hell ("He got chokeslammed straight to hell!") commonly known as the floor.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Are we talking real hell or JR's hell ("He got chokeslammed straight to hell!") commonly known as the floor.

Whichever hell where Hitler has a pineapple shoved up his ass every 20 minutes.

Yeah that one.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Yeah that one.

Does he get the green part first every time?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Does he get the green part first every time?

You're damn right he does.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 10:25 PM

Yeah that one.

I vote this for Cena too please.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:26 PM

Only if the giver goes: YOU CANT SEE ME

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:30 PM

Is he going to be wearing the french maid outfit?

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Is he going to be wearing the french maid outfit?

A nurses outfit.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
A nurses outfit.

Janitors outfit.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:40 PM
During his time not getting a pineapple up the colon (not Carlito) he needs to wash out Viscera's fat flaps.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
During his time not getting a pineapple up the colon (not Carlito) he needs to wash out Viscera's fat flaps.

With his tongue.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
back on topic (sort of) Wikipedia has the nerve to say he has 16 signature moves and the dropkick is listed!

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:54 PM
back on topic (sort of) Wikipedia has the nerve to say he has 16 signature moves and the dropkick is listed!

It was probably edited by a Cena mark

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 10:56 PM
It was probably edited by a Cena mark

how do I edit wikipedia? I have an awesome idea.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 10:58 PM
how do I edit wikipedia? I have an awesome idea.

Somebody beat you to it.

It's "semi-protected due to vandalism" until August.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Somebody beat you to it.

It's "semi-protected due to vandalism" until August.

Wikipedia...not reliable xD

Hesterica
11-11-2010, 11:09 PM
I think the move was a gutwrench suplex

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 11:11 PM

Gutwrench? Cena?

The world is ending.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:14 PM

Hey hey hey, lets not get carried away

Hesterica
11-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Either that or he seriously didn't know what to do and simply flailed about.

SilverGhost
11-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Either that or he seriously didn't know what to do and simply flailed about.

Knowing Cena....its this.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
More likely a botch.

IrkenInvader
11-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Fine I wa going to add a new signature move
The Suck and Blow-A modified facefirst heabutt to the groin region.

Bodom
11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Fine I wa going to add a new signature move
The Suck and Blow-A modified facefirst heabutt to the groin region.

What next? A reach around suplex?

TheMadThinker
11-12-2010, 12:32 AM
We have seen Cena and Otunga go at it on RAW at least 4 times now and it is always a squash match. Why do we have to continue seeing this? Is this leading somewhere?

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 01:25 AM
No.

Its Cena come on man!

TheMadThinker
11-12-2010, 01:37 AM
No.

Its Cena come on man!

Yeah, I guess it makes sense in a Cena-logic kind of way. I guess it is better that he squash Otunga than wrestlers who actually have talent.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-12-2010, 01:41 AM
C'mon people. Do i really have to list off all of Cena's moves again? It's total bullshit, he has over 20, he just doesn't use them all the time because the WWE and their main fanbase don't want Cena to do them. Seriously, I think some of you are in denial. BTW, The Rock had about "5 moves" and so did Austin. Just sayin....

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Cena wrestling like Bryan would be a sight to see.

TheMadThinker
11-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Cena wrestling like Bryan would be a sight to see.

Bryan would have to dumb down his skills quite a bit.

Any midcard person they put in the ring with Cena is a career killer.

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Bryan would have to dumb down his skills quite a bit.

Any midcard person they put in the ring with Cena is a career killer.

Oops...I meant Bryan Danielson vs Cena.

Squash match....Bryan wins

Kashdinero
11-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Looking back, I'm glad Bryan got fired when he did.... I don't think I could of handled all the squash matches that would have occured after the spitting incident!

Fatality
11-12-2010, 03:18 AM

Lol reminds me of pokemon xD

Regal>Cena
11-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Oops...I meant Bryan Danielson vs Cena.

Squash match....Bryan wins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-kiUcAdVI

Allow me to offer you this gift as a means of entry to these forums.

You may wish to brace yourself for a disappointment though.

SgtGohan
11-12-2010, 06:45 AM
holy shit i do not remember that

Bodom
11-12-2010, 07:12 AM

I remember that match :(

SilverGhost
11-12-2010, 11:28 AM

I meant now. I remember this.

Bryan would own Cena.

SaberToothTigerz
11-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I meant now. I remember this.

Bryan would own Cena.

now he would but wow im still amazed back inl ike 2003 or 2002 maybe? bryan danieldson would fight cena in velocity and they are like now big wwe superstars.

Regal>Cena
11-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Personally I tend to forget that Cena used to be able to have a quality wrestling match. Albeit 4 minutes long, and against a great mat technician... but still. Before he put on the extra bulk he was actually a decent wrestler. Its unfortunate really, Mass - Ability = Success really. He could probably do a good dropkick in 2003 too.

Robstar
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Alright you guys need to start ONE anti-Cena thread and keep it there, just like old IPITS and his baby oil obsession. It's more fucking boring than watching a Cena match reading new interpretations of the same fricken argument!

El_Dandy_LWO
11-12-2010, 02:29 PM

Everyone one in the first 5 rows would immediately burst into flames. Dixie carter would rise up from a hole in the ring and take her place as the cleopatra of pro wrestling and then Hitler would come out riding Santino like a horse with the original 4 Horsemen behind him, and cut a promo about being the new GM of North America.... Point being the world would end...this should not happen

Robstar
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
Everyone one in the first 5 rows would immediately burst into flames. Dixie carter would rise up from a hole in the ring and take her place as the cleopatra of pro wrestling and then Hitler would come out riding Santino like a horse with the original 4 Horsemen behind him, and cut a promo about being the new GM of North America.... Point being the world would end...this should not happen

Dixie will fall into the void of her own craptacular business management and be drowned by her lack of knowledge of the industry

Bodom
11-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Dixie will fall into the void of her own craptacular business management and be drowned by her lack of knowledge of the industry

With Vince Russo standing in the back laughing

El_Dandy_LWO
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
With Vince Russo standing in the back laughing

And Mr. Tuttle from Saved by the bell, sitting, touching himself and watching intently.

http://images.spaces.covers.com/Upload/UserImages/MrTuttle05.jpg

IrkenInvader
11-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Personally I tend to forget that Cena used to be able to have a quality wrestling match. Albeit 4 minutes long, and against a great mat technician... but still. Before he put on the extra bulk he was actually a decent wrestler. Its unfortunate really, Mass - Ability = Success really. He could probably do a good dropkick in 2003 too.

Well you have discovered the Batista formula.

CMhuw24
11-13-2010, 02:34 AM
OH MY GOD!
Cena used a gutwrentch suplex :D

SilverGhost
11-13-2010, 03:26 AM
OH MY GOD!
Cena used a gutwrentch suplex :D

u srs bro?

Damm....Cena is evolving!

CMhuw24
11-13-2010, 09:52 AM
John Cena + 2years of more moves.... = Dean Malenko? :D

Bodom
11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
John Cena + 2years of more moves.... = Dean Malenko? :D

Lets not carried away now buddy ;)

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
I think Cena can wrestle a lot better than some give him credit for. He has really improved on his in-ring lately in 2010. Just watch his match with Justin Gabriel. He did a really good job at making him look good.

SaberToothTigerz
11-14-2010, 02:50 AM
i think cena is alot of a better wrestler than what he shows us on tv
remember his rookie matches in 2002 he was more impressive he had a bigger arsenal of moves he just cut them when he became wwe champ

B-MCINTYRE
03-19-2013, 09:47 PM
He's too good at being an entertainer for his own good. No one should be as good life as him Grrrrr!

Robstar
03-19-2013, 09:59 PM
B Mac is drunk

Dennis
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
B Mac is drunk
He's at work and bored.

Robstar
03-19-2013, 10:26 PM
He should read a book

Peter Kaymakcian
03-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Lets not carried away now buddy ;)

Yeah Malenko couldn't lace up Cena's boots! Am I doing it right?

Robstar
11-28-2013, 03:18 PM
And a new theme song.

I am sick to death of his theme music

SilverGhost
11-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I am sick to death of his theme music

BRRRRRRRRRR

APPLEDOUGH! lol

NiallF96
11-28-2013, 04:37 PM
BRRRRRRRRRR

APPLEDOUGH! lol

I brush yo mouth like Colgate! VINTAGE Cena!

thedick
11-29-2013, 10:01 AM
I think Cenas ring entrance is quite life threatning for himself while we think its safe running down that ramp we forget he could injure his ankle and they way he slides in the ring could mean decapitation to his head... and if he throws that hat to hard I fear it could hit someone in the eye.

Asherdelampyr
11-29-2013, 10:19 AM
That Damn Cena, with his chiseled jaw, shapely muscles and boyish smile!
Damn him!!!

chunkkynutzzz
11-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I hope Cena gets a Droz-like injury!

thedick
11-29-2013, 10:35 AM
I hope Cena gets a Droz-like injury! Don't like him then?

savage girl
11-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Unless Cena is feuding with someone i like i change the station.

chunkkynutzzz
11-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Don't like him then?

Cena needs to get taken out, if I only had the right funds to pull a swift move

bcfccalum
12-02-2013, 07:34 AM
I hope Cena gets a Droz-like injury!
taking it a bit too far. Yes not a lot of us like him and hate having to see him on tv, winning so many titles etc.

But wishing paralysis on someone is a horrible thing to do

THE HEARTBREAK KID
12-02-2013, 07:51 AM
I don't hate Cena, I never have.

In fact during his early days, I was a fan for sure. The rapping gimmick for me, was such a breath of fresh air at the time. However now, I don't care for him, he's way beyond stale to me, it's the same thing all the time, over and over again.

I would like to think, if any other top guys of any generation was generating the hate he does, when end of the day he is meant to be the Face.. not the guy who receives a mixed reception every night. I would like to think, they would be like, okay I need to change it up, also I would like to think he might actually say, I don't need all these titles anymore, I can still do what I'm doing without it. Every time someones surpasses HBK on titles, who are so not worth his talent/level, it makes me like.. :( lol.

For me, He's Hogan.. I hated Hogan. Literally liked nothing about him, but at least Hogan changed it up eventually, that's all I'm saying. Also, the whole he should turn Heel thing.. I have no idea if that would work, I really don't. I guess what I'm after, is just something different. Not the whole talk about he's still some "underdog" every times he goes into a match. When he loses, we get this promo that his world has come crushing down, then he walks right into another feud and wins.. Case in point, from Rock to Brock.

I'm going to finish this boring blabber on by just saying.. that's about Cena the wrestler. Cena the company guy, I couldn't love any more, everything he does, just awesome. He's a WWE guy through and through, works harder then everyone else so it seems and will literally go to hell and back through an injury to finish his match/feud or what ever is lined up.