PDA

View Full Version : My final Wrestlemania 27 hopeful matches

AndyWonder
02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
WWE championship: The Miz vs. John Cena - i was hoping for this but thought it would be sooner than Wrestlemania. Orton vs. Cena was my original hopeful WWE title match here. However, Miz/Cena is a perfect feud. These two are great at bad mouthing each other. Remember the feud of 2009 they had? I loved it. Miz and Cena are so good on the mic against each other, and they have had entertaining matches in the past as well. I think they mesh real well. And John Cena can have tune up matches vs. Alex Riley, which will help Riley out.

World Heavyweight championship - Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian - I've seen this on some WM27 wish lists and I am going to agree. Edge and Del Rio would not be able to draw enough attention on their own. I don't think they mesh. Plus Christian has retribution for getting his arm hurt by Del Rio.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - More of a back story than CM Punk vs. John Cena (my original WM27 hopeful match) had to draw on. Punk tried to get revenge on Orton for that Unforgiven 2008 incident in a lumberjack match on RAW in 2009, but that flopped. Now he is getting his revenge in the normal heel fashion; others do the hard work for him and he finishes with the effortless work. Although I am tired of seeing Nexus, I enjoy this feud strictly for CM Punk's heel persona and promos. I don't like hearing Orton do promos. Bland. Hopefully Nexus be banned from ringside. If not, at least make it a lumberjack match with all Nexus members surrounding ring.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Not my first choice (I wanted Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio). However, it is apparent there will be a mask vs. mask stipulation, which would be a great way to give something different to a Mania match.

Undertaker vs. King Sheamus - Sheamus has beat WWE's best - HHH, Cena, and Orton(only by DQ's but anyway), so he can use this fact to make a credible challenge to Undertaker's streak. Enough said there.

Michael Cole vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler - Everyone is gonna want this. These two are constantly in each others faces making threats. Cole is the most annoying announcer WWE has ever had and his ego is gonna take a huge hit if he loses this. Which Creative needs to make him lose. Winning this match is not gonna do a damn thing for him. And there needs to be some sort of reward for the winner.

U.S. title - Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase
or Daniel Bryan & Gail Kim vs. Ted DiBiase & Maryse - I hope they wait til Mania for this. Both guys may be bland talkers but a rivalry is building up. Gail Kim and Maryse can be at ringside for this unless they decide to do a mixed tag match which Mania has not seen in many many years.

Money in the Bank ladder match - Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Kane vs. I have no idea who else or who I even believe will win this thing.

Big Show vs. Wade Barrett - I want this to be perhaps a second lumberjack match with The Corre surrounding the ring.

So, at Wrestlemania 27, Cena can win his 8th WWE title; CM Punk can beat Randy Orton to set up a real feud with new champ John Cena; Cole can finally be humbled by someone(it won't be the end of the world Vince); Undertaker can keep the streak alive; Cody will have to show his deformed face; someone can climb the ladder and snatch the briefcase only to once again cash it in surprisingly on a beaten up opponent; Nexus and Corre can get the attention Vince always craves for them to get; and the Royal Rumble winner can lose his earned title match for the 4th year in a row.

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 06:00 AM
neat althought i dont see christian fitting in the world tittle picture at all
jomo should win the money in the bank

The Brown One
02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
WWE championship: The Miz vs. John Cena - i was hoping for this but thought it would be sooner than Wrestlemania. Orton vs. Cena was my original hopeful WWE title match here. However, Miz/Cena is a perfect feud. These two are great at bad mouthing each other. Remember the feud of 2009 they had? I loved it. Miz and Cena are so good on the mic against each other, and they have had entertaining matches in the past as well. I think they mesh real well. And John Cena can have tune up matches vs. Alex Riley, which will help Riley out.

World Heavyweight championship - Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian - I've seen this on some WM27 wish lists and I am going to agree. Edge and Del Rio would not be able to draw enough attention on their own. I don't think they mesh. Plus Christian has retribution for getting his arm hurt by Del Rio.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk - More of a back story than CM Punk vs. John Cena (my original WM27 hopeful match) had to draw on. Punk tried to get revenge on Orton for that Unforgiven 2008 incident in a lumberjack match on RAW in 2009, but that flopped. Now he is getting his revenge in the normal heel fashion; others do the hard work for him and he finishes with the effortless work. Although I am tired of seeing Nexus, I enjoy this feud strictly for CM Punk's heel persona and promos. I don't like hearing Orton do promos. Bland. Hopefully Nexus be banned from ringside. If not, at least make it a lumberjack match with all Nexus members surrounding ring.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes - Not my first choice (I wanted Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio). However, it is apparent there will be a mask vs. mask stipulation, which would be a great way to give something different to a Mania match.

Undertaker vs. King Sheamus - Sheamus has beat WWE's best - HHH, Cena, and Orton(only by DQ's but anyway), so he can use this fact to make a credible challenge to Undertaker's streak. Enough said there.

Michael Cole vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler - Everyone is gonna want this. These two are constantly in each others faces making threats. Cole is the most annoying announcer WWE has ever had and his ego is gonna take a huge hit if he loses this. Which Creative needs to make him lose. Winning this match is not gonna do a damn thing for him. And there needs to be some sort of reward for the winner.

U.S. title - Daniel Bryan vs. Ted DiBiase
or Daniel Bryan & Gail Kim vs. Ted DiBiase & Maryse - I hope they wait til Mania for this. Both guys may be bland talkers but a rivalry is building up. Gail Kim and Maryse can be at ringside for this unless they decide to do a mixed tag match which Mania has not seen in many many years.

Money in the Bank ladder match - Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison vs. R-Truth vs. Kane vs. I have no idea who else or who I even believe will win this thing.

Big Show vs. Wade Barrett - I want this to be perhaps a second lumberjack match with The Corre surrounding the ring.

So, at Wrestlemania 27, Cena can win his 8th WWE title; CM Punk can beat Randy Orton to set up a real feud with new champ John Cena; Cole can finally be humbled by someone(it won't be the end of the world Vince); Undertaker can keep the streak alive; Cody will have to show his deformed face; someone can climb the ladder and snatch the briefcase only to once again cash it in surprisingly on a beaten up opponent; Nexus and Corre can get the attention Vince always craves for them to get; and the Royal Rumble winner can lose his earned title match for the 4th year in a row.

Most of the matches you posted are very likely to happen. But there are some that I doubt will happen.

1) Undertaker vs King Sheamus- there won't be enough time to build up a WM feud for Taker with someone who he hasn't had history with.

2) Big Show vs Wade Barrett- I know they have a bit of history..with the run-ins etc. but I doubt they would make a WM match out of that.

CMhuw24
02-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Id love to see ADR vs Edge vs Christian but for some reason i just dont see it happening, like how WWE always hype but never show, i beleive this is another one of those incidents.

HeelTurn
02-09-2011, 07:11 AM
I have no idea what theyll do with Big Show, I thought they would have gone for a Jackson/Show match, but if they do the Nexus/Corre match then maybe he will end up making up the numbers in mitb.

sporty
02-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Cena vs The Miz
ADR vs Edge vs Christian
Us title : Daniel Brayan vs Evan Bourne vs Tyson Kidd
Rey vs Cody
King vs Cole
Sheamus vs HHH
Punk vs Orton
Undertaker vs Sting(I Hope) or vs Wade
MITB : Kane vs Swagger vs ... I dont know..