PDA

View Full Version : WHY do you hate John Cena?

captainmoonlight
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Is it an iwc thing?

Rich Cranium
02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Is it an iwc thing?

That in itself is a reoccurring question as I've seen similar threads like this in the past.

On topic, I have zero issue with Cena! I think people just get tired of the SuperCena gimmick but it doesn't bother me as much.

Stinger187
02-08-2011, 08:59 PM
That in itself is a reoccurring question as I've seen similar threads like this in the past.

On topic, I have zero issue with Cena! I think people just get tired of the SuperCena gimmick but it doesn't bother me as much.
It's not him! I know Cena can wrestle he can go! It's the fact that VKM thinks all the kiddies want to see his four moves and bam! That's it, he is prob right, kids now days down really have attion spans... Sad but true!

CobraNightviper
02-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't hate Cena his charicter is just to kiddy for me to like and I have read this here before too.

68wPayne
02-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I hate John Cena the same way I hate the Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees. They are all shoved down my throat so much that it doesn't even matter if they have the game/match of the year it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth just cause it is them involved. Not so much their fault as it is just the way it is.

dres1214
02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Your gonna get a lot of the same responses from the IWC sir. Hate is a strong word to use. I don't hate Cena as a person but his character that is SuperCena is just getting old. Same 5 move set, well sometimes he may throw in a new move, very rarely. I do respect for what he does outside the ring with the contributions and what not. But SuperCena has been played over and over. How i describe Cena the modern age Hulk Hogan.

ToWhomItConcerns.
02-08-2011, 09:32 PM
oh god another 1 of these.

honestly i used to answer this question with a real answer but now i just say i don't like him cause i don't like him. i need no answer (although i do have a few reasons)

now i don't like the guy but i respect his dedication to the business and really respect him as a man for doing as much work with Make A Wish as hes done...he seems like a great guy but i just am not a fan of his in ring work.

thedominator92
02-08-2011, 09:34 PM
oh god another 1 of these.

honestly i used to answer this question with a real answer but now i just say i don't like him cause i don't like him. i need no answer (although i do have a few reasons)

now i don't like the guy but i respect his dedication to the business and really respect him as a man for doing as much work with Make A Wish as hes done...he seems like a great guy but i just am not a fan of his in ring work.

could not have said it any better

Trips88
02-08-2011, 09:42 PM
could not have said it any better

I second that.

Tommy Thunder
02-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Cena is a great promo guy, and does a ton of good stuff outside the ring etc, but the guy just can't wrestle very good. his moveset is very small, and I just think that someone that can actually wrestle should be the face of the company.

SyrusRiddick
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't really hate John Cena they've just made him so damn lame like i remember before he won the title from JBL and even for a time after he had this edge about him he was almost an anti hero. Now thats gone he's more like the the squeeky clean good guy to the point that it can be sickening if he were to work the tweener angle again i could see myself becoming a fan again. At this point tho i'd rather hit myself in the balls till i pass out than be a fan of his at the moment hell i was even marking out for the turn with nexus but we all know how that turned out.

Lance Storm
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Your gonna get a lot of the same responses from the IWC sir. Hate is a strong word to use. I don't hate Cena as a person but his character that is SuperCena is just getting old. Same 5 move set, well sometimes he may throw in a new move, very rarely. I do respect for what he does outside the ring with the contributions and what not. But SuperCena has been played over and over. How i describe Cena the modern age Hulk Hogan.

Perfectly said. No need to continue with this.

Out of the ring aside...HE SUCKS!

Stinger187
02-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Cena is a great promo guy, and does a ton of good stuff outside the ring etc, but the guy just can't wrestle very good. his moveset is very small, and I just think that someone that can actually wrestle should be the face of the company.

He can wrestle just he's told to do what he does!

dupergreenie
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
i dont hate cena, but i just think it is time for a change with him. i think the nexus deal could have helped. he should have joined nexus straight up then turn on them at survivor series costing them the match or at royal rumble by eliminating wade to win the rumble.

Stinger187
02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
i dont hate cena, but i just think it is time for a change with him. i think the nexus deal could have helped. he should have joined nexus straight up then turn on them at survivor series costing them the match or at royal rumble by eliminating wade to win the rumble.

Nah we'd have no punk nexus which is to sweeeeeet

dupergreenie
02-08-2011, 10:23 PM
they (rest of nexus) could have still kicked wade out for 'trusting' cena which could have led them to picking punk as their new leader.

Lowki
02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?2584-Why-do-you-HATE-on-JOHN-CENA
Use the search button! :) Merge away.

Bodom
02-08-2011, 11:03 PM
This can't be a serious question.

Rich Cranium
02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
This can't be a serious question.

Didn't you wear this today?
http://images4.cpcache.com/nocache/product/223190704v2147483647_480x480_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

DocOpus
02-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Because he's a wigger. Plain and simple.
Nobody likes wiggers. They're white people who think they know what it's like to be black because they learned all about black people from their racist white parents and a biased media.
I don't care how talented he is (or isn't), what kind of work ethic he has or how many people like him.
I hate John Cena because he's a douch-bag wigger.

Rich Cranium
02-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Nobody likes wiggers. They're white people who think they know what it's like to be black because they learned all about black people from their racist white parents and a biased media.
I don't care how talented he is (or isn't), what kind of work ethic he has or how many people like him.

A bit over the top don't you think?

ToWhomItConcerns.
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
i have to say as ablack guy that doesn't take stuff too seriously it really irritates me when i read/hear ppl call Cena a wigger.

it obviously comes from when he had the thug/rapper gimmick but that was what? 6 years ago? and even still i refuse to believe that white people who do things that are stereotypically done by blacks (being rappers, playing basketball, etc) are "wiggers" or "think they're black" i'm sure they know what they are just as much as you do.

wallyman
02-09-2011, 12:50 AM
i just dont like john cena cuz of how wwe makes him...i can see the man has heart and soul for wrestling...and does alot for community...but we all know wrestling is scripted....we all know wrestling is pre determined...problem with cena is that wrestling is an art...and he doesnt sell he doesnt do anything...so its kinda annoying...i dont hate cena the man i hate the character...i wish they would make him less superman...

evilgenius780
02-09-2011, 01:09 AM
I "hate" Cena for one reason, over exposure..too much of him, if he were to go away for a while, even a short while I probably wouldn't be so sick of him. Though I must say, the guy is a work horse, and its tough not to respect the way he embraces his role with the company and gives back. Even if I am sick of him, he is deserving of where he is right now. There was a time when I liked him, but it slowly sizzled away, I was really hoping the whole Cena gets fired storyline would result in an absesnse, not too long, 2-3 months.

If I was asked this question a year ago I would of said "I don't"

Kashdinero
02-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Ignoring everything else (good and bad), his punches are the worst I've ever seen!

Beyond terrible!

Kashdinero
02-09-2011, 01:36 AM
A bit over the top don't you think?

He didn't deserve a response, probably a racist nerd who got bullied by the "wiggers" on his block ;)

Snair
02-09-2011, 05:25 AM

Are you for real? Go EAT some ICECREAM

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 05:57 AM
lol everyone here makes the same old threads
1 why u hate cena?
2 when is HHH back?
3 when is christian gonna win it?
4 why cm punk is gold
5 is sting gonna come back at 2 21 11?
u guys just got no ideas for new threads...

The Brown One
02-09-2011, 06:20 AM
lol everyone here makes the same old threads
1 why u hate cena?
2 when is HHH back?
3 when is christian gonna win it?
4 why cm punk is gold
5 is sting gonna come back at 2 21 11?
u guys just got no ideas for new threads...

And you do? I would love to see some new ones from you. I'm waiting.

SaberToothTigerz
02-09-2011, 07:53 AM
And you do? I would love to see some new ones from you. I'm waiting.

i dont recall ever doing it fyi

Anyrysm
02-09-2011, 09:30 AM
I just hate the fact that Cena's matches all follow the same routine: 15 minute beat down, heroic comeback with same 5 moves in every match, AA, STF tap-out....it's just boring. The worst part of it is that he follows this same routine whomever he faces; whether it be Randy Orton or David Otunga. It makes him unbelievable and annoying to watch. The worst part is that he occasionally puts forward a decent match which teases the how good he could be.

Xpacfan
02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I hate John Cena the same way I hate the Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees. They are all shoved down my throat so much that it doesn't even matter if they have the game/match of the year it's going to leave a bad taste in my mouth just cause it is them involved. Not so much their fault as it is just the way it is.

^ I second this

Xpacfan
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM

LOL! ^ This for me too!

Stinger187
02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
I just hate the fact that Cena's matches all follow the same routine: 15 minute beat down, heroic comeback with same 5 moves in every match, AA, STF tap-out....it's just boring. The worst part of it is that he follows this same routine whomever he faces; whether it be Randy Orton or David Otunga. It makes him unbelievable and annoying to watch. The worst part is that he occasionally puts forward a decent match which teases the how good he could be.
He can put a good match watch his stuff at ovw when he was prototype I think! He's told what he can do!

Lowki
02-09-2011, 10:50 AM
I'll put what i wrote on the exact same thread that was made in novemeber...

Why i don't like him (not Hate):
He's the face of the company but no adult can really relate to him (except americans to an extent). He tries too hard. His moveset isn't that much of a problem but it's the predictability of them that annoys me. He gets beat up for 10 minutes with his only offence being a punch, then hulks up and hits 3 or 4 moves in sequence every time, and besides the AA, nothing really gets reversed or countered. Unless he fights Orton, Sheamus, Miz, Triple H. Pushed down our throats with everything. Rarely ever drops below main event or title fueds. One of the notorious "buriers" HHH even drops to mid card fueds (DX for example) once in a while and has face and heel turns. Jericho is another who changes between face and heel and gets involved in lower fueds (JeriShow) and even helped evan bourne! The other main eventers also lose CLEANLY! He's fully catered to kids.
I don't mind cena but they are the reasons why i don't care for him either. The commentators repeatedly keep on and on about John Cena even if he's not on the card or hasn't made an appearence yet. He actually buries people without being on camera!
When he comes out to talk you know it's going to be the same old childish name calling. Yes, i know the rock did the same but the rock MADE his insults funny and his jokes weren't really aimed at anyone (audience age), Cena just tries way too hard to make jokes that little kids will chuckle to. He never loses cleanly. He's the only person in the world that can apparantly take entire groups of men out.. If he's taking nexus and new nexus out every week, how will we ever believe he can lose an actual match against someone 1 v 1?

Automatic
02-09-2011, 02:36 PM
People need there bigger than life persons, especially americans, don't know why, but it works. First you had Hulk than Austin and Rock and now you have Cena and in 10-15 years we have a new guy that will be the Hogan of his generation.

WWTNA Mark
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
^ I second this

Why am I not surprised. I mean you hate WWE being PG so of course your gonna hate John Cena.

Flyyisha
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
I don't hate Cena!!!!!! *runs from thread*

captainmoonlight
02-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I think the last few months we've actually seen less of cenas usual routine. Tbf he's an absolute beast of a man and looks like he could hold his own against more than one guy. Id like to see him lose matches where the heel is a total villain, exposing turnbuckles, eye takes, low blows until cena is worn down and no hulk up.