PDA

View Full Version : Gimmicks

SgtGohan
08-12-2010, 11:34 AM
You can discuss anything about Gimmicks from wrestlers to pay per views

To start i will bring up the gimmick of "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

At this point it seems a bit "gay" if you ask me, but i do see him becoming a champion someday with this gimmick. the "Dashing" IC or WH Champion.

Bodom
08-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Yeah I see him becoming IC champ some day. His entrance is just all sorts of awesome and those vignettes just solidify him as The Dashing Douche

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-12-2010, 12:01 PM
yeah this dashing cody rhodes thing just a lex luger remake

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2010, 12:07 PM
in my opinion, they should have given the 'dashing' gimmick to Chris Masters, it would have worked better with him. he has the physique and the looks to pull it off, he's way better as a heel with his old theme and i think it's a joke that he's stuck jobbing on superstars,. but i think vince is reluctant to push him because of his previous use of steroids

Bodom
08-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Disagree. Master's is to muscular for what the "Dashing" gimmick is supposed to be and I dont think he has the charisma for the character. Agree with you on him jobbing on Superstars though

Tommy Thunder
08-12-2010, 12:12 PM
well, the 'dashing' gimmick (as an earlier person commented) is a re-make of a Lex Luger gimmick, he was a musclar guy, in fact he's renown for having one of the best physiques the wrestling world has seen!!

Bodom
08-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I can see how people may think that the "Dashing" gimmick is similar to "The Narcissist" but I dont think so.

tantrum
08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Seems like almost all gimmicks are remakes of old gimmicks, hardly any originality anymore. Nexus is a remake of nWo, and they were a remake of the 4 horsman from back in the day. My all time though is Goldust back in the 90s when he was edgy and kool and getting a push!

Bodom
08-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Goldust back in the 90s when he was edgy and kool and getting a push!

I second this.

TheOnlyLentonLees
08-12-2010, 03:51 PM
I like The Dashing Cody Rhodes Gimmick. What else can you do with the guy? Haha. As far as it being a little "Gay". Who gives a damn? A gay gimmick would be badass in WWE. Rico was hilarious when he was over the top gay and like it or not, Billy & Chuck were the top tag team on Smackdown. Watch the old PPV's and listen to the audience and how they just loved to hate the gay guys. I think Cody should go gay, personally.

MrNolan
08-12-2010, 04:27 PM
I disagree, with your view on Nexus. I think their group is very original. They're a bunch of rookies that stuck together to become a strong well polished unit. Its awesome how the WWE writers have put this thing together. If i'd have saw it on paper I would have never believed that it would work. Very entertaining stuff there.

On another note, am I the only one that wants to see Goldust make another great run for anything worthwhile? I think he can captivate us again lol.

bcfccalum
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Seems like almost all gimmicks are remakes of old gimmicks, hardly any originality anymore. Nexus is a remake of nWo, and they were a remake of the 4 horsman from back in the day. My all time though is Goldust back in the 90s when he was edgy and kool and getting a push!

what do you expect though, a lots been done, its hard to come up with things that haven't been seen before

TheOnlyLentonLees
08-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Nexus is definitely not a remake of the nWo. Just because it's a lot of people wanting to control a show does not make them a remake. You have to not look at it so shallow. Like MrNolan said, Nexus are rookies that joined together when they made it big. It's a great, original idea! It would've been like if Tough Enough would've had all members start a stable, which never happened, so this is new, fresh, and fantastic!

Bodom
08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I disagree, with your view on Nexus. I think their group is very original. They're a bunch of rookies that stuck together to become a strong well polished unit. Its awesome how the WWE writers have put this thing together. If i'd have saw it on paper I would have never believed that it would work. Very entertaining stuff there.

On another note, am I the only one that wants to see Goldust make another great run for anything worthwhile? I think he can captivate us again lol.

Goldust definitely still has. He proved it with his feud with Sheamus and that match he had with Jericho on Superstars

SgtGohan
08-13-2010, 05:51 AM
They should give goldust one last run cuz he is just awesome, he still has it and all the older fans love him.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
it would great to see jericho of the early 00's again but it probs wont happen cause of pg

Revelationx
08-13-2010, 07:55 PM
The best gimmick, to me, is definitely The Hurricane! xD
Maybe its because I'm 16 and I started watching wrestling when I was 8, but he had the best gimmick and he was my favorite wrestler then I'd always be excited to see on Smackdown :D

IrkenInvader
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Cena has the greatest gimmick of all the times.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Dashing Cody is a pretty good gimmick. I'm not sure if he has metro sexual tendencies in real life but his character sure does. From putting on http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm2MJfJkGRaYinbS2lXk7Ifbms__Krf PUMq1xRipOtTnwOrFY&t=1&usg=__q6hgb5q-wRBeFdfaMSkEUvqqFDs= to http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiaFTKuwk4NgKGF8zju-G3wsVHiqqsbEhE7u0MRIBvg61ybgs&t=1&usg=__BfwPGZVcDOfjmItuw0up91hL2-4= his http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhJZKRCHM90d91mKHWwtw5fqCNjUa3O 4-WI84y-gs0n-xAjgQ&t=1&usg=__a8MwarG71zpZVaGhyDPUlVesIwk= he has his gimmick down.

To my SHOWERHEADS, this is a rare treat for me to be posting on Friday night, your welcome. I'm just now feeling better from a case of pneumonia. Thank you for all your prayers and letters, it was a little sunshine on very cloudy days.:D

Bodom
11-05-2010, 10:12 PM

A group of people getting together to "take over" is not new

eyehatecena
11-05-2010, 10:21 PM
I agree with that statement- but in this case, they did not use established stars(well Danielson was known to some)

Bodom
11-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree with that statement- but in this case, they did not use established stars(well Danielson was known to some)

Never said it was exactly the same, but the bare essence of it is not new.

eyehatecena
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Well yeah. Nothing is truly original anymore- just different takes on old gimmicks/angles.

Bodom
11-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Which is why I objected to Nexus being an original idea.

BevinBoyz
11-06-2010, 02:22 AM
since we been takin about remakes... Triple H is pretty much a remake of hogan.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan / Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI Feud of the Year
PWI Match of the Year
PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year
PWI ranked him #1of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500
PWI Wrestler of the Year

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWF/E Championship
WWE World Tag Team Championship
Royal Rumble

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Feud of the Year
Most Overrated
Worst Worked Match of the Year
Worst Feud of the Year

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 07:07 AM
best gimmick to me is the boogeyman
u dont see a guy that often eating worms and doing it on live television.

BevinBoyz
11-06-2010, 12:02 PM
best gimmick to me is the boogeyman
u dont see a guy that often eating worms and doing it on live television.

FearFactor ^_^

IrkenInvader
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Orton obviously has the best gimmick.

Rich Cranium
11-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Best gimmick has to be The Undertaker. He's had that since what, 1990?

SaberToothTigerz
11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Best gimmick has to be The Undertaker. He's had that since what, 1990?

undertaker's best time was on the ministry of darkness