PDA

View Full Version : Sting has been remove from TNA Roster page

namelessf3ar
02-08-2011, 05:08 AM
I looked on the TNA Roster page and I saw that the Stinger has been remove. I hope that this is a sign that he signed with WWE and that promo last night was a swerve

LMPunker
02-08-2011, 05:41 AM
yeah but it could probably be a swerve by tna wouldnt surprise me if sting made an appearence at against all odds

THEKEVINBRAND
02-08-2011, 05:49 AM
TNA removes profiles everyday for cleanups or adding new things to it, so don't get your hopes up seeing Steve Borden in a WWE ring.

Tommy Thunder
02-08-2011, 06:18 AM
TNA removes profiles everyday for cleanups or adding new things to it, so don't get your hopes up seeing Steve Borden in a WWE ring.

I don't recall them taking profiles down if they expect their talents to re-sign. Samoa Joe's profile was still up during the time he was a free agent a month or two back, because they expected him to re-sign. Kevin Nash's profile was still there a couple of weeks ago as they were in talks and expected him to re-sign as late as 2 weeks ago. And every year Sting's contract expires, they never take it down while they are re-negotiating. Of course, it could be TNA just playing along with the rumors, hoping to get some publicity themselves. Maybe they have taken it down to add stuff to it etc, but isn't it a coincidence that it's been done now, when he's a free agent and rumors that he's jumping ship rife?

Point is, Sting has been wanting to retire for a few years, but TNA keep wanting him to re-sign for 'one more year', and that 'one more year' has turned into a few more years (and counting if TNA have their way). It's possible that WWE have offered Sting a short term deal where he can end his career on a high at Wrestlemania, and then finally retire for good with a decent send off (HOF induction perhaps). I'm sure Sting would prefer to be on the road for a few weeks and have one match, than be on the road for a whole year again, thus delaying his retirement further.

Pittbull
02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
I don't recall them taking profiles down if they expect their talents to re-sign. Samoa Joe's profile was still up during the time he was a free agent a month or two back, because they expected him to re-sign. Kevin Nash's profile was still there a couple of weeks ago as they were in talks and expected him to re-sign as late as 2 weeks ago. And every year Sting's contract expires, they never take it down while they are re-negotiating. Of course, it could be TNA just playing along with the rumors, hoping to get some publicity themselves. Maybe they have taken it down to add stuff to it etc, but isn't it a coincidence that it's been done now, when he's a free agent and rumors that he's jumping ship rife?

Point is, Sting has been wanting to retire for a few years, but TNA keep wanting him to re-sign for 'one more year', and that 'one more year' has turned into a few more years (and counting if TNA have their way). It's possible that WWE have offered Sting a short term deal where he can end his career on a high at Wrestlemania, and then finally retire for good with a decent send off (HOF induction perhaps). I'm sure Sting would prefer to be on the road for a few weeks and have one match, than be on the road for a whole year again, thus delaying his retirement further.

Well said! I have to agree! Wish they had more "sting" like characters in wrestling!

The Brown One
02-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Well said! I have to agree! Wish they had more "sting" like characters in wrestling!

I think thats part of the reason people like Sting so much. Theres not many other characters in the business like him. Hes a unique character.

InfoWarrior
02-08-2011, 07:17 AM
STING STING STING....It has to be STING!!!!!! I cant wait to mark out like a 5 year old again. I dont think there has been something this exciting to me with pro wrestling in a long time. If it isnt Sting I'm boycotting WWE forever.....not really, dont think I could live with just TNA, lol.

stolen_art
02-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Regardless of what the reason for the profile being removed, it's a bad move in my opinion by TNA to remove it unless they absolutely have to.

The fact that it's gone will just add fuel to the fire, and unless Sting shows up again in TNA before 2/21/11 then more and more people are going to think he'll be making his debut that night and tune in that night on the chance that it is him.

Personally I don't think it is him, because it would be such an historic event that I don't think WWE would tease it, they'd make it more obvious to the fans, while the wrestlers (or superstars) act dumb as to who it will be.

I think Sting should just show upp in CZW or as a manager in Wrestlicious, just to piss everyone off.

PandaMassacre
02-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Regardless of what the reason for the profile being removed, it's a bad move in my opinion by TNA to remove it unless they absolutely have to.

The fact that it's gone will just add fuel to the fire, and unless Sting shows up again in TNA before 2/21/11 then more and more people are going to think he'll be making his debut that night and tune in that night on the chance that it is him.

Personally I don't think it is him, because it would be such an historic event that I don't think WWE would tease it, they'd make it more obvious to the fans, while the wrestlers (or superstars) act dumb as to who it will be.

I think Sting should just show upp in CZW or as a manager in Wrestlicious, just to piss everyone off.

The sheer thought of that gives me nightmares. An I am not even sleeping yet! :rolleyes:

Pittbull
02-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Sting could show up on Impact Zone on the 17th and ruin everything... lol

Nay_Than
02-08-2011, 11:58 AM

Or against all odds xD

HeelTurn
02-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah TNA will most likely have a "mystery opponent" booked for Against All Odds, hoping that fans believe it is Sting returning.

wallyman
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
i hope sting doesnt go to wwe....i dont think he should end the streak...but i dont think his name should also go down as the ones fallen to the streak...ugh..,,,,hes a legend and in my opinion he has worked better matches than taker...

xAzureSkye
02-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Well it took them a long time to remove Roxxi, Daniels & ODB from the roster page. People thought that Hamada was still with the company just because she was on the roster page but she left TNA in October and TNA announced her release in December..

samoan619
02-08-2011, 12:43 PM
i hope sting doesnt go to wwe....i dont think he should end the streak...but i dont think his name should also go down as the ones fallen to the streak...ugh..,,,,hes a legend and in my opinion he has worked better matches than taker...

So your basically saying Taker is not a legend or the same calibur of wrestler as Sting. Both of their bodies are blown out, it was a pain watching Sting work with that bad knee in the past few years. Then we got the fact they both have amazing matches from past years. So im not trying to say your opinion is wrong (opinions are opinions), but to play down the Undertaker's career like it doesnt hold a candle towards Sting's is ludicrous.
In my opinion, its more illustrious to be the Mr. Wrestlemania Streak than Mr. Never Been To Wrestlemania.

Edit: Also the more i see the vignettes, the less i think its Sting. But I did mark out a little when the rumors came about.

wallyman
02-08-2011, 02:28 PM
So your basically saying Taker is not a legend or the same calibur of wrestler as Sting. Both of their bodies are blown out, it was a pain watching Sting work with that bad knee in the past few years. Then we got the fact they both have amazing matches from past years. So im not trying to say your opinion is wrong (opinions are opinions), but to play down the Undertaker's career like it doesnt hold a candle towards Sting's is ludicrous.
In my opinion, its more illustrious to be the Mr. Wrestlemania Streak than Mr. Never Been To Wrestlemania.

Edit: Also the more i see the vignettes, the less i think its Sting. But I did mark out a little when the rumors came about.

well not saying undertaker aint a legend... but to me sting has had more memorable 1v1 matches than taker...i am not much of a fan of gimmick matches and i think takers best matches besides the ones with hbk are gimmick...as for sting hes always been a good wrestler...love the man if taker is a legend or not idc...but i know sting is a true icon and a tru legend.

Rogo
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
I read on wrestlingnewsworld.com that during one of the Q&A that 2.21.11 was for Taker:

"Why is 2.21.11 such a big deal? Isn't it obvious it's The Undertaker?

From what I'm being told the original plan was for 2.21.11 to be revealed as The Undertaker although Vince McMahon saw the hype for Sting and reportedly reached out to him. I have no new information to report although even if it is just The Undertaker, the video got us talking. With Sting being removed from the official TNA website, speculation is going to increase."

So it sounds like Vince actually reached out to Sting due to the promo being released and the ENTIRE speculation and hype by the fans, the .jpgs made up for Sting/Taker WM27 posters, Twitter blowing up, the Dirt Sheets blowing up and everything. I honestly believe wrestlingnewsworld.com because Richard is a reliable source and Ryan clark pretty much just copy and pastes shit while saying he has sources and people he connects with.

If this was all for Taker and with people exploding up wanting Sting, you know Vince is going to do whatever it takes to get Sting in the WWE for WM27, if he sees the amount of hype and hysteria it brought to the fans, twitter, the wwe universe and the dirt sheets, you know DAMN WELL he sees $$$$$$$$$$$ in every direction and Vince cant pass up on that.

CobraNightviper
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
god I hope Sting doesn't sighn with tna he's already done everything he can do there(title wise anyway)

Trips88
02-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Agreed. If he is staying with TNA and they have it confirmed in writing, I would take him off the site and try to milk this press too, and if he does come back I would hold him to the very last TNA television apperance before 2.21.11. As much as I want Sting in WWE, is this end's up bing the case, I think I might have a little more respect for the creative minds behind TNA.

InfoWarrior
02-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I might look like an idiot if it ends up being Undertaker on 2.21.11. but I think I'm cementing in that it will be Sting. I honestly think that the first video was made for people to speculate sting. the second video was very similar to the 1st, but adding that jonny cash song made everyone confused and started major buzz if its the undertaker or sting. if sting is to be used for wrestlemania against undertaker, it would only make since to have that song in the video to connect sting vs. undertaker. i originally thought this for sure was the undertaker, but now, after looking at all the evidence, I really believe that this is Sting.

And if it ends up being Undertaker, oh well....thats life.

THEKEVINBRAND
02-11-2011, 12:37 AM
those who think it's Sting just look at my sig, that's what Sting's doing on the 21st