PDA

View Full Version : Let's give Mason Ryan some color...

Justdawg08
02-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Rather than being a big dude named Mason Ryan who wears a yellow t-shirt.

Why not define him a bit more than that?

Why not give him the Nickname... "The NeXT Factor" ... it describes him perfectly... him being the "X" factor of the group with his size and power.

BTW.. I thought he did a pretty good job in his match with R-Truth tonight, I hadn't seen him wrestle before and well I wasn't expecting much, but at least his match had logic and he showed off some good moves.

willos19991
02-08-2011, 01:12 AM
yea i actually really like him for a big guy, he was working really well on rtruth leg, and he didnt seem to botch anything actually rtruth was the one that seem to be struggling after bootching and saying that they were on green bay, anyways i think if given more time in the ring and putten with better wrestler i think he can get to be better then batista

CMhuw24
02-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Some of his FCW matches arent too bad either to be honest.

rko619
02-08-2011, 02:31 AM
ryan needs a character but dam can he wrestle =)

Kashdinero
02-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Mason Ryan is WWE's future. Alex Riley too, if he can keep out of trouble and stop botching things that is.

SevenCagedTigers
02-08-2011, 03:30 AM
ryan needs a character but dam can he wrestle =)

Ryan HAS character right now. He is the only guy who is truly commited to CM Punk. The other guys always voice their disapproval, but Mason Ryan is the only one who follows blindly.

How long did it take for Dave Batista to get out of his shell? He worked under Triple H and now-crazy Ric Flair for years before stepping out on his own, and by then the fans were 100% behind him. Mason Ryan familiarizing himself to the fans for a while won't be a bad thing. He can establish himself as the muscle of the group, keep being impressive and eventually fill that role that Batista left behind. I have high hopes.

SevenCagedTigers
02-08-2011, 03:32 AM
Mason Ryan is WWE's future. Alex Riley too, if he can keep out of trouble and stop botching things that is.

Alex Riley was pretty great on commentary today actually. He's witty and funny and comes across as intelligent. The only thing is, his face has no character. His gimmick is stupid. And he is simply too generic to be worth anything.

Also, his name sucks.

Trips88
02-08-2011, 03:42 AM

Ryan will be a big star some day. Riley, I have a feeling, will be the next Mike Adamle of wrestling. Big push + little pop = WWE obscurity.

Kashdinero
02-08-2011, 05:09 AM
I stand by my statement, and wholeheartedly disagree with the above posts disregarding Riley as an also ran.

Generic?

Riley has more charisma than Nexus combined!

thedominator92
02-08-2011, 05:17 AM
mason ryan botched a stomp to randy orton and riley called daniel bryan by his real name.

Bennyladd1
02-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Mason Ryan is the only member of Nexus right now who i think has a bright future, Mgillicuty may do well for himself although i cannot see otunga getting very far...his entrance is awful, him wearing a hoodie..damn he looks lame, Mason can go far though or atleast i hope he does.

Tommy Thunder
02-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Barri is making Wales proud!! It's fantastic to see him out there in a WWE ring and looking so confident and at home!! I was quite nervous about his first mach, but it wasn't too shabby at all, and his late trainer, Orig Williams (El Bandito, R.I.P.) is certainly looking down with great pride for his protégé!! He certainly has a big future ahead of him!!

Bennyladd1
02-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Barri is making Wales proud!! It's fantastic to see him out there in a WWE ring and looking so confident and at home!! I was quite nervous about his first mach, but it wasn't too shabby at all, and his late trainer, Orig Williams (El Bandito, R.I.P.) is certainly looking down with great pride for his protégé!! He certainly has a big future ahead of him!!

hell yeah , couldnt of said it better myself :)

Danny92
02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Ano who would have thought with all the new British stars in the WWE it would be the welsh guy that looks the most dominant :P , as a scot I'm pretty jealous.

shanethewolf
02-08-2011, 08:24 AM
I got an idea, they could have him dress up as a sailor and dance to the Nexus theme tune...or some other humiliating and camp gimmick.

That seems to be WWE's usal concept of giving a wrestler "character".

SaberToothTigerz
02-08-2011, 08:59 AM
i always found mason ryan more than capable
i got behind this dude rather quickly.

Bennyladd1
02-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Ano who would have thought with all the new British stars in the WWE it would be the welsh guy that looks the most dominant :P , as a scot I'm pretty jealous.

ah dont worry, mcintyre is doing well

Necroyeti
02-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Mason Ryan looks a bit like a heavily roided up Gary Sinise

captainmoonlight
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Id have Ryan mix up his language with a bit of angry Welsh, it can sound very intimidating

dres1214
02-08-2011, 11:39 AM
mason ryan botched a stomp to randy orton and riley called daniel bryan by his real name.

CM Punk called Randy Orton by his real name Randal lol :)

World B. Free
02-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Mason Ryan has alot of potential. I can see him main eventing some PPV in the future!

Rich Cranium
02-08-2011, 11:53 AM
If they billed him as Batista's lost son, they could have named him Bam Bam! I'm waiting for him to shake the ropes ala Warrior!

Bennyladd1
02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Id have Ryan mix up his language with a bit of angry Welsh, it can sound very intimidating

yeah then there could be a feud between sheamus and mason, the winner can be known as the celtic warrior, i heard mason was known as that in FCW or somewhere else

Manabu
02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
how long has he actually been on tv? 4 weeks if even that
and hasnt he only had one match?
it's pointless giving someone this amazing character and getting behind him when he could be a huge fail

C0ptje
02-08-2011, 01:51 PM
how long has he actually been on tv? 4 weeks if even that
and hasnt he only had one match?
it's pointless giving someone this amazing character and getting behind him when he could be a huge fail

I dont think Mason Ryan could be a fail ;l
And it doesnt mean that if ur 4weeks on Tv and only have 1 match, that youre a FAIL...

Manabu
02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Read my post again
and tell me where I stated Mason Ryan is a fail
just because my opinion isnt the same as yours doesnt mean you can run your mouth off at me

samoan619
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
i like britishta, i know he's welsh, but the ignorant american in me calls him bri-teesh-ta..

merhardt03
02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Mason Ryan has alot of potential. I can see him main eventing some PPV in the future!

This I will agree with. He reminds me of a younger Dave Batista.

thejman93
02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Mason is the kind of guy Vinnie drools over; big, athletic, and powerful.

The Brown One
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
After he breaks off from Nexus, or they disband or whatever..I can see this guy being pushed to the moon. He'l get an Umaga/Khali treatment, where he dominates everyone in his path to the world title.

CobraNightviper
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I wonder if he'll keep using that leg lock or if he'll have a diffrent finisher when he wins.

Lowki
02-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Brawd-tista is better as it actually works the same in english and welsh, Well the short hand english anyways - Bro-tista.

Good to finally see another welsh wrestler making it in the wrestling world. He is the first to make it onto the official WWE roster but i think he's the third to join a large company, the first being Adrian street in the 80s who was in NWA but was around during the territory days.

He's a natural body builder too which should work for him unlike batista and steiner who would gas and botch quite often.
Plus, it's never a bad thing getting to hear your own language on a show you've watched since the early 90s ^^