PDA

View Full Version : del rio vs kofi kingston

eboy
02-07-2011, 03:10 PM
after what went down on smackdown i think they were setting up a Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio for elimination chamber perhaps instead of christian. Which imo is good for kingston but not so good for christian. does this mean he'll have to wait till mania to return as a run in at WM 27 so what would you guys prefer to see at elimination chamber?

Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio
Christian vs Alberto Del Rio

HeelTurn
02-07-2011, 03:11 PM
after what went down on smackdown i think they were setting up a Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio for elimination chamber perhaps instead of christian. Which imo is good for kingston but not so good for christian. does this mean he'll have to wait till mania to return as a run in at WM 27 so what would you guys prefer to see at elimination chamber?

Kofi Kingston vs Alberto Del Rio
Christian vs Alberto Del Rio

Probably see Kofi vs Del Rio with Christian doing some run in after the match, its basically going to give Del Rio a win going in to Mania.

thejman93
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Probably see Kofi vs Del Rio with Christian doing some run in after the match, its basically going to give Del Rio a win going in to Mania.

That would set up the rumored Edge vs. Christian vs. ADR match at 'Mania very nicely.

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
That would set up the rumored Edge vs. Christian vs. ADR match at 'Mania very nicely.

^This I want to see! But Christian and Edge need a storyline since they are childhood buddies!

eboy
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM

i agree about del rio having a win going to mania but I'd prefer for christian to run in at mania and actually swerve on edge costing him the title setting up a mega fued that if handled properly could last all the way untill wrestlemania 28

thejman93
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
^This I want to see! But Christian and Edge need a storyline since they are childhood buddies!

They can just do the "let's see who the better man is" storyline if 'Taker and Sting aren't already using it.

jhorton1215
02-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Kofi has been being built up lately. Cole's been saying "he'll never make it", yet Mathews, Booker, and even Striker are giving Kofi praise. This is a nice way to elevate him into the Main Event, with winning MITB fully putting him the World Title scene.

evilash
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Would love to see the match at Elimination Chamber between Kofi Kingston and Alberto Del Rio to be for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. That way, Del Rio will want to be a Champion going into Wrestlemania against Edge (assuming WWE higher ups don't give us a major swerve at the PPV...unlikely, though), thus setting up Christian's return and costing Del Rio the match and the Title. This way, Kofi comes out looking strong after beating the Royal Rumble winner, and re-igniting the rivalry between Christian and Del Rio going into Wrestlemania and thus, setting up the main event match for Wrestlemania.

Also, I think Dolph Ziggler will be a part of the 'Mania World Heavyweight Championship main event. I believe Vickie Guerrero will insert Dolph into the match, making it a massive Fatal-Four Way Elimination match - just like Wrestlemania 2000. That would be epic in my books!

rko619
02-07-2011, 04:46 PM
dont care who adr faces at ec saw him put on a gr8 match with kofi in manchester and would love to see christian back. maybe make it a 3 way ???
thoughts????????

Dark_Lord
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I would agree with Kingston vs ADR but why does it seem like its the assumption or desire of ya'll for ADR to win? I think Kofi has more than earned the right for Heavyweight title push. Not that ADR hasn't although based mostly on his work in Mexico and abroad. Just an observation but why him over Kofi?

The Brown One
02-07-2011, 05:39 PM
i agree about del rio having a win going to mania but I'd prefer for christian to run in at mania and actually swerve on edge costing him the title setting up a mega fued that if handled properly could last all the way untill wrestlemania 28

I'd rather not have a swerve during a match at the biggest wrestling event of the year. This could happen after WM, sometime during the year, and I'd have Edge be a heel, just because hes so damn good at playing his role.

Would love to see the match at Elimination Chamber between Kofi Kingston and Alberto Del Rio to be for the WWE Intercontinental Championship. That way, Del Rio will want to be a Champion going into Wrestlemania against Edge (assuming WWE higher ups don't give us a major swerve at the PPV...unlikely, though), thus setting up Christian's return and costing Del Rio the match and the Title. This way, Kofi comes out looking strong after beating the Royal Rumble winner, and re-igniting the rivalry between Christian and Del Rio going into Wrestlemania and thus, setting up the main event match for Wrestlemania.
Good scenario. Kofi and Del Rio both will not be in the EC match at the EC PPV, and it would be a shame to not use them. This seems like a good way to use them. 2 weeks isn't much time to hype up that match..but they could, if Del Rio "was determined to win the IC title".

I would agree with Kingston vs ADR but why does it seem like its the assumption or desire of ya'll for ADR to win? I think Kofi has more than earned the right for Heavyweight title push. Not that ADR hasn't although based mostly on his work in Mexico and abroad. Just an observation but why him over Kofi?

Its not our choice, its the choice of creative, and the higher ups in the WWE. Del Rio was pushed well, and wasn't shoved down our throats. He backed up what he said, and is one of the best wrestlers on the entire WWE roster. Kofi is a great wrestler too, but his mic skills aren't up there with Del Rios, which plays a big part in someone getting a world title push nowadays.

eboy
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
i'd have to disagree with you i think wrestlemania the perfect time for a heel turn thats meaningfull (wrestlemania 17) and christian would get catapulted into the main event automaticlly

I agree EDGE is better as a heel but christian can do it too and also i cant see edge being turned heel due to the merchindise he can shift

Tai Night
02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't know about that. Kofi is pretty good on the mic. So is ADR, but because is English it not on por with Rey or Eddie, it kinda make me shy away from him promo. That's just my opinion but You already knew that.