PDA

View Full Version : Big Zeke

furlaa
02-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Is anybody in the same boat with me and thinking that if this guy was only better at promos he could possibly be a future contender
his promos are the worst!

Tommy Thunder
02-07-2011, 08:24 AM
He's not really had a decent chance at cutting a worthwhile promo. During is feud with Christian for the ECW title, Regal did all his promos for him (I don't recall him ever speaking during that run), and now with the Corre, he's had minimal time on the mic so far (those few lines he said to Show). I'm not going to judge his mic skills until he cuts a longer promo.
And I want to see him in a proper match. The only matches he's had since his ECW title match with Christian have been squash matches. I want to see him in a proper match sharpish.

evilash
02-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah, he seems a slight-bit nervous on the mic - but he's impressing me so far! I though a Big Zeke vs. Big Show feud would be boring, but it's actually looking pretty good! You can tell some of WWE Management are high on him.

Mikeyboy7777777
02-07-2011, 09:06 AM
i'm looking forward to the feud with zeke and show show can get people over really over man so:D

Zen Man
02-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I look forward to a feud involving the Big Show where he doesn't automatically squash any and all competition. When was the last time someone beat the big show 1 on 1 cleanly?

vbirwin
02-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Is it me or does Zeke appear to be stronger than Mark Henry, the so called "World's Strongest Man"? Don't get me wrong, I ike Henry, but it has seemed at times he has had trouble handling the bigger guys while Zeke looked like he lifted and slammed Show with little difficulty. I don't think Henry could have done that as cleanly, if at all.

It would be interesting to see a Zeke/Henry feud for the title of strongest man, although it will likely never happen because if he lost it would kill Henry's angle.

Tommy Thunder
02-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Is it me or does Zeke appear to be stronger than Mark Henry, the so called "World's Strongest Man"? Don't get me wrong, I ike Henry, but it has seemed at times he has had trouble handling the bigger guys while Zeke looked like he lifted and slammed Show with little difficulty. I don't think Henry could have done that as cleanly, if at all.

It would be interesting to see a Zeke/Henry feud for the title of strongest man, although it will likely never happen because if he lost it would kill Henry's angle.

Well, Henry did bodyslam Show last year in a bodyslam contest, and with ease if I recall. Henry is also older, and the older you get, the harder you have to train to maintain your strength, and training gets harder with age. I can see Zeke though becoming WWE's new 'strongest man'.

Lance Storm
02-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Somebody needs to train him on the mic. Hopefully, he can learn it or it will keep him at midcarder status. I wish WWE didn't ruin 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown, he would be perfect in this spot other than Big Zeke.

jethro
02-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Zeke looks like Ahmend johnson without the pearl river plunge

Lowki
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
He's definitely not stronger than mark henry. Apparantly one of the reasons vince likes him so much is because he has insane strength. There's a few stories about mark henry's achievements.
904lbs deadlift etc.
Zeke is big...but bigger doesn't always equate to stronger.

Zeke is a freak though! Be interesting to see where they go with him.

HeelTurn
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
This is his longest promo to date, back in ECW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0LnAiNmnPk&feature=related

Finally..
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
personally i think the guy smiles too much. i just can't seem to take him seriously. yeah, he's huge so the management should have made his character into a serious tough guy that can destroy anything in his path. like the big show or kozlov when they were first introduced they had that intimidating look or maybe even like the late umaga. big zeke to me feels like stuck up guy whose full of himself as one can see by the way he poses and nods his head and smiles everytime he wins a match or bodyslams the bigshow.

Tommy Thunder
02-07-2011, 11:44 AM
He's definitely not stronger than mark henry. Apparantly one of the reasons vince likes him so much is because he has insane strength. There's a few stories about mark henry's achievements.
904lbs deadlift etc.
Zeke is big...but bigger doesn't always equate to stronger.

Zeke is a freak though! Be interesting to see where they go with him.

Agreed, Henry has the nickname 'world's strongest man' for a reason. And those stories you hear are actually true, Henry did those things back in his weightlifting and strongman days. A lot of people don't think Mark Henry is the strongest guy in WWE, but honestly, if you look back at what he's achieved during his weightlifting and strongman days, I doubt anybody in WWE today could match those things.

World B. Free
02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Big Zeke kind of reminds me of Bobby Lashley. Hopefully the WWE will give him the right push?

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM

I doubt Zeke is stronger than Henry was in his prime. In the present tense is a different story perhaps, but you realize that Show helped with that slam right?

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Agreed, Henry has the nickname 'world's strongest man' for a reason. And those stories you hear are actually true, Henry did those things back in his weightlifting and strongman days. A lot of people don't think Mark Henry is the strongest guy in WWE, but honestly, if you look back at what he's achieved during his weightlifting and strongman days, I doubt anybody in WWE today could match those things.

Nobody today is true, however, I read that Nathan Jones is a strong SOB too and used to compete in strongman contests.

Tommy Thunder
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Nobody today is true, however, I read that Nathan Jones is a strong SOB too and used to compete in strongman contests.

Jesus yes, Jones was a monster in the true meaning of the word!! Take a look at this match against Shannon Moore!! Jones is the one man that made a gutwrench suplex look like a devastating finisher!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIi7cN-cOYM
A damn shame he couldn't hack the travel schedule. If he would have stayed around, he would have been a major player.

Robstar
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Zeke looks like Ahmend johnson without the pearl river plunge

And the coke habit ;)

Robstar
02-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Jones had fuck all wrestling talent. I believe he spent a number of years in jail for armed robbery here in Aus. That's probably where he started doing weights and got his degree in economics. Still, he was never going to make it.

Bodom
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Jones had fuck all wrestling talent. I believe he spent a number of years in jail for armed robbery here in Aus. That's probably where he started doing weights and got his degree in economics. Still, he was never going to make it.

Im surprised people still talk about him.

Bam Neely had more charisma/talent than Jones.

The Brown One
02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Lets not forget, many people have slammed the Big Show over the years, and most(if not all of them) have found success in the WWE. The most recent name that comes to mind(besides Mark Henry), is Bobby Lashley. He only won the WWECW title, but had matches that were considerably long for a man of his size.

HeelTurn
02-07-2011, 05:46 PM
The best thing Jones did was star in a film with Jackie Chan.

Rich Cranium
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
The best thing Jones did was star in a film with Jackie Chan.

I preferred when he got destroyed at the beginning of Troy!

Robstar
02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
I preferred when he got destroyed at the beginning of Troy!

That was the best scene in that bag of pus of a movie

Tommy Thunder
02-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Im surprised people still talk about him.

Bam Neely had more charisma/talent than Jones.

Disagree. Bam Neely was like dummy. Jones had more charisma than that.